Busted

Moonless Nights

"I see the two of you have gotten much cozier," the oldest man said quietly, closing the door behind him gently. The other two glanced toward each other before looking to the floor.

 

"It's not like that at all, hyung," Kibum shook his head, finally raising his eyes to look up to Jinki. The younger vampire glanced at Minho. "It looked like we were kissing from where he was standing," he explained softly.

 

Jinki crossed the room to lean against the wall closest to them with his arms crossed. "That's what it looked like at first, then I smelled blood and heard Kibum and, needless to say, I was rather confused for several seconds."

 

Minho blinked between the vampires. "He ing broke my nose! No way in hell would I kiss him..."

 

"He kissed Taemin! Taemin's first kiss, stolen away but this... this...."

 

"By Taemin's master?" Jinki finished, not allowing himself to be pulled into the little spat. "And I suppose you broke Minho's nose because of the kiss then, right? The same kiss that Taemin is not at all upset about?" The elder vampire sighed, shaking his head down to his chest. "Jonghyun is looking for you, Kibum, get out of here."

 

Kibum stood slowly, his face fallen like a scolded child. "But..." he glanced back at Minho with his expression changed to a somber one, pensive and distant. "See you later," he said softly before he left the two others alone.

 

The human male stayed seated on the bed, not sure why Jinki was there to begin with. "Did you need something?" he asked quietly.

 

Jinki kept his gaze on the door after Kibum left, letting out a long sigh and pulling a chair close to the bed so he could sit facing Minho. He stared for several long moments before finally opening his mouth to speak softly.

 

"I came here to tell you that lunch is going to be ready soon," the vampire informed Minho, crossing his legs and sitting back in the chair gracefully. "But I think you and I need to have a little chat about a few things while we're alone, okay?"

 

The only thing that Minho could do to answer was nod. He pulled his legs close to him on the blanket and wrapped his arms around one of the posts at the foot of the bed, holding onto it for support.

 

Jinki smirked at the younger male's sudden nervousness. "First things first, what are your intentions with Taemin? I won't judge you for anything you have going on in your mind concerning that, and I won't tell you what you can or cannot do. I simply need to know things from your own mouth so that I can give Taemin the right advice," he told Minho levelly and crossed his hands over one knee to pay attention.

 

"My intentions?" Minho repeated, tilting his head away from the post and pursing his lips. "I would like to be his friend, rather than his master. I don't ever want him to feel like he has to do something because of some ancient law," he answered, pausing before he decided to continue. "I do not plan on using my standing as his master to sleep with him or abuse him in any manner. I just want to be his friend and be there for him, and I hope that he feels like he's been my 'servant' long enough very soon so we don't have that between us."

 

The vampire nodded slowly as Minho worked through everything. He knew he was telling the truth and he was glad the man was sure of what he wanted. "So tell me about that kiss, then," Jinki challenged, eyes narrowing slightly at the man.

 

Minho's head hung low to his chest as he sighed. "I really didn't know it was his first, I swear," he said quietly, slowly raising his head to the other male. "He was feeling bad about himself and for some reason I thought it would make him feel better. Taemin didn't get mad at me, and he didn't cry, and he came back when Kibum was going to kill me for it and kissed me again.

 

"I don't think it's something that I need to apologize for," Minho finished, meeting Jinki's eyes firmly and keeping their gazes locked to show how serious he was taking things.

 

After a few long seconds, the sandy haired vampire smiled and nodded. "Alright, I don't think I'll need to warn him about anything with you," he smiled to himself at his next thought. "He already knows what a dummy you are, so things should work out just fine," he chuckled, standing up slowly and offering his hand to Minho. Jinki shook the man's hand firmly, then pulled him from the bed and let go so they could go to lunch.

 

Seated at the table next to Taemin once more, Minho was both more relaxed and more nervous as he looked around to all the members of the family at the table. Well, Kibum wasn't officially family yet, but he did have his own room. Minho had a strong feeling that he and Jonghyun shared a room most nights though. He nodded a thanks to the maid who brought his food to the table, bowing his head politely toward Grandmother as well on his way back to his plate.

 

"I trust by the way you were conversing with Jinki so comfortably on your way down that you've decided you can keep our secret," the aged woman spoke from the head of the table, her gaze on Minho ever suspicious.

 

Minho nodded just once before opening his mouth. "Yes, Grandmother. I would like to keep all of my memories of this," he answered quietly, glancing at Taemin. "And I have an arrangement worked out with Taemin about being his master."

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim both looked up quickly at the mention of Minho being Taemin's master, a worried look shared between them before they looked at Minho for an explanation.

 

"I'm going to his house a couple days a week," Taemin jumped in, reaching down to take Minho's hand protectively. He squeezed it to encourage the man older in their respective ages, giving him a small smile. "And he might come here again once a week or every couple weeks," he added firmly, his gaze never faltering as he informed the elders of the decision rather than ask permission.

 

The couple that had taken Taemin in after his own parents had died nodded slowly. "So you'll be leaving us then, Minho?" the man inquired, since the original plan had been that Minho would remain at the mansion until the situation was over.

 

Minho took a deep breath nervously before he nodded once more. "I do have a job, and I need my hours to pay for my apartment and essentials," he explained, his hold on Taemin's hand tightening.

 

"I've searched Minho's mind," Jinki said quickly, bringing the attention to him. "I looked deep into his thoughts and I'm confident nothing bad will befall Taemin at this man's hands," he told the older vampires, then gave light kick toward Kibum under the table.

 

Kibum jumped at the contact, blinking in confusion. "Oh..." he breathed as he caught Jinki's look. "I... Although I'm extremely displeased with the turn of events, I would have to agree. I wouldn't say I trust Minho as a person, exactly, but I trust he won't misuse the power he's been given over Taemin."

 

Feeling like he needed to say something even though he wasn't sure of Minho as confidently as Jinki and Kibum, Jonghyun nodded along with them. "Taemin cares for Minho as well. They have a fairly strong trust in their barely formed relationship and we all know that Taemin has been raised quite well. I don't see anything wrong with this new set up," he added his input with a small glance toward the two youngest males.

 

Grandmother's lips twitched up as she let out the smallest of chuckles. "I see that the decision has already been made, regardless to what I or your parents have to say," she said gently, taking her silverware up to signal the start of lunch. "Very well, Minho shall be released to return to his old life and the arrangement he and Taemin decided on will be what happens," she declared formally.

 

Minho sat silently while the three older boys defended him, surprised especially at the way Kibum stood up for him. He threw Kibum a look of appreciation, although still confused about the elder's problem with him, while they were eating and finally let out a breath of relief once he was able to go back to the room he'd been staying in. He heard a knock on the door, smiling to himself when he saw the face waiting on the other side.

 

"I figured it would be your turn to see me one on one soon enough," he said softly and opened the door wider so Jonghyun could come in. "Is there anything specific that you'd like to talk to me about?"

 

Jonghyun blinked at the cheerful way the man greeted him, but walked inside and flopped down onto the bed. "Come here," he smirked up at Minho, beckoning him closer with his hand.

 

Minho blinked then, but nodded and slowly shut the door before crawling onto the bed and propping his head up a little with his hand. "What's up, Jonghyun?" he asked quietly, his mind burning with curiosity.

 

"I figured you're wondering why Kibum has been so against you from the beginning," the vampire told him softly, his smile fading as he thought back to the past.

 

"He seemed really pissed the night I woke up, angry at Taemin's situation," Minho nodded a little. "I haven't been able to figure out if he's protective or if he doesn't like me because I'm a human," he sighed, relaxing onto the bed and looking to Jonghyun for an answer.

 

"I just wish I knew why Kibum hated me so much."