Awakening

Moonless Nights
"You'll do anything, you say? Anything?" Kibum smirked, grinning devilishly when Dongwoo looked up at him nervously. "Does anyone know you're here? Or do we have to be sneaky when we dispose of your mangled corpse?"
 
Dongwoo's eyes widened and his jaw dropped open slowly. Even though he was mostly confident Kibum was joking, the older vampire's expression made him cringe. He bit his lip lightly when he saw Sungyeol, focus leaving the other vampires. "It's okay, baby. They have a right to be angry. No one is going to kill me," he said quietly, realizing too late that he'd revealed his true relationship with the human he'd brought.
 
"Baby?" Jonghyun blinked, looking back and forth between the vampire who had the worst beating of his life to look forward to and the human fountain none of them had ever met before. "Sungyeol, was it?" he said softly, waving the human closer to the group.
 
Sungyeol bit his lip as he nodded, walking the few steps toward the vampires he had only heard about. He gasped when Kibum grabbed him from behind, kissing up and down his neck gently, the soft actions making him shiver.
 
Dongwoo stood up quickly, taking a few steps toward Kibum. He swallowed thickly as three pairs of eyes glared at him. "He has no part in this..." he murmured as he sat back down slowly.
 
"Did Minho have any part in what you and Howon were doing to Taemin all the time?" Jonghyun hissed. "And still you drug him into the park and tied him up. You were about to make him Howon off and kick his ," he narrowed his eyes again at the younger, smirking as he moved next to Kibum and kissed the other side of Sungyeol's neck.
 
Once more, Kibum grinned at Dongwoo, wrapping his arms around Sungyeol's waist. "So, of course you won't mind us stealing him away to the bedroom for a while," he said softly. "You did say you brought him here if someone needed to feed. Well, Jjongie and I are both famished. And since we prefer feeding in private, and you said you would do anything..." he grinned once more. "You're going to let us borrow him for whatever we may need or want or maybe even just feel like."
 
Unable to help himself, Dongwoo lowered himself to the floor once more. "Kibum hyung, Jonghyun hyung, please..." he whispered, bowing exactly how they had moved him earlier.
"See, Bummie?" Jonghyun clapped. "You can teach a moron new tricks!" he chuckled as he took the human's hand and led him toward the bedroom. "Don't worry, Dongwoo, we'll be really... gentle."
 
~*~
 
Once Sungyeol had disappeared into the bedroom with the two vampires, Jinki took Dongwoo to the kitchen to help finish dinner. He wanted to put some distance between the younger and his apparent boyfriend, and give him something different to think about, so Dongwoo wouldn't be able to find out what was happening with the missing trio.
 
Minji looked up to the clock, smiling when she saw how late it was getting. "It should be about time," she said softly, opening one of the drawers in the refrigerator and pulling out two potions she had made up earlier. "I gave Minho and Taemin something to keep them asleep so they could rest," she explained to Dongwoo's curious expression. "If you'd like, you can help Taemin drink his. He probably won't wake up immediately, so you don't have to worry about him waking and then freaking out once he sees you."
 
Dongwoo nodded slowly, then looked to Jinki to ask if that was acceptable. He smiled softly when the older vampire nodded, taking the potion from Minji and walking slowly toward the couch. He took a deep breath as he pulled Taemin up, sitting on the couch and letting the younger lean against him.
 
"Okay, Taemin, time to welcome you to the world of fully ignited vampires," the said quietly as he opened the sleeping vampire's mouth. He tilted the small bottle at Taemin's lips, only letting a little of the liquid into the younger's mouth so he didn't choke. "There you go, drink it all up, Tae," he whispered, remembering how he could hear a lot of what was said to him while he was asleep during his ignition.
 
Sighing softly once the potion was all gone, Dongwoo the younger's hair gently, glad his fever was nearly gone. "I know you probably won't believe me, but I'm sorry. I never really thought about how we really treated you. I know that we did a lot worse than anyone thought, more than you've ever told or let other see. So, whatever you want to do to me, whatever punishment you think I deserve... I'll accept it, Taemin," he said softly, braving a small kiss to Taemin's forehead before letting him back down to wake up on his own.
 
Blinking as the door to Minho's bedroom opened, the older high school student gulped at the smirks on Kibum and Jonghyun's faces.
 
"I can see what you like about Sungyeol so much," Jonghyun murmured, glancing down and rebuttoning his shirt correctly.
 
Kibum nodded, running his shirt through his tousled hair to calm it. "Yeah, Sunggie is really fun to play with. You're lucky to have him all to yourself," he sighed softly. "Well, at least most of the time," he grinned at the younger.
 
Dongwoo's eyes widened, his mouth going more and more dry with every word the other two said. "What..." he paused, looking down slowly. "What did you do with him?" he whispered as his hands balled into fists.
 
"Nothing worse than what you've done to Taemin and Minho," Jonghyun said lowly, his smile falling as he took Kibum's hand and walked to the kitchen, since Minji had told them dinner was done.
 
"Nothing worse than..." Dongwoo mumbled, gasping because of just how horrible he'd been to Taemin over the years. He shot up quickly and burst into Minho's bedroom. He swallowed thickly when he only saw Minji getting up from the bed and Minho still sleeping. "Sungyeol?" he called out quietly and walked into the bathroom. Dongwoo sighed in relief when he saw his boyfriend standing at the sink, gasping when he heard the human sobbing. "Baby, what did the..." he breathed, reaching out to put his hand on the younger's shoulder.
 
Sungyeol wiped his eyes before turning to Dongwoo angrily, more tears falling down his cheeks. "How could you do it?" he hissed. "How could you hurt him so badly? For years, Dongwoo!" he asked, hitting at his boyfriend's chest weakly.
 
Dongwoo took the blows, the hurt from each fist hurting more than any other hit he'd ever received. "Sungyeol, I'm sorry. That's why I-"
 
"You're the monster."
 
Dongwoo froze completely, the shock from Sungyeol's words worse than if he'd been in a hot bath and had a bucket of ice water dumped over his head. He stood still so long that the human huffed and brushed past him, storming toward the kitchen because he definitely needed food after feeding Jonghyun and Kibum, even if it was only briefly.
 
"You guys are so mean, making Dongwoo think you were ing up his boyfriend. Together, no less," Jinki sighed as Sungyeol walked in. "Cruel, but hilarious," he added with a light chuckle. He looked down when Minji smacked his chest, giving him a dirty look.
"What the are you doing in my bathroom?" sounded from beyond Minho's bedroom door. Minji dropped the plates in her hand on the counter, rushing into the owner of the apartment's bathroom and putting her hand on Minho's chest lightly to calm him.
 
"I let him in," she murmured, cupping the human's cheek lightly. "Dongwoo, go sit down for dinner," she ordered quietly. "And Minho, you get washed up and check on Taemin. He should be about up, so bring him to the table once you're both awake," the witch told him softly and kissed his cheek before leaving to the kitchen to get settled.
 
Flustered at the vampire responsible for his boyfriend's suffering being in his house, and Minji being just fine with it, Minho used the toilet and washed his face with the coldest water the faucet would offer. "What's going on?" he mumbled at his reflection, shaking his head at himself and taking a deep breath to pull his thoughts together.
 
That breath let out in a slow sigh of relief when Minho saw his boyfriend stirring on the couch. "Taemin..." he said gently as he shook the vampire's shoulder to wake him the rest of the way. "It's time to get up, baby," he smiled at Taemin's gentle whining as he blinked his eyes open.
 
"What..." Taemin mumbled and rubbed his eyes a little. He looked down to his stomach, placing his hand over where he'd been stabbed. "I'm really okay," he finally smiled softly, looking up to Minho and kissing him deeply. "And you're okay, too," he smiled bigger and sighed happily with his arms around his boyfriend.
 
Minho blinked at the sudden kiss, smiling once Taemin pulled away. "I'm glad you're okay, baby," he whispered, holding the older male closer. "But, Dongwoo..."
 
"Is here. I know..." Taemin said quietly, taking a deep breath himself before standing slowly. "Noona made food, though, so let's go eat. Or at least show everyone how alive we are." Not understanding how Taemin could know about Dongwoo already, the human nodded slowly and laced his fingers with his boyfriend's on the way to the kitchen. "Hey..." Taemin murmured once he finally had the chance to speak, not just listen to everything.
 
Smiling brightly, Kibum and Jonghyun got up quickly to hug the younger. Minji let Jinki go first to hug his cousin, kissing his cheek before stepping back with her boyfriend. Dongwoo was the last to rise, receiving no support from his boyfriend, not even sure if Sungyeol still wanted to be with him.
 
"Taemin, I..." the vampire started quietly, keeping his head low as he moved toward the freshly ignited vampire. He dropped to his knees as soon as he was close enough, bowing a little lower. "I'm sorry, Taemin."
 
Dongwoo's apology was met with Taemin grabbing his head and kneeing him in the nose, hard. Just to be sure it was broken, Taemin pulled Dongwoo's face down to meet his knee once more. He knelt down next to the elder, swatting away the hands that lifted to cover the broken nose.
 
"You're going to leave your nose broken like that for a week, Dongwoo. And after on week, I'll decide whether or not to rebreak it and fix it," Taemin ordered, then leaned forward to clean the elder's bloodied face with his tongue. "Now drink a little so you don't dirty my boyfriend's nice clean floor, and don't forget to tell me how good my blood tastes," Taemin said softly and held out his wrist. "Drink," he repeated, more firmly when Dongwoo hesitated.
 
The older of the two vampires took a shaky breath and let his fangs grow out. He slowly once his sharp teeth had pierced Taemin's skin, thinking about the way the younger really tasted for the first time. Dongwoo blinked a couple times before pulling away and the spot gently. "It's good, Taemin. You're really really good," he mumbled, glancing down briefly. "I'm sorry, so so sorry, for everything," he added in a whisper as he moved away a little, bowing once again lowly. "Please forgive me, Taemin..."
 
"You can't begin to fathom the meaning of those two words, Dongwoo," Taemin scoffed as he stood. "Sorry? Forgive?" he shook his head down at the elder. "Not yet, anyway..."
 
Turning to the other human, who had yet to be formally introduced to either him or Minho, Taemin smiled lightly. "Sungyeol, right?" he said quietly. "Minho, this is Dongwoo hyung's human fountain and, surprisingly serious, boyfriend. Sungyeol, this is my boyfriend and, once again, master, Minho," he smiled at each of them before moving closer to Sungyeol and leaning lose. "Don't give him too hard a time, okay? He already has a lot to deal with with me, plus whatever the coven decides for his punishment. I'm okay, and I have a strong feeling you'll be really really good for him," he whispered. "And, look how good he's being right now. He brought you, and he fed me. He's been helping ever since he found his conscience again, and I think you're that conscience."
 
Dongwoo nearly teared up at Taemin's words, unable to even attempt to thank him for what mercy and kindness he was showing. Even if it was likely very temporary mercy. He rose slowly, breathing through his mouth because his nose, though healed, was still so sensitive. Once he was seated next to his boyfriend, he took Sungyeol's hand and looked up to his face hesitantly.
 
"If Taemin is somehow convinced that you aren't inherently evil, I suppose I can keep trying to reform you," Sungyeol sighed softly as he squeezed the vampire's hand gently.
 
"Now that we're all settled, let's eat, yeah?" Minji declared and got settled at the head of the table, everyone else oddly accepting of her being in charge for a while. Sungyeol's head tilting curiously up at the woman, though, confusion etched clearly in his features.
 
"Am I missing something? I thought vampires from our coven were strictly forbidden from associating with witches. How is it that you're here, freely coming and going and hanging out with the vampires here, being one of the most powerful witches from the strongest coven in the country?"
 

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day! And Happy Full Moon~
Sooo, JongKey is eviil and cute at the same time. Who knew? :)
I went soft on Dongwoo and I don't freaking know why. He'll still get what's coming, but it won't be quite as bad.
Next chapter is actually how Onzy met, so I have a vote for you. Here are the options:
  1. A chapter with the other characters interrupting to take a break from just Minji and Jinki telling from their POV.
  2. A full flashback chapter in 3rd person POV.
  3. A combo of the two with other people interrupting, but they interrupt the flashback.
See you on the new moon!~
Oh, and pretty pretty please check out my contest? It's My Birthday! Writing Contest. It's really easy, guys and gals...