Leejoon's past

My biggest mistake

I woke up and and felt a warm hand on mine. I looked over to see Leejoon holding my hands. I shook him lightly and he stirred in his sleep before widening his eyes as he saw me staring at him.

" Your awake?" he asked.

" Were you here with me the whole time?" I asked.

" I was worried about you " he admitted.

" Thank you" I said smiling and hugging him.

" Uhum" someone said clearing his throat.

" Dr. Lee" I said turning around.

" You're ok. You just were dehydrated" Dr. Lee said.

" That's good" Leejoon said.

" Then I'll get going. Sorry to disturb you" Donghae said trying not to show how hurt he was and bowing. Joon bowed back.

" Are you feeling better?" Joon asked. I nodded.

" I can walk " I said chuckling at how he carefully pulled me along.

" I don't want you to get hurt " he joked.

" Thank you doctor" a sweet voice said.I turned around to see Donghae talking to a patient. He turned and caught me staring at him. Lee and I bowed as he walked over.

" This is Hyuna" Donghae introduced and she bowed at us.

" I'm Ailee" I said extending my hand and she took it. I saw Joon looking a bit uneasy.  Why wasn't he introducing himself. I saw how young she looked. I was about to ask her age but she suddenly collapsed.

" Nurses , hurry and take her to the operation room!" Donghae ordered.

" What's wrong with her?" I asked.

" She has a brain tumor and  not much time left" he said making my heart sink and Joon's eyes widen.


" Doctor Lee, please save her" Joon pleaded.

"  We will try our best" Donghae said bowing and walking away.

" Leejoon, why are you so concerned about her?" I asked confuse on how he was so caring and confused on how they know each other. He sighed and confessed.

" Hyuna is Minho's mother" This time my eyes widened and I felt really bad.

" Are you serious?" I asked in disbeleif and he nodded.

" What happened?" I asked. He took a few breaths sighing before explaning.


Flashback - Leejoon's point of view

 

It was a day off at my college. We could stay on campus and hangout or leave. I decided to take a walk around the city. I saw a girl getting harmed by some guys so, I helped her. We talked awhile and got to know one another. We would always meet , talk and walk together. One day I got drunk because I was angry at my parents for something I don't remember. I called Hyuna for comfort but ended up losing controll and did something bad. I got her pregnet and was ready to take responsibility. She became hopeless when her parents kicked her out. I brought her to live with me since it was my fault.. She was alway's criticized by my mother but managed to survive. One year after Minho's birth she collapsed and they said it was nothing. I went to a different country for a buissness trip trusting she would be okay. When I came back my mother said she died and the funeral happened already. I was in pain always blaming myself and wanted to go with her but realized how Minho would be left alone so I stayed for him.


Ailee's p.o.v

" So your mother lied to you?" I asked in disbeleif.

" What I can't beleive is that she's still sick after so long" he said.

" Doctor?" I called as Donghae came out.

" What's wrong" Donghae asked.

" Is Hyuna out of surgery"

" Yeah, it was a success. She's still sick so be careful" he said walking away.I bowed and turned to Joon.

" Go visit her" I said pushing him


Lee joon's p.o.v

I nervously walked in Hyuna's room. She was lying on the bed and my stare was on her white pale skin. She sat up as my presence was felt.

" Are you ok?" I asked concerned.

" Yeah I am..you don't ..have to worry...I'm fine" she said in between coughs.

" Why did you leave me Hyuna?" I asked straightfoward. She stared into my eyes.

" I don't know hat you're talking about?" she lied.

" Hyuna, you don't know how I longed for you, please don't lie to me. I can't handle the pain anymore. Tell me the truth, please" I begged

" Joon?" she said releasing a tear.

" Why did you leave ?" I asked raising my voice.

" Your mother thought it would be best if I leave" she said looking down.

" Why did she think that?" I asked confuse.

" She didn't want us together because I was sick" she confessed as tears streamed down her cheek. I hugged her to make her stop crying and carressed her hair. Why would my mother do that? Whatever the real reason is I'll figure it out. I already lost Hyuna once but  I won't lose her again.