Arranged Marriage - Last Part

A Part of Me (Amber Liu's Multi-shots)

He's not my friend. He's only a guest here.

 

I felt like, that my heart is shattered into thousands of pieces, when she say those words. It felt like, she - herself pushed me on the edge of the cliff and let me fall on the hard concrete ground. Now, I know how she felt when I hurt her 4 years ago. I understand, if she's doing these to me because of our past. I understand if she don't want to see me again, but I have one more thing that I wanted to say to her - 'I'm sorry'. I really wanted to say these 2 words to her, even though she don't want me to appear on her life again. I want her forgiveness and I will try my best to get that.

 

When I found out that, she already have a child and a husband, I admit to myself, that it was really painful. At first, when I came back and saw her, I thought everything will get settled, because I finally found her.  I was planning to start over and have a brand new life with her, but now it all faded. I remembered, what I had said to myself - 'I will not bug her anymore if she have someone else in her life'. Yeah, I think I have to work on that now.
 

 

= KRRIINNGG! =

 

As I heard my phone, ringing on the table, I pick it up and glanced at the caller ID. Its Min, she said that she'll hang-out with me today. I wonder, where is she now?
 

 

"Yow, Min. Where are you? I've been waiting here at the coffee shop, for about half an hour. Are you getting here already?" I asked, as I took a sip on my frappe.

 

"Amber, I'm sorry. I'm still at the school, but you can come here. Its just that, I have so many things to do."

 

"If you are busy, then why do you want me to get there? I will just bother you. I will go to Danny's place and we can meet there."


 

"Oh no, Amber!" She squealed from the other line, and I have to pull away the phone from my ear. This girl is acting weird.

 

"I want to hang-out with you, before we get there. Come on, Amber! And besides, it will not take too long. I'm almost finish here. I will wait okay? ----- bye!"

 

I was about to give a respond, when she hung up. Aish! This girl! What's with her? I thought she was busy? Oh well, I think I have to go now. I stood up from my seat and left the coffee shop at once. I have to go to that elementary school, where Min is working.

 

 

 

 

<><><><><><><><>


 

 

"Where is that, girl? She didn't even tell me, if where part of school she is. Aish!"

 

Ever since, I came here, the only thing I did is to find her everywhere and I don't know, why in all places she chose to meet me here instead. I've been strolling around and my feet is already hurting. Why is that, this school is big? I mean, like literally BIG. You can compare this school to an university already.

 

I decided to take a rest for awhile, and thankfully I spotted a shade tree. I dragged myself towards the tree, and supposed to sit already when I suddenly heard some whimpering sounds. The sound is coming from the other side, so I look over and saw a little girl sitting on the ground, with her arms hugging her knees over her chest. She seems like crying - her head is hanging low.

 

I look around and notice that, there are just few people walking around the school. I guess, she's waiting for her mother, but I think she's not here, yet.

 

"Uhm. Little girl? Are you okay?" Suddenly, she lift her head up. I saw tears were pouring down through her cheeks. One thing, I noticed. This girl is familiar.
 

...
 

...
 

...
 

And it hit me ..
 

Eunjung's daughter.

 

"W-Who are you?" Her voice is shaking, and I think I scared her. Aish, stupid Amber!

 

"Uhm. I'm Amber. Don't you remember me?" I asked. With that, she scan my face for a moment, and after awhile, she widened her eyes. I think she remember me now.

 

"Oh! You're the oppa in my mom's exhibit." She exclaimed. 

 

So, she's the organizer and the owner of the paintings. But how come, I didn't know her talent? I'm such a .

 

"But ..." She trailed off, as if she was in a deep thought.

 

"Amber? That's a girl's name right? I mean .. you are an oppa and ---" She paused for a moment. I was about to correct her, when she spoke again.

 

"Oh, whatever. I have a guy friend and his name is Taylor. Too girly for a boy,right? But he's a guy." My jaw dropped of what this kid said. I didn't know, that she also has a sense of humor.

 

"Hehe. Yeah ... Right." I let out an awkward laugh. This girl is really fun to talk.

 

"Oppa, care to sit beside me?" I chuckled as she show her aegyo to me. I shook my head, before I sat beside her.

 

"So, care to tell your oppa, why are you crying earlier?" I stated. She let out a deep sigh, wiping the tears away from her cheeks.

 

"I have been waiting for umma, but she's still not here. She said, that she will pick me up by 12:30 but its already 1:00 PM."

 

"Then, how about your daddy? Why don't you call him?" She shook her head, pinching her nose.

 

"He can't. He's with his fiancee, and besides today is not his job for picking me up. Tomorrow is his schedule."

 

"Fiancee?" I questioned, quirking my head sideways as questions are starting to gather in my mind. I thought he's Eunjung's husband?

 

"Neh." She nodded."I know what's in your mind,oppa. My daddy is not a womanizer and he's my real dad. Its just that, they were not together anymore.*sigh* love hurts."

 

I squinted my eyes, staring at her for a moment. Seriously, I was like talking to a matured woman right now. I'm amused, because the way she talks, she really sounds so smart. I wonder, how did she handle it? Being a single mom? I bet, she went through hardships, taking care of this little girl alone.

 

From this moment, honestly my heart is jumping for joy. I thought, I will not have a chance anymore, when I found out that Eunjung has already a husband. And, now I just also found out that Eunjung is already single. Now, I will not let this chance to take away from my hands. This will be my last shot and this time, she will be mine, again.



 

 

 

<><><><><><><><><><>




 

"Geez, Eunjung chill. We're on our way there. Your daughter will understand."

 

"How can I make myself calm, Dani? I'm already an hour late. If I knew that the meeting is just useless and not to mention, that its also boring, I should've left earlier. I hope Seon Jung is alright." I said, wiping my palms on my lap as they were starting to get sweaty.

 

"Don't jump into conclusions, Eunjung. The guards won't let her leave in the school. Relax, sis. We're almost there."

 

A shaky breath escaped from my lips, and I can't help but to get nervous. I know, that I'm being too paranoid but she's only 4 years old, and my only daughter. Yes, I'm very protective of her and I will not forgive myself, if something bad will happen to her. I just hope that she's okay. I bet, she's crying right now. Hold on, baby, mommy is almost there.

 

"Okay, sis we're here." As she pulled out the car, I bid goodbye to her, before stepping out. I slammed the door shut, and sprinted towards the gate entrance.

 

Oh, gosh. I forgot that this school is huge. I know she's not in her class anymore, how am I supposed to find her? 

 

While scanning the area, I heard some giggles coming from my right side. I turned my head towards the source of the voice, and saw my daughter with ..... Amber.
 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

I blinked as shocked crept me. They are walking hand in hand while Seon Jung is happily lapping her chocolate ice cream. Amber was talking to her with a smile plastered on her face. They seems pretty close. But .... How? How did she knew that my daughter is studying here? What is she doing here? 

 

My heart .. Its starting to beat rapidly. Did she already knew that I'm single now? Please, I hope not. I'm still afraid - afraid to be hurt again. My memories with her are starting to rewind again, and those memories only brought me pain.

 

So many thoughts in my mind, that I didn't notice that Seon Jung is calling me."Umma! You're here!"

 

Our eyes met, but I quickly broke it off. Seon Jung was jumping up and down, while approaching me. I forced a smile, before kneeling down as I spread my arms out wide.

 

"Sorry, baby if I'm late. I was in a meeting earlier, that's why I just came. Mianhe, Seon Jung-ah ..." I said, wiping her face as we pulled away from the hug. I can feel Amber's stares at me, and I'm trying not to return it.

 

"Its okay, umma. Although, I was crying earlier but thanks to oppa. He makes my worries fled away. Hihihi. He even brought me my favorite ice flavor."

 

I slowly brought my eyes on her and she was smiling at Seon Jung, good thing that I quickly averted my gaze at my daughter when she look at me. 

 

Did she caught me staring at her? Aish, Eunjung stop it! Its all in the past now. Your feelings for her is now gone. You already forgotten your feelings for her, am I right? Right?

 

"Really? T-that's good to hear. Uhm .. Seon Jung-ah, we have to go. I know you're hungry and tired. If its okay with you, can we just take a taxi? Your auntie Dani just send me here, because my car is at the company."

 

She took a on her ice cream, before she nodded. I was about to stand up, when Seon Jung held my hand."Oppa, can you send us home? Its not that I don't want to take a cab. I just want to talk to you more, oppa. So, can you?"

 

Panick strucked me, when I heard her say that. What will I do? What will I do? Why does my brain is not working at this situation?! I have to think a reason. Yeah! A definite reason! That's it! You are a genius Eunjung!

 

"U-uhm .. Seon Jung .. We can take the cab. I bet she --- I mean, he's busy. And besides, I think he's ready to leave. So don't bother him, arachi? We can take ----"

 

"I'm not busy, and ...'I have my all my time now just for you'." I heard her speak.
 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB = 
 

I look at the ground, I gulped as I shut my eyes for a moment. No, I already shed many tears before, and this time I will not cry, and I will not be stupid anymore.

 

"Yes! You heard him, umma? Come on, let's go!" I was brought back to reality when I heard my daughter's voice. I didn't even notice that Seon Jung walked away from me, and saw her with Amber, holding her hand. I didn't look at Amber, but I can feel her gaze at me once again.

 

"Umma, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"
 

'If your feelings for her is already gone, then why are you acting like that? You were panicking, as if your house is on fire. As you said, she already don't have any effects on you, so why don't you accept her offer? Its already 4 years have past, and it came out from your lips that you were already OVER her.

 

Or ... 

 

You just can't admit to yourself that you never stopped loving her, ever since?'

 

My subconscious mind is also really not helping right now. Of course, I'm totally over her. Why is it, I have to ask myself about that, over and over again? If I knew to myself, that it is over,right? 

 

I decided to get along with it, and besides I'm only doing this just for my daughter. Nothing will happened, she will send us home. Yeah, it will not hurt, right? 

 

I finally stood up and smiled at my daughter. I'm trying to stable my breathing, but I can't, its suffocating me. I felt like, I was in a very small-sized room, that even just a single air can't enter.

 

They started walking, but I trailed behind them. I gave up, because, every time my eyes will automatically shifting on Amber's back. 

 

Looking at her physically she has changed a lot. Her body - it gotten more slightly bigger, but I can say that she didn't gain weight. Maybe it is because, she was always in the gym - it become more 'manly', for short. Her hair is now black, and it suits her. Her face is still flawless, and .... She gotten more ... Handsome. 

 

I was consumed in my own thoughts, that I didn't notice, we were already at the parking lot.

 

"Thank you, oppa." My daughter happily uttered, as Amber opened the car door at the backseat for her.

 

"Your welcome little girl." She responds back. My eyes were glued on the ground, when I stepped into the car. I can feel her eyes on me again, for the umpteenth time.

 

Once we were comfortable with our positions, she slam the door shut, before running over to the driver seat. I notice that Seon Jung, can't rid her smile on her face. After everything is settled, she turned the engine and drove away, at once.





 

 

 

On our way to our house, - uhm. How can I say this? Well,my mouth was just shut all the time, ever since we left at the school up until now. I was like a lost kid, sitting beside the car window, while watching my daughter talking to Amber. 

 

She seems enjoying, talking some random stuff with her, same like Amber also. I was just wondering because she really doesn't talk to strangers, that's why I was surprised to see such an immediate bonding with her.

 

Maybe because, my daughter is hyper, even if she's talking to her, that's why she ended up sleeping on my lap. Well,it gotten more worse because it is so dead silent in here. Neither of us are talking. I let out a sigh, as I brought my eyes at the rear view mirror. Fortunately, she was focused on driving, that she didn't notice that I'm staring at her.

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

Oh, gosh. Why are you beating like that? Are you trying to say something? Oh, please don' tell me ....- No. I can't. She already stabbed my heart and I will not let her do it again. Once is enough; twice is too much. I already felt too much pain and that is enough.

 

"Uhm. Eunjung? I think we are here. The GPS said so." I fell out of trance, and I shifted my gaze, so that I'm not looking at the rear view mirror.

"A-ahh. Okay. Uhm, you can stop here. T-thank you by the way." I said, still not looking at her.

 

"You're welcome.'I will just here for you, always'." I stopped moving, when she said that. 

 

No, I can't be fooled. She already hurt me. I bit my lower lip as I tried waking Seon Jung gently.

 

"Eunjung, let me carry her." She suddenly held my hand, that sends electricity all over my body. I immediately pulled my hand off from hers, as I let out a heavy breath.

 

"Uhm, sorry. I didn't mean to--- just let me carry her, okay?" I didn't have a chance to answer back, because she already stepped out from the car. Opening the car door at the backseat, I watched her carrying Seon Jung gently, trying not to wake her up.

 

Once she's in Amber's arms, I immediately hopped off from the car, before shutting the door close. This time, I was walking beside her just to let her know the direction that will lead us to our condo.

 

After we got ourselves inside the elevator, I punched the '3rd'. Staring at her for a moment, Seon Jung was hugging her by neck tightly, as if she is her own father.

 

= DING ! =

 

I walked out first and she was following me behind. And for the nth time, I can feel her steady gaze on me. Gosh, what is happening to me? Amber, why are you doing this? I gulp as I felt my knees were trembling, and I can't even walk straight. Good thing, we already reached the front door of our condo. I immediately fished out the keys inside my bag, and once the door is unlocked, I motioned her to enter. I got inside and closed the door behind.

 

"Eunjung, where is her room? So that, she can sleep comfortably." She asked.

 

"U-uhm, this way .." We walked towards Seon Jung's room and I opened the door for her. When she's inside, she laid Seon Jung carefully on the bed, and she lift the blanket up to Seon Jung's chest. She turned her head at me and for the first time our eyes met.

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB = 

 

How many times do I have to feel like this? I immediately look on the ground, and the next thing I knew, I can hear her footsteps coming towards my direction.

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

= LUB DUB =

 

Oh my god, I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

 

"Uhm, Eunjung?" 

 

"Yes?" My eyes are still fixed on the ground, and I'm not planning to have a staring contest with her.

 

"Uuhhh ... Uhhmm ..." I think she wanted to say something, but she can't tell it. Only the soft snoring sounds that is coming from Seon Jung can be heard in the room. It took her time, to spoke again.

 

"Uhmm ... Eunjung ... I- uhhmmm .. I ---"

 

"If you wanted to say something, just say it now. I'm tired." I'm not used to be cold, and I bet she was surprised about it. I just want her to leave. I wanted to breathe normally again. There was a bit silence, before she broke it off.

 

"Uhm, nothing. Uhm, I think I have to leave. Uhm, see you again next time." I thought she wanted to say something else to me, but I was wrong when she walked out from the room, and left the condo. Why am I even expecting her to say something?

 

'See you again, next time.'

 

Next time? Is there even have a next time for us? Does she expecting, that we will meet again in the future? What will she do this time? Why does she have to appear in my life again? Because of my daughter, I almost forgot what she did to me, but now ... I don't know her plans. Why does she have to go back here in Korea? Why do you have to break my heart again, now that its almost fixed?





 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>


 

Eunjung? What can I do for you to forgive me? If you will just listen to me, I will explain everything that what you saw 4 years ago is only a misunderstanding, but I think she's not ready to talk to me. She's still hurt - I can see it in her eyes. Is she thinking that I will hurt her again? Gosh, what did I do to myself, that I hurt her so painfully? Earlier, on our way here, I can feel it. She's not comfortable being with me, because the whole time she was fidgeting.

 

Sometimes, I was wondering if I made the right decision for getting back here. Is it the right decision that I'll pursue her again, even if the chances are slim? Even if she don't want to see me anymore?
 

 

As I heard the soft ding, I stepped out at the elevator at once. I heaved out a deep sigh, before heading towards the exit. 

 

I didn't know that I'm such a jerk.


 

<><><><><><><><><><><><>




 

"What?" My eyebrows creased, listening to my secretary about this 'visitor'.

 

Who could it be?

 

"He said, he don't want to give his name because you will might not want to see him. He just wanted to talk to you, he said. But his attire ... I can  tell that he's not a giggolo, because he looks rich and also familiar."

 

I squinted my eyes.'Familiar'? Who is he? What does he want? As long as I remembered, I didn't owe anybody. But how will I know, if I won't see his face, right?

 

"Uhm, okay. Let him in." I ordered. She bowed, and immediately walked out from the office.

 

As I was busy scanning the papers, I heard a knock."Come in!" I nearly shouted, not even looking at the door. I heard the door open, and I'm guessing that she's with him.

 

"Ma'am, I will leave now." I heard my secretary said. I just nod, still not leaving my attention at the papers I'm holding, then, I heard the door closed.

 

"So ... Can I help you, Mr .....?" I looked up, meeting my eyes with his.

 

"A-Amber?" I mumbled. My throat is somewhat like stuck, as I saw her slowly approaching towards my direction.

 

"Eunjung ... Can we talk?" I can see desperation in her eyes and, also .... Sadness.

 

"W-What are you doing here? I'm sorry, I'm busy." I stood up from my chair, and quickly left my desk. I was about to pass by her when, suddenly she held my wrist.

 

"P-please ... Eunjung ... I-I promise .. I will disappear in your your life after this. I promise that." I felt my heart sunk when I heard her say that. Who am I fooling to? I'm the one who keeps pushing her away. 

 

"Eunjung ... I understand, why are you doing this to me, but ... Can you listen first?" I held my breath, as she started squeezing my hand gently. The feeling of her touch on me is ... Electrifying. 

 

But, what am I saying? I should be mad at her - hate her, for what she did to me, but still .. Here I am, ready to listen to her explanation.

 

"I know, what I did. I hurt you, I wounded your heart. For you, you felt that, I didn't appreciate the good things you did to me, before.4 years ago we were forced to be married. I admit, I didn't like the idea, but as time passes it changed."

 

I blinked my eyes a few times, I was a bit surprised of what she said. My mind is almost blank, when she said the last part. Does she mean that, our marriage has something to her?

 

"I will take this oppurtunity to say this to you. The intimate moment that we had shared together - I didn't regret it. I know, you won't believe me if I will say this to you. What you saw 4 years ago is just a misunderstanding. It was my ex, and she barged into my office. The moment you came, that was when she forced to kiss me. I didn't even feel anything."

 

Is this the truth? Is it really a misunderstanding? Should I believe her? I don't know, what to do anymore. She hurt me and I'm afraid to feel it again - I'm scared to happen it again.

 

"I wish ... I could turn back time, so that I can tell you, I appreciate all the things you did to me; so that, I can treat you right, like what you did to me; so that, you don't have to sleep on the couch always, because I will come home early just for you, and have dinner together with you."

 

"The day when you asked me if I feel anything for you - I didn't have a chance to give you an answer. But ... If you will ... If you will ask me again right now ... I will say ... Yes. Eunjung ... I love you, so much."

 

I can't control it anymore; I can't control my tears any longer. Tears are starting to stream down through my cheeks as I squeezed my eyes shut; My knees are getting weak. I bit my lower lip, so that she can't notice, that I was crying, but failed as whimpers were escaping through my lips.

 

"You heal my heart Eunjung. You are the reason, why am I feeling this again. I was broken before, and you are the one who fixed the shattered pieces of my heart. I'm sorry, if I hurt you. I'm sorry for all the things I did to you before. I deserve this. I deserve to be treated like this, by you. I can understand if you still can't forgive me. Its still your choice."

 

"Now that, I told you what I want to say ... I ... I will not ... I will not bother you anymore. I just wished you a happy life with your daughter. And I hope you can find a better man who will treat you right."

 

She slowly released her grip onto my wrist, and I felt so lonely without her touch. When, she was about to pass by me, I collect my courage to call her name.

 

"Amber .." I mumbled. She quickly turned her body to me and I slowly looked up at her. Her eyes were red, as tears are still rolling down through her cheeks. There's full of hope in her eyes and without hesitations, I immediately sealed my lips on hers. She was surprised, because her body is a bit tensed but soon she gave in, wrapping her arms around my waist and mine around her neck.

 

Yes, I admit. I didn't stop loving her and the kiss tells it all.

 

Sloppy kisses can be heard throughout the office room, and once oxygen is necessary, we pulled away with our foreheads attached. We were both panting from the intimate kiss.  I slowly open my eyes, locking my gaze on hers.

 

"How ... How did you know that I'm single?"  I asked. I was curiosed when she told me to find a right man for me.

 

"Uhm, from Seon Jung." I let out a soft laugh, thinking that my daughter is a bit talkative sometimes.

 

"Eunjung ... Let me take care of you and your daughter. I promise, that I will not hurt you, again. I love you Eunjung." Staring at her lovingly, my lips curved upward.

 

"Do you want to know, why Taecyeon and I divorced?" I questioned. She pulled her face slightly away from me, lifting up her eyebrows.

"Why?"
 

"Because of you." I said, as I pulled her into a hot kiss again. I can say that I'm happy. I'm happy that the Arranged Marriage happened.

 

End of Story


 

-----------------------


 

A/N: Wew! Am I making any sense? My head is slightly spinning while writing this. Thankfully, this is already finished! Hehe! I thought, I'm not gonna be able to finish this story, hehe! But, thanks to my lovely readers! Its all because of you guys!!  ;)

So, EunBer is done .. Next is ... JessBer ... Hmmm ... I think, I will give you a sneek peek.

























 

Nah ... Just wait for the next update! Hahaha! See you on the next story! Bye for now!