Wonder - IV

A Part of Me (Amber Liu's Multi-shots)

You never know, that its been 1 and a half months already since the last time Amber saw Jessica, and it seems the older girl didn't fail her last words to Amber this time. After the day, Amber received the packed lunch from the latter, she never saw her ever again. Her whole presence is now gone at Amber's office.

 

Amber, who is currently sitting on her leather chair; has her head tilted upwards staring blankly at the ceiling, while her index finger is tapping on the desk. Blinking her eyes twice, she was thinking of someone; even herself can't believe that she have guts to think of that person.

 

Well, that person is none other than - Jessica Jung. You will definitely not believe it, but yes! Amber Liu is thinking of Jessica Jung, who was been pestering her for 7 months. She actually don't know how did it happen, or when did it happen, but one day - BAM! It just happen.

 

She really doesn't want to, but Amber was thinking of her a lot, lately. Well it really didn't help her, because she was so frustrated about it.

 

For Amber, she felt like she wants to see the older girl, but yet; she even can't admit to herself that she missed her already. She still thinks, that she feel guilty of what she did to her, that's why she wanted to see Jessica.

 

"*sigh* I can't do this. You have to get out of my mind, lady. Why is it, that I can't stop thinking of her? Why??" Amber asked herself, more like she was asking the ceiling, as if it will give her some answers.
 

= KNOCK! = = KNOCK! =
 

 

The sudden knock, made her to snap back to reality. She look towards the door, before straightening her back. Fixing her blazer, it seems like the 'visitor' doesn't need Amber's permission, as the door flew open immediately.

 

"Key, what's up? Is there something wrong?" Amber asked, as she watched Key approaching her, and sitting on the chair by her desk.

 

"Yah! You are always thinking of work! I came here as your friend, not as a co-worker." Key, voiced out, shaking his head left and right.

 

'If you only knew, dude.', Amber thought.
 

"Okay .. So, what' up?" She asked again, leaning back on her chair.

 

"Me? What's up? You, what's up? You've been acting pretty strange lately, dude. Why? Is there something wrong with one of your girls?"   He questioned back, showing off his sly grin.

 

She scoffed."One of my girls? What are you talking about? And since, when I've been acting strange? You must be hallucinating, Key." Amber calmly stated, though inside, there is something else.

 

"Well, I notice when, Jessica decided to stop coming here."

 

Amber's eyes twitched at Key's statement; she really, don't know what to think now. She blew out a sigh, hanging her head low.

 

"I didn't know what happened Amber, but whatever it is ... I think you did a bad move." She heard him say.

 

Amber was silent, she didn't know what will be her response to him. Yes, she feel guilty of what she did, that's why she kept on thinking of her, but she still didn't realize, that she missed the girl already.

 

"*sigh* Amber, I can see that she really loves you." He trailed."I know, you are not that  kind of person, because I known you for years and you are my best friend - hey, do you remember the day, when you had a high fever, then you woke up the next day, and you saw me in your condo?" She looked up, nodding at his question.

 

"Well you thought, I was the one who took care of you, right? Well, I think this is the time to tell you - you are wrong, Amber. I'm not the one, but Jessica .."

 

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion."H- how did it happen?"

 

"That day, when she was still coming here, I was walking towards your office, when I saw her outside holding ... You know - packed lunch. Maybe, she didn't know that you were absent, because she was still holding it. Then I told her, that you were absent, and she was kind of disappointed that time." 

 

She was shaking her head up and down, while her ears were still on Key's, still listening to his story.

 

"That time, I was kind of felt sorry about her because she waited for hours. Of course, as a good fairy god mother, I decided to come to your place with Jessica. At first, she was hesitating - you know, that you will might get mad at her, if you knew that she went to your place. But after a lot of convincing, she gave-in at the end."

 

Amber breathed out, slowly shifting her gaze on the desk."Then?"

 

"Then we enter your place, since you gave me your password before. To cut it short, she stayed at your place for the whole night. She took care of you. She just beg me to cover her up, so that you will not get mad at her."

 

Swallowing the dry lump in , she lift her hand, burying her face on it.

 

'How can I be so cruel to her, yet she's still there to take care of me.'

 

After what she heard from Key, she felt even more guilty than before.

 

"*sigh* Amber, why don't you give it a try? It won't hurt, right? I mean, Jessica is gorgeous, nice, humble, and a sweet girl." 

 

Because of what he said, Amber is now in a deep thought. Questions are starting to cloud in her mind, and she doesn't know how to answer, or what will be her answers.

 

'What do I really feel right now? What did I feel when, she decided not to come here? I .. I don't know. I don't know, what is the real answer in these questions. But, I just know one thing - I want to see her so badly; I just wanted to see her face again. Its like, when I see her again .. I will be happy; satisfied.'

 

"I have an idea, Amber .." She fell out of her trance, of what she heard from her best friend. She looked up, meeting Key's playful smirk. She rolled her eyes on that.

 

"Why don't you just visit her at her workplace later?" Amber lift her eyebrows."If I'm not mistaken .. She's working in a 24 hour diner .. What is that name again? Jjang ... Jjeng .. Jjing ..? - AH!" Key exclaimed; like a light bulb just popped out on the top of his head. Amber chuckled at his playful acts.

 

"Joong's breads n' dishes at Apgujeong. She told me before, that her shift starts at 8:30 PM until ..  6:30 AM? Yeah, right."

 

Amber frowned. A deep realization hit her on that information from Key.

 

'How is she doing that before? How did she able to manage her time? My work starts at 8:00 in the morning, and expectedly I will just see her outside my office. Does it mean that, the 1 and a half hour of remaining time she have, before she'll come to my office - she will just spend it for preparing the packed lunch, instead of resting?'

 

"Hey, Amber .." Key called. She saw him looking at his wristwatch.

 

"I think, I have to go. I have an upcoming meeting. So ..." Key trailed, as he stood up from the chair."You better go, and say your sorry to her, okay? See you later dude - bye!" 

 

And with that, he started to walk towards the door. Once he left, she took a deep breath, shutting her eyes closed. As of now, she don't know what to decide, whether she'll go there or not.
 

             

                  

 

 

 

<\><\><\><\><\><\>





 

"Sooyeon-ah, what are you doing?" I stopped, and turned my head at the person - Sunny, she was walking towards my direction.

 

"Uhm, moping the floor?" I said, raising my eyebrows as I resumed moping the floor.

 

"Pabo, I know what you are doing. What I mean is, why are you doing that? You were just wiping the tables earlier,and cleaning the storage room awhile ago, and right now you are moping the floor? Why don't you just give it to others, and rest for awhile?"

 

I didn't face her, as I was busy moping the floor."Its okay, Sunny. Eun-gi said that she's busy serving the customers, and I just volunteer to overtake the job."

 

"You volunteered or she asked you to do it?" I took a quick glance at her, and I smiled when she showed me this 'i-do-not-believe-you' look.

 

"Silly, just go. I will be just fine here, and besides the customers are kept on coming. Just help the others. I'll be okay here." I wink, showing her my reassuring smile. She just shook her head in response.

 

"Aigoo .. When will you ever learn?" She made a 'tsk'-ing sound repeatedly, as she shook her head. I just chuckled on that.

 

"*sigh* okay then." And with that, she walks away.

 

9:30 PM, and the customers are kept on coming; the whole crew are busy serving them. Even if its already late, people are coming here in our diner, just to eat.

 

While I was busy moping, I heard the bell 'bling, notifying that another customer just came.

 

"Good evening! Welcome to Joong's ---" I froze and lost my grip on the mop I was holding, and it fell on the ground.

 

= CLANK! =
 

 

Its .. Her. After 1 month ... She's here, standing 5 steps away from me. 
 

= LUB DUB! =

= LUB DUB! =

= LUB DUB! =

= LUB DUB! =

 

Eyes were wide open, my vision is starting to get blurry as tears were formed. Our gaze met for a few seconds, and I immediately broke it when I remembered something. My knees; hands, my whole body is trembling. My feet is stuck on the floor, while looking at the ground.

 

"Sooyeon-ah, wae?" I heard Sunny's footsteps approaching towards our direction. I just shed a tear.

 

"I-I ... I .. Excuse me .." And I literally ran away and ended up inside the storage room.
 

 

I can't. I can't cry. I promise to myself that I will not cry anymore. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to suppress my tears.

 

Why? Why does she have to appear in my life again? I'm ready to let go of these feelings, and then she will show up like like this? Why?

 

This past month for me is like hell; I was living like a lifeless body. The day, when I decided to move on, and forget her - its just .. Hard. While writing the letter for her, my tears were kept on falling down, and some fell on the sheet. Its really hard that time, but I have to do it no matter what.

 

Slowly opening my eyes, I decided to take a peek outside if ever, she already left. Turning the knob, I open the door slightly, just for me to take a good look. I popped out my head a little, and I frowned when I saw her sitting on one of the tables. Sunny is talking to her, she is somewhat like taking orders from Amber, but it seems that she's not on her attention, because  her eyes is busy scanning the area. Remaining on the same position, I notice that I am staring at her for a long time. Its like my eyes were settled on her figure.

 

I didn't even notice, that she glanced at my direction and our eyes met. From that moment, i gasped and pull back my head, slamming the door shut. 

 

My heart is racing so fast. I heaved out a deep sigh, as I held onto my chest, feeling my heartbeat. As I blink my eyes, a tear just run down through my cheek. I'm lost; I just cried. I broke my promise. I think, I still love her.


 

 

 

 

----------------------