Wonder - V

A Part of Me (Amber Liu's Multi-shots)

The moment I stepped inside the restaurant and our eyes met, I just felt ..

 

Satisfied. Happy.

 

This incredible emotion, that I'm feeling when I saw her again is just - overwhelming. I don't know, why am I acting like this, but it feels great. But, I can't deny, what I had notice when she saw me.

 

My heart dropped, when I saw her tears were forming .. Sadness? Hurt? Yeah, I can see it through her eyes, and the way she whispered my name, "Amber." Its just so painful.

 

Maybe because, she was not expecting to see me right now, that is why the mop she was holding just fell onto the ground - her stunned face, said so. i felt my chest clenched, when I heard her excuse herself and ran away from me. My eyes were following her figure, until she entered in a certain room.

 

'You deserve that, Amber Josephine Liu.'

 

I was distracted in my own thoughts, that I didn't notice, that someone is calling my attention."Excuse me?" I looked up to meet the eyes, of the person. It was one of the employees here, since she's wearing the same uniform as Jessica's. Sunny - I read her name on the name tag, that was pinned onto her left chest. She was cute, but I don't like the way she's looking at me. Like sort of .. Judging me.

 

"Do you want to take your order, or you just wanted to sit there? This establishment is not a park or a library, so we don't need by-standers." My eyes twitched of what she said. Its true that, I didn't came here to eat, but is this the right manner to treat a customer? I wanted to say this to her, but I kept my mouth shut.

 

"Uhm, I'm sorry but I came here to talk to one of your employees? Her name is Jessica." I said, sounding to be polite.

 

"Sorry, but we can't do that during working hours. Strictly prohibited." I stared at her, crossing her arms, while giving glares to me. I just avoided her gaze, because it was kind of intimidating. I, then glanced towards the door, where Jessica entered earlier. My eyes blink, when I saw her looking at me, and was supposed to lift my off from this chair, when she suddenly closed the door. I looked down, heaving a deep sigh.

 

"Excuse me, customer. Sorry to say this, but you are wasting my time." I didn't even bother to look up. I just nod, without uttering a word. I don't know, I feel... Devastated?

 

With one last sigh, I stood up, and headed towards the exit. I don't care if that girl is giving me some weird looks, I just don't feel well today.
 

                    


 

                    

<\><\><\><\><\><\>


 

 

I reached out my arm, turning the knob; I slowly swung the door open to see if she's still there. I sighed in relief, when I scan the surroundings, and saw no sign of her. 

 

But .. I felt heavy, when I realized, that she has left...

 

'What am I saying? I'm avoiding her, so I should be happy right?' 

 

I pressed my lips together, as I stepped out of the room, and closed the door gently.

"Jessica!" I whipped my head towards the source of the voice, and saw Kyuhyun approaching me.

 

"Jessica, sorry to disturb you, but could you throw the garbage bag outside? Its in the kitchen. I should be doing that, but our manager just told me to clean the storage room. So, is it okay with you?" He asked.

 

I smiled, and nodded."Its okay, Kyuhyun." 

 

"Really? Thank you, Jessica." I smiled again, and with that, I dragged my feet towards the kitchen.




 

This bag is kind of heavy, but fortunately, I managed to carry it until here. I opened the lid of the dumpster, and lift the bag to put it in, but failed, when I felt it became heavier.  'How come?' I sighed, as I readied myself to give it another shot, but once again - failed. I bit my lower lip, and sighed. As I was about to do a third attempt, suddenly there is someone who just grab the bag from my grasp. I was totally startled, because I never thought, that it will come.

 

"Amber.." I whispered - wide eyed.  'I thought she left?'

 

Panting, I just felt my heart is starting to race; I didn't even notice, that my breathing is already heavy. I stared at her face, as she effortlessly throw the bag inside the dumpster. I don't know what to react, because its just so fast, that all of a sudden she's in front of me, and I was literally trembling - my whole body is trembling.

 

Once done, she closed the lid of the dumpster, and shifted her gaze at me. When our eyes met, I broke it off, because I remember 'something', and I don't want to happen it again. I want to run away, but it seems my feet were glued onto the ground. All of a sudden, my eyes landed on her luscious lips.

 

"Jess-"

 

"Jessica!" I turned my head, to see the person who called me, and that's when I realize that, she was about to say my name.

 

 

'Did I hear it right? Is she really, going to say my name?'




 

No... Its impossible. I don't want to expect too much.

 

"Hey!" I answered back, while approaching him."Um, should we head back?" Good thing he came, because I really don't want to stuck up with her for a long time; it'll be awkward for us, especially now.

 

"Who is that, Jessica?" He uttered softly. He is eyeing her, and I can feel her stares at us - at me.

 

I just smiled at him, and held his arm, pushing him, as I motioned us to just leave.

 

"Um, hey come on .. We have work to do, right? So, let's go." Finally, he let go of it, and just smile warmly at me, which I did back. I let go of his arm, as we started walking away, where I can still feel her stares at me.

 

My heart is telling me, to turned my head to meet her beautiful eyes, but the thing inside my head convinced me not to give away so easily.

 

It is just so hard ...






 

"So, Sooyeon-ah .. What will you do now?" I know what Sunny is talking about. I sighed, closing my eyes for a second. I thought, leaving early from work can make my mind to relax for awhile, but even just sitting here at the bus stop, while waiting for the bus to arrive is also not helping to ease my mind.

 

"You know what? I'm wondering why did she show up all of a sudden. I mean, what's wrong with her? You are not bothering her, ever since the day, you decided to let it go. Is she nuts?" I can't blame her, if she hate Amber. Maybe, I would be like that, if somebody hurt my best friend.

 

Hurt.

 

This word, is itching through my ears, again. I want to let it go. Why does she have to show up? Did I do something to her?

 

"I don't know, Sunny. What do you think, that made her show up, all of a sudden?" I asked, staring at my feet on the ground.

 

"Hmm .." She trailed."Maybe, she feel guilty." 

 

She got me alarmed on that; slowly lifting up my head, and turning to look at her."Guilty?"

 

"Yeah, she might feel guilty, because she was not treating you good, and she keeps on shoving you away before. Well, whatever - she deserve that .. But .." She paused - inhaling."If she feel guilty? Why does she need to show up? At the restaurant? Asking for you? And, it seems that she really knows that you are working there. I mean, if she really feel guilty, she doesn't need to go to our restaurant. She could've just call you or send you a gift, or whatever, just to show her sincerity, that she really regret what she did."

 

Sunny has actually a point ..

 

But, something is bugging me. How did she know, that I'm working there? 

 

Maybe, Key-ssi told her, because he's the only person, that I informed about my job. But the main thing is, why did she even have to come to my workplace? If ever, Key-ssi told her - why?

 

"Oh, well .. Whatever. But, Sooyeon-ah .." I raised my eyebrows, signaling her to continue."Don't tell me, you still have feelings for her?" 

 

She caught me off guard on that question. I gulped, as I cleared my throat, avoiding her questioning gaze at me.  'Do I still love her?'

 

"Aigoo .. Jung Sooyeon .." She paused, patting my back."I know, its wrong to say this but, I think you don't deserve her. I mean, you are better of with 'him'." I scrunched up my eyebrows, glancing up at her.

 

"Him? Who's him?"

 

"Ayiee! You know what, I'm talking about, gurl!" She teased, as she glanced behind me.

 

"Sooyeon-ah, the bus is already here .." She said, as she stood up. I look behind as well, and saw an almost empty bus is coming."You sure that you're going to be okay here?" She asked, turning her head at me.

 

I nodded, showing my warm smile at her."Its okay, Sunny. I think, another bus will come soon. I will be okay." 

 

She sighed."Okay, then. Goodbye Sooyeon-ah!" She waved gleefully, before hopping inside the bus.

 

I watched her, until the bus started to run off and nowhere out of my sight. A heavy breath escaped from my lips, while digging my phone inside my pocket. Unlocking it, I went to the phone's gallery and tap the only picture inside the folder.

 

"Amber .." I whispered, caressing the picture with my fingers. Her bright smile on this picture, makes me also to crack a smile - it is just relaxing. I still remember the day, when Key send me this picture.

 

"Amber .." I whispered once again.  'Do I still love her?'

 

 

 

"Yes, Amber .. I think I still love you."
 

 

                     

 

--------------------------

 

 

A/N: Hmm .. This story will be on hiatus for awhile, because I'm starting a new fic .. I hope you can support it guys!! Thanks!!