Wonder - VII

A Part of Me (Amber Liu's Multi-shots)

                                                                                              Amber     

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is this? What am I doing here, Anyways? "Hey, Amber? How 'bout we escape this place, huh?" Key whispered, making sure that no one could hear him.

 
 

I glanced at him, briefly. His idea was good, actually. "I mean, the longer I stay here the more it makes me uncomfortable. Geez. I don't know why that old man, chose this place to celebrate his birthday."

 
 

I agree with him, though. Actually, this was the first time in my life, that I went to  a place like this - a nightclub.

 
 

Our boss - it was his birthday yesterday, actually and he chose to celebrate it with us -- his 'subordinates', he said. Well, that was touching at first, but when he brought us here - well, you could say that most of my male co-members were jumping in happiness while me and Key? -- no. Absolutely not. In addition to that -- I was just the only girl here! Well, maybe he thought, that I would be happy, because I am into girls.

 
 

"What'd you think?, dude?" Key said, nudging me with his elbow. I scan the surroundings first, and notice that they were all drown into some alcohol and karaoke. If ever, Key and I would escape this room stealthily, they wouldn't notice us.. I think.

 
 

I took a glance at our boss and he was busy singing the song Open Arms by Journey with his words slurred. I guess he was already drunk. A bit. "Okay, Key. I don't want to stay in this place, either. Come on, before they'd noticed us."

 
 

He nodded and we both stood from the seat and made our way to the door, naturally. But, before I even place my hand on the door knob, "Hey! You two! Where're ya goin'?" We heard him saying through the mic. I widened my eyes, giving a side glance to Key.

 
 

"Yah!" I startled. I think he was already mad.  "I said, where're ya goin'?"

 
 

I felt a nudge on my elbow again, and I knew what Key meant. I took a deep breath, whirling around, before stuffing my hands into my pockets, innocently. I saw from the corner of my eye, that Key finally turned around but slowly. I could say that he was already nervous, and I rolled my eyes for that. "Sir. We are just going outside." As long as it slipped through my lips, I regretted it. Opps. Wrong move. 

 
 

"What'd ya mean? You're going outside? No. Stay. I already called the babes and they're coming. Sit."

 
 

I restrain myself from rolling my eyes because of annoyance. Babes -- he meant es. I smiled, more like a forced one "But you see, sir. Key need to have his cigarette, while me, I need to pee. We wont take long, sir. We promise."

 
 

I could feel Key's weird look at me, because truthfully he really doesn't smoke. I just made that, but I didn't care. I need to get outta here.

 
 

"Well.. okay then! Just don't take too long, okay?" Okay. That was pretty easy.  "We still have to girls! Bwahaha!"

 
 

I didn't say anything and we just left the room, before I even punch his annoying face "Wooh! That was easy!" Key said, sighing with relief.

 
 

"Key go ahead."

 
 

"Oh, I thought you wanted to leave? You're staying?" He asked.

 
 

"No, pabo. I really need to pee so wait for me outside."

 
 

"Ooh. Okay then. I'll wait for you at the parking lot, okay?" I nodded, then he immediately left.

 
 

After I peed, as I was about to turn to the corner, a gasped was escaped through my lips when I saw a man kicking someone hardly. "You ! You are just wasting my money, you er!"

 
 

I was too stunned that I couldn't move my feet on the ground. I didn't have a chance to look at his face because he was facing me with his back, and especially the victim, who was now lying on the floor, because the man was blocking it with his legs.

 
 

"Yah! Don't waste my money, arraseo?!"I grimaced as he kicked again his victim. Somehow, part of me wanted to but-in and save the poor victim.

 
 

"Do you hear me you, motherer?!" He shouted. A hard slap was sent across the person's face.

 
 

"You are not answering, eh?!" And again.

 
 

"Huh! You er!" And another hard slap again. Somehow, I felt so ashamed of myself. Here was I, witnessing an abuse and yet, I couldn't do anything to stop the jerk.

 
 

"P-please.. I-I am sorry.." What the. A girl? "I-I am sorry.. I am s-sorry.." For goodness sake -- it was a girl!

 
 

"Yah, ! I don't need your sorry! Ya hear me?! Huh?! You ing !" And before that man could touch her again, I sprinted towards them, spinning him around as I gave him a hard blow on the face, causing the jerk to fell down on the floor.

 
 

"You deserve that you jerk!" I shouted. He was now lying on the floor, groaning in pain. Blood was already trickling through his broken nose. "You don't have the right to treat her like that!"

 
 

I looked at the girl who was now struggling to get up on her feet. I froze. My heart fell. The one that I've been hoping to see for the last two months, was just in front of me. It was Jessica.

 
 

God. She was the girl who got beaten up by this jerk and somehow it broke me when I see her like this. Her lower lip was cut. Her left cheek was swollen. There was a blood on the corner of and her left arm -- oh god.. it was full of bruises. A tear was threatening to fall, but I held it in. "Jessica?"

 
 

Once she was already on her feet, she looked up and when our eyes met, there was something in her eyes that I couldn't read, but one thing I was assure of.. she was shocked to see me here. "A-Amber.." She whispered. I couldn't deny that there was pain when she said my name and somehow, I felt sad about it.

 
 

"Nngghh.. y-you .." Suddenly we just heard the man murmuring on something as he tried to stand on his feet also, but from his situation, I guess, it'd be harder for him to do it.

 
 

I look at Jessica and she was looking at the guy with panic and fear. I frowned. I took a deep breath, removing my blazer and putting it over Jessica's shoulder. She looked at me confusedly and I smiled. "We have to go, Jessica, before he gets up." I said.

 
 

She didn't say anything and weakly nodded. I unconsciously wrapped my arm around her shoulders, pressing her body closer to mine, as we made our way out towards the parking lot.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                                                                   Jessica.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It was almost two months, I think since the last time I saw her and that last time was when I went to her office where I found her sleeping in Key's office.

 
 

Maybe, she still doesn't have any idea what's her effect on me. I wonder if she could feel my heart that was pounding so hard when she pulled me closer to her body? She doesn't know that her touch was making my stomach flutter. I couldn't breath properly --  oh, Amber, you were making this harder for me.

 
 

I was so wrapped up with my emotions, that I didn't realize that I was already inside Key's car. "Key, let's go to my apartment. Don't ask me anything right now, okay?" She said.

 
 

Amber and I were in the backseat and knowing that she hasn't let go of me, just made my face flushed. I glanced at Key and he was looking at us in confusion. I wanted to give him a wide smile, but couldn't because my mouth was somewhat hurt, so I just managed to gave him a weaker one instead, which he returned. It was a good thing that he didn't ask some questions, and drove away quietly.

 
 

The drive towards Amber's place was quiet and I'd always took secret glances at her, every minute but I knew that she wouldn't notice because she was always looking at the front.

 
 

I never felt this warm and secure, before. The moment she held me in her arms, I suddenly wished I could make the time stop, so that the moment with her would never end..

 
 

But then, I didn't expect the next thing happened when she pulled my body closer to hers, all of a sudden, causing my face to fell in the crook of her neck and my right palm on her chest. "A-Amber.." I gasped softly. Then I just felt her arm around me tighten, but gently and pressed my body harder to hers, that my lips was almost touching her neck as she did it.

 
 

I was aware that my breathing wasn't normal already, and I was afraid because she might feel my heart was beating like a roaring drum because of her.

 
 

I didn't know what has gotten into her, but the action she just made -- as if she didn't want to lose me..

 
 

The thought made me blush.

 
 

But -- no. I think, she just did it, because.. she wanted to? But whatever the reason was, all I knew that I never felt so happy like this before. And I only wish, that this would never end..

 
 

"Um, guys.. we're here." I heard Key said.

 
 

I didn't want to let go away from her arms, but I guess it was time, but then I was just surprised when she tightened her gripped around my shoulders, pressing my body again closer to hers, as if she didn't want to let go of me. "Thank you, Key for giving us a ride. I will just call you later, okay? Thank you again."

 
 

"That's okay, dude! Goodnight -- you too, Jessica ssi, goodnight." He smiled which I did in return. After that, Amber and I stepped out from the car and once outside, she quickly put her arm again around my shoulders like the last time, but closer and I couldn't help myself but to feel giddy and flushed at the same time.

 
 

I felt so contented and happy, because she didn't let go of me until we entered her apartment. "Um, you can sit on the sofa, while I am getting something in my room."

 
 

The moment she removed her arms around me, I couldn't help but to feel so lonely and cold. But what am I saying? I am just getting my hopes up again.

 
 

I stared at the sofa she was saying and I was hesitating, because I was afraid if I would stain it, so I just stood in the living room, waiting for Amber to come back again.

 
 

Scanning the surroundings, I remember the day when I went here with Key when Amber got sick. A small smile was playing on my lips as I thought of that moment. "Oh, Jessica." I shot my head up and saw her holding a first aid kit. "Why are you standing? You didn't want to sit on the sofa? Is it uncomfortable?"

 
 

I shook my head vigorously, as if I did something wrong. "N-no! I-I was just afraid that I'll stain your sofa if I sit on it." I said quietly, avoiding her eyes by looking at the ground.

 
 

"Oh.." I heard her say. Somehow, I was wondering what she was thinking right now. "It's okay. Please sit on the couch, so that I could treat your bruises."

 
 

"Uh.." I trailed, fidgeting with my fingers. Hearing that from her, my heart was now racing so fast. I mean, could I handle myself if ever, she would sit so close to me? "U-um.. A-Amber.. I--"

 
 

But she cut me off, walking towards me as she spoke, "Come on, Jessica. Its okay. I won't eat you, I promise that." And sparks run through my nerves when she held my hand, and dragged me to the sofa.

 
 

She just held my hand. Amber just held my hand and I wanted to squeal in joy. Her hand in mine felt so amazing that I wish, I could hold it longer, but when we both sat on the sofa -- facing each other, she immediately let go of it..

 
 

I stared at my hand that was on my lap, and thinking that Amber held my hand even just a few seconds, suddenly I felt my face was burning, and I couldn't help myself but to smile. I closed my hand, and somehow I could still feel her touch..

 
 

"Jessica." I didn't have a chance to respond, because she suddenly lift my chin with her index finger, and I gasped inaudibly, realizing how close our faces at each other.

 
 

"A-Amber.." I whispered.

 
 

My heart was beating erratically and I really hope that, she wouldn't notice the sudden change of my breathing. It also didn't help, when I could almost feel her fingers with my lips, every time she would gently dabbed the cotton on the corner of my mouth.

 
 

And somehow, I had the chance to stared at her, without her knowing. My eyes traced on her fine line eyebrows - to her eyes - then to her pointy nose and lastly to her slightly parted lips.

 
 

I gulped as my eyes rested on her lips. Oh god, would I ever have a chance to kiss her luscious lips? If so, then I could die happily.

 
 

Oh, Amber.. do you still despiseme? Do you still hate me? What were you doing there, earlier? What are you doing, Amber? You confused me..

 
 

I wanted to tell her that I really missed her, that even though I tried to forget her, I couldn't. I really still love her. Do you miss me, Amber? I doubt it, but I was hoping..