Arranged Marriage - Part 03

A Part of Me (Amber Liu's Multi-shots)

4 years later

 

 

 

Tapping sounds can only be heard throughout the office room. An American woman around her 40-ish is sitting on the sofa, while staring at the person across from her, like she will eat that person alive. She had her elbow propped on the armrest with her chin resting on her closed fist. In addition to that, her legs were crossed like she's the owner of the building. 

 

The person across from her is busy signing the papers, while her leg is bouncing up and down, which made the tapping sounds came from.

 

"Mrs. Cottswield, thank you for giving us your trust." They both stood up from their seats, after the person finish signing the papers.

 

"My pleasure, Amber. Always my pleasure." Mrs . Cottswield whispered the last part, moving closer to Amber.

 

"Mrs. Cottswield, you came here for business, and besides you're already married." Amber said nonchalantly. Their faces were just inches apart from each other, but Amber felt nothing.

 

"Tch. You are no fun, Amber. But ..." She have both of her hands on Amber's chest, moving its way slowly to her abdomen and up away to her stomach, rubbing her hard rock abs.

 

"I will look forward to it." She whispered into Amber's ear and after that, she took the papers from Amber's hand before walking towards the door ily, hoping Amber would notice it.

 

When, Mrs. Cottswield left, she plopped herself on the sofa, like she was tired from running. Actually, Amber didn't feel hot or even aroused of what her client did to her. She was irritated at her client's action and a bit disgusted. But, what can she do? The company needs her money.

 

The first time Mrs. Cottswield met Amber, she immediately fell to the latter's charm. So, without hesitations, she voluntarily helped her company by sponsoring some of their products. Without second thoughts, Amber accepted the offer.

 

"Yow! Dude! How's your talk with the hot mama?" Amber was annoyed at her friend's sudden intrusion. She just let out a heavy sigh.

 

"Its was okay, Danny. And what's with the Hot Mama?" She quirked her head to the side, staring at her friend in confusion.

 

"Well, because she's y. Man .. Looking at those curves and her y boo---"

 

"Okay, Danny. You can stop there."

 

"Aish! You are so boring! ---- OH! By the way, are you ready to go back to Korea? Your flight is tomorrow." He asked.

 

She stiffened, when her buddy ask her about leaving to Korea. She was excited, and at the same time nervous,because of the incident 4 years ago. She thought it for a long time, if she will go back, but her parents are calling her non-stop, telling her that, that they missed her already. She also missed her family which made her decide to go back there.

 

"Yeah, dude. Definitely ready. Besides, I want to see my family too." She said
 

 

"Okay, dude. Don't worry, I will do whatever  you told me about the company. But, you have to inform us when you get there okay?"

 

Amber chuckled, before patting Danny's shoulder."Of course, Danny. I will." 
 

 

I just hope everything will be alright when I get there.

 

 

 

 

 

<><><><><><><><><><>
 

= Ding Dong! = 
 

 

"Please seat back to your original and upright positions in preparation for landing. Thank you."

 

Korea. It has been 4 years ago, since the last time I was here. I wonder, if this country changed so much, while I'm away. I wonder ... How is she? Is she doing okay? We didn't see each other anymore, after that day when she came into my office and saw me together with Ji-eun. 

 

It was a misunderstanding. Our marriage is already annulled, it means she doesn't belong to me anymore, and vice-versa. Of course, our families were shocked but they were able to accept it. The friendship between the two families still remain, but our companies were no longer merged.

 

Dad decided to send me back to LA to manage our other branch there, and I accepted his offer to ease up my mind. It was not hard for me to adjust, because I used to live there before. But, while I was staying there, I realized one thing : I shouldn't have gave up on her. I should've told her that I'm happy being with her, and lastly ... I shouldn't have let my fears conquered me. Yes, I love her. I realized that I already have feelings for her. I want to apologize for being a jerk and a coward. I want to say those words to her, but I know, that the chances are now slim.

 

As I stepped through the automatic glass sliding door, my lips curved as I saw a familiar figure at the waiting area. I slip off my aviator shades and walk towards the two figure.

 

"Amber! Oh My God! My daughter! I miss you!" My mom squealed and she caught me into a bear hug. I almost choke when I felt her arms on my waist, gripping it tightly.

 

"M-Mom ... Can't breath ..." After she realized what she's doing to me, she quickly withdrew her arm around my waist. I was like a dog, panting every second.

 

"Sorry, Amber. I just missed you." Mom said, fixing some strands of my hair.

 

"Yeobo .. You are scaring your daughter. Aish .." Dad approached me, and Mom stepped aside so she can gave him a space.

 

"Welcome back, Amber. We're glad that you are here." A warm smile crept up on my face. I'm happy that finally I will be with them from now on.

 

"Thanks, Dad. I miss you too guys." I pulled my dad for a long hug, while he was patting the
back of my head.

 

"Stop it you two. You are making me cry."  We broke the hug, and saw my mom, wiping the tears that were falling through her cheeks. Dad and I chuckled, which made her to slap Dad's arm.

 

"Okay-okay. We can continue our family bonding in the house. We should get going. The car is already waiting outside." Dad announced. The assistant helped me to carry the bag, and once everything is settled, we left.



 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, I never knew this country will changed so much. I mean Korea is already beautiful, but it gotten more even beautiful, when I got back. Sigh. How I wish I can see her right now.

 

On our way to our house was quiet. I mean, for me its quiet because I'm not speaking the whole time. Mom and Dad notice my silence, because they kept on asking if am I doing okay. Of course, I didn't want them to worry so I just nod, and kept my mouth shut.

 

The whole time, my eyes were wide open, even though the ride is 2 hours. I'm not tired- not even a bit. My mind is occupied about her. Her. Her and her. I don't want to admit it to myself, but I have to accept, that if she already have someone else in her life - I will not bug her anymore, but it will not stop me to tell her, how sorry I am. After a long drive from the airport, finally the car is already parked in front of our house.

 

"Welcome back, Master Amber-ssi." The maids, butlers, and security guards bowed their heads once I hopped off from the car.

 

"Thank you." I said, bowing my head as well."I hope you are all doing good while I'm away. Its good to be back. I hope I can spend some time with you guys, but I think I have to rest first."

 

With that, I bowed my head one last time, before entering inside the house. Mom and Dad told me to eat first, but I declined their offer, instead I went to my room. To my surprise it gotten more bigger and even more cozy, because of the new interior. I plopped myself on the bed, staring at the ceiling. 
 

 

 

Will we see each other again?

 

 

 

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

 

 

 

"So, Amber, how's your sleep?" It was my Dad. We were having our breakfast together with Mom.

 

"Its good, dad. Its been a long time, since I slept in that bed." I said, before popping the meat inside my mouth. 

 

"I personally chose the interior of your room. So did you like it?" Mom asked, grinning widely. I chuckled, before nodding as a response. I was spreading the butter on the bread, when suddenly I remember something.

 

"Oh! Mom, Dad ..." I called. All eyes are on me now."By the way, I will go to an exhibit later together with my gang."

 

Mom and Dad looked at each other, then at me."Really? That's great! I hope you will see Eun----" I was startled, when the table rocked so hard, which made some of the food jumped out from the plate.

 

"Dad, are you okay? You look like you were hurt."

 

"Your daddy is okay, don't worry about that. I bet it will happed to him IF his stupidness will run again."

 

I knit my eyebrows, looking at my Mom confusingly. What's that supposed to mean? Am I missing something here?

 

"Hehehe ..." Dad laughed awkwardly, while scratching the back of his head."Your, mom is right Amber. I'm okay. Our food is getting cold. We should eat, shall we?"

 

They are really making me confused and they're acting weird. Just earlier, we were talking normally, but now both of them were now eating their food silently. What is wrong with them?

 

"Oh! Amber? Why are you not eating your food? You said, you're going somewhere else, right?" I dumbly nodded at my mom's question.

 

"Then, hurry up! You don't want to be late right? Its already 9:30 AM. The exhibit will start at 11:30" Then, suddenly mom shut , as she focused her attention at her food.

 

"How did you know that?" I quirked my head to the side. Mom was exchanging looks with dad. I think they were talking mentally. I raised my eyebrows. These guys are up to something that I don't know.

 

"Uhm. Amber, your mother is also invited, but she have some other appointments to attend. We didn't tell you, because we thought that you're not coming there. So, hurry up. You should prepare after our breakfast."

 

"Aahh ..." Was the only thing came out from my mouth. I guess, they're saying the truth, so I just shrugged my shoulders, and proceeded to eat my remaining food on the plate.


 

 

 

 

<><><><><><><><>


 

 

 

EJ & SJ art exhibit. Actually, this is my first time to attend an event like this. I'm not really interested in art, but surprisingly the place is comfortable. You will not get bored, because of the beautiful paintings mounted on the wall. I honestly didn't expect, that I will get amused by these beautiful paintings.I mean, like what I've said - I'm not interested in these kind of things, right? 

 

I think the person who made all of these is pretty popular, because of the bunch of people who are here. Its crowded, but its not suffocating, though.

 

"Amber?" I turned my body around, to look at the person who's calling my attention."OH MY GOSH! Amber, is that you?"

 

"Uhm. The last time I check, Min ... Yeah, I am!" I said, grinning widely at my gang in front of me.

 

It was so fast, but the next thing I knew, I was attacked by my crazy friends and I swear they freaked me out! I barely breath, they were all hugging me - LITERALLY. I was like playing 1 vs.100 - physically, and as expected I'm lost. When they pulled their bodies away from me, I was panting, trying to catch my breath.

 

"Dude, we're sorry. You know that, we just missed you. Right, guys?" Key said, while my hands were still in my knees, trying to stable my breathing. I heard a lot of 'Yeah's' and 'Sorry's' from them.

 

Once I regained my strength, I got up from my feet and face them with a wide smile."I miss you too guys, but you don't have to suffocate me like that. I don't want to die, yet. My handsome face is not ready to leave the world."

 

They were all bursted into laughs,which made the other people to look at us. I don't care if we caught their attention, now that I'm with my friends; Min, Jia, Fei, Ailee, Peniel, Key, Jonghyun, Minho and others. I'm happy ... Very happy.

 

"Hahaha! That's more we like it! Dorky as always!" We laughed at Jonghyun's statement. Jonghyun and I shared a bump fist. I swung my arms around his neck, which made him to do the same also.

 

"So, Amber. Are you gonna stay here for good?" Ailee asked. All of them were looking at me, waiting for an answer.

 

"I actually still don't know, yet. I still have to manage our company in LA, but mom and dad were convincing me to stay here."

 

"Dude, your parents are right. You should stay here. Now that, Eun--- I mean ... Uhm .. We! We really missed you, and besides you already stayed there for a long time." I just smiled at Key. Actually, he has a point too.

 

"You know what, bro? We suggest, that you have to stay here. Anything 'good' can happen, if you decide to live here again." Jonghyun said, ruffling my hair.

 

"Thank you for convincing me, but I think I still have to think about that. As for now, I want to spend my time with you guys, and I think I missed a lot, right?"

 

"Yeah, Amber. You really 'missed' a lot!" My eyebrows furrowed, looking at Min confusingly. Like there's something behind those words, that slipped in .

 

"Don't think too much, Amber. It will make you crazy. Come on guys, let's go!" Then, she motioned us to leave on our spot, but I didn't obliged as I remove my arm around Jonghyun's neck.

 

"Go first, guys. I will just follow later." At first they hesitated, but after a lot of convincing that I will be okay, they gave-in , and left at once.




 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>




 

When they left Amber alone, she dug her hands into her pockets as she collect some air and run out through her nose. Her gaze scan throughout the place, and all of a sudden, she stopped turning her head, when there's a certain painting caught her eyes. Its captivating, she thought. Just by looking from afar, Amber was mesmerized by the painting. She strolled towards the direction, where the masterpiece is placed.

 

As she get nearer, an unexpected thing happened. She bumped onto a young lady, which made the latter to stumble backwards a bit, but because of Amber's reflexes, she quickly grabbed a hold of the young lady's upper arms. Luckily, she didn't fell on the ground.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump on you, sir." Amber thought, her voice is familiar. She didn't recognize her face quickly because the lady is looking down.

 

"No. I should be the one saying that, because I was-----" Amber stopped, when the lady finally lift her head up. The lady smile faded and turned into a shocked expression.

 

"Eunjung ..." Amber uttered softy. She blinked her eyes a few times, thinking if she's only having a dream.

 

Eunjung didn't say a thing, instead she's still staring at the person in front of her. Her heart is starting to beat rapidly feeling her touch again. In an instant, the scenes together with her replayed once again. Those 7 months with her, and, the scene when she caught Amber together with the other girl. When that day hit her again, her heart is clenching. She was like stabbed behind her back. It was already 4 years ago, but it seems for her it happened just yesterday. She is now happy, contented with her life, but now Amber is already here, everything will immediately change.

 

On the other hand, Amber felt relieved and at the same time she was jumping in joy, because the girl she's longing for is now in front of her. She changed a lot, by looking at her physical appearance. She cut her hair a bit short, and it suits her. Her face didn't change much - gorgeous as always. 

 

These are the things, that were running in Amber's mind right now, but she can't deny to herself that she's seeing in Eunjung's eyes is different - different from before. Sadness, anger and hurt. These are the emotions that can see in her eyes, which made Amber frown.

 

"Umma!" They were both fell out of trance. She shove Amber's arm gently that is gripping on her arms. Amber was confused, but pulled away as well.

 

"Umma! Where have you been?" A little girl who is calling her umma, and a man is carrying her by his arms were approaching Eunjung. Amber felt her sunk, when she saw the scene in front of her.

 

"I'm just walking around Seo Jung." Then, she kissed the little girl's cheek. Amber is still frozen on her spot.

 

"Oh! Eunjung, your friend?" The man asked."Appa, you are both handsome. Umma, who is he?"

 

She looked at Eunjung, but Eunjung averted her gaze away from Amber. She smiled at her daughter first before answering her question.

 

"No. She -- He's not my friend. He's only a guest here. I just happened to bump onto him. So ... Yeah. Uhm. Come on, let's go?"

 

She looked at Amber, but her gaze were not directly on Amber's eyes.

 

"Uhm. Excuse me, sir. We have to go now." Eunjung didn't even wait for Amber's response. She then left together with her family.

 

He's not my friend. He's only a guest here.

 

These words kept repeating in Amber's mind. Now, she also felt the same way when Eunjung was hurt. Her heart sunk at those words, but it gotten more worse when she found out that Eunjung is married, and already have a beautiful daughter. She felt like, her world stop spinning. Now that, she found out, Eunjung has a daughter and a husband .... Will she give up again? Now that, she don't have a chance?




 

----------------------------

 

 

A/N: I just want to finish this already, so that I can start with a new story which is JessBer.  :)