THE DEBT

I'm the New Starship's... Janitor?

CHAPTER 7

JIWON’S POV:

I woke earlier than I usually do. I sent Hyunbin a message:

Could you come to my house and walk to school with me?

Yeah. See you then <3 (He answered)

I took a shower, changed into my uniform and went downstairs to have breakfast. I saw my mom there in the kitchen waiting for me.

“Hi sweetie! Why did you wake up earlier?” She asked me.

“I wanted to walk to school with Hyunbin.” I said with a big smile. She nodded and smiled in answer. I ignored Joowon all the time. He has awakened already.

I took my sit and sat to enjoy my delicious meal. My oppa came and sat next to me, when mom turned around to serve the breakfast he whispered to me:

“We have to talk.”

“I don’t want.” I whispered to him. He straightened on his chair. I ignored him and ate my breakfast. I ran upstairs to brush my teeth and then I could leave. I kissed my mom’s cheek and said goodbye, when I was closing the door I heard my mom asking: “What’s wrong with you two?”

Hyunbin was coming to my house, I saw him. We greeted each other and start our walk.

“What’s wrong?” He asked me. I was like crying.

“We fought yesterday” I answered. My eyes were watery.

“Why?” He asked worried.

“I asked him if he could do me a favor, but instead of that he said that he was going to do it with a condition. I accepted but then I realized that his condition was because of his girlfriend. I was upset and like always I told him that I hate her and that stuff.” I explained. A single tear escape from my eye.

“Haven’t I told you not to interfere on your brother’s issues?” He said.

“Yes. But I think I can’t forget what that did.” I said. I was mad.

Flashback:

Hyunbin and I were taking a walk eating ice creams, when suddenly we saw Hye Ra getting out of a car. A man came out and kissed her on her lips. My blood was boiling. Hyunbin tried to stop me, but I didn’t resist and approached to where she was.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked her. I was too angry that I think that I pierced her with my eyes.

“What are you talking about” She asked innocently.

“Don’t try to look innocent. I saw everything. I saw you kissing that guy. If my oppa would know this you’re going to be throwing away and that’s what you deserve” I said.

“Joowon oppa wouldn’t be knowing this, because you wouldn’t tell him, right?” She asked defiantly.

“What makes you think that I’m not going to do that?” I answered her with another question that she couldn’t resist.

“Well, he wouldn’t trust you. He loves me and you can’t do anything about this.” She said. I was that mad that I wanted to hit her, but Hyunbin stopped me. Instead of it I threw her my ice cream on her chest and it melted all on her outfit, it reached her face too.

+                          +                          +                          +                         

That day I told Joowon all what I saw. He went out furious. I think he went to talk with her, because when he returned to the house he yelled at me:

“YOU’RE SUCH A LIAR. YOU DID IT BECAUSE YOU HATE HER. THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT YOU CAN’T SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT OTHERS.” He said.

“What did she tell you?” I asked shocked.

“THAT’S NOT OF YOUR BUSSINESS. BUT PLEASE DON’T TALK ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE. I HATE YOU.” He yelled. When he said the last sentence, my eyes were watery and I started to cry, I was mad but at the same time I was sad. My brother couldn’t trust in me. That was pity.

End of flashback

“Please, calm down” Hyunbin said. I didn’t realize it, but I was crying. We were reaching the gate of our school, we were early. He hugged me and we stopped walking.

“You have done what you had to do, if he doesn’t want to open his eyes and realized the big mistake he’s going to do, that’s not your problem is his life and he would suffer, not you. So stop worrying about it.” He said with a big smile trying to calm me down. I calmed down after few minutes. We entered to the school.

The school day was normal, except the fact that today Mina didn’t come.

Hyunbin and I were walking home, and then I remembered the chore that I had left. I asked him and tried to convince him to help me:

“I have a favor to ask you.” I said smiling.

“What is it now?” He asked annoyed.

“It’s not bad. You would see it when we arrived home.” I said facing him. He only groaned. After a while he spoke again.

“So, that means that I can stay today in your house?” He asked like a little boy who wants to play =/

“Yes.” I said.

When we arrived to my home I smelt the peculiar detergent scent. I approached to the laundry room just to find my oppa making the laundry, when he saw me he spoke.

“I did the favor you asked me yesterday.” He said. I was confused.

“Ok” that was the only word I could say.

“What was the favor?” Hyunbin asked.

“Nothing.” I said dumbfounded.

We ate our lunch and I hurry to get ready because in one hour I had work. I took the bus and when I arrived I saw my master waiting for me.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greet politely.

“Ok. Today I’m going to assign you an important chore.” She said while we were walking to the janitor’s room. “Today you’re going to clean up the garden, water the plants and then you’re going to broom the roads of the garden.” She said. We stopped in front of the door. She took a glance on me and left me.

I changed my clothes to my uniform, took my tools and went directly to my place.

I started to broom the weeds and pick up the leaves and the garbage. Then I started to water the plants, I was almost finishing when someone called me.

“Hey! You the janitor” The person said. I turned around and saw the person who was calling me. For my surprise I saw the blond-red haired guy I was feeling annoying only seeing him in front of me.

“I need you to pay me back this week. This Saturday we are going to travel to Japan, so pay me back. The last day is this Friday at 12:00 a.m. not any longer, did you understand brat?” He said. I was boiling inside.

“Ok, then you’d have your money, don’t worry.” I said with a fake smile.

“Perfect, see you then.” He said with a smirk on his face.

“What should I do? I don’t have the money”. I thought disquiet.