MY LUCK

I'm the New Starship's... Janitor?

 

MY LUCK

Author’s POV:

“This girl is excited. That’s good I need a new janitor because the other one has gone”. The Boss, Mr. Choi thought.

“Thank you so much sir! Thank you!” That’s all that Ji Won could say and bowed a lot of times.

She just left the office. She was too excited that she forgot to ask what her job was.

“Wait, am I that stupid? I got a job but I don’t know what my job is, stupid girl” Ji Won thought. She decided to ask the receptionist.

“Excuse me. What is the employ?” She said.

“Oh! You don’t know? We need a new janitor!” The young lady said. Ji Won was shocked, but she just accepted.

“Thank you” She said quietly.

I’m a janitor? This was supposed to be a photographer employ. Whatever, I accepted it and I have a job now.”  She thought

I have seen her before but, where?” He thought

“Hyung!” Someone called.

“Yes, I’m coming.” He replied.

Ji Won walked out of the big building. She turned around to see the name of the place she’ll work.

“Starship” She read. “It’s an entertainment? Wow! I’m going to know idols” She said to herself.

She went direct to her house. She took the bus and then she went home.

“I’m here” She said when she entered in her house.

“Hi! How was your job search?” Hyun Bin asked.

“Good…” she said. “I guess” Ji Won thought. “I got a job and that’s the good thing.” She said with a fake smile on her face.

“I’m glad. Come here, oppa wants a hug” Hyun Bin said. Ji Won gave him a hug with a poker face.

“Are you happy?” She said warmly.

“Yes” He said seeing her in her eyes. “I love you” He added.

“Ugh! I love you too” She said with a little smile.

“I know you hate this but I need love, my parents were traveling these last months!” Hyun Bin said with a sad expression.

“I know” Ji Won said quietly.

They just stared at each other for a minute and then they went to the bed.

“Ji Wonnie! Good night. Have sweet dreams” Joo Won said her hair and gave her a sweet kiss on her forehead. She was asleep already, so she didn’t notice him, heard him neither.

 The next morning Ji Won woke up and went down stairs direct to the living room where her parents were talking.

“Hi mommy. Hi daddy!” She said with excitement.

“Hi sweetheart. How are you?” Mr. Kim said hugging his little daughter.

“I’m fine. I got a job. Now I’ll help you with the bills, I promise” She said calmly and with a reassuring smile.

“I’d love that. Thank you” Her dad said.

“I know” She said. “Mom what will we eat for breakfast today? I’m hungry” Ji Won said while she was rubbing her stomach.

“Oh! You’re hungry?” Mrs Kim said. Ji Won nodded eagerly.

“Ok! I have to cook now dear” Ji Won’s mom said to her husband. “What do you want to eat sweetie?” She added to her daughter.

“Mmm… I want American breakfast. It's easy and delicious. May I help you?” Ji Won said politely and with a happy tone in her voice.

“Sound good. Let’s go. I think we have all the ingredients.” Mrs. Kim answered.

“Yes!” Ji Won said. She was excited to see her dad and happy because she could help her mom.

They were cooking the pancakes when the other two boys went downstairs.

“Dad! How are you?” Joo Won asked.

“Hi uncle! Sorry I wanted to stay, I was home alone” Hyun Bin said.

“Don’t worry, you’re welcome whenever you want to come” Mr. Kim said.

“Thank you so much” Hyun Bin said.

“You’re welcome” He laughed. “Son, I’m fine. Thank you. I miss you” Mr Kim added.

“Hey guys! Are you hungry? We have made the breakfast. Come on let’s eat” Ji Won said.

They followed her to the table. The breakfast was delicious. All the family was eating when Ji Won’s cell phone rang. She went to pick it up and answered.

“Yeoboseyo? (Hello?)”

“Who is it?” Joo Won asked.

“Ji Won ssi?” The other line asked

“Yes, I am” She answered.

“We’re talking from Starship Ent. We wanted to confirm your information.” The lady said.

“Yes. Please continue.” Ji Won said.

“Your name is Kim Ji Won right?” The other line asked.

“Yes” She answered.

 The questions continued. All the information was right. The last thing and the most important were: When and at what time she’ll start working.

“Your schedule will be this: You’ll work Sunday to Friday. You will just have one day off. The horary will be: 4 p.m. until 12 a.m. Are you agreeing? If you don’t, please say it” The lady said.

“Yes. It’s perfect.” Ji Won said firmly.

“Ok. You’ll start tomorrow. So see you then” The lady ended up the conversation and hung up.

“Who was?” Joo Won asked again.

“It was the company, where I’ll be working, she said I’d start tomorrow” She answered.

“Work? Since when?” He added.

“Tomorrow! I’ll start tomorrow! Yesterday I went to find a job. Is that bad? You have one, why?Can’t I have one?” She said with an angry tone.

“No, it’s good, but you’re too young, you have to study.” Joo Won said with a worried expression.

“I have to study? I already know that, but I want to help our parents with my bills. Is that bad? Don’t answer.” She said and went up stairs direct to her room.

“Hyung please” Hyun Bin interrupted Joo Won’s thoughts. He sighed.

“Yes, I know” He said sad.

Ji Won’s POV:

What’s the matter with my oppa? He is always trying to protect me. Why? Can’t he understand that he’ll be married soon and I’ll be alone? I was thinking when my phone rang.

Message from: Min Ah

Hi! Since it's Saturday, do you want to take a walk? We can go to the park near my house hehehe

I answered “Yes”. I went down stairs and told my parents where I’ll be and that I’ll take the bus.

I sat on a chair, but when I turned my head I saw a guy with a floral suit it was like a summer costume.

“Hi” He said.

“Hi?” I said confused.

“You don’t know me?” He said. Why is he talking to me? I thought.

“No” I said. I think I had a puzzled look.

“Well. Hi I’m Shim Hyun Seong of Boyfriend” He said.

“Ok.” I said coldly.

“Sorry if I scared you.” He said shyly this time.

“No. It’s ok. But if you’re an idol why are you riding the bus?” I asked confused.

“I lost a bet” He said smiling.

“Bad luck” I said.

The rest of the ride was silent. In a stop he stood up and went down, when I saw the built it was Starship Entertainment.

Oh Gosh! I thought.

The bus stopped near the park and I got off.

Min Ah was waiting for me in the park. I went to her, she was holding something.

“Hi!” She said.

“Hi. What’s that?”  I asked.

“It's a gift that someone gave me. I think is a key chain” She said.

“Aww! You have a secret admirer.” I said teasing her with my cute tone.

“Shut up! Let’s go for an ice cream. I really want one” Min Ah said a little angry.

“Ok. I love the idea” I said happily.

We went to a market and bought our ice creams. She got a cone and I a Popsicle.

“What about your new work? Have you started?” She asked between s.

“I don’t know. I haven’t started yet but tomorrow will be my first day. The only thing I know is that I’ll be a janitor for my lucky. You know?” I said with a sad tone.

“Wow! Good luck. Knowing you, you won’t resist, but where will you work?” She said with a reassuring smile.

“Starship Entertainment” I said and I bit my Popsicle.

“It’s good. After a while working there you can prove your ability with the camera.” She said smiling.

“And then I can have a better job, can’t I?” I asked her.

“Yes” She said.

We continued walking back to the park. We were joking around each other when we saw a crowd.

“What is it?” I asked one girl there.

“Boyfriend's fan meeting!” She said excited and shouting, I think she was trying to let me deaf.

“Ok?” I said a little scared.

“Let’s see if they’re as good as SHINee is” Min Ah said and laughed.

When they appeared I saw the guy I met in the bus and with his group, then I remembered his boy band name: BOYFRIEND.