; fireworks

Promise To You

She quickly finished the food we brought her and I took a look at what she was wearing and it struck me that she was the one that bumped into me earlier in the hallway. Something was going on. Hmm. I got up from my spot next to Sica, walked over to Tiffany unnie, hoisted her up slightly by the collar and pulled her closed to me. Sica and Seohyun unnie gasped.

“Unnie tell me what’s going on,” I demanded with a growl.

“I’ll tell you later. Let go of me, Krystal,” she replied sternly.

**

I felt her release me as I sigh and looked over at Jessi. That was too close. If Krystal had continued, the secret would have been dropped too soon and it would ruin the moment. Almost on cue, HyeRin came in to administer some pills, Jessi, Seohyun and Krystal made their way out. She turned around and looked at me. Her eyes watery. No Jessi, please don’t cry. You’re stronger than this. I will live to see you. I promise. I promise. I promise you that I would marry you when the time came. Do not suffer, Jessi…my ice princess. After swallowing the pills, only Jessi came back in to gather the containers and hand over to Seohyun before she sat down in the chair next to my bed. HyeRin had left in a rush; apparently she was needed in the ER. Jessi looked at me for a long time; she slowly opened to talk.

“Fany…I…” she started.

“Jessi, I’ll be fine, I promise,” I said.

Dr. Jeong came in and again went over the procedure. She gently placed her hands on top of ours then with a nod, the nurses came in with another bed that was used for surgical procedures and told Tiffany to lay down on it, she immediately moved over to it as the nurses began to insert all kinds of tubes into her, I wanted to rip them off but of course that was a very stupid thing to do. I stood by watching them. As they slowly wheel her out, one of the nurses, the youngest one motion to me to come with them so I did. I followed behind them.

“Jessi, let me see her, please,” Fany pleaded.

Again the same nurse motion to me to up by her side.

“Jessi, do me a favour,” she started.

“Y-y-yes?”

“Don’t leave me…ever.”

“I won’t baby.”

**

Back at the dorm, all of the girls except Seohyun were huddled together with a blank piece of paper on the coffee table, earlier in the day, after Tiffany had ran to the jewelry store, she had texted Taeyeon asking for the girls to help her set up for Jessica. The door chimed as Seohyun came in, Yoona quickly leapt onto the table and covered the paper thinking it was Jessica, the rest burst into laughter when she looked and sigh with relief that it was just the maknae. Yuri gently pulled her off and the girls resume brainstorming scribbling down all of their ideas for decorations and location. After what felt like hours, the girls leaned up against their bean bag chairs, sighing. Sooyoung got up and went into the kitchen, which was then followed by a lot of chopping and banging noises. No one got up to look, they were all exhausted from the planning. 30 minutes later, Yuri received a text from Jessica stating that Tiffany had gone into the operation room. At this point, all girls quickly ate the food Sooyoung, got changed and rushed out of their dorm for the hospital.

“OPPA! HURRY! HURRY!” they shouted in unison as they climbed into the van.

“Aish, alright, alright, I’ll try to go as fast as I can,” he said.

Their manager sped the van down the main road driving like a madman, diving in and out of the lanes to avoid the slower cars with the girls gripping any handle tightly for their dear lives. It was a surprise they didn’t get pulled over by the cops. When they have arrived at the hospital, all of the girls quickly ran inside and into the open elevator. The nurses shook their heads as they saw the girls but chose to ignore them and allowed the running. The girls burst into Tiffany’s room to find Jessica sitting alone holding a cross with the bible open on her lap. They watched her pray patiently for it was rude to interupt. She smiled and closed her bible as she looked at all of them, one by one. She had been crying, the dried tears plastered on her face. It was quiet and still. No one dared move. Taeyeon felt everyone’s eyes on her, expecting her to do something. Times likes this she wished she wasn’t the leader, she didn’t know what to say or do to comfort the second oldest of the nine. Instead someone else stepped forward. It was the choding Hyoyeon. She and Jessica were and are still pretty close friends. She pulled Jessica to her feet and hugged her tightly. Actions were stronger than words now. There was a dolphin scream then whimpering, Sooyeon hold in the tears anymore, she cried and cried into Hyo’s shirt. The rest of them took the cue and embraced her in a group hug.

“T-t-thank you…g-g-girls,” she sputtered.

“We’re always here for you, Jung Sooyeon,” Hyo whispered.

“Yeah!” everyone agreed.

Relaxing their arms, they let Jessica sit down while they all sat down on the floor around her like children sitting in front of the teacher. Once they all settled, she spoke softly.

“Dr. Jeong took Tiffany into the operation room an hour ago, she told me the surgery will be about 2-3 hours in length since the nodes have gotten bigger and she wanted to be careful to not severely damage Fany’s vocal cords. As for now, we just have to sit, pray and wait for the result. Although there was one weird thing that Fany told me before I was told by the doctor and nurses that I couldn’t go any futher…”

“What was it?” The maknae asked.

“She told me to go back to the harbour where I found her on our first day together as SNSD, and she specifically said to come on our 3 year anniversary…I don’t know what that means.”

“It means she will mar-”

SMACK! SMACK! Taeyeon quickly slapped her hands over the shikshin’s mouth. Anymore and that giraffe would have exposed Tiffany’s plan, thus ruining the special moment for the adorable couple.

“What was that, Sooyoung-sshi? Tiffany wanted to marry me?” Jessica asked.

“Oh no. No, I meant to say Tiffany wanted to make love to you. Yeah, yeah, that’s it,” Sooyoung said confidently.

The girls all facepalmed themselves at Sooyoung’s slip and recover. Oh man. That was just way too close for comfort. We looked back at Jessica. She was pouting then grinned like a lovestruck idiot.

“Fany wants to do it there in public?!” Maknae screeched clearly bothered, Yoona had taken the liberty to cover the young one’s ears but sadly she still heard. We all looked at Sooyoung as she squirmed under the maknae’s intense stare.

AN hour passed as the girls sat around waiting, Yoona, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were playing rock, paper, scissors to see who would win the big bag of snacks that the shikshin had apparently snuck in. It was the best of ten rounds. Yoona was losing badly and was their 2nd shikshin. They were on round 6. The score was even for Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung 3 points each and Yoona with 0 points. Frustrated, she began to tickle whoever was closest to her which sadly was Sooyoung. Jessica, Taeyeon, Yuri and Seohyun sat watching…well Seohyun was reading a book on post surgery care, most likely to see what she can do to help her unnie.

**

3 hours later…

“Tiffany…Tiffany, if you hear me, it’s time to wake up, your surgery was a success,” Dr. Jeong whispered. “We are going to wheel you back to your room, okay? I heard all the girls are there waiting for you.”

I smiled and nodded my head slowly, sticking my thumb up to tell her that I was glad. The aesthetic hasn’t completely worn off yet so I was still drowsy and slightly disoriented. I felt the bed move smoothly along the hospital floor towards my room. Jessi, I’m alive. I’m alive. I promised you didn’t I? I can’t wait to see your smiling face again…ugh my body hurts, it felt like it was paralyzed by a taser minus that one hand. The nurse opened the door and pushed my bed in. I turned my head to see all the girls had fallen asleep by the armchair…all of them had their arms intertwined around my Jessi, who was awake. Our eyes met and locked then tears poured from her eyes. She was happy. Happy to see me. To see me alive. I told you Jessi, I would come back for you. My kitty cat, my ice princess, my jagiya. The nurses lifted me off the bed and transferred me onto softer, fluffy bed in my room. They stuck an IV drop to me for extra precautions then left with some instructions that they handed to Jessica. She gently moved the girls’ arms away as she got up came to my bed, sitting down next to me, leaned in and gingerly kissed my lips, I gave her my signature eye smile. I motion for her to hand me the glass of water, she reached over and put the glass up to my lips and drank slowly, smiling at her.

“Jessi…”

“Fany…your voice…it’s more raspy now…”

“Heh, I guess so.”

I looked into her eyes to see that it had a blank yet lustful look to it. Uh oh. Crap, I’m still slightly numb from the aesthetic. Thankfully, Sunny and Taeyeon woke up, noticed I was back then shook the rest of them awake, the younger ones came running to me, screaming almost. I smiled. It was great to be back with my family. Maknae was the first to hug me tightly. Aish. This girl was the brains of SNSD yet when it comes to our health, she worries the most. I guess that’s why she’s seen as the most mature one of the group. They all excited to see that I’m doing well. I informed them that it will be two more days before Dr. Jeong gave me the clear to leave the hospital and come back to them to the SM studios and the dorm. They all groan with disappointment. I bet everyone was worried about me. My phone beeped, I looked down to see my UFOTown inbox full of messages from Sones wishing good luck on my surgery. I quickly logged in, told all the girls to find a way to fit into the picture and snapped a group pic and posted it onto the site with the caption: Kamsamnida SONES! Fany Fany is all well. Even the ladies came to visit J. 10 seconds later, there were more beeps and I couldn’t help was laugh at the comments they left.

**

2 days later, SM Entertainment practice room, all girls present minus JeTi

“Girls, let’s get this done right. Okay, Fany and Sica are coming to practice in 10 minutes, go with the flow, alright? Once practice is over, we all decide to go out to eat, then Fany will leave saying she has something to attend to while we remind Sica that today is their 3 year anniversary. Hopefully, she falls for the bait and goes to the harbour where Fany is,” I said proudly.

“NEH!” we all shouted.

Practice began, we were rehearsing The Boys and Genie, there was too many positions to move in and out from so they need to make sure everyone was in their right spot, Jessica and Tiffany had joined us. Halfway through Genie, our choreographer stopped the music and pulled Tiffany aside to help her with the transitions, poor Fany, it was hard for her, especially if there was a lot of rotation, etc. We continued until 8PM, all of us dropped to the floor dead. Our choreographer laughed and toss a water bottle and towel to each of us. She was also in for Tiffany’s plan.

“You girls go wash up and I’ll take all of you out for dinner. My treat. You all worked very hard today,” she said as she walked out, leaving us to ourselves.

**

At Byeokjae Galbi Restaurant, Gangnam District, Seoul, 8:30PM

We ordered a lot of meat all thanks to our shikshins Sooyoung and Yoona, and an extra grill for them since they would fight for food, I’m surprised Yuri didn’t jump in to break it up. Oh well. I look over at Jessi who was flipping her piece of kalbi over to cook, she looked at me and slipped her free hand into mine. We quietly ate, I placed my chopsticks down and slipped my hand into my jacket and brushed my fingers along the box with the rings inside. Today will be the day I ask her. No backing down. My phone vibrated and I picked up.

“Fany unnie, we’re ready,” Krystal said.

“Neh, good. Get into your positions, I’ll be there soon,” I said quietly, careful to not let Sica overhear.

“Neh. See you soon unnie.”

With that Krystal hung up. I cleared my throat and announced that I had some business to deal with. The girls and our choreographer nodded. I stood up and grabbed my spring jacket, I motioned for Jessi to come out with me. Once we were outside our private room. I kissed her passionately. She broke away and kissed my cheek before returning inside and I ran outside to Amber’s car.

**

I smiled as she kissed me…Hwang Tiffany…I love you. I sat down at the table. The girls looked at me. Taeng tapped my shoulder, I turned to the shorty and she tapped her wrist. I looked at her confused. She sighed and Sunny spoke up.

“Aren’t you forgetting something, Sica?” she asked with aegyo.

“No…I don’t think I did…”

Then it hit me…it was our 3 year anniversary. Crap..I didn’t get her anything. I looked at all of them frantically. They all burst into laughter once they realized that I remember. Yoona and Yuri pulled out a bag with Tiffany’s name on it.

“We knew you would forget so we went got her something for you, I hope you don’t mind, unnie,” Yoona said.

“Omo. Yuri..Yoona, you two are lifesavers! Kamsamnida,” I replied hugging them.

“Ummm Sica, Krystal just texted me to tell you she’s waiting for you at the harbour,” Seohyun said.

“Okay thank you maknae, I’ll go right away.”

I flagged down a taxi outside the restaurant and told him to drive to the harbour overlooking the Han River, he nodded and drove. When I arrived, there was a display of lights that lit up the once dark walkway up to the fenced off podium next to the river. I followed the path up to the podium. There was someone standing there with the back turned towards me. I stopped just a few feet away, unsure if it was Krystal or not.

“Heh, guess the girls did their job well,” a voice said.

“Fany? Is that you?” I asked.

“Jessi, come up here next to me.”

I walked up the stairs and settled beside her. She smiled and kissed my cheek before wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her chin on my shoulder. We stay like that for a while, it was quiet minus the hustle and bustle of the busy city in front of us. There were voices nearby but we ignore it. After some time, Fany lets go.

“Jung Sooyeon. Jessica. The ice princess. My ice princess,” she began. “Have you ever dreamt of a day where we would be accepted by the Korean society as an official couple? Well I have. I dreamt that I would be standing there at the altar with both our friends and family in this beautiful church, waiting for you to come in, walking down the aisle alongside your father, the organ playing, us saying our I Do’s and finally sealing the deal…”

“What do you mean, Fany?” I asked in slight shock.

She gets down on her knee and pulls out a tiny box then opens it. Tears were on the verge of dripping down my face, I need to hear her say it. She looked at me and grabs my left hand.

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon…will you marry me?”

“YES! YES! YES!” I shouted with happiness as she eye-smiled sliding the ring onto my ring finger then got up and embraced me. Behind us, I heard small fireworks going off, I turned around and there was my sister and her group f(x) along with the girls and our choreographer with sparklers in their hands. Amber lit a few more fireworks and watched as they launched into the dark sky. For once in my life, I was the happiest ice princess ever. Happily married to her knight in shining armor.

~*~ END ~*~
 

~~

Ahnyoung! I hope you guys like/loved the ending for this fanfic because I sure did. 
I'm not sure if I want to write a sequel to this or not yet ahaha well. I'm proud to say that I'm happy with this fanfic.
Anyways, I have a new fanfic ready. It's a SooNa one so click on the link below :)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/520889/blades-of-love-snsd-soona-exo

ALSO BIG THANKS TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING PROMISE TO YOU :D
YOU GUYS GET A BIG HUG FROM MR. PANDA ^^

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcwn1w24Nr1rdf0rko1_500.jpg