; trouble arises

Promise To You

 

I got up and looked over at Sica, who surprisingly was still sleeping deeply muttering something unaudible. Last night’s dinner went well. I’m happy for YoonYul. I checked my phone to see if I got any messages. There were 2 missed calls and 4 messages. Unlocking my phone, I scrolled through the messages. 1 from oppa and 1 from unnie, the other two were from manager oppa, along with the two missed calls. That's weird he usually calls ByunTaeng if there's something important. I got up from the bed, placed my phone down on the nightstand and washed up. After putting on some fresh clothes, a loose pink summer blouse along with a creamy skirt, I picked up my phone again and walked out to the kitchen where the rest of the girls were. I decided to text my siblings back.

To: Unnie Hwang

Hi unnie ( ゚▽゚)/

From: Unnie Hwang

LOL Fany. Why so hyper? It's only 8:30AM where you are X3 I hope I didn't disturb your sleep.

To: Unnie Hwang

Aigooo! Did unnie forget how Fany wakes up? Have I been gone from you for too long? :P

From: Unnie Hwang

ROFL no no, I remember you used to sneak into Leo's room and jump on him to wake him up. By the way, he went on a business trip to the Philippines last year and met this lovely girl. They're together now. He called me this morning to tell me. Thought you should know too. Maybe your manager oppa will book you guys for a concert in the Philippines this year. He misses you. Well I got to go. Business is busy as always.

To: Unnie Hwang

Awww I miss Leo oppa too ( ><)o
Okay, I'll talk to unnie soon (*3^)

I looked up after sending my last message to see all of the girls watching me with curious eyes. I told them it was Michelle unnie and they nodded. Seohyun suddenly gasped and quickly pulled all of us together. Yuri shot her a what-on-earth-did-you-do-that-for look. She waved her hands impatiently, taking the calendar down from the fridge and pointed to the big star. We all gasped. It was Jessica's birthday. Luckily, today was another one of those stress and schedule free days. My phone went off and I quickly answered, it was manager oppa.

"Yeoboseyo?" I replied.

"Fany-ah, please put me on speaker but lower the volume, I don't want to wake Sica," he answered. I took my phone away from my ear and pressed the speakerphone button and gently placed it in the middle of our dining table so everyone can hear. Taeyeon peered at the phone with that weird look, oblivious to who was on the other line. I heard manager oppa chuckled then greeted all of us. "Ok girls, I know today is Sica's birthday, so I have already gone and booked you girls a nice room at one of the most expensive banquet halls in Seoul, now all of you just need to decorate it and such. Do not worry about food and entertainment as I also got that covered."

"Oppa, you didn't have to," Yoona and Yuri whined in unison.

"I knew you guys were bound to forget due to your tight schedules, plus you still need to go get presents for her too."

"That's true. Kamsamnida oppa!" I squealed.

With that he hung up to leave us to our surprise party for Jessica mission. I went out to our balcony, scrolled through my contacts to find the person I was looking for. In order to make this work, I am going to need someone to keep Jessica busy for the whole day until at least 6PM and I know who exactly to call. Krystal Jung. Jessica's dongsaeng. After several rings, it went straight to her voicemail so I left a message for her. Coming inside, our maknae Seohyun had prepared a list for us to complete. Yoona and Yuri were in charge of getting the cake and candles. Sunny, Taeyeon and I were in charge of getting presents and decorations, which I believe is doable. Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and her are in charge of food being served for the party, we have to make sure there's no cucumbers or else, we will unleash HellSica and believe me, no one wants HellSica on her birthday and will join us later to help buy and bring the presents to the banquet hall in our vans. With the roles assigned, I went back into our room to see if Sica woke up yet. I smiled as I see her still snoring lightly. I gently closed the bedroom door, gave the girls a thumbs up before we quietly left. As we walked out of our dorm, Krystal was pulling up in her sleek red Kia Forte Coupe. She waved to us. After parking her car in the alleyway next to our dorm, she came over and hugged us all.

"Krystal hwaiting!" we chanted before giving her one of the spare keys to the apartment.

"I won't let my unnies down! Hwaiting!" she shouted cheerfully.

**

Ahhhhhh. That was a good night’s sleep. Hmmm, it’s too quiet. I rolled off my side of the bed onto the floor and lazily heaved myself up. I guess I will go shower and find something to eat. I heard the key being inserted into the dorm’s lock and the beeping sounds from the keypad outside as I turn off the hairdryer. I guess they’re back from wherever they went. Stretching, I looked at the clock, meh, only 10:30AM. Still too early for Jessica “Ice Princess” Jung. There was a small clang in the kitchen. Someone’s cooking? Slipping on my slippers, I walked out to the living room, flopped onto one of the over-sized bean bag cushions and began flipping through the channels. After 10 minutes, I gave up and looked towards the kitchen. Oh it’s just one person. Guess the rest of the girls aren’t back yet. Sadly, I can’t tell who it is but she looks familiar. Let’s find out shall we?


“Baby Jung, you should have told me you were coming over,” I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist, surprising her. “What are you cooking?”

“Oh, I thought unnie liked it when I come unannounced,” she said with a pout on her face.

“I do but I didn’t expect you to come today, I thought you had a radio talk show to do. So what are you cooking?”

“It got cancelled. I want to spend more time with unnie. Kimchi bokkumbap. Want some?”

“HELL YES! What do you want to do today?”

Before she could answer, I turned off the stove, grabbed two bowls and spoons from the cabinet and scooped the steaming hot fried rice into them. Guess she didn’t remember to fry the eggs to top it off. I opened the fridge and rummage through the stuff we had in there, most of it belonged to Sooyoung anyways. I found the last 2 eggs behind a tall container of god knows what. Krystal had taken a pan out for me and already got the oil going, she cracked the eggs and poured them into the pan then waited for them to cook.

“Wanna go shopping? I got you your birthday present already. We can use it to splurge today,” she said smiling, knowing that I will say yes.

“How much are you giving me?” I asked as clamped my mouth down on the spoon in my hand

“218,000 won.”

My jaw dropped. No way. Krystal, you really, really, didn’t have to give your sister that much. I shook my head as she pulled out the envelope and placed down on table. I stared at it as we ate in silence. Suddenly, I remembered that I haven’t asked where the members were. Placing my bowl into the sink, I turned to her and asked.

“So where is everyone today? There’s no schedule.”

“I don’t know unnie, but I don’t think they would forget your birthday.”

**

“Yoong, I know this great place that specializes in birthday and wedding cakes,” I said as gave the address to our driver.

“Really?! That’s great! It’ll save us a lot of time and we can join the rest of them to buy presents when we drop the cake off at the hall. You’re so smart, Yul,” she squealed.

The rest of the girls rolled their eyes at Yoona’s choding behaviour but me, on the other hand, find it so ridiculously adorable. The driver dropped Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Sooyoung off at the banquet hall. It was 11:30AM. Still plenty of time to get everything set up in time. Yoona and I were the next ones to get dropped off in front of the bakery I told her about. We climbed up the tiny steps and stepped inside. When I was younger, my umma and appa used to come here to buy the cakes from the ahjumma that works here. She was charming old lady who always seem to have such a nice smile when she greeted us. She was putting some cash away in the cash register when I approached the counter. I cleared my throat and she looked with a big grin.

“Kwon Yuri, is that really you?” she asked.

“Neh, ahjumma. I see you’re busy as always,” I replied.

“My, my, you have indeed grown since I last saw you. Aish! You’re too busy to visit a dying ahjumma until now,” she said with a sad face.

“Omo! Ahjumma…”

“I’m just playing with your mind, child. I see you brought a friend. What can I do for you today?”

“Ah, Im Yoona, meet ahjumma. Ahjumma, Im Yoona. Ummmm, I want to order a special birthday cake for a friend of ours. Today is her birthday. If that’s okay with you.”

“It’s not a problem, child. My grandson will definitely have a cake finished before the sun sets today. Now I just need what you want on the cake and you’re all set. I’ll get my son to deliver it to the place.”

“Kamsamnida ahjumma.”

**

5:45PM. Golden Lion Banquet Hall. Private Party Room B.

“Girls! Hurry up! Jessi’s going to be here any moment!” I yelled.

“Aye! Aye! Manager Hwang!” shouted Sooyoung from the stepladder.

We still had some decorations to put up and got the tables set for us and the guests that were invited. The cake that Yuri and Yoona brought look fantastic, I know Jessi will love it. Hopefully, the presents are okay too. This was the first time I took her birthday into my own hands and made this into an almost full scale celebration. Sunny quickly withdrew her head from the door, closing it and gave me the signal. I spread the signal around to everyone. Everything was finished. The room looked amazing with the various shades of pink balloons floating around with white and silver balloons accompanying them, in the back of the room, we had a big banner that some Sones had given to us when they ran into us. It read HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA “ICE PRINCESS” JUNG in big bold letters.

“Places everyone!” I shouted as everyone scrambled to find a hiding spot.

Hyoyeon quickly flicked the lights off just as the grand wooden doors swung open.

**

Krystal had blindfolded me when we got into her car after shopping. She said she was taking me somewhere special. So special that she couldn’t let me see where we were going. I felt the car stop as she undo my seatbelt. I heard the door on her side shut and felt my door swing open. She gently touched my wrist, helping me get out. I held onto her arm tightly as she guided me into a building of sorts. There was carpet of course. I felt her stop then moved again. Another door was swung open. Followed by another one.

“We’re here,” she said as she took my blindfold off.

The room we came to was dark but as soon as she closed the door. The lights came on and all of the members and their families jumped out of their hiding spots in the room.

“SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SICA!” they shouted in unison.

“Thank you girls,” I said as I shed tears of happiness. All of them came and we had a big group hug. I made my speech and then everyone dived into the food. Tiffany sat beside me, scooped up some food with my spoon and fed it to me. My parents quickly grabbed the camera and took pictures. Aish. I just told them about Tiffany and now they’re going crazy happy for me. Oh well. At least they’re accepting. After about two hours or so, the aunties and uncles thanked us for a good time before they bid their farewells.

*3 hours later*

11PM. SNSD Dorm. Living room.

“Sica, open mine first!”

“No! Open mine first!”

“Aish! Shut it you two! She’s opening mine first!”

I sat there with all their presents right in front of me. I let out a long sigh, closed my eyes and blindly picked one up. It was light. I wonder what it could be. I tore the wrapping paper off and couldn’t help but smile at the water gun.

“Thank you Sunny and Taeng,” I said.

“No problem. Just use it when HellSica unleashes,” Sunny said with a smirk.

“SUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” the whole group excluding Seohyun yelled before lightly rapping their knuckles against their head.

“YAH!” she yelled back, trying to hit everyone including Taeng.

I opened up all the presents. Ugh, I can’t believe those two pranksters Hyo and Soo went and got me lingerie. Yoona and Yuri got me a really, big teddy bear. Maknae got me some books on stress relief (aish, am I that stress?) and anger management (okay…that’s understandable) and Tiffany got me…well us, couple rings! Omo! I love this girl to death. Hwang Miyoung, I’m going to make love to you tonight. Not the let’s take it slow make love but the I-love-you-so-damn-much-that-my-heart-will-explode kind of love. Speaking of which, she had disappeared somewhere after sliding my ring onto my hand. Everyone had retired to their rooms, I got up and brought all of the stuff to our room, put them away in a safe place before climbing into our bed with YoonYul’s teddy bear.

**

I came back from downstairs. Manager oppa had stop by with a box full of fanmail. I unlocked the door and slipped quietly. I placed the box down near the kitchen and went to our room to sleep. I paused at our door, hearing Jessica’s voice.

“Yuri, you’re so soft and squishy,” were the words I manage to catch. I tensed up, my heart suddenly started hurting, tears streaming down my face. I went back to the living room, pushed all of the bean bag cushions together, laid down and curled up, crying still. Why Jessi? Why now after two years? Do you not love me anymore?

~~

LOL apologies for the very lengthy chapter. When i was typing this out on Word. It was 6 pages and 2516 words in total. It's just one of those days where author-ssi suddenly has the motivation to write so much. Well I hope you guys enjoy this surprising twist in this story. Hehe, stay tune for the next chapter. I wonder Jessi has to say for herself XD Btw 218,000 won is about $200 CDN/USD