; the time is now

Promise To You

Back at the dorm, there was chaos everywhere well, particularly, in the kitchen…Sunny and Taeyeon were fighting over who was going to prepare the meal while YoonYul were warmly snuggled together on the couch, watching a romance drama as per usual. Hyo and Seo were in their bedroom, having their own couple moments, hopefully something fun, if you know what I mean. Sooyoung was out again, probably hanging out with her friends. Me, well, I was tired. Tomorrow was Tiffany’s surgery and I had to be very prepared for what will happen. I went straight to our room and opened my laptop, opened up the file folder titled “JeTi” and look through our couple pictures. All of them are precious to me. I sigh reluctantly as closed it, got changed into kitty pajamas (shush, Krystal got these for me last year) and crawled into our bed, snuggling with the teddy that YoonYul got me for my birthday. I can still smell Fany’s perfume on it. Her rose-scented perfume. Fany, I miss having you sleeping next to me. It wasn’t long before I drifted off to sleep. I felt someone come in and cover me with my blanket and quietly left.

**

I sat up on my bed, it was morning now. The nurse came in with my breakfast, it was a different one. She had a softer, more approachable look to her, she smiled gently at me and I returned the gesture. I slowly slipped off my bed and picked up the bowl of oatmeal, too bad Jessi isn’t here to eat this for me; I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try some.

“Do you want me to feed you, Ms. Hwang?” the nurse suddenly asked.

I turned towards her voice and examined her closely. My jaw dropped. She was still young, maybe, about my age. I quickly clamped my jaw shut as I set the bowl back down and sat down in the adjacent seat. She smiled again and picked up the bowl, scooping out a small spoonful of oatmeal and moved it towards my face.

“Say ahhh,” she said.

“You really don’t need to feed me, I’m quite capable of doing it myself,” I replied.

“What if I want to? What will you do?”

“I’ll let it slide this time but Jessi won’t be too happy.”

“Ah Jessica Jung, the ice princess. Your lover, I presume?”

“Mhmmm. Your name? It’s not nice that you’re feeding me and I don’t know who you are.”

“My sincere apologies. My name is Oh HyeRin.”

“HyeRin…such a beautiful name.”

I smirked a bit before opening my mouth and letting HyeRin feed me the nasty oatmeal, I scrunched up my face after swallowing. Ugh, now I know why Jessi was reluctant to eat it. Man, hospitals have such expensive equipment but don’t have enough money to get decent cooks. Bleh. Note to self, definitely ask Seohyun to bring me breakfast every day until I get discharged. She brings yet another spoonful to my mouth and I comply, trying not let it touch my tongue. After that, I shook my head no and told her to put it away. There was no way I’m having any more of that. She gets up and heads for the door not before turning around, smiling slightly.

“Are you ready for today?” she asked, frowning a bit.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me,” I replied.

**

My alarm went off as I sluggishly stumbled around our room, looking for my stuff before heading out into the kitchen where Seohyun was preparing kimchi jjigae. She was in the middle of transferring a small portion into a spill-proof container and wrapping up carefully in cling wrap then placed it into an insulated lunch bag along with mash potatoes and peas. I cocked my eyebrow up in curiosity. She looked up at me with a smile. Before scooping some for me, she embraced me in a hug.

“Jessica unnie, may I come with you to the hospital today?” she asked.

“Of course. I’m guessing that food is for Fany?”

“Mhmmm. She texted me after breakfast this morning and asked me to bring breakfast for her every day after her surgery, the breakfast wasn’t as appetizing as she hoped it would.”

I laughed. Serves Fany right for forcing me to eat that nasty hospital oatmeal. Now she knows how disgusting it is. I helped Seohyun packed Tiffany’s lunch and we set off, not before the girls came running down the hall to the elevator with a big GOOD LUCK TIFFANY HWANG card in their miniscule hands. Manager oppa drove up to the dorm in a out sedan and we climbed in.

**

The same nurse came back at noon with some medication, she smiled at me before placing my tray of pills down. I narrowed my eyes at them before picking them up one by one and reluctantly drank them. She smiled again and left with the empty tray. She paused at the door and turned back to me.

“The doctor said you’re free to go out for two hours today, just to relieve any stress or anything, please come back by two thirty,” she said gently.

“Okay, thank you,” I replied.

Yes! I finally go get Jessica what I have been trying to get for last three months but you know how clingy Jessi can be. Finally some alone time! I quickly got up and walked over to my small pile of clothes, pulling out a baggy sweater, some sport sunglasses, gray sweats and black runners. I stuffed my wallet down my sweater’s hidden pocket and left my room. I checked out with the nurse and told her to try and delay anyone coming to visit me, to make up a reasonable excuse to keep them away from my room until I returned. The nurse nodded and I headed to the hospital stairs, knowing Jessi, she’ll take the elevator and I want to avoid running into her. It was a surprise after all. I practically ran down the steps and out the exit, I looked back at the hospital entrance from a distance and saw Jessica and Seohyun getting out the manager oppa’s car. Whew. Thank god I got out just in time. I bolted across the street and down a few small streets until I reached my destination. The door of the jewelry store swung open with a beep beep, the ahjumma at the counter looked and smiled as I pulled my hood and sunglasses off. I smiled back and leaned over the display case of engagement rings. You guys now see why I have to keep this a secret from everyone especially her? Hehehe. There were three rings that caught my eye. The first one was a simple platinum band with a small diamond in the middle. Second one was similar to the first one except the area around the diamond was twisted like tiny platinum vines. Third one was a multi-stone one, it had a medium-size diamond in the middle and then 3 tiny diamonds leading out of the middle on each side. I asked the ahjumma if I have a closer look at each of them. She took them out.

“I like your 3rd choice, Tiffany,” she said. “If she’s a diamond person, she would want the 3rd one. Plus, it would really suit her. I’m not forcing you to buy that one but it’s up to you.”

“Thank you ahjumma. I really think Jessi would like the third one too. How much is it without the engraving?” I asked after much consideration.

“That would be 3,813,697 won. With engraving, it would be an extra 100,000 won.”

“That’s not too bad, I’ll take the third one with engraving for her and the first one with engraving for me. I want it on the inside of both of the rings.”

“Okay, your total will 6,755,652 won. The rings will take 10-15 minutes.”

“Thank you.”

**

We arrived at the entrance and went up to Tiffany’s room with her food. I walked up to the counter to check in and the nurse said that Tiffany was not available for any visits at this time. Huh? That’s weird. Hmmm, maybe she’s getting tests and assessments done before she goes into the surgery room and those nasty nodules removed. Slightly fuming, I walked back to Seohyun and told her what the nurse said. She suggested going down to the cafeteria and waiting there until the nurse gives us the ok to come into Tiffany’s room. I nodded and we headed for the cafeteria. I ordered a caramel coffee while Seohyun ordered a green tea and pulled out her self-improvement books. I shook my head and flipped through my phone. There was message from my sister, Soojung or Krystal.

From: Krystal

How’s Tiffany unnie? :(

To: Krystal

I don’t know. Me and Seohyun aren’t allowed in her room at the moment.

From: Krystal

Really? Why?

To: Krystal

I don’t know. The nurse said she was just unavailable to see any visitors.

From: Krystal

Oh. Is it okay if I come by to see her too?

To: Krystal

Yeah it’s fine. We’re in the cafeteria. Wait…don’t you have a schedule today?

From: Krystal

I finished this morning so I’m free until 6:30PM. See you soon.

To: Krystal

See you pabo.

From: Krystal

JUNG SOOYEON! :@

To: Krystal

Saranghae Jung SooJung (=^3^=)

**

After paying the ahjumma, I bolted from the store and back to my hospital room, running up the stairs, I quickly hid the box with the rings away into my pocket, drew the hood up and used the sunglasses to hide my face just in case, they saw me. I wasn’t paying attention and bumped into someone. She kissed her teeth, I was ready to give her a piece of my mind and raised my fist when I saw it was just Krystal. She sidestepped around me and keep going, heading towards the cafeteria, not before kicking me in the shin. Aish that girl. I checked back in with the nurse and slipped into my room, quickly changing and buried the box in my purse where I know no one will find it. About 10 minutes after Jessi, Seohyun and Krystal came in and gave hugs plus my lunch which I eagerly consumed. A thought lingered in the back of my head as I ate with them watching, was the time right? Does Krystal approve? What about Mr. and Mrs. Jung?

~~

Hi hi author-sshi is back :3
6,755,652 won = $6181 CAD

Okay where I am...it's technically not Tiffany unnie's birthday yet so I'm still early :)
Anyways hope you guys like the chapter. Pic is stolen from Jessica unnie's Weibo ><
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANY FANY TIFFANY HWANG~ SNSD'S SHINING DIAMOND~ *fires leftover fireworks* ow.