; the last thread

Promise To You

50% survival rate...when Dr. Jeong said that, I couldn't hold back any tears; I didn't want lose my Tiffany. She's my everything. My best friend. My sister. My one and only love. I looked at the doctor with pleading eyes. Hoping that she could just write up a prescription and we can leave.

"I’ll give you time to talk to the rest of the girls about your current situation," Dr. Jeong said as she closed Tiffany’s file.

“Thank you, Doctor, when should I call back?” Tiffany asked.

“When the girls have agreed to let you go through with the procedure.”

“Okay thank you.”

As we left, she let out a long sigh; I reached for her hand and held it firmly. Instead of calling a cab, we decided to walk back to the dorm form the hospital. I know it was a far walk but we both were not in the mood to talk to anyone. Especially my lovable puppy. It was a quiet walk home, not a word was uttered, just the urban noise of Seoul around us. It was 2:45PM by the time we got back. The girls were in the living room waiting for the news but they were left hanging with no answer as Fany kicked off her shoes, headed straight for our room and locked the door before I got a chance to step inside. It was understandable. She was fragile at the moment, she needed time process all the things that Dr. Jeong had told her. I sulked and walked out to where the girls were, plopped myself down next to Yoona and instantly fell asleep on her lap, finally succumbing to exhaustion.

**

I hope Tiffany will be okay. She didn’t even look at us when she came in. She even went as far to lock poor Sica out of their room who is now sleeping on my Yoong! My Yoongie! Kwon Yuri, this is not a time to be getting jealous. I just want to know what happened at the hospital that made them like this.

**

Tiffany hwaiting! Please be okay. I got up and walked down to JeTi’s room. I knocked twice and waited.

“Fany-ah, it’s TaeTae, open up,” I said softly.

“Go away!” she screamed.

“Fany, let me in, don’t suffer alone…”

There was a bit of shuffling inside before I heard the click of the lock and the white door swung open to reveal a puffy-eyed Tiffany Hwang. Before I got to say anything, she fell into me, wrapping her arms around my waist, resting her head on my shoulder sniffling. I lead her back into her room, sat her down on her bed and rubbed her back for comfort.

“Taeng, I won’t survive,” she croaked.

“Survive what, Fany?” I gently asked.

“The surgery, I have nodules in my throat and they’re affecting my singing and my voice overall but Dr. Jeong said I have a 50-50 chance…”

I stiffened up after she trailed off. Oh man, I absolutely cannot tell the girls this. They’ll be so devastated. If she goes through the surgery, she has a fighting chance that she’ll be able to sing again. Also, she might not even make it. Aish, Taeng, do not think negatively. This is Fany Fany Tiffany we’re talking about. She has the strongest will than anyone I know! It’s best if she tells them and not me. The bedroom door shut with a click and I looked up to see Jessica towering over me. I got up, eased the sleeping puppy off onto their bed and quietly left, leaving the two alone together.

**

“Fany, I don’t want to lose you, I will never love any other person except you. Fany, you’re the one for me. You’re the fire to my ice. The puppy to my kitty. The ups for my downs. Even though, we’re complete opposites, you complement me so well. Pretty funny how we were born in the same hospital in L.A. too. You see Fany, you can never leave me, you got that?” I whispered in her ear as I slid into bed next to her and wrapped my arms around her protectively.

~~

Just a short update LOL :3 
I'll have a full chapter update soon (work is murdering me!)
The chapter image is a foreshadow of chapter 15, it'll mainly in Sica's POV