; the prankster and the frog

Promise To You

I awoke to the shuffling next to me and I looked over at Hyoyeon unnie. She was tossing and turning in her sleep again. I placed my hand on her shoulder as to calm her. In response, she sat upright and opened her eyes which lead me to screaming in surprise. She turned and looked at me, then smiled, placing one of her hands on my cheeks, watching me to see how I would react to her touch before leaning in and gently kissed me on my lips. I kissed back and felt her grin mischievously before breaking away. She reached under our bed, pulled out a medium-sized box wrapped up with glittery, gold gift paper and placed in my lap.

“Happy Birthday Seo Juhyun,” she said.

“Unnie! You shouldn’t have!” I cried as I picked up the box, shaking it gently to figure what was inside.

“Aish, drop the formalities already Hyunnie, I’m your girlfriend, be more casual.”

“But…”

“No buts. We agreed to no formalities two months ago, pabo.”

I chuckled nervously then returned my attention to the gift, I gently peeled back the wrapping to reveal the box underneath, once all of the wrapping came off, I moved on to the the box, lifting the lid, I found a red heart pillow with a letter from her. I picked it up and began reading it as she quietly observed me.

To my Keroro and goguma-loving girlfriend,

                Today is your 22nd birthday. You have grown up to be an amazing woman and to be honest, the nurturing mother for all of us even though you’re the maknae. You’re always the first one to comfort us when we’re feeling down or just need someone to talk to. I know the whole girlxgirl thing is still relatively new to you but I promise to be the best girlfriend that I can be :]

                I know you’re stressing about Tiffany’s current condition and I know you’ve been trying your best to find some helpful remedies for so she can feel better. None of us are feeling that well either but it’s the first time I’ve seen so exhausted. Please let me take care of you in return and enjoy what I planned for today. Happy Birthday. There’s two more boxes in this box hehehehe. Open the pillow.

Love,

                Hyo

I placed the letter on the lid and picked up the pillow, carefully ped it and pulled out another box then opened it to reveal a Keroro sweater, I blushed even though I was long over Keroro but of course, Hyo knows that I wasn’t over that frog just yet and I flipped over to see that my name and my number printed on the back and lined with small metal studs. I placed it off to the side before reaching back into the box and took the last box which was smaller than the rest, I gently opened the lid and saw a silver band studded with little diamonds, I gasped and quickly covered my mouth, I felt the tears slowing sliding down my face. Hyo leaned over and wiped them away before kissing me gently on the cheek. She took the ring out and slid it onto my finger. Subconsciously I leaned over and hugged her tightly.

“Hyo…thank you…” I whispered.

“It was nothing, Hyunnie, I got it engraved too,” she replied.

“Really?”

“Look inside.”

I took the ring off and looked inside. There it was. Seo Juhyun + Kim Hyoyeon 12.09.08. I cried again. She was more than a girlfriend. She was my sister and my best friend. I felt her wrap herself around me and kissed me again.

“Hyo…” I murmured.

“Mhmm?” she replied.

“Thank you…I love you.”

“I love you too Hyunnie.”

~~

LOL yet another short update. Shut up, it's maknae's birthday so this is chapter is for her and her ONLY. Chapter 17 will be when Tiffany confronts the girls and tell them of her decision.