; miyoung! hwaiting!

Promise To You

It was time. Time to go tell the girls about what was going on. I sat up, Jessica slowly sat up from my chest, her breathing slightly hitched, she was nervous and scared for me, and I looked down at her hands. They were shaking violently. Poor Jessi. She was always like this when it comes to me. I stood up and pulled her up then wrapped her in my warm embrace. She balled her hands into fists and began to beat me lightly on the shoulders not before she burst into tears yet again. She pushed me away gently and went back to our bed, curling up like a little baby, completely helpless. Watching her do so, killed me inside but if I don’t get this procedure done, I might as well walk into the President’s office with my resignation letter and explain to him why I was doing so. Sighing sadly, I sat down next to her and reached out. She slapped my hand away. Jessi…please, let me comfort you. Please. I thought you would understand. Earlier, you were okay with my decision so why are you refusing to let me go now? Suddenly she lunged at my arm and bit down on it hard, I bit my bottom lip to withstand the pain that now shot up my left arm and looked down at her with a shocked expression.

“Jessi…please…let…go…” I gasped.

She let go.

“Sorry Hwangie, I had to,” she replied with an evil smirk. “Let’s go!”

She got up and skipped her out of our room. I shook my head as followed her out to the living room. I examined my arm and found that her sharp teeth had broken through my first layer of skin which of course, resulted with a thin trail of blood sliding down. I sighed again as I head into the bathroom to wash and dressed it. I walked out into the kitchen and eyed the dumplings on the table, using a spare fork; I placed four of them down on my plate and slowly ate. Taeyeon gently placed her hand down on my shoulder and squeezed.

“I guess Jessi didn’t like your decision, judging from your bandaged arm,” she said.

“I don’t know, Taeng, she was okay with it then she had one of her mood swings and lunged at me like a wild animal then bit me,” I said pouting.

“Yah! Your fault, Fany. Your unleashed my inner feline,” Jessi shouted from the living room.

“Pabo! Control your mood swings!”

“Fany, everyone’s here now. Do you want to tell us what’s going on?” Taeyeon asked carefully.

“Tiffany unnie, what happen at the hospital?” Maknae asked carefully.

“Fany…” everyone else chimed in.

Jessi at that point was by my side, gently massaging my shoulders, attempting to loosen me up and keep me from freaking out before I tell the girls anything. Taking a couple of deep breathes and placing one of my hands gently on Jessi’s, I began to tell them what happened when I went to see Dr. Jeong. I couldn’t look at them. None of them. I didn’t want to see them cry. It was just too much for me. I took one more breath before telling them the bad news.

“I’m going to do the surgery,” I calmly announced.

I looked up when I heard sniffling. Maknae was gripping tightly to Hyoyeon’s arm, cutting off blood circulation, it’s turning blue almost. I looked around, tears falling from my eyes as well. I felt someone hug me tightly. Her tears soaking my shirt, her body spray reached my nose, it was Jessi. I wrapped her in my arms then lifted her bridal style, carried her over to the beanbag chairs and sat down, cradling her in my lap.

“Tiffany unnie…are you positively sure you want to go through with it?” Maknae asked.

“Neh, I have to. For you girls. For our president. For the company. If I don’t do it…then I have to quit,” I replied softly.

“It’s that bad?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah…*cough*…it hurts to talk *cough*let alone sing.”

“Take it easy. Here drink some water,” Yuri said as she handed me a cup of lukewarm water with lemon.

“Thanks.”

“Unnie, I’m okay with it. We’ll pray for you,” Maknae said after some time.

I smiled then looked at all of the girls. Taeyeon stuck her arm out and everyone followed suit, piling theirs on top of our kid leader’s. She grinned before shouting.

“RIGHT NOW IT’S -”

“GIRLS’ GENERATION!” we shouted.

“FOREVER IT’S -”

“GIRLS’ GENERATION!”

“TIPPANY! TIPPANY!”

“HWANG MIYOUNG! HWANG MIYOUNG! HWANG MIYOUNG! HWAITING! HWAITING! HWAITING!”

I couldn’t help but burst into tears of happiness as the girls kept cheering my name. It was a good choice to come to Seoul after all. I have a family here too. These 8 girls. They are my life. They are the very reason I am where I am today. Umma…you were always worried about me growing up. I was your baby girl. Your youngest of three children. You worried. Umma, you can stop worrying now. Look at the family I have now. Everyone looks after me especially Jessi. I wish you could have met her, umma. She’s the sweetest girl you would have ever met. You’re probably smiling down at me at this very moment, aren’t you, umma?

**

The next 2 weeks were hard for all of us. Especially me. Every night I pray to god to protect my Tiffany as she gets ready to go to the hospital for the surgery. I placed the last pair of jeans into her bag, zipped it up and brought it to the door. I stood there waiting for her to finish hugging all of the girls then we left. Manager oppa was waiting outside our dorm. The sun had set. It was better that way. I don’t need paparazzi sticking their noses into our private lives. The ride there was quiet, Fany gently gripping my hand, squeezing every now and then. She then brought it up to her lips and gently kissed it a couple of times. She looked up at me and I returned a soft, subtle smile which resulted with an eye smile from my puppy. She nuzzled my hand gently before sitting back up then leaned over the armrest separating us to give a small peck on the cheek.

“Sica, Fany, we’re here. Do you need some help with your stuff?” Manager oppa asked as he parked the car in front of the hospital entrance.

“No but thank you oppa,” she replied. “Let’s go, Sica.”

“Fany…hwaiting!”

“Thanks oppa.”

“Take good care of her, Sica.”

“I will, oppa,” I replied.

Taking Tiffany’s bag and hand, I lead her up to Dr. Jeong’s office to check in and register her for the extended hospital stay. Dr. Jeong explained to us when the surgery will be and how the process proceeded. I listened attentively even though it was quite sickening; I looked over at Fany as she nodded her head and jot down any specific instructions for the healing process after the surgery. Things to avoid eating or drinking, etc. I wasn’t paying attention anymore but I know she was scared inside. Who wouldn’t be? Surgery with a 50-50 chance of survival was scary no doubt. We shook Dr. Jeong and thanked her. She left room and a nurse came in to show us Tiffany’s room. Luckily, she was going to be alone with me. I got to thank oppa when we come back to SM. Maybe get him a coffee or buy him lunch. It’s not easy to get the single rooms in this hospital as it was very expensive and no guarantees that paparazzi will come knocking the door down but I will do anything to help her, recover faster. I mean anything.

By the time we got settled, it was 11:36PM. I sat down in the swivel chair while she changes into those ugly hospital gowns. It was mandatory that all hospital patients wear them. She came to me silently and motioned for me to tie the strings on the gown for her. I smirked as she turned her back and grabbed her cheek. She squealed and slapped my hand then pouted angrily at me before slapping me some more. I chuckled then slid my hands up her thighs. She was fuming now and angrily stomped over to her bed, crawled in and buried herself under the thin blanket. I leaned back on the chair satisfied that I got her feeling all wet down there. I moved my chair so that I was right next to her bed and gently placed my hand on her shoulder; she threw the top half of the blanket off and looked deep into my hazelnut eyes.

“Can’t you wait until I’m better?” she asked before coughing lightly.

“Fany…we haven’t done it for so long and I hate waiting,” I whined.

“You’re such a , Sica. is the only thing you want lately,” she said with a mocking tone.

“Fany! You neglected me!”

“Be. A. Good. Girl. Then I’ll think about it. Could you wait 3 more weeks, my Jessicat?”

“*sighs* Fine.”

“Good girl. No cheating on me with any of the other girls. Or else…”

“Or else what?”

“Not telling you. Now turn off the lights for me. I’m sleeping. Good night Sica. Feel free to slip in if you like but no me in my sleep, byuntae.”

With that she turned away and lulled herself to sleep, humming Caramel Coffee. I walked over to the light switch, flicked the lights off, went over to the chair but decided to kick my sneakers off and slip in next to her. She quickly turned around and tightly embraced me with her arms, curled up close to my chest and fell asleep as I her head. Fany, my puppy. Forever my little puppy. Saranghaeyo.

~~

Ahnyoung! Whew! I'm back :) Anyone miss me? ;D
Yay long, somewhat lengthy chapter update tehehehehe.
Next chapter...is...Tiffany's...*pew pew*...just kidding. You thought I was going to tell you? :P
Oh before I go...KAMSAMNIDA TO ALL THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS! *fires extra fireworks* ow. ow. 

**

Okay fine...just a small...tiny...tiny...preview?

"Jessi, stay strong. I'll live. I promise."

"Fany, don't leave me. Fight for me. Fight for me..."

"I'll be fine. Jessi, don't cry."