chapter 9

Never too late

 “kyuhyun-ah!! Nabi-ah~!!!”

Changmin entered the house practically jumping.

“Why are you home so early?” kyuhyun asked tearing his gaze away from the television.

“Does abounim know you are here?” nabyul asked coming in view.

“appa was the one who give me permission.” Changmin answered.

nabyul glared at changmin with arms crossed, she was clearly not buying it.

“I’m not lying this time. You can call appa and ask him.” Changmin said assuring that he was telling the truth.

It wasn’t nabyul’s fault that she was suspicious. Changmin had lied like this far too many times.

Nabyul sighed.

“You better not lie again.” She said.

“Okay okay. Now hurry up and get ready you two.”

“Where are we going?” kyuhyun asked.

“Just somewhere special.” Changmin answered with a smile.

“Now go get ready. Come on.” He pushed kyuhyun towards his room.

“stop pushing me. I can walk myself.” kyuhyun said as he went to change.

Changmin turned around and faced nabyul.

“go on. You too.” He said waving her to go.

Nabyul shook her head.

“arasso.” She said and went to the room she shared with changmin.

Nabyul took a bath and opened her wardrobe.

She looked through the clothes and took out a lemon colored sundress that jiyeon, changmin’s sister, gifted her on her birthday.

Nabyul slipped into the dress and examined herself in the mirror.

‘jiyeon has a good taste. I should take her with me next time I go shopping.’

Nabyul then quickly applied some light makeup and let her hair fall down her shoulders.

“nabi-ah! Hurry up. We are ready to go.” Changmin called from the living room.

“coming oppa!” Nabyul answered while wearing her black flats.

 She looked at her reflection one last time before dashing out.

 

 

“GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY~!!!”

“oppa don’t dance while driving.” Nabyul said over the loud sound of the music.

“SO NYUH SHI DAE JJANG!” changmin screamed while raising his right hand in the air.

“are you in a concert? YAH SHIM CHANGMIN!” kyuhyun said.

Nabyul groaned. Usually driving with changmin wasn’t this noisy but whenever he would be in a good mood things would get a little out of control.

Finally the song ended and kyuhyun took the CD out and throw it out the window before the next song played.

“YAHHH! MY SNSD ALBUM~!!” changmin screamed in shock. “why did you did that? It costed me a whole hour to download all the songs illegally and burn them on a disk.”

“why not just buy one?” kyuhyun asked.

“because they don’t sell a ‘changmin’s list of top ten snsd songs’ version.”Nabyul answered instead because she had heard it far too many times.

“exactly.” Changmin said.

“wait. We aren’t going to a snsd concert are we?” kyuhyun asked in horror.

“relax. Snsd are in japan at the moment so sadly no. where I’m taking you is a secret.” Changmin answered putting a finger on his lips.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while nabyul looked outside the window.

‘I wonder where oppa is taking us.’

Nabyul looked over at kyuhyun who sitting in the front seat.

Before coming, the three had a nice long argument of who was going to sit on the passenger’s seat. Changmin wanted kyuhyun to sit there because that was how they always sat when they were young.

Kyuhyun or changmin driving, the other one sitting in the passenger’s seat and nabyul at the back.

But kyuhyun wanted nabyul to sit in the front as she was changmin’s wife now. But in the end changmin won and kyuhyun had to sit in the front.

Nabyul gazed at kyuhyun’s handsome side line. Even in his casual attire he looked flawless.

‘why do you keep pushing me away?’

Just then kyuhyun gazed over at nabyul making a sudden eye contact.

Nabyul looked away feeling embarrassed.

‘it’s like he can read my mind.’