chapter 4

Never too late

I changed the story line a little bit so to make it clear it wasnt that nabyul didnt confessed, there was just something that happened between them that made everything turn out this way. i dont want to reveal to much ^^

as always the thoughts will be coloured and italic!!! enjoy.


Nabyul was in the basement with a paintbrush in one hand and gazing at the blank sheet in front of her. Whenever she was bored she would come here and paint whatever came to her mind but today she didn’t know what to draw. She suddenly had too many thoughts about kyuhyun.

‘Why am I thinking about him?’

Just then he heard the voice of her husband calling her.

“nabi-ah! Where are you? I have a surprise for you.”

Nabyul sighed as she stood up.

“oppa! You didn’t bring the parrot home.  Did you?” nabyul asked with a loud voice so it would reach changmin.

She made her way to the living room.

“I thought I told you to take it to an-“ nabyul came to an abrupt stop as she saw a man’s back facing at her standing in the living room with changmin.

She tilted her head in confusion.

‘who is he?’

Her question was answered when the guy turned around and faced her with a smile.

“nabi-ah!”  he called out to her with his angel like voice.

Her eyes widened.

“o-oppa-”

The guy didn’t answered instead stepped forward and tightly hugged her.

“I missed you nabi.”

Nabyul didn’t even move.

“nabyul? You okay?” he asked as he saw her pale face.

Without a single word nabyul let go of his hold and rushed out of the room.

Kyuhyun stood there with surprise.

Changmin took hold of his bestfriends shoulder.

“she must be shocked to see you here. Don’t worry just give her time.” He said comforting him.

‘I hope’

 

 

 

Nabyul stood with her back resting on the door.

Her eyes were tightly closed to hold back the tears.

‘why did he come back now?’

She thought tightly clutching her butterfly necklace.

The shock of him standing in front of her was so big that she didn’t thought twice and fled the scene.

She was glad she did it or else she would break down right there.

That’s why she rushed to her room and locked herself in it.

‘it was hard on me when he was away. What am I going to do now?’

Deep down inside a part of her was happy seeing him after these years but she wouldn’t accept that.

‘calm down han nabyul.’  

Then it hit her. She wasn’t han nabyul anymore she was shim nabyul. She had married changmin and promised to love him and only him.

A tear slip down her cheek.

‘he is just a friend now nabyul. The one who is truly for you is changmin oppa.’

She told herself with a heavy heart.

‘what will changmin oppa think? Do you want him to be suspicious? Just pick yourself up.’

She wiped her tears.

‘now you will go downstairs and say that you were only shocked to see him and was mad for showing up so late.’

But nabyul knew it would be hard.

She walked over to the mirror and examined her face for any tear marks.

She didn’t want them to know she cried. It will grow more suspiciousness.

Nabyul put a smile on her face and unlocked the door.

She slowly went down the stairs.

She saw kyuhyun and changmin sitting in the living room.

She took a deep breath and approached them.

“nabi-ah!” changmin noticed her.

Kyuhyun’s head shot at her direction making eye contact.

Concern washed over his face.

Nabyul ignored it and sat down besides changmin on the couch.

“sorry I rushed out. I was just shocked. I needed a minute.” Nabyul explained trying hard not to let her voice crack. His presence alone made her weak.

“are you fine now nabi-ah?” kyuhyun asked.

Hearing him call her with that nickname made her heart beat fast.

She slightly nodded.

“I was mad. Why did you decided to show up now? You should have stayed in the U.S. it’s not like you care about us anyway.” Nabyul said trying not to sound so fierce.

What she said were her true feelings and it had a hidden meaning.

“are you still mad?” kyuhyun asked.

‘I’m not mad I’m hurt.’ She thought looking away.

“of course she is still mad. you didn’t even bother to show up at our wedding. “ changmin answered for her.

“guys I did send you your wedding presents.” Kyuhyun said trying to cheer up the atmosphere.

“as much as I loved the LCD, the refrigerator, the game console and gift card for that expensive beauty salon for nabi and the-”

“okay okay. Wow you didn’t had to remember all the presents.” Kyuhyun said cutting him off.

“my point is all the presents didn’t mean anything. We just wanted you to be there.” Changmin finshed.

“you didn’t liked my presents?”

“of course not. We loved the gifts but all we wanted was you to come.” Nabyul answered.

Although she knew if he would had come to their wedding things wouldn’t turn out quite like this but she didn’t liked to think about it because he didn’t came so there was no point thinking about the if’s.

“guys I was busy. I wouldn’t have missed it for something unimportant. I really wanted to come but I couldn’t.” kyuhyun explained.

Only half of it was true.

He was busy but he forced work on himself to stop thinking about their wedding.

How could he go and watch his first love say ‘I do’ to his best friend.

He just couldn’t watch that.

Hopefully changmin bought the excuse.

But nabyul knew.

He didn’t show up because he had given up.

Given up on her and their love.


so what do you guys think? please comment.

i really like this fanfic but i cant help but think that you guys dont actually like it or even read it.

oh well it only has 4 chapters so its too early to judge right?

please comment and subscribe!!! ^^