chapter 13

Never too late

‘Okay now, deep breath.’ Maehri told herself.

‘You can do this. Just don’t come off too strong and scare him away like in the past.’

With that she ranged the doorbell. She heard footsteps approaching and some grunting and knew exactly who it was.

The door opened and there stood changmin. His expression turned into a bored one when he saw Maehri.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Is that what you say to a guest standing on your door?” she walked pass him and entered through the door.

“Hey! I haven’t let you in.” changmin whined. He wanted to annoy his cousin just a little.

Maehri ignored him and entered the house. There she was greeted by nabyul.

“Oh! Hello, Maehri. How are you?” Nabyul asked.

“I’m fine. Nabyul.” Maehri replied.

“What are you doing here?” changmin asked coming up from behind.

“Well I heard kyuhyun oppa came back from the U.S so I decided why not meet him. It’s been a while.” Maehri answered trying her hard to sound casual.

“She came here for kyuhyun only. Tell her to take kyuhyun and get out from my house.” Changmin said to nabyul who in return gave him a look. “behave.” She said and turned to Maehri with a smile, “wait here while I call kyuhyun oppa.”

Maehri nodded and so she and changmin were left alone in the living room.

“Still not over him?” changmin asked with a cheesy smile.

“Am I that obvious?” Maehri answered with a question of her own.

“Well considering how in the last four years you showed up in this house only three times, not at all.” Changmin answered sarcastically.

Maehri took a deep breath, ‘I can’t believe I’m doing this.’

“I need you to help me with kyuhyun.” She stated.

“What’s in it for me?” changmin asked with a poker face.

“Don’t you want to see your cousin happily married?” she asked with a frown.

“If you two get married, I would get to see your face every single day and believe me, my life is way better without it.” Changmin answered playfully.

Maehri rolled her eyes. “The project uncle has assigned you and me, I will do all the work for it.” she suggested.

Changmin thought for a second then a smile slowly grew on his lips. “Okay. It’s a deal.”

Maehri sighed in relief. it wasn’t that she was desperate to the point she needed Changmin’s help. Oh no, that was not it. She knew that if she didn’t get changmin on her side, he would do anything in his power to up her love life because that was the kind of annoying brat of a cousin changmin was.

 

 

 

 

Nabyul approached the guestroom better known as kyuhyun’s room.

She held up her hand to knock but the door was slightly opened so she peeked in.

“Kyuhyun oppa?” the room was empty.

Nabyul stepped in and observed the room, which she cleaned this morning. A person would be surprise as to how quickly it was all messed up again but knowing kyuhyun, nabyul just sighed.

She picked up a shirt lying on the floor.

‘Is this clean?’ she asked herself and brought the piece of clothing to her nose.

Kyuhyun’s scent intoxicated her mind almost instantly.

Just then the door to the bathroom opened and revealed kyuhyun in nothing but sweatpants.

His milky white skin and well-build body, it might be nothing special but to nabyul no other man was in compare to kyuhyun, not even her husband changmin. His hairs were wet indicating he just came out of the shower.

Nabyul stood there frozen at the sight.

“Nabi? What are you doing here?” kyuhyun asked with a questioning look.

“Umm I came to call you. Someone is here to meet you.” nabyul answered not meeting his eyes.

“Me? Who is it?” he asked then pointed to the shirt nabyul was holding. “Pass me the shirt.”

“This one is dirty.” Nabyul pointed. “So?” Kyuhyun tilted his head in confusion.

Nabyul give him a look. “You just came out of the shower. Why on earth would you wear a dirty shirt that stinks?” kyuhyun just shrugged.

Nabyul rolled her eyes. “hopeless.” She dug into his closet to look for a clean shirt. “How did you even lived alone for four years?” she pulled out a bright orange t-shirt and handed over to him. “Wear this.”

“But it’s too bright.” Kyuhyun made a face. “Orange suits you. Now wear it.” nabyul reasoned.

The latter sighed and slipped into the shirt.

“So you didn’t answer my question. Who is here to meet me?”

“Maehri. Shim Maehri.” Nabyul answered.

“Changmin’s cousin? Why is she here?” kyuhyun questioned.

“Well you came back after four years so it’s only natural for anyone to want to meet you.”

“She is too clingy. Remember how she used to like me in the past. And one time when I told her I liked you, she pushed you in the swimming pool.” Kyuhyun said. “She clearly was no joke.”

“You can take this time to return her feelings.” Nabyul said in a small voice. She wasn’t sure why she said that.

Kyuhyun’s expressions darkened. “Is that what you want me to do?”

Nabyul slightly nodded.

“Okay then. I will ask her out. But don’t tell me to fall in love with her because that spot is only for you.” with that he exited the room leaving nabyul dumbfounded.

‘Is he trying to joke around? How could he say that.’