chapter 8

Never too late

‘he didn’t run off again did he?’

Mr. shim , the president of the company, was in his office which was exactly opposite to changmin’s.

 The walls weren’t exactly opaque but were made of glass so his father could see every move changmin made.

Changmin was wearing his reading glasses and held a document in one hand and a pen in the other.

It seemed like he was marking something on it.

Mr. shim looked at his son and a smile grew on his lips.

“he is actually getting some work done.” He said to himself.

“changmin-ah!” ara called out entering his office.

Changmin looked up from the document with a serious expression.

“wow you are doing it again.” Ara stated crossing her arms.

“you mean working? Then yes Ms.cho we come here to work not play around.” He said.

“no I mean you deceiving appa again.” Ara said.

Changmin’s eyes widened.

“noona?! He has ears like a bat. He can hear us.” He said in a hushed voice.

Ara rolled her eyes.

“where is the document I give you, jongmin?” she asked.

“you said to get it signed by hyung so I put it on his desk.” Jongmin answered.

“so did you sign it, changmin?” she asked looking towards him.

“sign what?” changmin asked oblivious to the situation.

“ugh!!” ara made her way to his desk.

there were documents scattered everywhere.

She searched in the pile then a document caught her eyes.

“there it is.” Ara said smiling in victory as she took it from changmin’s hands.

“WHAT IS THIS?” she screeched when looking at it.

She held up the paper with a shocked expression.

The document which she spent the whole day working on was now covered with different drawings that looked like were made by a six year old.

Truth was, for the past one hour changmin had been what looked like working on a specific document. But he was actually just doodling on ara’s work.

“hey look. guess I did sign it.” Changmin smiled pointing at the document.

And so ara punched him hard.

“noona?! Not in the office. I have a reputation here.” Changmin said.

Ara was fuming.

“you…how could you-”she took a deep breath.

“this time I will be the mature one and walk away.” She said forcing to calm down.

And so she exited the room and closed the door with a bang.

Changmin blew a raspberry.

“when will I get out? Is appa still in the office” he asked jongmin.

“hyung, he is looking at you.” jongmin answered after taking a glance at the CEO.

changmin sat up straight and took a blank paper and scaned through it as if it had something important written on it.

“is he still looking?” he asked under his breath.

“ he is talking on the phone now but he is still looking.” Jongmin answered.

“how about now?” changmin asked a second later.

“hyung, he is coming over here.” Jongmin said with panic in his voice.

The door opened and in came Mr. shim.

“how is my CEO-in-training doing?” he asked.

changmin looked up meeting his eyes.

“well I am working.” He answered.

“what did you do with ara? She looked really mad.” Mr. shim asked.

“well she is always like that. Poor noona needs a boyfriend really bad.” changmin answered with a cheeky smile.

“your mother arranges dates for her but you know how she is.” Mr. shim said shaking his head.

Changmin nodded.

“appa! Can I go home early today?” he asked.

“no.”

“appa~!!! Please!!! I did a lot of work today just like you wanted.” Changmin said while pouting.

‘my aegyo can win it all.’

“you came in late and now you want to go home early? And that was cute when you were six.” Mr. shim answered.

“appa~!! I wanted to take nabi and kyuhyun out today.” Changmin said. He didn’t plan anything but he knew that his father would give in after hearing his beloved nabyul and kyuhyun’s name. “and I will always be cute.”

Mr. shim rolled his eyes. “okay. And that’s only because of nabyul and kyuhyun. And bring those two for dinner on Friday. Your mother will come back from her trip then.”

“okay okay. Saranghae appa-yah~!!!” changmin said while making a heart shape with his hands.

“and to say you will be the CEO.” Mr. shim said and went out.

Changmin smiled in victory.

‘it’s not a bad idea. Maybe I should take them out.’