chapter 12

Never too late

“Hello my name is Cho Ahra, nice to meet you.”

The man sitting upfront smiled and nodded.  

Ahra sipped her drink. Mrs. Shim called her earlier this morning and told her to go on a blind date. It was the third time this month but she just couldn’t decline. After her parents died, the Shim family took Ahra and kyuhyun in. so to her Mrs. Shim was like a mother and she knew she cared about her.

“So I heard you’re the head of the creative department at your father’s company, right?” the man asked.

Ahra sighed. “Yes. I am. And you’re a lawyer?”

“Yes. I’m a lawyer.” The man answered. “Maybe you know this already but being a lawyer-”

“I have a boyfriend.” Ahra cut him off right at the middle.

“Excuse me?” the man asked with a confused expression.

“I said I already have a boyfriend. Sorry for wasting your time but my mother didn’t know so she set me up on a date.”  Ahra stood up and left the man open-mouthed.

‘Why did I say that?’ she thought.

Truth was she didn’t have a boyfriend but she didn’t know herself why she lied to the guy.

Shrugging it off she prepared to go back to the office as she still had work to do.

‘I really don’t have time for a love life.’

 

 

 

 

“Cho Ahra.” Ahra looked up from her laptop to see Mrs. Shim standing upfront in her room with a hard expression. Ahra knew she was in trouble. “Yes mother?”

“I have a boyfriend? That’s the best you could come up with?” Mrs. Shim asked sarcastically. “Ahra, how am I suppose to help you if you won’t let me?”

“I’m fine. I really don’t need a boyfriend.” Ahra insisted.

“What do you take me as? Do you think after all these years I won’t be able to tell when you are lying?” Mrs. Shim asked.

“But I really am not ly-”

“Nonsense. All you do is work. Honey, tell me what’s wrong. Day by day you are turning into a robot.”

Ahra looked down in shame. Mrs. Shim was right about this part.

“I was always like this mother.” Mrs. Shim shook her head.

“No, once you were a bright and cheerful girl.”

Ahra looked up. “I don’t remember. I don’t want to remember.” Mrs. Shim knew what she meant. It all went down to one person; the reason Ahra wasn’t the same anymore, the reason why she refused to get together with any guy.

Carefully she patted Ahra’s head.

“Dear, it’s been seven years now. It’s time to move on.”

“I can’t. He was everything to me. How can I just forget?” Ahra answered with tears slipping from her eyes.

“Look at nabyul, look at how strong she is. She also lost her brother. But she isn’t living her life like a robot without feelings.” Mrs. Shim said.

“Nabyul has changmin and kyuhyun. It was easy for her to replace him but how can I? For me there was only him. I don’t care if seven or seventy years pass. I will NEVER replace him.” Ahra said.

Mrs. Shim didn’t know what to do anymore. She raised ahra like her daughter and so seeing her so being so fragile pained her.

“Don’t replace him, just try to move on. Dear.”

“I can’t. It’s just impossible.” Ahra answered, shaking her head.

‘I can never forget you. Han Taesun.’

 

 

 

 

“Father?” the lady called out as she entered the office.

“Shim Maeri?” the guy voiced out.

“Changmin? Oh how are you?” Maeri asked her cousin without any greetings.

“Are you allergic to talking with formal-language? It’s changmin oppa.” Changmin corrected.

“Yeah yeah. What are you doing here?” she asked. “There was a meeting here so I decided to say hello.”

“You don’t usually show up to meetings. Why now?” Maeri asked raising a brow.

“Appa came with me so in other words, I was forced.” Changmin answered.

Just then his phone rang.

“What is it?...If you want me to come early, then call appa. He will listen to you.” Changmin said talking to the person on the other line.

Maeri looked over at him. “Who was it?”

“huh? Kyuhyun. He wants me to go home early because I hid his game console so he wouldn’t be able to play while was at the office working.” Changmin answered.

Maeri’s eyes widened at the mention of kyuhyun.

“He is back? In Korea?”

Changmin nodded. “Well I have to go now. He will turn my room upside down if he doesn’t find it. Later.”

Maeri stood there deep in thought that she didn’t even hear her cousin say his goodbyes and leave.

‘Kyuhyun is back? This is fate giving me a second chance. I have to take advantage of it. This time there is no one in between us. This is what I have been waiting for.’

 


hey guys. I'm just so sorry for not updating for a while but inmy defense i have written about the next 5 chapters on my notebook so just need to upload it.

and hey two new charcters in one chapter? progress right? I didn't wanted to just focus on kyuhyun-nabyul-changmin so I added ahra's story as a sub-plot.

and yes, Han Taesun is nabyul's brother (try guessing which actor I imagined as this character?) and Shim Maeri is changmin's cousin.

and also subscribe and comment ^_^

-Admin E