Supporting

Bitter Smiles

The next day, Kris was quietly sitting in his office. His patient was going to be 30 minutes late, so he decided to use that time to research more about brain tumour. As he was reading through the documentary, the door of his office suddenly burst open and a tall figure came in.

“Ayoo waddup Kreaseeeeeeeee!” A smugly voice snickered.

Kris rolled his eyes and leaned back into his chair, “Tao, do you have any idea where this place is?”

“Of course I do~” Tao grinned and sat down on the chair opposite of Kris. “It’s a hospital, duh!”

“And what are you doing in the hospital?” Kris asked.

Tao stayed quiet for a moment before putting his arm on the table. “I’m sick!” He dramatically put his other hand on his forehead.

“Oh really now?” Kris smirked. “Then should we take your blood for examining?”

“Eeeks!” Tao let out an unmanly squeak and pulled his hand back. “Don’t you dare! Ain’t no one touching my body.”

“How did you even get in here?” Kris shook his head. “Where’s Secretary Hong?”

“Hongie? Oh she wasn’t at the table before, probably gone to get a cup of coffee or something.” Tao shrugged.

“So why are you here?” Kris asked his best friend.

“I’m bored,” the latter responded while pouting.

Kris bit the inside of his cheeks. “And where’s Gina?”

“That woman went shopping with her friends and didn’t invite me! Can you believe it? She actually has friends!” Tao pretended to gasp.

“And so you decide to come and bother me while I’m working?”

“Yup yup!” Tao nodded without hesitation. “Let’s go shopping, Kris hyung.”

Kris stared at the younger guy with a raised brow, “So now you’re calling me hyung?”

“Of course I have to call you hyung,” Tao blinked innocently. “You’re older than me.”

Kris rolled his eyes, “Yeah right. I can’t go shopping with you today, I have work.”

Tao sniffled, “But G-Gucci… Krissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss~”

“Nope don’t even try.”

“Hyuuunggggg~” Tao stood up and wiped away his nonexistent tears. “I’ll do it!”

“Don’t you dare.”

Tao bought his fists to his cheek and flashed a sunflower smile, “Buing buing~ Come shopping with me, buing buing!”

Kris sat there, not responding. Tao frowned and tried again, “Buing buing~”

“Yeah not working,” Kris shrugged.

Tao’s jaw dropped, “But I just did buing buing!”

“And?” Kris asked.

“It always worked!” Tao gasped.

“Yeah it did,” Kris smirked, “When you were 5.”

Tao sniffled and stomped to the door, “You don’t love me anymore do you?!”

Kris rolled his eyes at his best friend’s horrible dramatic acting. “Actually, I never did.”

Tao shrieked, “Well them I’m leaving! HMPH!”

“… Don’t forget to close the door.”

“YAH!” Tao whirled around and pointed his finger at Kris. “What kind of friend are you?!”

Kris snickered, “Actually, that’s the question I’ve been asking you ever since we met.”

Tao pouted and ran up to Kris, “Duizhanggggggggggggggg!” He whined. “Come with meee!”

“I can’t,” Kris replied for the umpteenth time. “I have work!”

Kris’ words seemed to just fly past Tao’s ears as he stood there stubbornly, “I’ll sit on you.”

“What?” Kris’ eyes widened, “Tao are you even listening to me?!”

“Of course I am!” Tao said as he sat on Kris’ legs. “But are you listening to me!?”

“Tao!” Kris roared and tried to push Tao off but the latter was as stiff as a tree.

Tao wrapped his arms around Kris’ neck seductively, “Please? Just one Gucci bag!”

“Then you get it yourself!” Kris screeched and tried to pull away.

Tao pouted, “It’s nearly my birthday.”

“Your birthday was 3 weeks ago.”

“Kris I am being serious, if you don’t take me there I swear to god I will kiss you right now.”

Kris gulped, “You wouldn’t dare!”

“Watch me!” Tao grinned and puckered his lips. “MMMMMMM!!!!”

“TAOOOOOO!” Kris shouted as he pushed Tao’s puckering face away.

Right at that moment, the door of his office and Hye Mi’s head popped in. “Kris, have you seen-” Hye Mi halted when she saw Kris sitting on the chair with another grown man sitting on top of him, trying to kiss him. “Umm…”

Kris put down his hands with wide eyes, “H-Hye Mi?!” Tao froze with his arms still around Kris’ neck. Uh oh…

Hye Mi blinked at him and awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, “Sorry was I… disturbing something?”

Kris and Tao just stared at her, still frozen. Kris wanted to just dig a whole and disappear.

“I’m so sorry…” Hye Mi meekly smiled and stepped back, “I think I know where Secretary Hong is now. I’ll just… get going now… Bye bye!” She waved and ran off.

A few seconds later, Kris and Tao slowly turned their head to face each other. Tao gave Kris a crooked smile and opened his mouth to say something when suddenly Hye Mi came back.

“Oh and by the way!” Hye Mi’s head popped back in. She watched as the two faces turned to her and giggled, “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone about this. I support gay marriage!” She gave them a quick thumbs up before running off.

 When he made sure the girl wasn’t coming back, Tao heaved out a long sigh. “Well that escalated quickly.”

He turned to Kris’ dark face and immediately paled, “… Hyung?”

...............................................

...............................

..................................

...............

......................

“Why are you staring at me like that………?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung why are you moving closer to me……………………………………?

 

 

 

 

 

“D-Duizhang?” He squeaked.

……………………………………..

 

 

Needless to say, Tao left the hospital with a bruised eye and broken finger that day.