Misunderstanding

Bitter Smiles

 

Kris walked into his art school building the next day, scared. He had no idea how to face Hye Mi now, or how to explain yesterday’s terrible misunderstanding. When he walked through the doors of his class, he froze when he realised all the art benches were now pushed to the back, leaving a big empty area in the middle. All the students were sitting on the floor in that big empty area and when he saw Hye Mi sitting on a side, his body lost control and he immediately came over to her.

“Good morning Kris!” Hye Mi beamed and moved over so he could sit down.

Kris gave her a forced smile, “Good morning.” He was surprised Hye Mi was still acting normal around him but was still touched by how accepting she was. Even though her acceptance wasn’t needed since he was not gay.

“This is your first theory class isn’t it?” Hye Mi asked happily. “Trust me it’s really fun!” Her smile faltered when she released Kris wasn’t listening to her. “Kris…?”

Kris snapped out of his daze and stared at her, “W-What?” He was surprised because he usually wasn’t the type to start drifting off.

“Are you okay?” Hye Mi chuckled at his confused face. “You were out of it.”

“Err… Yeah I’m fine…” Kris responded wearily.

“Oh yeah!” Hye Mi gasped and dug through her bag. She pulled out a small pink notebook and handed it to Kris, “Can you please pass this onto Secretary Hong for me? I couldn’t find her yesterday.”

Without realising, Kris’ ears pinked at the mentioning of yesterday, “Urgh… Okay.” He took the book and slipped it into his own bag.

Hye Mi noticed his embarrassment but decided to keep quiet so he wouldn’t feel anymore pressured. Sure she was surprised and everything yesterday when she found out her handsome and charismatic doctor was actually gay, but she knew that wouldn’t change the fact that he was still a doctor that saves lives. She had never been the type to judge, and Kris is no exception.

Kris on the other hand was dying to tell her the truth. He had never felt so humiliated in his whole life, nonetheless in front of the girl he was interested in. Usually if there was a misunderstanding, Kris would’ve straight up cleared things up, but for some reason, his mouth and his brain would not cooperate whenever he’s looking at Hye Mi’s eyes.

He watched as Hye Mi was playing a game on her phone. Who would’ve expected this angel like figure would be the girl of his dreams?

“Hey Hye Mi…” Kris spoke after a while.

Being the respectful person she was, Hye Mi immediately ended her game. “Hmm?” She looked up at him.

Kris bit his tongue, trying to figure out the right words to say. “Umm about yesterday….”

“Go on,” Hye Mi urged sincerely. She was going to understand his explanation no matter what he was going to say.

“What you saw-”

“Okay students please pay attention, class is starting now!” The teacher cut him off.

Hye Mi giggled and put her forefinger to her lips.  “You can tell me later,” she whispered and turned her attention to Miss Kim.

Kris almost blew a raspberry in frustration. He sighed and started listening to the teacher.

------

When class was finished, everyone stood up to go home. Kris looked around for Hye Mi and found her talking on the phone while walking out the door. He immediately ran after her down the hallway.

“Okay okay, I’ll pick you up tomorrow. Bye bye, oppaaaa~” Hye Mi hung up. She shook her head and put her phone back into her bag.

“Hye Mi!” Kris called as he came next to her.

“Oh, Kris,” Hye Mi smiled.

Kris’ knee wobbled at the small and innocent smile. “What I was saying before was that Tao and I-”

*Ring ring! Ring ring!*

He froze and pulled out his phone from his pocket. The caller ID was Tao. Kris stared blankly at the screen.

“You should answer your phone first,” Hye Mi laughed. “I’m in a hurry now, so I’ll talk to you tomorrow at my appointment okay?” She waved and walked off.

Kris watched as she disappeared at the corner and then shot his still ringing phone a glare before picking up. “Huang Zitao, I am going to kill you.” He said before hanging up. 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for commenting and subscribing <3 <3