Chapter 9: A Girl's Heart

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where did you go after Mrs Park’s tutorial? I went to search for you. Did something happen?” YeonHee asked as soon as Changmin answered his phone that day. It has been an agreed routine between the both of them; either one of them will give a call to the other so as to inform about what happened to them that day. It was supposed to be just YeonHee reporting to him, but she claimed that it isn’t fair, so he ended up reporting to her as well.

“I went to see Jaejoong,” Changmin answered honestly. “We had a little chat over lunch. That’s all.”

“Oh. So what did you guys talk about?”

Changmin was silent for a moment. “Nothing much, just some catching ups. He told me that he came back because you came back.”

“Really?” her voice lightened up. “Did he say that? Aw, that is so sweet of him. He shouldn’t have, though. I wouldn’t mind. His studies over there in London are more important. Wait, where is he studying again?”

“LSE. What about you, where did you go after Mrs Park’s tutorial?” Changmin didn’t want to hear anymore about Jaejoong. His suspicion just grew stronger after their conversation during lunch. Even another mention of Jaejoong’s name could send him over the edge, and he didn’t want YeonHee to see him in that condition.

Jaejoong has something up his sleeve, and Changmin is determined to know what it is.

“I told you, I went to look for you. While I was at that, two girls from the class come to me and invited me to have lunch together. They want me in their group for our first project.”

“Which girls?”

“I don’t remember their names. But they aren’t one of those annoying ones who won’t get their eyes off of me. And since I declined their invitation just now, I’ve got myself a lunch date for tomorrow.”

He hummed in comprehension.  “I’ll be around tomorrow, then.”

“Huh? What for? Yah, Changmin. Those two girls are merely trying to make friends with me. You said it yourself that it’s safe there on campus.”

“Well, unfortunately there’s been some change of plans. And, I need to see those girls with my own eyes.”

She couldn’t say anything more to convince Changmin that there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. YeonHee could see the honesty in the two girls’ eyes, but who is she to tell apart between lies and disguises. This is why she needed Changmin to be around. YeonHee sensed the tension in Changmin’s voice, and she dare not became childish again at a time like this. She shouldn’t add to the already-heavy load on Changmin’s shoulders.

YeonHee, too, had to restrain herself from asking for details about his meeting with Kim Jaejoong. She could guess that there was more to the meeting than what has been told. Changmin hadn’t been so keen on her own meeting with Jaejoong the other day, so why should he be now? And to think that they were childhood friends... If she didn’t know any better, she might’ve thought that Changmin is being jealous, but that won’t make any sense at all.

After the phone call ended, YeonHee took a quick shower and had her take-away dinner. She had given up on cooking since that time when Changmin started to buy food for her every single day. He says that it will be much e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter