Chapter 19: To Protect You...

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why did you have to throw it so hard? Did you know how long it took me to assemble the anti-tracking elements in this thing? Now I have to start again from scratch because, thanks to you, all of them are completely trashed,” Changmin muttered in annoyance.

After allowing her to enter his apartment, he locked the doors behind him and quickly made way into his room to drop off his books.

“I didn’t throw it very hard. I just dropped it. It’s that thing that is sensitive!” YeonHee retorted.

“If you could figure out that it’s sensitive, then why didn’t you take an extra good care of it?” he came out of his room and went straight into the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and took out a carton of milk and drank from it immediately. He looked angry. “This is totally wasting my time.”

YeonHee pursed her lips tight. “Yah, can’t you be more polite. Pour it in a glass or something,” she complained. YeonHee rummaged through the nearest cabinet, fetched a glass and put it on the counter in front of Changmin. “There!”

“And why are you raising your voice at me?” Changmin asked as he marched closer towards her. His ears were slightly red and he never broke eye contact.

YeonHee’s heart could burst from the intensity. “You’re doing it first!”

“That is because I have the right to do so! Did you know? Because of you, people could’ve figured out where we are by now and you could expect tonnes of people coming to search for you and take you away by tomorrow. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel? Do you have any idea how that complicates things for me? Do you?!!”

“What do you mean?”

“Nevermind,” he put the carton of milk back into the refrigerator and slammed the door shut. “I had my dinner. Don’t disturb me until I’m done fixing that damn phone. And also, don’t you dare leave this apartment without my permission!”

YeonHee watched as Changmin went into his room and closed the door. He looked fine just a moment ago and now he was furious at her. She had just noticed that he was still trying to protect her when they were still on campus, and now that they are out of public earshot, he finally lets out his frustrations. She unconsciously felt her eyes and there were tears already falling down her cheeks. She can’t let this situation continue on. She didn’t want her relationship with Changmin to be awkward, even for a second. She had to do something to fix this.

YeonHee didn’t care that Changmin forbids her to disturb him in his room. She just felt that it was the right thing to do, and if she didn’t do it, she will regret it forever. YeonHee didn’t take long to ponder and made her way towards Changmin’s bedroom and opened the door slowly. The sight of Changmin’s back already hunched at the table greeted her as she peeked inside. She bit her lips and stepped into the room. She closed the door.

“Changmin, I’m sorry,” she whispered as she leaned her back to the door, her grip was still on the doorknob.

“I told you not to disturb me while I’m working,” he spoke sourly, not bothering to turn or look at her.

She felt a stab at her heart at his uninviting tone, but she kept calm. She peeled herself from the door and walked closer towards Changmin. She was hesitant at first, but as soon as she was directly behind him, she lowered herself a little, wrapped her arms around his shoulders and buried her face in his neck.

“I’m really really sorry,” she pleaded softly. “I didn’t know. Please don’t be mad at me.”

Changmin was surprised at her actions as his body stiffened. “Ms YeonHee, can you please allow me some space to do my work?”

She shook her head, “No, not until you forgive me.”

He sighed. “You’re doing it again. Please, YeonHee. This is not the time…”

But her hold around him only tightened. And if it wasn’t because of his feelings for her, he could’ve stayed mad at her for a few more days.

“Fine. Fine. I forgive you. Now can you let me work on this peacefully? The faster I can get this done, the earlier I can get some rest.”

He can feel the smile that was forming on her lips. “Thank you,” she whispered as she slowly released him. And quickly, she gave h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter