Chapter 8: Insecure

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All formal classes started that day. Changmin and YeonHee have conveniently been put into the same schedule by the university. They have the same lectures, the same tutorials, and the exact same lunch hours. YeonHee thought that it was too much, but Changmin insisted that they just go on with it. After all, he will have every reason to be by her side this way. How could he refuse such generosity?

On the other hand, Changmin found out that Kim Jaejoong is currently on an exchange program with the university. Whether he applied to be there on purpose or he was randomly placed there by his previous institution was still a mystery to Changmin. Though, he believes that it was the President’s doings, because it doesn’t look like a coincidence at all. It just doesn’t make sense for a student to apply for, or agree on, an exchange program that will take place in their own home-country. It’s totally beyond the point of going overseas!

Is the President really going to discard him from this operation? Just because he went past one of his priority orders to not leave YeonHee by herself in any condition? Changmin scoffed. The President is going to turn his own daughter mental if he keeps on with this.

But no matter what happens to him, Changmin wasn’t going to let Kim Jaejoong take over in any of his lifetimes.  Jaejoong isn’t a bad guy, but Changmin can’t allow things to change at this point. It’s just too suspicious. And besides, he had to admit that the greed to keep YeonHee to himself is slowly taking over. He knows it might be childish, but he wants her all to himself. He will make her remember all of their memories together and show her that he’s more worthy than the spoiled rich kid, Kim Jaejoong. He just can’t let go of his first love like that. Not to his own best friend...

“Shim Changmin!”

He gasped and knocked off a few stationeries from his table out of reflex. He had been too caught up with his thought to have heard his name being called by the tutor. He looked up to see the tutor’s eyes directly upon him. Luckily no one else in the class seemed to care. But a pair of eyes were stuck looking at the back of his head at the call of Changmin’s name just now. YeonHee wondered what have made him so distracted these past few days. It wasn’t like him at all when it comes to focus.

“Explain to the class the philosophy behind this theory,” the tutor pointed at a word written on the whiteboard. She wasn’t angry. She was concerned.

Changmin cleared his throat and began explaining. Not even a point was left out. Changmin was smart. The tutor smiled in contentment at his answer and let him off, not forgetting to add an ‘excellent!’ at the end of his conclusion.

Shim Changmin knew he can’t let these thoughts get to him anymore. He needed to speak to Kim Jaejoong, and he will bluntly ask him of his purpose to return from overseas in such a short notice. It is the only way to reduce his anxiety about the current situation. He needed to make sure that the President isn’t having side motives.

When the tutorial ended, YeonHee tried to confront Changmin and ask him what is up. But he walked away way too fast without even saying ‘See you later’. Given the level of concern she had for Changm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter