Chapter 2: A New Start

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YeonHee woke up having a bright ray of sunlight shine onto her eyes, making it move randomly under her eye-lids. She was tired and she could tell she was still not recovered from the jetlag. Or maybe she was stubbornly trying to make herself believe so, so that she wouldn’t have to get up and start her first day in this foreign place. Well, it shouldn’t be foreign to her to begin with, but ten absolute years was enough to make her feel like she was a newborn who had just faced the world. She admitted; Korea was different.

Groaning slightly, her hands roamed around the mattress to find her missing quilt without opening her eyes. The sun was starting to battle with her patience and her arms weren’t enough to save her from her annoyance. She needed something larger to cover her eyes. And her marvellous sleeping habit had successfully kicked the quilt off the bed, now lying helplessly alone on the carpeted floor.

Her groans were now replaced by heavy grunts, but her lazy bum still refused to get up to pick up the quilt or even to shut the curtains and her eyes still refused to open.

“The curtains!”

Her body immediately shot upwards and her eyes bulged as if she had just woken up from a terrible nightmare. She turned her head harshly to the side and saw that her originally closed curtains were now wide opened.

“Ow...” she cried right after, finally registering the pain. She picked up her left arm to nurse her neck that had just cracked due to her sudden movement. But that was her least trouble at the moment. Who had opened her curtains?

Frowning, YeonHee crawled lazily to the edge of the bed were she had left her bedroom slippers. Her mind was furiously playing the scenes from last night when she was about to go to bed. She was sure that she closed everything before going to sleep. Everything, just like what Changmin had instructed. She walked over to the window and realised that it was still securely locked. She never had the habit of leaving the curtains open because she absolutely hates it when the morning sunshine decides to disturb her sleep. And that could only mean one thing.

Someone has been in this room...

Suddenly her heart started to race and her conscious mind began to worry. Out of reflex, she stormed towards her dressing table to fetch her sling bag and she rummaged it in search of her cell phone. She needed to tell Changmin about this. That was what her father had instructed her to do. If anything out of the ordinary happens, Changmin should be the first to know and quick. And if he’s not there, only God knows what her father will do to him.

For once, she was taking her father's advice seriously.

“Changmin-sshi!” she cried as soon as the line was connected. “I think someone came into my apartment when I was asleep!”

There was a continuous silence at the other end of the line.

“Changmin? Are you there? Hello? Who’s this?”

“It’s me, you pabo,” came his voice at last. “What makes you think someone came into your apartment. Was anything missing? Are you hurt?”

YeonHee had her lips pursed. She wasn’t hurt, and nothing was missing. At least she hoped so. She took a moment to go through her stuff on the dressing table before she turned around to have a look around her room. Everything was exactly how it was when she left them before going to sleep last night. The only weird thing was the curtain. Would it be silly of her to tell her personal bodyguard that she assumed someone has broke into her apartment just because she found out that her curtain was opened?

“YeonHee?”

“Oh. UM. I think... I think it’s nothing. I was just startled. You know, since I woke up on a different bed, facing a different room. Maybe I need time to adjust to all these.” YeonHee started pacing in her room. Her expression wrinkled and her palm began to hit her forehead repeatedly. Her lips mumbled something that was inaudible.

“Are you sure? Do you need me to come over?”

“Er... I don’t think so. It’s fine. It’s nothing.”

“If you say so... I don’t think there should be anything wrong either. I’ve already made a special arrangement with the landlord and the manager. That apartment should be safe for you.”

“Thank you, Changmin-sshi. Sorry to disturb you so early in the morning,” she spoke softly as she sat herself on the edge of the bed.

“It’s already past noon, you sleepyhead.”

Pabo. Sleepyhead... Changmin was starting to get on her nerves. “Hey, can you stop calling me like that. I should be Ms YeonHee to you, you know.”

A light snort was heard. “Why? I thought we’ve already agreed to befriend each other. This is very normal for friends. Or do you not mind other people seeing you as the lady heir who has a bodyguard tailing her everywhere? If that’s the case, then it’s fine with me too.”

“Alright, alright! I’m sorry. Just... don’t get too comfortable. It’s annoying.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

And with that, she ended the call without saying goodbye.

***

YeonHee packed her umbrella and slipped on her shoes. She was hungry and she intended to head to the supermarket to get some ingredients. Or it's more like she will be looking for some instant food that she could heat up and eat. She locked the door to her apartment securely before turning and made her way towards the elevator. She pressed the down button and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter