Chapter 18: Keeping A Secret

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YeonHee didn’t end up sitting beside Changmin in class that day. After the progress that had took place between them, she became too shy to be in a close proximity with him in public for too long. And besides, he told her that this should be kept a secret for now. He must’ve his reasons for that, and she wasn’t going to mess up any of his plans anytime soon. She was content just being able to be by his side like this, as more than a best friend. Even though he hasn’t verbally admitted that he is now her boyfriend or anything of the sort, his sincere gestures was enough to convince her. Shim Changmin had always been this way.

Amidst all her thinking, she wasn’t aware that both Mayu and ChaeRin were giving her suspicious grins.

“You’re having your mind on something, but I’m sure it’s not class-related,” Mayu poked her sides, causing her to gasp from surprise. “See…”

“Leave me alone,” YeonHee laughed. The red in her cheeks became evident.

“Honestly, you need to keep us updated, YeonHee,” ChaeRin whined. “One day you’re all mushy over Changmin, and on the next you’re having romantic meals with Jaejoong… Which one is it exactly?”

“Girls, we’re in a class right now,” YeonHee tried to divert the question.  She wasn’t ready to tell the truth to the rest of the student body. She can’t possibly tell than she’s with neither of them, because that would be a lie. But she can’t let them know that she’s with Changmin either, at least not yet.

But neither of the girls was going to just let this slip as well.

“Please,” YeonHee pleaded. “I don’t want to talk about it right now. If I would tell anyone, you two will be the first to know. Fair enough?”

Mayu and ChaeRin exchanged suspicious glances at each other. “Fine…” ChaeRin said sounding defeated, but Mayu didn’t utter a word and kept on studying YeonHee. Feeling uneasy, YeonHee diverted her eyes to somewhere else and her eyes unconsciously landed on the last man she had expected to meet eyes with.

For once, Changmin wasn’t napping in class. In fact, he looked a bit pissed, but he immediately rubbed the look off his face when he saw her. She started to feel worried. She had never seen Changmin behaving like this since the last time he disobeyed her father’s orders. Something might’ve happened, and she wanted to know what.

‘I saw it. Something wrong?’ she sent a text to him.

By then, everyone had paid attention to the contents of the lecture. No one realised the exchanges between Changmin and YeonHee except the two. Mayu and ChaeRin tried to peek at her phone screen from either sides of her, but YeonHee was fast enough to cover up.

‘Nothing that is life threatening. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.’

YeonHee glanced back momentarily. Changmin saw her again and smiled, but it wasn’t the kind of smile that she was hoping to see. She faced forward again and began replying.

‘I want to know. Share it with me. Please?’

‘I want to, but I can’t. Trust me, not knowing will keep you safe. Pay attention.’

YeonHee pursed her lips and lightly grunted, gaining particular interests from Mayu and ChaeRin. The two of them looked at each other then at Changmin, but he was already sleeping on his desk, with his head already turned to the side.

‘How can I pay attention when clearly there’s something going on that could get you in danger that I can’t know about? I hate you.’

‘I love you too.’

‘Idiot. I LITERALLY hate you!’

With that, YeonHee threw her phone to the carpeted floor at her feet. ChaeRin who was closer to it, immediately ducked under the tables to retrieve it. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter