Chapter 10: Taken, Or Not

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin arrived at the car park earlier than usual that day. He had no particular reason. He just happened to wake up even before his alarm clock went off. Maybe something was bugging him subconsciously, and he would guess that it was Jaejoong. But who knows? There are just too much things playing inside his mind lately.

He stayed in his car for a while after he arrived. That is, until he can catch a glimpse of YeonHee’s car entering the area. By now, both of them were no longer driving to university together. Changmin wanted to let them get used to this new arrangement, and be open to all sorts of possibilities. And so far, nothing had gone wrong. However, Changmin had strictly lined out that she should arrive at least half an hour before their class starts. A minute later, and he would immediately search high and low for her and make sure that she is once again safe and sound.

He checked his watch and glanced at the back-view mirror. She should arrive any minute now. And truly, there she was, turning the corner and entering her usual parking space. She caught him looking at her trough his mirror. She smiled, wide.

Changmin waited for her to leave the area before he himself stepped out of his car and walked towards his destination. Another day has arrived, as well as another opportunity for him to investigate his own best friend: Kim Jaejoong. Changmin didn’t pay attention to his surroundings at all as he made his way to his lecture theatre using the longest route he could come up with. The whispers of his fan-girls went past him like a blowing wind, and the stares from admirers appeared to him like cold statues. His only aim was Kim Jaejoong. And his only life was Lee YeonHee. He cared about nothing else.

He entered the back door of the theatre and sat at the very end of the row. The class was huge, and he had to keep an eye on absolutely everyone in the room. The first thing that he searched for was YeonHee, and he found her sitting at the very middle of the theatre which is also her favourite spot. Just as he was about to divert his gaze, her own eyes fell upon his. She just smiled and turned back. Changmin stared blankly, and the class commenced.

When the lecturer grants a five minute’s break, she glanced at the back once again to find Changmin already sleeping on his own palm. She giggled and fished out her phone to disturb him.

‘Mr Genius, let me borrow your brain for a while if you’re not going to use it.’

She saw his face flinched with annoyance as he grabbed his phone from inside his pockets. He read the message through squinted eyes and then glared at her.

‘What are you doing? We’re in class. Go study and leave me alone, will you?’

She pouted, but it changed into a smile within seconds and she left it at that. She tried to find him with her eyes again, but this time he gave her a really mean glare and mouthed another ‘what in the hell are you doing?!’ Chills ran up her spine and she gave up.  She turned forward and the class resumed.

She knew it well that she wasn’t supposed to make such contacts with him in class. It is enough that other people know them as students who had classes together. It was dangerous if they found out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter