Chapter 12: Fight For Me

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I saw you all too clearly. You guys were flirting with each other.”

YeonHee looked at the man in front of her in disbelieve. “What?! I did NOT flirt with Jaejoong! If anyone was flirting, it was just him trying out his luck. Changmin, he’s just a friend!”

With his eyebrows raised, Changmin lowered his gaze to see the hand that is now wrapped tightly around his wrist. The fingers were shaking. He looked up again to see her looking awkwardly away as she quickly recovered her right hand. Her eyes were glistening. “Why are you so jumpy about this? Did something really happen?”

“NO!” she denied too eagerly. “I mean, we just talked. That’s all.”

“About what?”

She hesitated. “Stuff.”

He simply nodded and turned away. To him, it simply meant that he was done talking to her, but to her, it looked as if Changmin was leaving and he won’t be coming back. Well, maybe Changmin wasn’t planning on meeting her again so soon. But that was only because of the jealousy that came over him when he saw the both of them together. It might’ve not meant anything to YeonHee, but it had hurt him just a little bit, even as innocent as the whole picture was.

“Where are you going?” she grabbed onto his wrist once again before he could escape from the front door. “Can’t we just talk for a while? You’ve been acting strange since school started.”

“What are you talking about? I’m fine. I’m just a little busy lately,” he spoke bitterly and pulled his hand away from YeonHee’s grip. “What’s wrong with me is not important. It doesn’t concern your safety.”

“Says who? I’d be in a lot of trouble if you’re not focused on your work. And right now, I don’t think you are.”

Changmin finally turned to face YeonHee properly. He looked deep into her eyes. There was a desire to shout at her and let out his frustrations, but her soft hazel eyes had managed to drown his anger. He heaved a sigh and pressed on his temples. Maybe he had gone a little too far.

“See, you have problems and you’re keeping all of them to yourself. Share them with me,” she pleaded softly.

“YeonHee,” he called. “I really don’t want to. Just leave it.”

“But I don’t want to keep being the middle person, Changmin-ah. I can see that you two have issues, and I’m caught in between. How can I just leave it?”

Changmin let out another heavy sigh and leaned on the door frame with crossed arms. He thought deeply for a moment. “You know what, I really have to go. I’ll see you at school.” He turned and left just like that.

YeonHee could only watch until he disappeared from view. She bit her bottom lip and frowned. She had no idea what was going on and it frustrates her. If only Changmin would tell her, even if she wouldn’t be able to help, it’d make her feel so much better. At least she knows that Changmin can trust her too.

She closed the front door and leaned her back on it for a while. Unconsciously, she let her palms rest just above her heart, where she could feel it beating very slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter