Chapter 5: For You

I Still Want To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Can I, really? Are you serious?”

YeonHee eyes twinkled as she stared back into Changmin’s. The smile on her lips was hopeful, and it widened at the sight of a nodding Changmin. She squealed and ran towards him to give him a hug. The breath left his lungs when he felt her jump onto him and held him tight.

Her actions surprised him, but he was glad nonetheless. Bit by bit, the barrier between them was disappearing. He never regretted his decision to agree being her personal bodyguard. In fact, he was thankful. Soon enough, he will be able to greet her like once before.

“I still can’t believe it. So I can leave this house as I please and return as I please from now on?” she asked again to make sure.

“Well, almost...”

“What do you mean ‘almost’?” she inquired as she loosened her grip on Changmin’s shoulders.

“It’s not a pretty scene when a girl comes home too late at night, especially when she’s drunk.”

“Ah, arasseo. That won’t be a problem at all. I’m not a fan of partying and clubbing, and I don’t really have friends close enough to enjoy those kind of stuff with.”

Changmin’s expression seemed affected by these innocent words.

“I mean, girl friends...”

He smiled, “Don’t worry about it, Ms Lee. I totally understand. So, the rules remain the same: you have to let me know where you are at all times. I don’t mind if it’s through text messages or whatever, as long as you let me know. If anything happens, I will know where to find you. And if you’re not there, at least I have a pretty good idea on where to start searching. Deal?”

“Deal!”

“That’s it then. I’m off. See you around!”

“Wait!” YeonHee called out before the front door could close between them. Changmin halted and acknowledged her, waiting for her to say her next words, “Thank you.”

He was silent at first, but his lips then broke into a handsome smile.

“I know the President is one hell of an annoying person. I’m not sure of how many rules you’ve actually broken, but thank you for doing so much for me,” she smiled of gratitude.

“It’s no big deal.” He threw her one last smile, closed the door and walked away. Though, in his heart, he prayed to God that his judgement is not wrong.

 

[FLASHBACK]

“Put the President on the line!” Changmin nearly screamed into his phone. He was enraged. He can’t believe the President could still doubt him after all the violent trainings he made him go through.

“Mr Shim. What do you think you’re doing?”

“Just put him on the ing line!” he barked more dangerously.

There was a momentary silence before another voice came in. “Hello, who is this?” Changmin knew it didn’t belong to the President.

“It doesn’t matter who I am. Where’s Ms Lee YeonHee’s father?”

“He’s not here and won’t be here for the next few days. Would you like to leave a message?”

“Tch... Well, tell your boss to keep to his words. And tell him that I know what I’m doing. Since he doubted me once, decisions from now on will be made solely by me. I can’t afford any more interference. If he can’t live with that, I quit.”

Changmin didn’t wait for anot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter