Jonghyun's Past Part 2: Onew

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

Night had already fallen and Jessica and Jonghyun were still looking for a place to stay. They were far away from their town and were now somewhere in the middle of Seoul City. They were receiving a lot of stares from the people around them, but they paid on attention to the strangers.

“Jessica I’m tired.” Jonghyun whined. His feet were tried from walking, his hands were sore from holding the foldable chair, and he was hungry from not eating lunch.
“Wait just a little more. I see an alley. Maybe we can stay there for the night.” Jessica told Jonghyun.

Jessica was tired as well, but she forced herself to continue as she was the older one. She took the chair from Jonghyun and carried it for him until they reached the alley. Jessica and Jonghyun sat down. The alley was filled with garbage, stinky, and dirty, but they were too tired to care.

Jessica took out two packages of chips and a bottle of water. “Sorry, but this is all we can eat for now. When we find a place to stay we’ll eat better. I promise.”

Jessica and Jonghyun started eating their chips. Suddenly a pile of trash began to rustle. Jessica and Jonghyun looked over at the trash. From behind the pile a boy poked his head out. Jessica could make out that the boy was dirty and his clothing was slightly tattered.

"Hello." Jessica smiled. "Do you want something to eat?" Jessica held out her bag of chips.

The boy slowly approached Jessica. He took the bag of chips then ran to the wall opposite of Jonghyun and Jessica. He quickly began eating.

"Don't eat too fast or you'll choke." Jessica warned as she rolled a bottle of water to him.

The boy also took the water and drank it. Jessica smiled happy that the boy ate her food.

"By the way I'm Jessica and this is my brother Jonghyun. Something happened are now orphans. Do you know if there is a place that we could stay for the night or a while? We're kind of on the run from some bad people." Jessica asked the boy.

The boys stopped eating to think. He looked at Jessica and Jonghyun for a while before slowly approaching them.

"If you share all of that with me I'll help you." The boy answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this is where I stay." The boy, who introduced himself as Onew, showed Jessica and Jonghyun a tunnel filled with homeless people. "It isn't much, but it's not too cold and there is a roof over my head. This is our slot." Onew pointed to an empty spot with two cardboard boxes. "You can set up your tent here. I will be right back." Onew left.

Jonghyun looked at Jessica. Jessica put her stuff down onto the floor and was ping the tent.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Jonghyun asked. "I mean he seems nice, but can we trust him? In the Power Rangers the bad guy always pretends to help the Power Rangers until he hurts the Rangers."
"I'm sure Onew's a good guy. He doesn't look like he'll hurt us, but we don't have a choice." Jessica replied. "We can stay here and get Onew's help or we can get caught by the bad man that killed our parents. I'm sure Onew is a nice guy that we can trust once we get to know him more. It's okay Jonghyun. Relax and trust in me okay." Jessica hugged her little brother. Jonghyun tightly hugged his big sister back.

Jessica and Jonghyun set up the tent. The tent was a large tent, big enough for 6 people. They put all their things inside the tent before sitting down inside. Jessica let Jonghyun, who was completely worn out and scared, lay on her lap. Jessica could feel Jonghyun shaking from fight. She pulled out the black blanket that saved their lives and covered herself and Jonghyun. She hugged Jonghyun to reassure him that things were going to be fine.

A short while later Onew came inside. He sat down opposite from Jessica and Jonghyun. Things were quiet and awkward for a while.

"So I guess since we'll be staying together we should properly introduce ourselves in detail." Onew broke the silence. "I'll go first."