The Bachelors

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

Jonghyun looked back at Minho, Taemin, and Key after the limo left with the newlyweds.

"Now it's all just us single bachelors." Jonghyun slung his arm around Taemin and Key. "What shall we do tonight?"
"Actually," Key removed Jonghyun's hand from his shoulder. "I'm taken."
Jonghyun as well as the rest of SHINee gasped. "Since when?"
"Since last week when I saw Amber trying on her bridesmaid dress." Key replied. "I was debating about it for a while now and then I saw her in her dress and I knew that she was the one. I'm going to marry her someday."

"In your dreams." Amber came up from behind the boys. "I agreed to date you not marry you."
"Same thing." Key waved his hand. "The point is now you're mine."
"Whatever." Amber waved her hand.

Key swiftly caught Amber's hand and tangled his finger's into hers.

"Now if you'll excuse us we have a date." Key nodded to the boys before leaving with Amber.

Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho watched them leave with slight envy.

Minho came between Taemin and Jonghyun, slinging his arms around their shoulders. "Now what shall we bachelor's do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really Minho? This is what you had in mind?" Jonghyun looked around at the place Minho had brought them.
"I thought it was nice." Minho looked around. "Looks like something normal and will get your mind off everything."
"I think it's great." Taemin smiled as he looked around. "Something different and fun."

Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

"Let's just go and have fun." Minho and Taemin dragged Jonghyun inside the room.

Vibrant colors, flashing lights, and loud noises filled the room. A few young children ran around as their parents chased them. There were a few teens and young adults having their dates, while most of them were there with their friends to enjoy the night. The place was so open and friendly that no one would suspect that there were three of the most dangerous gangsters were inside the room about to spend a night of fun together.

"Come on. It's an arcade not a library." Taemin told Jonghyun as he picked up a gun for a shooting game.
"Relax and have fun." Minho handed Jonghyun the extra gun in his hand.
Jonghyun looked at the gun and sighed. "So this is what I'm reduced to after she get's married. I need a date."

Jonghyun lifted up the gun and began joining Minho and Taemin shooting the monsters on the screen.

"I want this one too!!" Taemin pointed to a doll inside the machine.
"You already have three. Why do you need another one?" Minho asked.
"Because that one's different. You can't have Luffy, Nami, and Zoro without Chopper can you. It'll complete my collection." Taemin lifted up the other One Piece character dolls in his hand.
"Fine." Jonghyun agreed. "Put your money in."
"Thank you!!" Taemin said happily.

Taemin put the money into the machine as Jonghyun worked his magic on the crane. After a few seconds the Chopper doll was lifted into the air and dropped into the hole. Taemin bend down and happily added the doll to his collection.

"See it wasn't that hard." Taemin smiled brightly from ear to ear.
"How much did we spend on this machine?" Jonghyun asked Minho.
"About $10." Minho replied. "$1 per game."
"So $6 gone to waste. Those are very expensive dolls." Jonghyun teased as he took a doll from Taemin's hand.
"But they are MY expensive dolls." Taemin took back the doll from Jonghyun and went to go get a plastic bag to put them in.
"Are you three years old?" Minho teased.

Taemin stuck out his tongue to the boys before turning to the cashier. Jonghyun and Minho burst out laughing.

"Come on. You . I'm kicking your here." A familiar female voice came from behind the machines.
"That's because you're cheating." A familiar male voice followed.
"How am I cheating?" The female voice replied.

Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun looked at each other before going to look at the owners of the voices. They turned the corner and saw Amber and Key racing on one of the video games. Key was obviously losing to Amber.

"I want a rematch." Key said as the game finished.
"Fine. I bet I'm still going to win." Amber smirked.

Seeing four extra linked controllers to the game Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin silently joined the race. Amber noticed the extra players. Taemin put his finger to his lips. Amber nodded and silently smiled. Key, oblivious to who the extra players were, continued to ramble about how he was going to beat Amber.

"Oh, my god! How am I last place?" Key stared at his rank on the screen.
"Because you ." Minho, the 1st place winner, answered.
Key finally noticed Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin. "Yah!"

The boys and Amber laughed.

"You're so slow." Amber punched his shoulder.
"Shut up." Key looked away. "So why are you here? Are you stalking my date?"
"No you're bothering our date." Jonghyun replied. "We were here first." Minho and Taemin nodded in agreement.
"Whatever. Get out of here." Key pulled the boys out of their seats. "Go home and stop bothering our date."
"Fine fine fine." Minho said as he walked away from Amber and Key. "Have fun."
"Bye." Taemin and Jonghyun waved before walking away.

Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin decided to leave the lovebirds alone in the arcade and go out for a drink. They all piled into Minho's car then drove off to a bar of Minho's choice.

"I don't see why we came here. If you wanted to go clubbing we could have just gone to my club and got drinks for free." Jonghyun grumbled as he followed Minho and Taemin into the club.
"It's good to try something different. Besides," Taemin turned to Jonghyun. "You would focus on working instead of having fun if we went to our club. Also you don't drink much so you don't have to worry about paying for drinks anyways. If anyone should grumble it's Minho because he drinks a lot." Minho shot Taemin a look and Taemin scampered off to find a place to sit.

Jonghyun reluctantly followed Minho and Taemin. He was a little uneasy about going into foreign places since he wasn't sure if any gangsters or SE7EN would be there ready to kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey hey hey." Taemin took the cup away from Jonghyun. "Slow down."
"No!" Jongyun grabbed the cup spilling some of the alcohol on the table. "I can drink as much as I want."
"Leave him alone." Minho poured Jonghyun another cup.
"But he's drunk." Taemin replied.
"His sister just got married. He probably has a lot on his mind." Minho pat Jonghyun's back.
"What would he have on his mind? Isn't it a good thing that Jessica married Onew?" Taemin asked a little confused.
"Yes and no." Jonghyun answered.

Jonghyun gulped down another cup then slammed it down onto the table.

"I wanted her to be normal, but Onew... He messed it up." Jonghyun downed another cup. "He took advantage of her. He made her pregnant. She's too young to me a mom." Jonghyun looked at Minho. "How could he do this to me? I trusted him and he made her pregnant. Don't get me wrong I love Onew like a brother, but Jessica's my sister. I wanted to see her in a beautiful wedding dress walking down the aisle without any worries ahead of her, but now she has to worry about a baby. I'm not even sure if I can save her, Onew, or the baby if SE7EN suddenly attacks us." Jonghyun leaned on Taemin's shoulder. "I feel so weak and left behind."

Taemin pat Jonghyun's head. "I guess he's been keeping in a lot." Jonghyun nodded his head.
"But Jonghyun's right. We need to think of how to protect Jessica, Onew, and the baby. They are going to be the family none of us ever had." Minho drank his cup.

Taemin and Jonghyun nodded in agreement.

"Excuse me." A blonde girl with clothes barely covering her body came up to the table with her friends. "Can we join you?"

Minho and Taemin looked at Jonghyun. On any other day they would be happy to play with the girls, but today was supposed to be dedicated to making Jonghyun happy. Jonghyun sat up and looked at the girls then at Taemin and Minho.

"Why not?" Jonghyun agreed.
Taemin was shocked. "But-"
"I know you guys usually like this stuff." Jonghyun cut Taemin off. "It's okay. I'm fine. I'm also not that drunk for your information."

Minho worriedly glanced at Jonghyun before allowing the girls to sit at their table. After a quick introduction Taemin was led to the dance floor by the blond girl. Minho was dragged to the bar to get more drinks by a girl with red highlights and wavy hair. Jonghyun stayed at the table with a girl with straight black hair waiting for Minho and the other girl to return.

"So Jonghyun," The girl named Sekyung moved closer to him slipping a paper in Jonghyun's jacket pocket. "You look like you have a lot on your mind. You want me to make it better."

Jonghyun faced Sekyung. He was drunk, but only a little. He had enough consciousness to know what he was doing.

"What do you plan on doing?" Jonghyun asked.
Sekyung put her hands on Jonghyun's cheeks and kissed his lips. "It's a secret."
Jonghyun pulled Sekyung up against his body. "Then surprise me."

Sekyung sat on Jonghyun's lap and grinded herself against him. Jonghyun on her collar bone then trailed kisses to her lips.

The sound of glass crashing onto the floor disrupted Jonghyun and Sekyung. They looked at the person responsible for the sound. Minho was standing there with a shocked expression.

"Loosen up." Jonghyun told Minho. "My sister got married not me. I'm still allowed to play around."

Minho cocked his head side. He's officially drunk. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

Minho turned to the girl besides him. "Hey let's go dance."

Minho and the girl left to go dance.

"So where were we?" Jonghyun asked.
"Somewhere around here." Sekyung leaned in to kiss Jonghyun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mmmm..... Okay enough." Amber gently pushed Key's chest.

Key lifted himself off Amber. He hovered over her as he looked into her eyes breathing hardly.

"You're amazing." Key moved a piece of hair out of Amber's face.
"What can I say I guess I'm good kisser." Amber toyed with Key's necklace. "But you know... that was my first."
"Really?" Key asked.
"Yeah." Amber blushed.
"Thanks." Key planted another gentle kiss on Amber's lips. "I'll always remember that."

Amber blushed even more. She cleared to hide her red checks.

"You know, it's really different here. Nice and quiet, way better than the arcade." Amber looked around. "Also different from our normal dates."

Key got off Amber and sat up. Amber sat up and leaned on Key. They looked around at the quiet and empty beach. The moon and stars were shining overhead on the only two people on the beach.

"I thought we'd do something romantic for a change." Key told her. "We always to something sporty when we hang out, so I thought if we did something different and romantic it would be better. You are a girl after all."
"I am. Thanks." Amber slipped her hands into Key's. "Almost every guy I've dated forgot I was a girl. They would end up taking me to hang out with their guy friends to go watch car races or basketball games. I don't really mind, but I'd like to be treated like a girl for once."
"And that's exactly how I intend to treat you." Key put his jacket around her shoulders. "Like a girl."

Amber smiled. Key smiled back, kissing her once more.

"You know, if we're having such a romantic time here I wonder what Jessica and Onew are doing." Amber asked.
"I wonder too. I mean they can't ehem ehem because she's pregnant." Key wondered.

Amber elbowed Key's side.

"Oww! What did I do?" Key rubbed his side.
"You're disgusting. Way to ruin the mood." Amber rolled her eyes.
"Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm curious." Key truthfully replied.
"Actually I am too." Amber replied. "But I'm not stupid enough to say it out loud."