The Formation of SHINee

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

Key and Onew followed Jonghyun, but stayed a few feet behind. Jonghyun courageously approached the person. At first he thought it was a girl, but as he got closer he could noticed a familiar dragon tattoo on the person's shoulder.

The boy from the alley.

Jonghyun took off his jacket and slowly approached him. Minho was too busy crying to notice Jonghyun. Jonghyun slipped his jacket over the Minho's shoulder. Minho stopped crying and looked at the jacket for a moment.

"Seulgi?" Minho looked at the person next to him.
Jonghyun shook his head. "No, I'm Jonghyun. Sorry to disappoint you. You okay?"

Minho looked back down at Flame. He stared at Flame in silence ignoring Jonghyun. Minho wondered if it was better to join Seulgi in death or to continue living with nothing to live for.

Key and Onew reached Minho during the silence. Key noticed Minho's tattoo. He whispered what he and Jonghyun had seen in the alley to Onew.

"Could you shoot me?" Minho broke the silence and looked at Jonghyun.
"What?" Jonghyun, Onew, and Key exclaimed.
"Shoot me? As in kill me." Minho repeated himself.

The three boys stared at Minho.

Realizing that the boys weren't going to shoot him he decided to do it himself. "Never mind. I'll do it myself."

Minho reached for the gun that had fallen onto the grass. He slowly brought it to his head and moved his finger towards the trigger. Jonghyun, Onew, and Key froze in panic. Minho started to pull back the trigger.

"Are you crazy?!" Key shouted pushing the gun away from Minho's head.

The gun landed on the grass a foot away from the group, but Minho had already pulled the trigger. The gunshot echoed into the city. The bullet pierced through the slide of the empty apparatus ten feet away from them. They all stared at the hole in the slide.

Key slapped Minho's face. "You're so stupid. What ever it is it's not worth it to die."
"What do you know about me?!" Minho yelled. "What do you know about my life?!"
"I don't know about your life." Key exclaimed. "But I know a thing or two about dying."

Minho glared at Key with hot tears falling from his eyes. Key stared at him back.

"I tried to die." Key explained. "I was depressed and tired from being ignored, robbed, beaten, mugged, and every day that I tried killing myself. I tried killing myself so many times, but nothing ever happened. I finally gave up the pills, wrist slitting, and choking and decided to jump off a building. I thought I was going to be free and that things were going to be better if I died. I walked up to the roof of my school and stood on the edge. I took a step off the building and felt gravity pulling me down... But God or whatever being up there that controls death didn't want me to die yet." Key glanced up at Jonghyun. "I was so close to hitting the ground when Jonghyun caught my wrist. He pulled me back up and brought me into his life. Now even though I'm dirt poor, homeless, and going hungry every single day I'm happy because I have friends who taught me that dying isn't the answer. Even though things are tough they'll always get better, but the only way it'll get better is if you keep on living."

Minho looked at Key. Key didn't look like someone who was homeless, moreover Key didn't look like someone who would try to kill himself. Minho looked Jonghyun who had saved Key. Jonghyun was looking at Minho with a concerned face. He looked like he cared so much although he had just met Minho. Minho then looked at Onew. Onew was also concerned, but there was something about him that made Minho feel like he could trust Onew.

Minho looked at the gun. The gun and killing was everything that he knew and lived for. There was nothing good in his life. The only good was when he and Seulgi were little and free from the clutched of the gang, but now everything was different. Seulgi was sent into ion, she had betrayed him, and was now dead. He was taught to hurt, and kill people. He also had spent the last year as a prisoner to his own gang and family. There was nothing good in his life anymore. Did he really want to die with nothing good in his life? Could there ever be anything good in his life anymore?

Minho turned his attention back to Key. "If everything that you say is true then help me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three months had passed and it was now December. Outside there was a blizzard. They had brought everything inside the tent and put cardboard on all the walls of the tent including the floor. They had a small fire in the center of the tent that was keeping everyone warm. Everyone was sharing a small plate of kimchee and two packs of ramen.

Minho sat inside the cramped tent with Jessica, Onew, Key, and Jonghyun. Jessica, and Jonghyun were bundled up in the black blanket that had saved their every own lives. Onew and Minho were bundled in a blue blanket that Onew had stolen from a someone's clothesline. Key was bundled up by himself in a comforter that Onew had also stolen from the clothesline.

Onew was reading the newspaper out loud. "The weather for the next week is... we're expecting more blizzards."
"That's not good." Jessica commented. "I know we're supposed to be staying here for another month, but the weather is worse then last year. Should we move to under a bridge or something?"
"I think she's right. We should move." Jonghyun agreed.
"See I told you we should move two months ago when there wasn't much snow, but you guys don't listen." Key said in a matter-of-fact tone as he took a large bite of kimchee.

Onew glared at Key. Between Key talking a large bite of kimchee and Key's attitude, he didn't know which one upset him more.

"Yah there isn't much food left so don't eat too much." Onew warned Key.
"Yeah yeah." Key waved his hand.

Minho looked down at his small plate with food on it. He compared his plate to everyone else. His plate seemed to have more food than the others. He suddenly felt bad yet grateful to them. Since he suddenly joined their little camp and they had to feed another mouth. They also had to share the camping tent, but since he was taller then all of them he took up the most room. None of them complained about it and just smiled, but he would often hear Jonghyun, Onew, and Jessica talking about their living problems at outside at night when everyone was supposed to be asleep. They never mentioned any names or blamed anyone for their troubles, but they wouldn't tell himself or Key about the problems fearing that it would be too much of a burden to know the truth about their living conditions. Minho felt that he should do something to help they group instead of just sitting around and watching the tent with Key.

The next day Jonghyun and Onew went out to get more food. Jessica, Key, and Minho were staying at the tent. Jessica was making a fire while Key was sitting beside her reading a book out loud. The book reading was their version of a TV and radio since it was pointless to get something that required an outlet.

Minho was shoveling the snow away from the tent. As he was working he was thinking of places that they could stay at to keep warm. Having been raised in this part of the city his whole life he knew more places then anyone of them. He noticed that the cardboard was wet. He was about to tell Jessica to have Key get some, but he realized that he could use the cardboard as an excuse to leave the tent. He planned to leave the tent and look around for someplace warm to stay.

"Jessica, the cardboard is wet. I'm going to go look for some dry ones." Minho told her.
"Okay. Be careful." Jessica replied. "Wear an extra jacket."

Minho went inside the tent to get an extra jacket. He pulled out Jonghyun's jacket. From behind the jacket he saw his own bag. Minho pulled out his bag and looked inside. He saw his two guns. He slipped then into his pants. This was the scums of the city, so there were many gangs. Being safe wouldn't hurt too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minho had been searching for a place to stay for a few hours. He had checked many places, but they weren't the kind of places that he wanted his new friends to be staying at.

Minho was passing by the park where he killed Flame. As he looked at the tree where he killed Flame he got an idea. He walked towards the ruins of the gang's buildings. With his hand securely on his gun in his jacket the approached the ruins.

The ruins of the buildings were just as he saw it last. They were completely destroyed. The only building that was standing was Seulgi's building, but it looked like it would fall at any second. Minho walked towards the only standing building. He looked up to Seulgi's room. He got on his knees and bowed deeply in respect.

Minho walked to the boss's building. He moved the rubble out of the way trying to find the entrance to the basement. He moved a large piece of cement out of the way and found the door. Minho pulled the door, but it was locked. He shot the lock and opened it.

Minho climbed down the ladder into the room basement. It was dark and impossible to see anything. He felt around the walls for the light switch. He found it and flicked it on. Surprisingly the lights . The room was just as he remembered it from when he was a child.

Minho walked deeper into the basement into a hall. The hall would lead to another door that would eventually lead everyone out into a sewer drain, so they could escape. There was also a secret door along the walls. Seulgi had showed it to Minho once, but the secret door would lead to the big boss's base. Only the boss, Seulgi, and a of the boss's most trusted henchmen knew about the secret base. Minho wasn't supposed to know about it, but Seulgi had leaked the information to him because she wanted him to be safe.

Minho made his way to the secret base. Occasionally he would see a dead body or two as some of the gangsters knew of this basement escape route. They probably had died from starvation or from killing each other. As he got closer to the door he was looking for he saw more dead bodies.

Minho finally found the door that lead to the sewer. There were many bodies by the door. Some of the bodies had fatal bullet wounds while other were dead by starvation. The door's lock was jammed trapping everyone inside.

Minho looked around for the secret passage. Minho found the door. There were three dead bodies in front of the door. Among the bodies by the door was the body of the big boss. He had a bullet in head head. One of the other gangsters that were trying to escape into the room had killed him as he was on his way to open the room.

Minho pushed the dead bodies out of the way. He tried to open the door with the code Seulgi had given him. He tried to open the door, but every time he entered the code the words error would appear.

If the code doesn't work Appa and I have this necklace. It's a key to the door. Minho remembered Seulgi showing off her necklace.

Minho went to the boss's body. He flipped the body over and searched the body. Minho took things like guns, and money from the body. He also took the key from the necklace. He returned to the door and looked for a key hole, but there was none to be found.

"Where is it?!" Minho shouted in rage.

Frustrated, Minho kicked the door. A flap opened in the wall. He looked at the flap and saw the key hole. Minho stuck the key inside. The door opened.

Slowly Minho, with guns drawn, he walked into the passage. The passage led to another door. Minho opened the door quietly. The door opened to a dark room. Minho carefully flipped on the lights.

"Wow!" Minho put his gun down and looked at the room.

The secret base was more like a mansion. Although everything was dusty it was pretty well kept. Even the AC was still running.

Minho explored the room. The living room had three couches and a large flat screen TV. The living room led into a large kitchen connected to a dinning room. The kitchen was stocked with food and the refrigerator was full. The boss always made sure that every month the base was stocked with new food and everything that they needed in case of an attack. The living room also led to a large game room filled with a pool table, a foosball table, a pinball machine, card table, and it had a large TV that was connected to many game consoles. There was also a bar in the game room.

Minho walked up the stairs. Upstairs there were three rooms each with their own bathroom. One was the guest room and was pretty empty. Another room looked like it was made for Seulgi, there were many female clothes and accessories. The last room was the boss's room. There were many male clothes and accessories in the room. There was also a large safe hidden in the closet. Minho tried to open the safe. He tried name different codes that they gangs used. He also tried the boss's birthday. When he finally tried Seulgi's birthday the safe opened.

"Damn." Minho's mouth dropped when he saw the contents of the safe.

Inside the safe there was a couple thousand dollars. There was also a few diamonds and expensive looking jewelry. Minho instantly closed the safe, making sure no one saw him.

Minho went back down the stairs. He saw a door across the door that he entered from. Minho opened the door and followed the hall to a basement of an abandoned small cafe in the good part of town. The cafe used to be run by the gang as a cover up for the loan company which was doing business in the back of the kitchen.

Minho went back to the base and prepared to go and get Onew, Key, Jessica, and Jonghyun. As he prepared to leave he saw a shoe rack. Above the shoe rack were keys. There were 10 keys that were exactly the same as the one he had taken from the boss's body. He took one of the keys and put it in his pocket before leaving to get the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where were you?" Jessica worriedly asked when Minho returned.

Jonghyun, Onew, and Key came out of the tent.

"Couldn't find cardboard?" Onew asked noticing Minho was empty handed.
Minho shook hid head. "No. I found something better. Pack all your bags. I found a place to stay." Minho smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Key asked when they arrived at the rubble of the buildings.
"Positive." Minho replied.

Key, Onew, and Jonghyun looked at the rubble. They were unsure of what Minho was planning since he hadn't explained anything to them. Jessica had a little more faith in Minho than the boys. She trusted that Minho had found someplace nice. Even if Minho had failed in finding someplace nice she wouldn't have mind because she, Onew, and Jonghyun had found someplace really bad to stay at one point or another.

Minho led them in to the basement. Once everyone was inside he closed the door.

"Alright," Minho started. "I haven't really told you about my past. It's not very pretty and I'll tell you about it another day, but right now I'll tell you little bit."

Onew, Key, Jonghyun, and Jessica looked at Minho. They didn't know anything about his past. The only thing they were was that someone important had died the day the found him. They didn't bother to ask anything about his past and waited for him to open up to them.

"So, my family comes from a family of gangsters." Minho explained. "I used to be one too, but something happened and I'm not one anymore." Minho looked at Key and Jonghyun. "Key, Jonghyun, remember that day you saw me in the alley? At that time I was no longer a gangster... but those people with me were gangsters."

Key and Jonghyun looked down. They didn't want to remember seeing Minho get beat up like that.

"Well that day you saw me in the park our gang was attacked by rival gangs. I was able to escape, but many of them died. Right now we're in one of the escape routes that led to the sewer for the gang." Minho explained. "We're going to the gang boss's emergency base. I just checked it out today. It's safe. No one has been there since the attack. We can live there. It's a really nice place, however there's a catch." Minho looked at them nervously.

"What is it?" Jonghyun asked.
"You're not going to kill us right?" Key asked.
"Yah!" Onew, Jessica, and Jonghyun slapped Key.
"What? I was kidding. I know he's not going to kill us. He would have done it already." Key held his shoulder where Jessica had given him a piercing slap.
"Continue," Jessica told Minho. "We're not worried about your past. You're our friend and who you were in the past doesn't matter. It's who you are now that counts."
"Thanks Jessica." Minho was grateful. "But that's not the catch. I said this was an escape route right?"

Everyone nodded.

"Well when the building collapsed, the door we came through was blocked by a large block of cement and the door to the sewer jammed, so everyone inside was trapped. They probably went crazy and killed each other or died from starvation, but on the way to the base you're going to see a lot of dead bodies." Minho warned.

Minho lead everyone into the hall. Minho was worried that everyone would freak out when they saw the bodies, however, none of them freaked out.

"Can I ask you something?" Minho asked as they made their way down the hall.
"Go ahead." Onew replied.
"Why aren't you scared of the bodies?" Minho asked. "Usually everyone freaks out."
Onew shrugged. "Before I met Jessica and Jonghyun I use to live at the hall with all these other homeless people. I would see people dying all the time especially during the winter."
"What about you Key?" Minho asked.
Key thought hard about why he wasn't afraid. "I'm not sure why." He replied. "But I think it's because I nearly died myself."

Minho looked at Jessica and Jonghyun.

"I'm not afraid because we saw our mom and dad get killed right in front of us." Jonghyun replied.
"Killed? What do you mean?" Minho asked.

Minho and Key actually didn't know much about Jonghyun and Jessica's past. They only knew that they had joined Onew on Jonghyun's birthday after their parent's death. How Jonghyun and Jessica's parents died they didn't know.

Jonghyun explained about how their parents were killed and why he and Jessica were now living on the street. Jessica stayed silent as she remembered that night. Onew came up from behind her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"SE7EN." Minho repeated the gangster's name. "I've heard of him before. He's one of the best gangsters out there. The gang I was in doesn't even come close to their level. SE7EN's really bad."

The rest of the trip down the hall was silent. Everyone was thinking about Jessica and Jonghyun's past.

They were passing the door to the sewer the pile of bodies twitched. Everyone froze. Minho took out his gun. He aimed it at bodies. The leg of a man moved. Minho shot the leg. He slowly approached the body and kicked it from the pant leg the body of rat fell out.

Everyone let of a breath of relief. Minho led the group to the secret base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun, Minho, Onew, Key, and Jessica had been living at the secret base for almost half a year. They were no longer homeless. In fact they were living better then they were living then they ever had before. They no longer had to steal anything, and could buy anything they wanted. They also could eat bigger portions of food and let is waste if they wanted.

Jessica and Onew reopened the cafe as a source of income since they were worried about suddenly not having money again. Jessica and Onew worked at the cafe daily. Jonghyun worked on Monday and Tuesday. Minho worked at the cafe on Wednesday and Thursay. Key worked on Friday and Saturday. Sundays the cafe was closed. The cafe wasn't too busy, but it was mostly filled with students looking for a places to study.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a cloudy Saturday when Minho and Jonghyun were lounging around the base. They were incredibly bored. Key and Onew were working at the cafe while Jessica had stepped out to buy ingredients for dinner.

"Why do you keep watching that?" Minho asked Jonghyun, who was was watching a Power Ranger video he had received from his parents for his 6th birthday.
"I got it from my Appa." Jonghyun replied. "This is also the video that saved my life. Without this video I would have probably died on the streets. In this movie the rangers' base gets infiltrated by the enemy. They rangers move to the woods with the things they need to survive. When Jessica and I ran left our house, we would have left with nothing on us if I didn't remember this movie."

The monster that infiltrated the Power Rangers' base appeared on the screen.

"That would be SE7EN." Jonghyun pointed at the screen. "The stupid monster that ruins everything." Jonghyun sighed. "When I was small every time I would think of SE7EN and my parents I would think of this movie. In the end the Rangers beat the monster and everything goes back to normal. Maybe if I kill SE7EN things will go back to normal as well."
Minho chuckled. "An 19 year old using Power Ranger analogies?"
"Hey that bastard took my childhood. I should be allowed to act immature to make up for the childhood I didn't have." Jonghyun replied.

Jonghyun went back to watching his movie. Minho went into the game room. He started to play basketball with the basketball hoop he has installed into the room. A few minutes later Jonghyun came into the room.

"I have a question." Jonghyun asked Minho.
"Wait." Minho replied. "Play a game with me. When you get three points you can ask me our question."
"That's not fair I'm short." Jonghyun replied as he walked towards Minho. Jonghyun stole the ball and threw it into the basket. "Two more to go."

Finally after a thirty minute game Jonghyun scored 2 points, while Minho had scored 11. Jonghyun had the ball and threw it towards the basket. The ball missed the basket and hit the wall behind the bar instead. A secret door opened from behind the bar. Curiously Minho and Jonghyun went inside.

"Damn." Minho and Jonghyun said in unison.

The door led to a large sound proof training room willed with many equipment and weapons. Minho looked around at the equipment. Jonghyun noticed an office in the back.

"Minho, come look at this." Jonghyun called him over.

Minho and Jonghyun went inside the office. There was many file cabinets along the walls. There was also a desk with three computers in the center of the room. Minho looked at the file cabinets while Jonghyun the computer.

The each file cabinet was filled with different information. One was filled with information about each gang member, Another was filled with information on the many different rival gangs. Minho also found one with the names of people who borrowed money.

"What's the password?" Jonghyun asked Minho.

Minho gave Jonghyun Seulgi's birthday and Jonghyun logged in.

"What kind of father sends his daughter out into ion, yet uses her birthday as his passwords, and gets all worked up about someone his daughter?" Minho mumbled his complaints when the computer accepted Seulgi's birthday as the password.

"Wow look at this." Jonghyun told Minho.

Minho came by Jonghyun and looked at the screens.

"Hey what's all of this?" Onew asked as he came into the office with Key, startling Jonghyun and Minho.
"We were playing basket ball and the ball hit some switch that lead into this room." Jonghyun replied.
"I think this is the boss's secret information center." Minho told the boys. "The training room outside as a whole bunch of new guns that were never issued to the gang, and there's a lot of ammo too. Also all these file cabinets are filled with classified information. This computer is probably loaded with information too. Wait click on that." Minho pointed to an icon.

Jonghyun clicked on the icon and surveillance camera videos appeared on the screen. There were video cameras in every room of the house and inside the cafe. Minho pointed to another icon. The next icon led to a list of people who still owed money to the gang. Minho pointed to another. The icon led to a list of people who were associated with the gang.

"With all of this information you could make a new gang." Minho thought out loud unknowingly.
"But I don't think we should." Onew told Minho.
"Should what?" Minho asked.
Onew looked at Minho confused. "Make a gang. You said-"
"Oh, I said that out loud? Sorry. That wasn't supposed to be heard." Minho said embarrassed.

"Trouble!! Jonghyun where are you?!" Jessica yelled outside.

The boys immediately ran out of the training room to Jessica. Jessica was empty handed. Jessica spotted Jonghyun. She grabbed his shoulders.

"SE7EN was at that super market." Jessica exclaimed. "Him and his men were in the car waiting in front of it. I turned around and left. I was about to go back to the cafe, but there was another set of black cars in front of it. I came in through the escape route." Jessica explained. "I think they found us."
"Go in the training room." Minho ordered.

Everyone went in to the training room. Minho went to check on the door leading to the cafe. He checked on the lock then went to the training room. Minho saw everyone in the office. They were gathered around Jonghyun who was looking at the surveillance videos.

"Minho. We really are in trouble." Jonghyun showed Minho the video.

On the video there were two black cars waiting in front of the shop. One momentarily rolled down it's window. At that moment SE7EN's face was clearly seen on the camera.

"What do we do? There's nowhere we can go. This place is all we have." Jessica exclaimed.

Everyone was silent. They were all thinking of something they would all do. Jessica came up with the conclusion that only she and Jonghyun should leave, but everyone shut the idea down.

"I'm not letting you leave us." Key exclaimed. "You're our family now. You saved all of our lives, so know we're going to save yours."
Onew nodded in agreement. "I'm not letting you leave. We've been together for over 10 years. We've done so much together that I don't think I could live without the both of you."
"Running away isn't going to solve anything." Minho told Jessica. "SE7EN will only hunt you down again. Besides the moment you picked me up at the park your problems are my problems."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night Jonghyun got out of the room he shared with Key. He went to Jessica who was staying in Seulgi's room. Jessica was sleeping. She was tossing and turning like she was having a nightmare. Jonghyun walked in a kissed her cheek. Jessica's lips turned into a smile and she stopped moving around. Jonghyun fixed the blanket over her.

Jonghyun noticed the family album that Jessica had on the dresser next to her. He hadn't looked at the pictures since he left his house 12 years ago. He opened the album and looked at the pictures of his family.

Key sat up after hearing Jonghyun leave the room. He couldn't sleep at all. He was worried about Jonghyun and Jessica. Key wanted to help them since Jonghyun had saved his life. Key began to think about what he could do to help Jonghyun and Jessica.

Onew was also wake. He was in the boss's room that he shared with Minho. Onew was pacing around the room wondering what he could do to help Jonghyun and Jessica. He thought of many things including faking their deaths, but they were already dead to society, so their faking their deaths wouldn't do anything. Onew also thought about marrying Jessica and changing her name, but that would require legal documents of their existence that neither of them had. Also marrying Jessica wouldn't do anything to help Jonghyun.

Minho was sitting in the training room office thinking of ways to save Jonghyun and Jessica. He wanted to replay is debt and since SE7EN was a boss of a one of the biggest gangs out there, and since he grew up within a gang he figured that he had the best chance of helping them.

Through the surveillance videos Minho saw Onew walking into the game room. Minho stood up and walked out of the office as Onew entered the training room.

"Is something wrong?" Minho asked.
Onew shook his head. "I was wondering if you could teach me how to protect Jonghyun and Jessica."
"What do you mean?" Minho asked.
"Like teach me to fight." Key answered.

Minho and Onew looked at Key who had just walked into the room.

"We want to be able to do something to help them even if it doesn't do anything at all." Key replied.
"We want to do something, but we can't think of anything." Onew continued for Key. "If we learn to fight maybe we'll be able to give them at least a few minutes to run away before SE7EN starts chasing them."
"It's better than nothing." Key added.

"Who said we're running." Jonghyun'c voice echoed through the room.

Minho, Key, and Onew looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun walked towards them.

"So I was sitting in Jessica's room looking at our old picture albums and remembering things that happened in the past. As I sat there I noticed that in almost every single picture I was in I had a Power Ranger toy or a Power Ranger shirt. I also remembered that I was so in love with Power Rangers because they were strong, kicked , never gave up, and never ran away. So I got to thinking maybe we shouldn't be running from SE7EN. Maybe we should face SE7EN." Jonghyun looked at Onew and Key.

"If SE7EN hasn't stopped chasing us by now then he's gonna stop chasing us. If we keep running away from SE7EN then none of us are going to ever have a decent life. I want to see Jessica get married. Hell even I want to get married." Jonghyun looked at Minho. "I thought about Minho saying we could make a gang. I thought that maybe we could start up our own gang, so one day we could face him. We're already living dirty money, and we've already done things under the law. I know being in a gang is extremely under the law, but the law left us behind anyway. I really don't have anything left to lose. If I can build a gang that can take SE7EN down, so that Jessica and I can live a better life I'll do it."

"You know building a gang is going to be tough and building one that can take down SE7EN's gang, which is one of the best gangs around, is going to be harder." Minho told Jonghyun.
"I know it is, but I don't care." Jonghyun answered. "I'll work for it and build the best damn gang out there that I'll finish SE7EN once and for all. I'm tired of running around Seoul freezing my off in a small little tent, scavenging for food just because some old guy wants money from my uncle!"

Key and Onew looked at each other. Jonghyun was staring at Minho, waiting for Minho's response.

"I'll help you build your gang." Minho looked strait in into Jonghyun's eyes. "I owe you guys my life. I don't mind giving up my life for you. I'll help you take down SE7EN."
"I'll help too." Key joined in. "You saved mine, so I'll save yours."
"I'll join as well." Onew put his hand on Jonghyun's shoulder. "I'll do anything to help you and Jessica."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since that day the boys came a gang of four. They began training to fight. During the day they would work at the cafe and at night they would train for their gang. Minho taught them everything from weapons, hand-to-hand combat, to deciphering encrypted messages. Onew had found a few book in the base about hacking and fixing technology. He soon became a pro in the intelligence side and taught everyone else how to hack and use technology.

Jessica, who was unaware of their transformation into a gang, started to notice that the boys were starting to get physically in shape. She also noticed that the boys' senses and reflexes were getting better.

One night Jessica woke up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. She went to Jonghyun's room and found no one there. She went into Onew's and found no one there as well. Jessica went downstairs to look for the boys. She heard voices from the training room and peaked inside. Onew, Key, Jongyun, and Minho were discussing how to make their gang bigger and how to make money..

"There are a few ways that we can make ourselves known and make money." Minho began. "Every gang has to have a source of income, so they usually either sell drugs and alcohol, give out loans, or have a club."
"Give out loans as in loan sharks right?" Key asked.
"Yes." Minho replied.
"I don't like the drug idea." Onew voiced his opinion. "I mean if we start that business and we get all high and stuff we're not going to be in the right mind to face SE7EN."
"That's the fastest way to get rich, but I agree with you." Minho nodded. "Most gangs fall apart there."
"What about the loan shark idea. I mean we have the things we need for it and we also have a couple hundred people that owe your former gang some money. We can continue where they ended." Key pointed at the file cabinets.
"That's not a bad idea." Jonghyun said.
"That's a great idea, but when your loan sharking you need to be intimidating. You also need to be able to shoot someone if it comes down to it." Minho reminded from his experience.
"I don't think we'll have a problem with that." Onew said. "But we'll start small just in case."
"Good, but as we start getting into the bigger loans we'll need more people in the gang. I know a place where we can find a few people to join us." Minho added. "After a while we'll start to get our name out there. People will start coming to us."

"So this is what you guys have been doing?" Jessica finally entered the room after hearing everything. "You guys started a gang without me."

The boys stayed quiet. They didn't know if Jessica was angry or not.

"What's the gang called?" Jessica asked. "Who is the leader?"
"I'm the leader." Jonghyun stood up. "And there is no name yet."

Jonghyun stood their nervously, but showed an emotionless face like Minho had taught him. Jessica walked up to Jonghyun.

"What's the purpose of this gang?" Jessica asked.
"To face SE7EN." Jonghyun replied. "To get rid of SE7EN for out parents, you and me. So that we can live a life without running away."
Jessica pulled Jonghyun's face towards her's. "I want in." Jessica sat down by Onew. "You guys can't start a gang without me. I've been here since day one, so don't you dare think about taking SE7EN without me."
"Jessica it's dangerous." Onew tried to persuade her out of it.
"I don't care." Jessica crossed her arms. "I want in. If you guys don't want to take me out on our missions then fine, but I'm running control central. I know how to use that computer over there and I know how to organize things."

Jonghyun looked at Jessica. He could tell that Jessica was just as determined as he was, therefore, no one could persuade her out of it.

"Fine you're in." Jonghyun agreed. "You're running everything that happens at the base. Onew will teach you hacking, and Minho will teach you how to fight."
"Thanks." Jessica smiled and kissed her brother's cheek. "I have an idea about the club." Jessica added. "We can turn the cafe into a club. It's big enough for a club and it looked just like the club a few blocks away. All we have to do is knock down the few counters, put in a stage, add a bar, and a music system and we're good. You can also use the back room as your loan room." The boys nodded in agreement at Jessica's idea. "Also can I name the gang?"
"Go for it." Jonghyun replied.
"SHINee." Jessica replied. "Because we were in the dark wondering what to do with our lives and we all came together to shine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within the next 2 years SHINee became one of the fastest growing gangs in Seoul. SHINee became one of the top 10 gangs in Seoul. SHINee was known as one of the fiercest gangs out there. No one dared to mess with SHINee.

SHINee no longer lived in the small secret base of Minho's former gang leader, but moved into a new base, which they built up near the mountains. They also rebuilt a new base, which they called the "Temporary Base" where the ruins of the three buildings from the former gang stood. They were also working on building a more efficient base which they called "Lucifer."

"Key, we're going out." Jonghyun walked in to Key's room and threw him a folder. "We're leaving in 15 minutes."

Key caught the folder and opened it. "Lee Youngwan... He owes... $2,000,000 with interest."

Key grabbed his guns and car keys. He also put on his shades and jacket. He walked out of his room. As he did Minho passed him. Minho touched Key's pelvis.

Key shivered as the touch reminded him of Woohyun's numerous sessions. Key shook the thought away as he knew Minho wasn't like that and wasn't going to hurt him in anyway. He looked down at his pelvis where Minho has touched. On the belt hook of his jeans there was a set of handcuffs with keys and a note.

You never know when this might come in handy. -Minho

Key took off the handcuffs and put it in his pocket. He hooked the keys onto his car keys before continuing on. He met Onew and Jessica as they were coming out of the elevator hand in hand. As soon as they saw Key they removed their hands. Key looked at them both, shocked.

"Don't tell Jonghyun." Jessica told Key.
"We're not going out yet." Onew said. "We're just a little more than friends."
"I know nothing." Key told Onew and Jessica.

Key stepped into the elevator and it went down. Jessica looked at Onew, and Onew looked back at her. They were worried about Key telling Jonghyun or Minho.

Key went down to the parking garage. There were 6 rows of men waiting for him. They instantly bowed as Key walked passed them. At the end of the rows of men Jonghyun was waiting.

Jonghyun got into his car as Key got in his. They drove off and two black cars followed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun, Key, and their men arrived at Lee Youngwan's house. The door was wide open and there were screaming and yelling in the house. There were 2 unfamiliar black car in front of the house. Jonghyun ordered half of his men to go around the back and the other half to stay in the car. Jonghyun predicted that some people would come out of the house.

A short while later, like Jonghyun had predicted, people came out of the house. Men in suits came out of the house and through the doorway a man was pulling the boy, no older than Key or Minho, by his hair.

"Appa!! Please!! Help me!!" The boy yelled for his father as he tried to fight his way out of the man's grip. "Appa!! Ap-"
"Shut up boy!!" The man pushed the boy into the door. "What point of 'you've been sold' don't you understand? You're our property now."

The boy's back hit the doorknob and his fell to the ground. The man sat on the boy pinning the boy to the ground. He slapped the boy's face a few times. The boy was crying.

"Are you sure you're a boy? I think you're too pretty to be a boy. Let's have a see." The man on top of the boy began to violate the boy.
"Appa!! Help!!" The boy cried. "Stop!! Please it hurt!! Sto- Ahhh!!!!"

The boy screamed as the man tore off the boy's shirt and began playing with the boy.

Key, who was in the car, was furious. Seeing the boy like that reminded him of himself. He screamed for help when Woohyun him, but no one came to his aid.

Key took out his gun. He was about to open the door when there was a gun shot. The man fell dead on top of the boy. Key looked at the source of the bullet. Jonghyun was already of out his car with his gun drawn, aiming straight at the man.

The man's friends began to attack Jonghyun. Jonghyun's men attacked back. Jonghyun ran to the boy. Key followed him.

Jonghyun flipped the dead man off of the boy. The boy looked at Jonghyun with fear in his eyes.

"D-d-d-don't hurt me!!" The boy pleaded as he cried.
"Key, take the boy to the base." Jonghyun ordered.

Key reached for the boy, but the boy fought back.

"No, no, no!! Don't touch me!!" The boy began screaming and fighting back.

Having no choice, Key grabbed the boy and flipped him onto his stomach. Key handcuffed the boy's hands behind his back. Key carried the boy into his car. Key put his jacket over the boy's exposed body and drove back to the base.

Meanwhile Jonghyun looked for Youngwan as he fought with the rival gang. Jonghyun found Youngwan in the basement with the gang leader and two of him men. Jonghyun had all his men behind him since they had taken out the men upstairs.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" The leader shouted at Jonghyun with his gun pointed at him. "Do you have a death wish? Don't you know who I am?"

Jonghyun looked at the leader.

"Does it look like I care?" Jonghyun smirked. "The question is do you know who I am?" Jonghyun walked closer to the leader. "Lee Youngwan, want to tell him who I am?"
"S-S-S-SHINee's l-l-l-leader J-J-J-Jonghyun." Youngwan stuttered.

The leader and his two men shook with fear. Jongyun grabbed the gun from the leader and knocked him out. The two men looked at Jonghyun wondering what he was going to do to them.

"Please don't hurt us." One man said. "I have a family to feed."
"Please let us join you." The other said.

Jonghyun looked at the two men. "I want all of these three back at base." Jonghyun ordered. "Give these two the test. If they pass their in. If their not they can join Youngwan, and their boss here in repaying their debt to SHINee."

Jonghyun left first. Jonghyun's men took Youngwan and the men back to the base.