Broken

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

Key and Jonghyun were sitting at the table in the dining room. Key was staring at Amber's blood dried on his hands. Jonghyun was staring at his gun that he had placed on the table. Onew had gone to protect for Jessica and Yuri, while Taemin and Minho left to find SE7EN.

A few minutes prior Onew had contacted Jonghyun and let him know that he and his family had gone into hiding. They would stay hidden until Jonghyun had given them the all clear to return.

Key continued to stare at his hands. He was entirely covered in Amber's blood and had refused to change. He also refused to part with Amber that Jonghyun had to pry her body away from him. When Jonghyun brought Key into their apartment, Key sat down at the table and stared at his hands silently. He hadn't moved since then.

Jonghyun looked at Key then down at his gun. The thought that Amber was innocently killed in place of Jessica and himself was weighing down on him.

It's all my fault. I should have dealt with SE7EN first. I should have been killed instead of Amber. I'll kill SE7EN the next time he-

"We found him!!" Minho exclaimed as he ran into the room.

Key and Jonghyun looked up at Minho and Taemin.

"He’s going around clubbing." Minho informed. “He bought out Club Festive for the night.”
Jonghyun stood up. “Let’s go.”
“No.” Key said surprising everyone. “Not tonight. SE7EN’s probably sitting in the club waiting for us to walk in and ambush us. Not tonight.”
“Key,” Taemin, Minho, and Jonghyun whispered in shock.
“If we’re going after SE7EN I want to be sure that he dies. I’m not leaving without a kill.” Key said.

Key stood up and left surprising everyone.

"Jonghyun," Minho turned to him. "What do we do? It's your call."
"No it's not. It's Key's." Jonghyun replied. "You heard him."

Jonghyun left the room.

"Taemin," Minho called the boy next to him. "Go in and check on Key in an hour. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid to himself. If he goes after SE7EN, let us now."

----------------------------

"Key?" Taemin poked his head into Key's room.

Key was lying down on his bed staring at the ceiling. He had cleaned himself up and thrown his blood stained clothes onto the floor.

"Key?" Taemin called louder.

Key looked at Taemin then moved over to the side. Taemin scurried into the room and laid down beside Key. He cuddled against Key's chest.

"Remember when I used to do this when I first came here?" Taemin said. "You can use me now."

A faint smile appeared on Key's face. He turned over and comfortably hugged Taemin, exchanging no words.

Taemin looked up at Key. No matter what he said now he knew that Key couldn't hear him. He could do nothing to help Key other than hug his favorite Hyung in hopes that Key would just cry in heart out.

---------------------------------------

Jonghyun sat in their house bar with Minho. There were 5 bottles of beer on the counter and a sixth in Jonghyun's hand. Minho sat on the side quietly watching over Jonghyun.

"Why is it that no matter how much I drink I can't get drunk?" Jonghyun complained as he grabbed another bottle.
"You know, it should be you in there with Key consoling him, not Taemin. You're his best friend. He's more open with you." Minho said taking the empty bottles and putting them in the bin for empty bottles.
"He doesn't want to see me." Jonghyun replied. "I practically killed Amber."
"No you didn't." Minho replied.
"Yes I did!" Jonghyun shouted. "I should be dead, not Amber!" He gulped down another bottle. "!! Just let me get drunk already!!"