My Family

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

Jonghyun and Onew were just finishing up with a smaller gang that was messing around claiming to be SHINee when both of their phones began to ring. Both gangsters answered their phone.

"Taemin slow down." Onew told Taemin who was talking like he had a sugar rush. "WHAT?! WHERE?! I'M ON MY WAY!!"

Onew jumped into his car and sped away leaving Jonghyun and their men behind.

"SHE'S DUE NOW?!!" Jonghyun shouted causing the men behind him to jump since he was normally cool headed. "Take care of her. I'm coming."

Jonghyun ran to his car. In a flash Jonghyun gone leaving his men in a pile of smoke.

Jonghyun headed towards their base speeding way over the speed limit, pushing the speedometer as far as his sports car would let him. He was two hours away from Seoul, but with his driving he was going to make it to Seoul in half the time.

His black car turned the corner passing a black and white police car. The sirens and started to follow him.

Jonghyun cursed as he looked in his rear view mirror. "Try and keep up."

Jonghyun pushed the pedal harder and began overtaking cars in front of him. He took dangerous roads that twisted and turned knowing that the police car couldn't keep up with his pace while trying to navigate the roads. Soon enough he lost the police car and headed towards his base.

"What took you so long?" Minho asked Jonghyun when he arrived at the base.
"A female cop decided to play cat and mouse with me." Jonghyun replied.
Minho rolled his eyes. "Just hurry. Jessica is giving birth now."

Jonghyun and Minho ran into medical center of the base.

"WHERE THE HELL IS JONGHYUN?!!!" Jessica's voice echoed through the base.

"I'm here." Jonghyun ran to Jessica and grabbed her free hand.

Jessica was laying on one of the beds covered in sweat, screaming in pain. Onew held Jessica's hand while Jonghyun had another. The doctor was coaching Jessica on how to give birth.

After what seemed like forever a baby's crying filled the base. Jessica took her baby from the doctor.

"You have a healthy baby girl." The doctor proudly announced. "Congratulations."

Jessica smiled at her little girl. Onew kissed Jessica's head and looked down proudly at his family. Jessica and Onew held hands as they looked at their little creation.

Jonghyun wanted to join in and proudly look at his new niece, but he felt out of place. There was a picture perfect family in front of him. Jessica had a husband and a child, what did she need Jonghyun for? Jonghyun snapped a picture of the family with his phone before exiting the room.

Key, Taemin, Minho, and Amber walked up to Jonghyun as soon as he closed the door.

"So what is it?" Key asked.
"A baby girl." Jongyun replied showing them the picture on his phone. "But don't bother them now. We can visit later. They must be tired."

Everyone proudly looked at the picture with huge grins on their faces. They all send themselves the picture of the new family.

Jonghyun walked away from the medical center and headed towards the bar. Key caught a weird vibe from Jonghyun and excused himself from the room following Jonghyun.

Jonghyun opened a new bottle of wine and poured himself a glass. He downed a glass and filled himself another. Before he could put the bottle down a hand with an empty glass appeared.

"So why are we alone instead of with the others?" Key asked as Jonghyun poured him a glass.
"I felt like celebrating." Jonghyun lied.
"Don't lie." Key gave Jonghyun a look.

Jonghyun tried to make a straight face, but the face never worked with Key or any of the SHINee members.

"Okay I felt out of place." He confessed. "Jessica has a new man beside her and I'm left on the side. I felt like Jessica and Onew finally achieved something that I can never have. They have a family... a real family. Mother, father, and daughter. It's like they left me behind while they took a plane to paradise. DON'T GET ME WRONG THOUGH." Jonghyun emphasized. "I'm happy for them, but I want more for them. They don't belong with us any more. They should go out and live like a normal family. Their baby should grow up normally. No gangs, no SE7EN."

Key took a sip of his whine while thinking.

"Why don't we buy them a house." Key suggested. "We can buy them a nice house in a nice neighborhood. They can live normally there and not have to worry about any gang stuff."

"Hey what's going on in here?" Minho, Taemin, and Amber came into the bar.

Amber flipped on the lights. "Why was it so dark in here?"
"We were thinking about buying Onew and Jessica a house so they can live like a normal family." Key told everyone.
"I think that's a great idea." Taemin clapped his hands.

Soon enough everyone was talking about buying the new family a house. Jonghyun placed aside his unhappy feelings and looked at the bright side of the baby being born. Jessica and Onew were finally able to become a normal family that they always wanted to be.