Guilty

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

The next few weeks were solemn with mourning. The SHINee gang was entirely shaken. Jonghyun nor SHINee had not seen Onew, Jessica, or Yuri since they went into hiding although Onew did keep in contact with everyone. Minho and Taemin ran the gang, while Key slowly recovered from his broken heart. Jonghyun was guilt ridden and was practically was living in his club unable to face Key. He hadn't spoken to Key since the day of Amber's death.

Key sighed as he looked at Amber's picture for the millionth time. "I wish you were here. I'm sorry." He mumbled.

Key rolled over in his bed, which now felt empty without her.

"Taemin hurry up!" He heard Minho shout. "We have to bust them before the cops do."
"I'm coming!" Taemin exclaimed. "I worked quadruple time yesterday, so I only got an hour of sleep."
"So did I." Minho retorted. "Onew's in hiding, Key's gone, and Jonghyun's rolling in guilt, who do you think is running this place!?"
"I'm helping you run it too!" Taemin shouted. "Don't take it out on me!"
"I'm not!" Minho denied. "Just hurry up or the cops will beat us to them."
"I'm coming!" Taemin exclaimed as he ran down the hall.

Key sat up. What am I doing? I'm part of the gang too. I can't be acting like this and let Minho and Taemin run the place by themselves. I came here to help Jonghyun. I knew the risks of being part of the gang, so I shouldn't be wallowing around like this. I should just hurry up and kill SE7EN for Amber and Jonghyun's parents instead of acting pitiful like this.

Key grabbed his car keys and left the room.

----------------------------------

Key entered Jonghyun's club. It was still light up, so the club was closed and empty of people. He looked around for Jonghyun. He found him sleeping on the couch up in the VIP lounge.

"You know you're vulnerable to attacks right now. SE7EN could just walk in here and kill you if he wanted." Key said as he approached Jonghyun.
"Let him." Jonghyun mumbled as he rolled away facing the other direction from Key.

Key sighed. He took a chair from the table and brought it over to the couch. He sat down in front of Jonghyun.

"Why are you staying here all day?" Key asked. "You haven't come home in weeks."
"Am I allowed home?" Jonghyun asked.
"Yes." Key replied. "Look, I over heard Minho saying that you were feeling guilty about Amber. It's not your fault. I knew the risks. I just wasn't careful enough."
"It's not your fault Key. It's mine." Jonghyun replied. "I brought you into our mess. They even thought Amber was Jessica. It's completely my fault."
"No it's not." Key assured. "I never blamed you. I was just mad at myself for not being able to protect her. Please come back to the gang. We need to make it safe enough for Jessica and Yuri to come back again. Help me kill SE7EN."

Startled by Key's words Jonghyun sat up.

"You want to kill SE7EN now?" Jonghyun asked.
"For Amber." Key replied. "And I need your help. We'll take down SE7EN for Amber and your family. Are you with me?"
Jonghyun hesitantly nodded. "I am."
"Good." Key pulled Jonghyun up. "Let's get started."