Minho's Past Part 2

Gangs Of Seoul: Origins (Prequel to Gangs of Seoul)

"Get up!!!" the next morning while Minho was still sleeping he was pushed down his bed.

Minho whined a bit as he felt the sudden pain from falling on the floor.

"Get up I said!!!!" the man who had pushed him shouted and pulled Minho up. He was only wearing his boxers but was dragged out the room.

Minho had no idea what was going on, why he was suddenly treated like this.
"Where are you taking me?" Minho asked but all he got as an answer was a slap on his cheek.

"Shut your mouth and follow." the man snapped. Minho felt afraid and just followed him in silence.

They walked outside and made their way to the other big building where the big boss stayed at.
They walked in the huge door, walked through the luxurious looking hallways until they reached the big boss' room.

Minho started feeling really nervous as the big boss was really strict and he was only wearing his boxers, nothing else. And he always tried to avoid the big boss otherwise as he was too scary to the teenage boy.

The man pushed Minho inside the room. He gasped and quickly tried to cover himself with his hands.

The big boss was now sitting right in front of Minho's eyes behind his desk. He was glaring at Minho with a gaze that could kill even the bravest of men.

"Sir.." Minho bowed deeply while still covering his body.

"How dare you come here dressed like that!!" the big boss shouted and stood up.
"But.. he.. just... just.." Minho stuttered avoiding his eyes.

"Fine fine.. I don't actually care. You deserve to be exposed like this after what you did to my daughter... how could you do this to her? How could you bring such disgrace on my daughter!!!" the boss shouted.

A huge confusion filled Minho's head. He had no idea what he was talking about.

"But I never ... I.. sir ... I .. didn't..." Minho stuttered looking around him nervously. Just then he noticed Seulgi standing in the corner, staring down the floor.

"Seulgi! What does he mean? What did I do?" Minho exclaimed. Seulgi said nothing, just stared down on the floor.

"Still denying it!!?" the boss shouted. His head was all red from fury towards Minho.
"Should I refresh his memory a bit.." Doojoon who had just entered the room asked the boss.

Without even waiting for the boss to answer he pulled Minho with him to the corner where he had his computer.

Doojoon showed Minho the video he had edited. It really looked like Minho had Seulgi.

Minho stared at the screen wide eyed.
But that's not what happened. Seulgi just... she just came and... that's not it!!! And how.. who even filmed this!!???

Seulgi who was standing in the corner had never felt this guilty in her life. Never.

Minho turned around shaking his head. "Sir.. I... that.."
"Be quiet. There's no need for excuses! I saw what I saw and Seulgi told me what happened. You think I wouldn't trust my one and only daughter!!!" the boss shouted.

Doojoon smirked victoriously and quietly left the room.

"It was like that right Seulgi. Minho you." the boss asked. Minho's eyes turned to Seulgi, hoping she would say that was not the truth.

Seulgi still didn't dare lift her head. She didn't want to do this to Minho, she really didn't. But in the end she nodded her head. "Yes. He me."

Seulgi's words echoed in Minho's ears, making everything collapse. He felt devastated, he couldn't believe Seulgi would say something like this about him.

"You thought you could just play around in my house like this? You thought I wouldn't find out!!!!" the boss shouted and punched Minho.

Minho fell down on the floor but he didn't even feel the pain, the pain in his soul was much bigger. Seulgi's words hurt him so bad.

--------------------------------------------

From that day on Minho's life turned into hell.

Each and every day he was beaten and humiliated by the other gangsters.

Seulgi's father wanted him to feel pain thousands of times worse than what he believed his daughter had felt when Minho her.

Minho felt helpless, he felt his will to live dying more and more inside him each and every day.
Seulgi had completely thrown him away too. She just silently watched all this happening to Minho.

The only creature giving some affection to Minho in the whole place was the cat, Flame.
Flame would sit by Minho at nights in his room while Minho told all his worries, never expecting a response.

------------------------------------------------

One year later when Minho was 16, he had been out with some of the gang members, including the big boss.

For some reason the gangsters had begun talking about Seulgi's issue once again.. and the boss had exploded completely.

He had dragged Minho to some alley and started beating the poor boy madly, stripping him off his clothes, letting out every peace of his fury.


"Ahhhhh!!!" Minho screamed in pain as he was whipped.

He was leaning on the wall with his arms as support and was facing the wall. His back was covered with angry red lines that were bleeding.

After a while it all stopped. Minho was panting, the pain filled him all over.

"Enough." the boss, said from the doorway that led into one of the buildings. "Bring him in. And don't get blood on my floor."

The boss disappeared into the building along with two of the men.

One man with the whip whipped Minho a few more times before going into the building. Minho fell onto his knees.

"Get up!" One of the two men left outside ordered. "I said get up!!"

The men forcefully pulled Minho off the ground. They started pushing him towards the building. Minho stopped and looked towards the trashcan. He had noticed someone there, staring. He made eye contact with two unfamiliar boys.

"Hurry up!" One of the men shouted.

The man pushed Minho into the building, breaking his eye contact with the boys.
As soon as they got inside, just walking up the stairs had made Minho feel bad, dizzy after all that beating.

His view became blurry and he fell on the floor, fainting.

---------------------------

A few months from that day had passed.

It was a beautiful morning.
Everything was really strange that morning, it was really peaceful. No one had bothered Minho at all.

Minho just walked down the stairs when he was suddenly pulled behind the corner.
It was a man called Ji Sub.

Minho stared at him, expecting to be beaten once again. But instead, he just patted Minho's shoulder.

"There will be something big happening tonight. So Minho.. you just leave. Leave this whole place and go live somewhere where you can have a better life. This place, you won't be able to return here ever again. So just leave now, fast, okay. You should leave before 7pm, okay?" Ji Sub told Minho.

Minho was confused. "Leave? Why? What kind of big thing?"
"Just leave." Ji Sub said and walked away, whistling as he walked.

Throughout the day, Minho thought about what Ji Sub had told him.
He finally decided to leave the place but he wanted to wait till it was 7 as he wanted to know what was going to happen.

He took a small backbag but everything he put in was some money and two guns. He sat in his room, staring at the clock, waiting that it was around 7.

When it was around 6.30, he went out the building but stood behind a tree waiting for that big thing to happen, though he had no idea what it was.

Right when it hit 7.00, he saw a huge group of people coming out one part of the bigger building. Half of the men ran to the building where the big boss lived and half of the men ran to the building where Seulgi was in.

After a few minutes, from each buildings Minho could hear screaming, shouting, yelling, beating, things crashing inside. Among all that noise, he could clearly hear one voice, Seulgi's voice.

Seulgi!!! Are they hurting her!!??
He was about to run back to the building. Even though Seulgi had betrayed him like that before, he still cared about her, he cared about her more than anyone else.

But just then he saw all those men running back outside, they ran out of the buildings really fast.

"Everyone stay back!!!" he heard someone yell. "It's going to explode in 2 minutes."

Minho's eyes widened. Explode!!! Seulgi.. is she still inside there!! I didn't see her come out!!!

Minho panicked, he ran closer to the house. "SEULGI~!!!! GET OUT NOW!!! SOMETHING IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!" he shouted and ran to where Seulgi's room's window was.

Soon he heard Seulgi's voice faintly. "MINHO!!! I CAN'T GET OUT!!! I'M TIED!!! MINHO!!!!"
"Wait!!! I'm coming in!!!" Minho yelled and quickly ran back to the side where the door was but just when he was about to reach that, someone stopped him, grabbing his arm tightly.

"Are you crazy!!!! The whole place is going to explode in like a minute!!!" Ji Sub pulled Minho away from the buildings.
"NO!!!! There is still people inside!!!!" Minho screamed.
"I know!!! That's the point! NOW COME!!!!!!" Ji Sub gathered all his strenght to drag Minho with him.

Then, in no time, all they heard was a huge explosion, the earth shook and they saw flames behind them. Minho and Ji Sub both fell on the ground.
"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Minho shouted as he covered his ears.

After a while it was over and they turned to look. Both the buildings were completely destroyed, only smoke came out the place where Seulgi's room had been.

"NO!!! SEULGI!!!!!!!!!!!!" Minho yelled and tried to run towards the ruined building but Ji Sub once again pulled the boy back.
"She is gone, no need to cry about it. That's how it's supposed to be now, it was about time this gang had some changes. We needed a fresh start. So do you. I told you to leave. So just leave now!!!" Ji Sub told Minho.

Minho just shook his head in tears. "No... Seulgi... she.. how could you..."
"GO!! LEAVE!!! Before we kill you too!" Ji Sub shouted.
Minho froze, he saw all the men standing there. It was highly possible they might kill him anytime.

Minho glanced at the building one last time then slowly started walking away. The quickened his steps, and after a while ran. As fast as he could.

He had ran around for about an hour until he found a dark park. He sat down under a tree on the grass. He couldn't stop his tears from falling now but cried.
Why? How could this happen to Seulgi? I could've saved her... I could've...

He then suddenly felt something touch his feet. He looked down and saw Flame, somehow it had found his way to Minho.

"Flame... why did you follow me?" he whispered and petted it's soft back gently.

"You were Seulgi's little baby weren't you. But Seulgi... she is now gone." he whispered while sobbing silently.
"maybe it would be better.... better for you to be together with her too. Flame... I think it would be better."

The cat was looking at Minho as if it understood him. It let out a small meow and pushed it's head against Minho's leg.

Slowly Minho opened his backbag and took one of the guns he had with him.
He looked at Flame one last time, then pointed the gun at the cat.

"Goodbye.. " Minho whispered and pulled the trigger. The gunshot echoed through the air and soon Flame laid dead on the grass.

Minho dropped down on his knees dropping the gun down aswell. Tears kept flowing from his eyes.

There was nothing for him in this world any longer.


Onew, Key and Jonghyun had been walking nearby when they suddenly heard a gunshot from the nearby park.

"What was that?!!!" Key gasped shocked.
"I don't know..." Onew frowned.
"Let's go see. Someone could be hurt." Jonghyun said.

"But what if there's someone dangerous, what if we get hurt too." Key said feeling scared.
"Just check! You want to be responsible if someone died?" Jonghyun asked.
"Let's go." Onew said and started leading the way towards the park where they had heard the gunshot from.

Wearily they walked in the park, trying not to be heard in case someone was there.

After walking for a while they saw someone on his knees on the grass. They heard him cry and in front of him there was some small animal.

Key, Jonghyun, and Onew looked at each other.
"He killed some animal?" Onew whispered.
"Maybe... but... maybe we could ask what happened." Jonghyun said.
"But what if he like shoots us too if we bother." Key frowned.
"Then he does and we die." Jonghyun said and approached the unfamiliar boy.