True Story, Bro

A Cup of Caramel Coffee (Jeti Collection)

 

A/N: Another one-shot! ^^ Finally! I am able to post this after our very long comprehensive exams -____-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TRUE STORY, BRO

 

A true story? Or just another fanfic?

 

 

 

Auhor's POV

 

 
 

The bells clanged loudly as I opened the heavy door of the cafe slowly. I walked up to the counter and ordered for my regular drink.

 
 
 

"Iced Caramel Coffee with extra ice please."

 
 
 

The familiar employee behind the counter nodded and smiled at me, then he dashed off to prepare my order.

 
 
 

I took the time to look around the cafe. The ambiance here always makes me feel relaxed. It's one of the reasons why I always come back here. Besides the other reason that they make the best Caramel Coffee I ever tasted! ^^

 
 
 

So yeah, I usually come here to cool my head off or when I'm lacking inspiration for writing fanfics.

 
 
 

Which brings me back to why I'm here again in the first place. Sigh...

 
 
 

"Here's your coffee." The employee said as he laid down the cold beverage on my tray. "Now don't freeze yourself, Princess."

 
 
 

I smiled at the nickname he gave me and took the tray with both hands.

 
 
 

"Don't worry, I won't." I am an Ice Princess after all *smirks*

 
 
 

I went towards an empty table nearby and settled down my things. I took out my laptop from my bag and started it up.

 
 
 

I took my iced coffee with both hands and took a sip from it slowly to savor the sweet aroma.

 
 
 

I sighed with content as the taste lingered in my mouth. I placed down the cup on the table with a soft thud and looked at my surroundings.

 
 
 

"They repainted the walls again." I said to myself as I admired the newly painted walls. "Great choice of color too." I smirked.

 
 
 

Pink and yellow huh? I guess I could find some inspiration here, somewhere.

 
 
 

As soon as my laptop was functioning fully, I immediately opened a new document to start on my writing.

 
 
 

"Okay, now would be a good time to start."

 
 
 
---
 
 
 

A few minutes passed and I occasionally took a sip of my coffee from time to time. I stared at the blank page with the blinking indicator mocking me for having nothing yet to write.

 
 
 

"Aish!" I groaned in frustration as I looked away to take a break from staring at the monitor for too long, and rubbed my eyes that were starting to turn red.

 
 
 

I sighed exasperatedly, "Where's the inspiration when you need it?"

 
 
 
I slouched in my seat as I hit my forehead a couple of times to get my brain working.
 
 
 

Okay okay. Maybe I should just stare at the walls and an idea would hit me.

 
 
 

 

 

I don't know how that point of view could help me in writing a new story, but I believed in it nonetheless.

 

 

 

So I took another sip from my drink and stared at the walls while chanting a mantra inside my head.

 
 
 

Strawberry and Banana. Cookies and Cream. Caramel Coffee. Jessica and Tiffany. Pink. Yellow. Pink. Yellow. Pink. Yellow. Pink. Yellow. Pink. Yellow. Pi-

 
 
 

"Pink." My thoughts were interrupted when I suddenly heard a husky voice.

 
 
 

"No. Yellow." An icy voice replied.

 
 
 

I turned my head towards the entrance, where the pair of voices were coming from.

 
 
 

Two women were walking together, side by side. They were both wearing caps with the hood of their jackets over their heads. One had long black hair and milky white skin. The other was blonde and looked like a princess with a cold aura that sent a sudden chill to my body. They both wore dark tinted sunglasses that prevented me from having a good look at their faces.

 
 
 

"Who wears sunglasses indoors?" I thought to myself curiously. But I just shrugged it off. "Must be a fashion trend or something."

 
 
 

They were walking towards the counter, still arguing with each other. I just watched the pair quietly while taking another sip from my drink.

 
 
 

"Oh come on!" the brunette with the husky voice said as she gestured a hand around the cafe. "The walls would look better if they were all painted in pink!"

 
 
 

"Whatever. I still think yellow would suit it better." the blonde said with an indifferent tone.

 
 
 

I smiled to myself. "Fighting over a small matter such as the wall color? How childish. But cute."

 
 
 

"What would your order be?" the employee asked with a polite smile directed towards the bickering pair.

 
 
 

"Caramel Coffee." the blonde and brunette said at the same time.

 
 
 

My smile grew even wider. "I guess I just found my inspiration."

 
 
 

I put down my cup of coffee and placed my fingers on the keys of the laptop, typing rapidly as I fast as I could. I didn't even know what I was writing exactly. I just typed whatever came to my mind as I continued observing the blonde and the brunette.

 

 
 
 

Jessica says yellow. But Tiffany says pink. And so the two continued arguing about the new wall color, bickering at each other like an old married couple.

 
 
 

"But pink is better." the brunette reasoned.

 
 
 

"To you, maybe. But I prefer yellow." the blonde replied.

 
 
 

The brunette folded her arms across her chest and scowled, "Aish! You're really stubborn, did you know that?" 

 
 
 

"And you're too loud. But I guess you already know that." the blonde retorted.

 
 
 

"Hmp!" The brunette's face displayed a look that clearly spelled M.A.D. while the blonde just chuckled beside her.

 
 
 

"Aw, come on! Don't be like that." the blonde said as she took hold of the brunette's hand. But the latter just shook it away.

 
 
 

"I don't even know why I'm still with you right now!" the brunette said as she huffed a puff of air angrily.

 

 
 
 

Suddenly, the employee came with two cups of Caramel Coffee, lessening the growing tension between the blonde and the brunette.

 
 
 

I continued typing all that I was observing on my laptop while watching the pair carefully. Finally, the document that was blank just a few minutes ago was starting to make progress.

 
 
 

The wonderful smell of Caramel Coffee diverted Jessica and Tiffany's attention away from their argument for a moment. Their mouths were already starting to water just from the smell of the sweet aroma.

 
 
 

The blonde took their tray and turned to face the brunette.

 
 
 

"You're with me right now because you asked me last night to go on a coffee date with you." the blonde said matter-of-factly.

 
 
 

"Well I'm totally regretting it now." the brunette said as she followed the blonde towards a table just across from mine then sat down facing each other.

 
 
 

"Oh?" the blonde said in a bored tone.

 
 
 

"Yes."

 
 
 

The blonde simply took a sip from her coffee and replied, "Well maybe I should just go then."

 
 
 

Then she stood up, taking her coffee along in one hand.

 
 
 

"Wait!" the brunette exclaimed while reaching out to hold on tightly to the blonde's wrist to prevent her from leaving.

 
 
 

The blonde raised an eyebrow at the sudden gesture of the brunette who suddenly looked away.

 
 
 

"Erm...I didn't mean that. Maybe I'm not totally regretting it." the brunette confessed. "I'm actually happy that you're here with me right now."

 
 
 

Then she looked up to see the blonde eye to eye, "Just please don't leave me."

 
 
 

The blonde smiled genuinely at the latter before sitting down again.

 
 
 

"Pabo!" she teased as she knocked on the brunette's head. "I'll never leave you. I love you too much!"

 
 
 

The brunette looked away shyly and drank from her coffee to hide the blush slowly forming in her cheeks.

 
 
 

The blonde chuckled happily at the sight of the flustered brunette.

 
 
 

"Oh! You also promised me something last night!" the blonde clapped happily.

 
 
 

"Huh?" the brunette asked, confused.

 
 
 

"You said you'll do anything I want if I go out with you today, right?" the blonde smirked with mischief in her eyes.

 
 
 

The brunette gulped. "I don't like where this is going..."

 
 
 

"But you have to do what I want! You promised!" the blonde pouted cutely.

 
 
 

"You dare use your aegyo on me?"

 
 
 

The blonde nodded like a cute little kitty, "Yessss!"

 

 
 
 

The brunette let out a defeated sigh and held up her hands, "Fine! What do you want me to do?"

 
 
 

The blonde smirked as she was dangerously nearing the brunette. "Oh, but you already know EXACTLY what I want!"

 
 
 

Their faces were just mere inches away. My fingers never left the laptop while my eyes were still glued to the pair. This story was just getting better and better!

 
 
 

Tiffany stayed frozen in place, unsure of what to do, as the other kept coming closer and closer. Jessica was about to close to the remaining gap between them when suddenly...

 
 
 

Eh?

 
 
 

The brunette moved her head slightly to the side, causing the blonde to kiss her cheek instead of the pair of lips that she was aiming for.

 
 
 

"Yah! Why did you move?" the blonde pouted.

 
 
 

The brunette looked around nervously before replying, "We're in public..."

 
 
 

I frowned and sighed sadly as I finished writing the ending of the story without a kiss. I saved the document and made a mental note to myself to post it later on Soshified. I closed the laptop and packed it in my bag, deciding to go home and rest.

 
 
 

I took one last drink from my Iced Coffee and got up to leave.

 
 
 

I looked back at the blonde and the brunette for one last time and smiled to myself, "If only those two were actually Jessica and Tiffany."

 
 
 

Then I turned around and left the cafe.

 
 
 

---

 
 
 

No one's POV

 
 
 

"Jessi," the brunette said as she tugged on the blonde's sleeve.

 
 
 

"What is it, Tiff?" the blonde replied.

 
 
 

"I think we were found out." the brunette frowned.

 
 
 

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows. "That can't be. We're not drawing any attention to ourselves and nobody here seems to notice our presence. Besides, we're the only customers left. So how could the paparazzi or the fans find us?"

 
 
 

"The girl that was seating there a while ago kept watching us and kept on frantically typing on her laptop." the brunette said as he pointed at a table across from theirs where an empty cup of coffee stood alone.

 
 
 

The blonde blinked a few times, processing the information, before looking back at the brunette. "You worry too much, Fany-ah."

 
 
 

The latter seemed unconvinced but sighed exasperatedly and took a sip from her coffee. "Maybe I do..."

 
 
 

Seeing the brunette pouting sadly, the blonde grinned slyly, "Tiffany..."

 
 
 

"What is it, Jess-" the brunette didn't get to finish her question since the blonde already intercepted it with a deep kiss.

 
 
 

The brunette was about to protest but the blonde held the back of the latter's neck, pulling her closer and kissing her more passionately.

 
 
 

The brunette couldn't do anything but to close her eyes and kiss her back as well.

 
 
 

A little while later, they finally parted from each other, with the blonde grinning victoriously.

 
 
 

"Yah! Why did you kiss me? What if someone saw?" the brunette exclaimed as she looked around nervously to make sure that no one saw.

 
 
 

The blonde cupped the brunette's cheek so that she'd be looking at her.

 
 
 

"Tiffany, nobody saw. Okay?" The blonde held the brunette's hand before intertwining their fingers together.

 
 
 

"Don't worry, Tiff. We'll just continue what we were doing later in my room if that would make you comfortable."

 
 
 

The blonde brushed the fringe of the brunette before saying something again, "Later in my room, where nobody can see and it'll only be just you and me."

 
 
 

The brunette blushed madly then looked away shyly.

 
 
 

The blonde just smirked and leaned in to whisper something into the latter's ear seductively, "And this time, we'll be doing something more than just kissing."

 
 
 

The brunette blushed even more and fanned herself out of embarrassment.

 
 
 

The blonde laughed happily, "Aww! You're so cute when I make you blush!"

 
 
 

"Err...wouldn't the walls look better if they were painted pink?" the brunette changed the topic abruptly, bringing up the argument they were having a while ago.

 
 
 

"Yellow is better."

 
 
 

"No, pink."

 
 
 

"Yellow."

 
 
 

"Pink."

 
 
 

"Yellow."

 
 
 

"Pink."

 
 
 

"Yellow."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So what do you think? Is it a true story or just another fanfic? You decide and tell me what you think  ;) And I'm really sorry for this one-shot though! I just really wrote it in a rush -__-'