Unfinished Stories (WIPs)

A Cup of Caramel Coffee (Jeti Collection)
A/N: Heeeeeeyyy~ So...I feel really bad that I haven't been updating any of my stories for a really long time now. But that doesn't mean I haven't been writing anything. I am always writing. It's just that I've had so many ideas in the past that I don't know how to finish all of them. So here's a bunch of my works in progress.
 
 
 
ShatterproofI had a random thought if it was possible for humans to not have any emotions and this is how it turned out.
 
 

I wasn't always like this.

 

There was a time when I smiled whenever I was having fun. I laughed every time somebody would tickle me. I would cry if I had scraped my knee. I'd feel sad when I wasn't allowed to play with the other kids. And I'd always ALWAYS hate it whenever a cucumber was anywhere near my presence. There was a time when I had emotions, back when I was younger.

 

I was born with a weak heart. The doctors said that it would eventually become stronger. But they didn't know that my heart would grow weaker as I grew older.

 

There came a time when my heart became really weak that it was barely beating. I was rushed to the hospital and the results were not good. The doctors said that my heart could not support my body any longer and that it wasn't a matter of time before I would die.

 

One doctor, however, offered me another option that would help me continue to live. It was what changed me into how I am now. I accepted his offer, knowing that it would keep me alive. But I was too young to understand what was going to happen to me. I didn't know that it would turn me into this.

 

Dr. Park changed something in me. He attached something to my heart. A device that would support my heart and keep it beating at a regular and normal rate. It's a very advanced and specially designed pacemaker, the only one in the whole world. Dr. Park didn't invent another one because the complications and the consequences would have been drastic.

 

The moment I woke up after the operation, I knew that something had changed in me. I felt different. My heart became part machine. And because of that I was.....altered.

 

True. I am very thankful that because of this device I didn't die. But also because of this device, I had lost all of my emotions.

 

The pacemaker was designed to protect my sensitive heart from foreign elements that might affect it. My emotions were no exception to that matter. So when the device was attached to my heart, it had rid all of my feelings, making my heart incapable of feeling any kind of human emotion.

 

The device was called Shatterproof.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cupid's DaughterI honestly can't remember why and how I started writing this. But I like the initial idea. I just don't know what to write after this.
 
 

"You called me, Dad?"

 

"Ah yes, my dear! Come here and have a seat."

 

Jessica closed the door and sat on one of the red comfy chairs in front of her father's desk.

 

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

 

"Ah, you know that I've been training you and teaching you on how to handle the family business ever since you were little, right?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Well, you're 25 now. I know you're old enough to do my job and I've been doing a lot of thinking, you know." Mr. Jung explained as he leaned forward on his table. "I feel that you're already ready. Maybe you should join the family business soon."

 

Jessica's eyes widened with interest and excitement. "Really?"

 

"Yes. And to start off, I'd like you to work on this little job first." Mr. Jung retrieved a folder from his drawer and tossed it to Jessica.

 

Jessica caught it easily and opened the file.

 

"Tiffany Hwang?" she asked as she read the name of the girl's profile.

 

"Yes. She's a little stubborn, you see, and I need to work on some other things right now. I don't have any extra time to handle her case so I was wondering if you could do the job instead."

 

"Hmm," Jessica hummed lazily as she continued scanning the other pages of Tiffany's profile. "Stubborn eh? Well, I'm always up for a little challenge."

 

"Excellent! You could start as soon as possible."

 

"Okay Dad." Jessica stood up with the folder in hand.

 

"You were trained to do this, Jessica. Now make your father proud." Mr. Jung beamed.

 

Jessica chuckled. "Have you forgotten, Dad? I'm Cupid's daughter. I'll make sure that this girl will fall in love."

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Rewriting YesterdayThis is the plot of "Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac" by Gabrielle Zevin, which was also turned into a Japanese movie in 2010. I'm just changing the characters. I'll only be using the first part of the original plot and then go to a different direction after that so I wouldn't be completely copying the author. I'll also be experimenting with the writing style and try a different kind of approach. But I'm still hesitant to continue writing this because I feel like I've copied very important plot points from the author's work.
 
 
The first thing I felt was a soft hand in mine. It was warm and I liked it, considering that my hands were cold.
 
"I'm her girlfriend." I heard someone say. A girl. Her voice sounds delicate, almost fragile, but still calm and firm.
 
That's the last thing I thought about before losing conscious again.
 
---
 
I woke up with a throbbing headache and I didn't like it. It felt like a bunch of screwdrivers were drilling into my head.
 
"You're awake."
 
I immediately recognized the voice. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light. Her blurry outline finally became clearer as she neared the hospital bed I was lying on.
 
"Hey," she greeted with a relieved smile.
 
"What happened?" My voice sounded hoarse and tired. "How long have I been sleeping?"
 
"Four hours. You fell down the stairs," she answered as she sat by the edge of the bed. "Don't you remember?"
 
I shook my head. "I don't."
 
Her relieved face suddenly turned into a look of alarm. "The doctors said this might happen," she said, worried. "Do you remember me?"
 
"You're...my girlfriend." At least, that's what I remember her saying before I passed out. "Aren't you?"
 
She smiled and she seems very amused. "Yeah. I'm Jessica and I'm your girlfriend."
 
"I'm..." My voice trailed off after realizing that I couldn't remember my own name. This doesn't seem good.
 
"You're Stephanie," she supplied.
 
"Oh. Thanks for that."
 
I didn't know what else to say so I asked the first question that popped into my head.
 
"I'm gay?"
 
Jessica chuckled. "You don't seem very surprised."
 
"I don't really mind."
 
"You know, for a girl who has amnesia you seem very calm with all of this."
 
"I think it's because I'm confused."
 
"Hmm," Jessica hummed with a nod. "Well, to answer your question, you're not gay."
 
"But you said that you were my girlfriend."
 
Her amused smile suddenly looked almost sad. "I lied. I'm sorry. I only said that so that they would let me in the ambulance with you. Had I been in the right mind then I would've said something less stupid and say that I was your cousin so they wouldn't have asked so many questions."
 
"Oh." I didn't know why I felt rather disappointed after knowing that she was just pretending to be my girlfriend. "Are we friends, at least?"
 
Jessica just shook her head with that same little smile. "Can't say that we are, Tiffany."
 
I felt disappointed again. Jessica seemed nice to be friends with. I wondered why we weren't.
 
"What were you thinking just now?" I asked.
 
"How come you knew that I was thinking about something?"
 
"I don't know. You just looked like you were."
 
"Ah, I tend to zone out often," she chuckled. "I was just wondering if I could get away with letting you think that I was your girlfriend. But then I thought that it would be really unfair to you since you can't remember anything. I didn't want to take advantage of your situation."
 
I pondered on what Jessica said. I wouldn't have minded still thinking that she was my girlfriend.
 
"I was also thinking if it would be wrong to kiss you."
 
That caught my interest.
 
"Not on the mouth. You probably would freaked out if I kissed you on the lips. I was just thinking a kiss on your forehead or your cheek. It just came across my mind when I still had the chance while you were still thinking that we were a couple."
 
"Why didn't you kiss me then?" I suddenly thought aloud.
 
Jessica looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "You wouldn't have minded?"
 
I shrugged. "Probably not."
 
She just chuckled and shook her head. "Your boyfriend probably would have though."
 
Hearing that was almost as disappointing as Jessica only pretending to be my girlfriend.
 
"I have a boyfriend?"
 
Jessica nodded. "You do."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Accident ProneI like ddilfany. I remember writing this during high school so yay for fluff.
 
 
Stephanie Hwang is a walking mess. That was Jessica's first impression when she had first met the loud American girl. Even during their pre-debut days, Tiffany was already a little bit clumsier than the average girl.
 
---
 
It was Stephanie's first day in SM Entertainment and she is being introduced to the other trainees by her roommate, Kim Taeyeon.
 
"And that girl who's zoning out over there in the corner is Jung Jessica. She's been a trainee for almost three years now," Taeyeon explained as she pointed to the said girl.
 
"Jessica? That's an English name. Where did she come from?" Stephanie asked.
 
"I think she grew up in San Francisco. She can speak in fluent English just like you."
 
"Really?" Stephanie smiled widely as her eyes turned into crescents. Just before Taeyeon could introduce someone else, Stephanie decided to walk towards the girl who was still staring blankly at nothing in particular.
 
"AMERICAN GIRL!" She squealed excitedly while Jessica snapped out of her spaced out trance after hearing the loud and sudden voice. She stared weirdly at the new trainee that was happily heading towards her.
 
"Oh my god..." Jessica muttered under her breath.
 
Just when Stephanie was a few steps away from Jessica, she unexpectedly slipped on the floor.
 
"AAAAAAH!"
 
The trainees in the practice room gasped as they heard Stephanie's scream. Stephanie flailed her arms in the air as her body lurched forward, aiming the cold hard floor.
 
Jessica, being nearest the falling girl, acted quickly and caught Stephanie's body before her face could hit the ground.
 
"Yah! You better be careful!" Jessica scowled as she held Stephanie's body steadily, helping the girl stand up properly.
 
"I-I'm s-sorry..." Stephanie apologized while holding on to Jessica for support.
 
"Aish. It's just your first day here and you're already falling over while walking! How do you expect to dance on stage without tripping?" Jessica scoffed as she coldly let go of Stephanie the moment the girl was standing steadily on her own two feet.
 
"Yah Sica! Go easy on her! She's just new here!" Taeyeon scolded as she rushed to Stephanie's side to make sure that her friend was okay.
 
"Exactly. She's new. So all the more that she should be careful not to mess up."
 
"But at least mind your manners, Jessica. It's not nice to get mad at someone for something they didn't intend to happen."
 
Jessica bit her lip guiltily. Unlike the other trainees, Taeyeon was never afraid of Jessica's intimidating personality. They have been training together for only eight months so far but Jessica knew that Taeyeon never failed to correct other people for the wrong things that they did.
 
Jessica grumbled as she left the practice room, closing the door loudly.
 
The trainees in the room shuddered as soon as the Ice Princess left. The tension slowly died out as they went back to what they were doing earlier.
 
Taeyeon shook her head and turned her attention to the quiet Stephanie who was looking down at her two feet sheepishly.
 
"I'm sorry for that, Stephanie-ssi. Jessica can be an Ice Princess sometimes." Taeyeon paused and rethought about what she said. "Okay, most of the time."
 
Stephanie just nodded with her head hung low. Taeyeon walked towards her and patted her back comfortingly.
 
"Hey, it's alright. She's really nice once you get to know her. Jessica's just really like that at first. She thinks rather than being over-friendly at first, having a cold first impression then slowly making you realize that she's not that cold is better." Taeyeon chuckled.
 
Stephanie looked at Taeyeon and smiled. "Okay. Thank you for being helping me out, Taeyeon-ssi."
 
"Ah, just Taeyeon will be fine, Stephanie." Taeyeon smiled back.
 
---
 
Jessica decided to leave the SM building and go to the park to take a break. As she sat on a bench and took a sip from her water jug, the loud American girl who was excited to meet her a while ago suddenly came up to Jessica's mind.
 
Good thing I caught her. Otherwise, her cute face would've met the hard ground.
 
Jessica suddenly slapped herself. "Cute?! Where the hell did that come from, Sica? And why are you even thinking about her in the first place?"
 
After scolding herself, Jessica took in a deep breath and sighed.
 
"That girl is a walking mess." Jessica scoffed as she shook her head.
 
---
 
The next day, Jessica learned that the newbie's name was Stephanie and that she came from Diamond Bar, California.
 
Oh great. This one's gonna cling to me because I can speak English.
 
It was a Saturday afternoon and the trainees were in the practice room doing some simple warm up exercises before their dance class. There was a small group of trainees that circled the newbie like a couple of fangirls.
 
"Wow unnie! You're so pretty!" One of the younger trainees squealed.
 
"Thank you." Stephanie smiled shyly as she played with her hands nervously. I wish Taeyeon was here to accompany me.
 
Taeyeon had told Stephanie yesterday that she wouldn't be going to training today because she had an important exam to take. "Don't worry, Stephanie. You could make some new friends today." Taeyeon had encouraged before she went to school.
 
"Omo! You're from America, right?" another trainee asked.
 
"Yes, I am." Stephanie nodded, showing her cute eyesmile that captivated the trainees.
 
"Jessica unnie's from America too!" another trainee exclaimed as she pointed at the Ice Princess who was stretching in front of the mirror.
 
Stephanie looked at Jessica's direction and met her gaze in the mirror. They stared at each other for a full two seconds before they looked away at the same time.
 
"Alright girls, listen up!" The choreographer, Rino unnie, yelled as she clapped her hands to call the attention of the trainees. "I decided to kick your dancing skills up a notch so we're going to be learning a new dance routine today that would be a little bit complicated compared to the previous ones."
 
And soon, the dance class had already begun as Rino taught the choreography while the trainees followed. Stephanie had a worried look on her face as she tried to remember the dance steps. Singing was more of her forte. She wasn't much of a dancer.
 
Jessica, on the other hand, had no trouble with following the complicated steps as Rino taught them. She even looked bored while dancing.
 
"Okay, let's try those steps with some music. Try to keep up, girls. The song has a really mean beat." Rino pressed play on the cd player and signaled for the trainees to start the dance routine. "5, 6, 7, 8!"
 
Rino wasn't kidding when she said that the music was upbeat. Stephanie was literally losing her breath with how fast paced the choreography was. Even the others seemed to be having a hard time to catch up. But Stephanie was really struggling with difficulty.
 
The short routine was about to end when Stephanie suddenly tripped on her foot and fell.
 
"Owww!"
 
Rino stopped the music and everybody quickly surrounded Stephanie with concern.
 
"Stephanie!" Rino said in alarm as she went to the fallen girl's side. "Are you okay?"
 
"Yeah." Stephanie groaned but wailed in pain when she tried to move her right foot. "Ow ow ow ow ow!"
 
Rino frowned and checked Stephanie's foot.
 
"It looks like you sprained your ankle. Even the slightest movement will hurt. I'm afraid you wouldn't be dancing for a while."
 
"No, unnie! I have to practice." Stephanie whined.
 
"No, Stephanie. I can't let you get yourself hurt. Jessica! Bring Stephanie to the infirmary!"
 
Jessica, who wasn't a part of the crowd that surrounded Stephanie, suddenly complained.
 
"Me?! But why?"
 
"Because you don't need to practice as much as the rest. You've been training longer compared to the other trainees here."
 
Jessica grunted. She couldn't refuse Rino's orders anyway. "Fine."
 
The trainees immediately stepped back and paved a way for Jessica as she walked towards Stephanie and picked her up effortlessly in bridal style.
 
Stephanie blushed madly but wrapped her arms around Jessica's neck to save herself from falling to the floor again. "Yah! You don't have to carry me! You could just support my body so that I could walk."
 
"Shut up. It'll be faster this way. Your sprained ankle will just slow us down." Jessica said coldly.
 
As they left the practice room with Tiffany in Jessica's arms, the other trainees started whispering among their selves.
 
"Did you see how Jessica unnie's cheeks blushed when she carried Stephanie unnie?"
 
"Yeah. The Ice Princess never blushes."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Matchmaker Meets The HeartbreakerTiffany is a matchmaker. Jessica is a heartbreaker. The matchmaker finally meets her match. (Do you see the pun that I did there hihihi.)
 
 
"Yah! Jung Jessica!"
 
Tiffany runs and finally catches up with the blonde, grabbing her by the elbow to turn her around.
 
"Hey! I told you to stop!"
 
Jessica grumbles in annoyance. "What do you want, Hwang? Are you here to match me with someone perhaps?"
 
"No. I don't think there's a possible match out there for you."
 
Jessica scoffs. "Just tell me what you want so that I can already leave."
 
"I caught you sabotaging Taecyeon's plan yesterday."
 
Tiffany notices Jessica's eyes widen a bit for a moment before returning to their regular size.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about."
 
"Don't deny it, Jung! It was their first anniversary and they broke up because of you. I saw you there and you ruined his surprise for her."
 
Jessica stiffens but she manages to maintain her composure. "You have no proof of that."
 
"I took pictures," Tiffany says with a smirk as she brings out her camera and shows the evidence.
 
The blonde shakes her head, mumbling something to herself along the lines of "How can I be so careless?" and "Caught by an amateur..."
 
"Well? Are you finally going to explain yourself?" Tiffany asks impatiently.
 
Jessica sighs, admitting defeat. "Alright. You got me. I did sabotage Taecyeon's plan. I made them break up."
 
"Why would you do that?! Didn't you see how madly in love they were? The whole school practically knows how much they're meant to be!"
 
"You wouldn't understand. And I don't think I can try to explain."
 
Tiffany eyes Jessica suspiciously. "Do you like him?"
 
Jessica's eyes widen and she looks disgusted. "Taecyeon? EWW! I will never ever like that guy in a million years!"
 
"So you like Yeonhee then?" Tiffany smirks.
 
"Hey, I know that people know that I'm gay but Yeonhee isn't my type."
 
"What's your type then?" Tiffany almost asks but thankfully stops herself before the question could leave her lips.
 
"Then why did you make them break up?"
 
Jessica doesn't answer for a while, contemplating whether she should tell the truth or not.
 
"Aish...Might as well be honest with you since you already found me out," Jessica sighs. "I was hired to break them up. There! Happy?"
 
Tiffany furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Hired?"
 
"It's sort of like what you do except that you don't get paid and you create couples instead. You're a matchmaker. But I'm a heartbreaker. There are people out there who have been cheated and lied to. These people hire me to break the romantic relationship of the players who've broken and played with their hearts."
 
"WHAT?!"
 
"This isn't anything personal, okay? I'm just doing my job."
 
"By breaking the relationships of two lovers?!"
 
"Yeah. Were you not paying attention to what I just said?"
 
"Aren't you feeling guilty of what you're doing? You're ruining something so beautiful and special between two people who are meant to be!"
 
"Aren't you feeling guilty of what you're doing?" Jessica retorts in defense. "You're manipulating the lives of people. What if they didn't want to be with the person you matched them to? What if you were wrong about your matches? What if they were never, how did you put it...meant to be?"
 
That made Tiffany bite her lip shut.
 
"You create a setup for your matches so they would fall in love with each other. And yeah, it does work all the time. You've never failed in pairing up a match, right? But in the end, it's all just a staged act you've directed. You think you're doing it for their well-being so that they wouldn't have to experience heartbreak and have a happily ever after. But I know that some part of you, even if it's just a small part, does it for your own entertainment just because you think that they're made for one another. At least when I break people's hearts, I know that they deserve it for breaking someone else's heart before. If there's anyone who should feel guiltier between the two of us then it's you, Hwang."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Saddest Love StoryThe love story that every fan lives through. I've seen a post somewhere on Tumblr and Twitter about "The Saddest Love Story" and it was so accurately described that it made me want to write this.
 
 
Message Received:
 
Taeyeon~ I've been thinking too much again and now I'm so sad. I want to stop loving her this but I just can't. I don't know what to do anymore :(
 
 
Message Sent:
 
This isn't Taeyeon. I think you have the wrong number.
 
 
Message Received:
 
Oh! I'm so sorry. I accidentally punched in the last two numbers wrong.
 
 
Message Sent:
 
It's okay. But hey, why so glum?
 
 
Message Received:
 
Ah, you'd think I'm crazy for feeling depressed over something so simple and silly.
 
 
Message Sent:
 
I don't mind :)
 
 
Message Received:
 
You're nice :) Well, I just think too much about a person sometimes that it makes me sad. I'm living through the saddest love story ever.
 
 
Message Sent:
 
How so?
 
 
Message Received:
 
You wouldn't understand. Nobody ever does. Only people like me can relate.
 
 
Message Sent:
 
It's okay. I'll still listen.
 
 
Message Received:
 
Are you sure?
 
 
Message Sent:
 
If it'll make you feel better :)
 
 
Message Received:
 
Okay...Well, it all began when two baby girls were born in a different place and time. Let's name the first one Jessica and the second one Tiffany. Jessica grew up to be a successful young woman who roams around the world to showcase her talent while Tiffany stayed in the sea of faces who admired her. Jessica doesn't know Tiffany. But Tiffany knows Jessica, from her real name to what her favorite color is to what she hates and what she likes. Tiffany sends Jessica love letters, even if she's aware that Jessica might not be able to read it. Tiffany pays loads of money even though she'll only get to see Jessica perform for a few hours. Tiffany always exerts so much effort to be in the front row of the audience to cheer her best even though her voice would be drowned out by the whole stadium. That pattern goes on and on, unceasingly. Jessica continues to live her dream, while Tiffany could only look up to her with pure admiration and love, and sadly, that's how it'll end. Jessica...will never know just how much Tiffany loves her.
 
 
Message Sent:
 
Wow. That's really sad...
 
 
Message Received:
 
Yeah...But forget about it. I told you that it's really silly. Loving someone who never even met you and doesn't even know that you exist sounds so stupid, right? How is it even possible to love someone so much when you only see them on TV or hear them on the radio? Ah, I'm ranting again. I'm sorry. I guess you think I'm a crazy person now, huh? Maybe I really am crazy...
 
 
Message Sent:
 
Why do you think of that?
 
 
Message Received:
 
Because you're not a fangirl like me. You wouldn't be able to understand how it feels like to be just another ordinary face among the countless number of fans of Jessica Jung.
 
 
"Jessica-ssi, the PD's requesting you to be on stage in five minutes."
 
Jessica looks up from her phone and smiles politely at the assistant. "Thank you. Please tell them that I'll be there soon."
 
The assistant nods and leaves the waiting room. Jessica sighs and tries to compose herself before typing a reply to her newfound textmate.
 
 
Message Sent:
 
Don't be sad, Tiffany. Sometimes we just don't know that the thing we're looking for is right there in front of us all along.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This Is Not GenderbenderThe title speaks for itself. (Warning: This is so cliche so I'm also hesitant to finish writing this.)
 
 
"But Jessica Jung is straight."
 
"Exactly." Tiffany smiled mischievously before entering the changing room with the bag of clothes.
 
Taeyeon shook her head as she waited outside. "I don't get you, Fany-ah. How are you supposed to make Jessica fall in love with you when you're a girl and she's a girl, and you're gay and she's straight. You're not making any sense."
 
"If a guy is what Jessica wants, then a guy is what she's gonna get."
 
"What are you planning, Stephanie?" Taeyeon rarely used Tiffany's first name. She only used it when she was being serious.
 
"Not Stephanie anymore, Taeyeon." Tiffany replied as she stepped out of the changing room with a whole new look. "Say hello to Stephan!"
 
--- [a huge block of events haven't been written here yet] ---
 
"Your lips taste different," Jessica mused out loud. "They feel different."
 
Tiffany gulped, fearing that her secret had been found out. "Different, how?"
 
Jessica furrowed her brows as she stared at Tiffany's lips and gently traced her finger on it with a ghostly touch, making Tiffany shiver involuntarily.
 
"They're really soft. Not like the past boys that I've kissed. Your lips are gentle and not dominating. They have a faint taste of lip gloss too." Jessica quickly steals a peck on Tiffany's lips before her own lips slightly. "Strawberry," she confirms with a small nod. "It's like I'm kissing a girl's lips. Although I've never kissed a girl before to know what it's actually like."
 
Tiffany noted that Jessica never kissed a girl before. I'm the first girl that she kissed.
 
"But you're a boy and I feel like I just kissed a girl," Jessica said, confused.
 
I'm the first girl that she kissed and she doesn't even realize it, Tiffany added in her thoughts, slightly disappointed.
 
"Is different a bad thing?" Tiffany asked nervously.
 
Jessica shook her head and smiled. "I like different much much better."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Crush TheoryWhen I try to write crackfics this is what happens.
 
 
Yuri: *clears throat* Ahem! Hi! I am Kwon Yuri.
 
Sooyoung: And I am Choi Sooyoung!
 
Yuri: We are seniors and we are taking up AB Psychology.
 
Sooyoung: We are here today to present to you our theory.
 
Yuri: Yes. And we will be using the story of our two friends, Jessica and Tiffany, as an example.
 
Sooyoung: Their story will prove that our theory is true and valid.
 
Yuri: So shall we start?
 
---
 
Yuri nudged Sooyoung, making the latter look at her. Yuri looked at Sooyoung knowingly with a raised eyebrow. The taller girl didn't understand what Yuri was trying to imply at first, but after a few seconds she finally understood and suddenly looked concerned as her eyebrows furrowed.
 
Tiffany frowned as she witnessed the unsaid conversation happening between the two girls. "What are you guys mentally talking about?"
 
Yuri and Sooyoung bit their lips with uncertainty.
 
"You tell her!" Sooyoung told Yuri with her eyes.
 
"Me?! Why not you?!" Yuri eyed back.
 
"Because this was your idea!" Sooyoung glared.
 
Yuri sighed as she looked back at the girl in front of them calmly folding her arms across her chest.
 
"Well? I'm listening."
 
Yuri sighed again. "You see, Tiffany. Sooyoung and I have a theory about Jessica and her bipolar attitude."
 
Sooyoung nodded, agreeing with what Yuri said.
 
Tiffany tilted her head a bit. "A theory?"
 
"Yes," Sooyoung answered. "But we're not saying that it's already a fact or anything so it's not exactly true. It's just a theory. It's based on our observations on Sica before."
 
Tiffany nodded, encouraging the two to continue. "Go on."
 
"Well, there are different phases of this theory. Er....how do we explain this?" Yuri scratched her head. "How was Jessica towards you when you two first met?"
 
Tiffany thought about her first encounter with Jessica. "She was nice. A little bit scary and cold, to be honest. But she was nice in general."
 
Yuri nodded her head. "That's phase one. The 'Hi I'm Jessica Jung and I'm an Ice Princess, it's nice to meet you' phase."
 
"She's not that different from other people that you meet. She's nice towards you but she isn't really open and doesn't tell much about herself. Just like how a person usually is at a first meeting with someone." Sooyoung explained.
 
"You start as acquaintances then progress as friends. Which leads us to the next question. How did you and Jessica become friends, Tiffany?"
 
"Well, we became seatmates during Math class. Sometimes we talk and I got to know her a little bit through that, but she was asleep in class most of the time."
 
"That's the end of the first phase. Now, how did you and Sica become closer friends?"
 
Tiffany raised her eyebrow suspiciously. "Why do you keep asking these questions? It's like you're trying to dig up the history of our friendship."
 
"We're trying to explain the theory to you in a way that you could see how it happens in your friendship with Jessica. So that you can understand why Jessica is currently acting this way towards you," Sooyoung waved her hand dismissively. "Now answer the question."
 
Tiffany sighed. "Since she slept almost all throughout the whole class, she was falling behind in the lessons. There were only two weeks left before our midterm exam and our professor said that if Jessica didn't pass then she'll fail his class."
 
"I don't see how you and Jessica got close because of that."
 
Tiffany frowned. "I was chosen to be her tutor."
 
"Ah yes." Yuri smiled. "I remember that time. Sica kept complaining to us that she was forced to study for Math and that she feels sorry for you because you had to tutor someone like her."
 
"She felt sorry for me? Pft! If she felt sorry then should've studied hard and listened to me instead of sleeping while I explained the lesson," Tiffany scowled.
 
Yuri and Sooyoung laughed. "She was always at your house, right?"
 
Tiffany nodded. "Yeah. I'll admit, Jessica was annoying at first. That's why I got mad at her for not paying attention. I told her that I can't teach her anymore and that I'm giving up. Then she started feeling sorry and apologized a lot of times to me. She begged me to give her a second chance and promised that she'll start to listen to me and study hard."
 
"And then what happened?"
 
"I felt her sincerity and gave her another chance. Jessica kept her promise and aced the midterm exam." Tiffany smiled as she remembered the tight thank you hug that Jessica gave her when she got the result of her paper. "She never slept in class again after that and began to listen to the lessons. We talked more to each other. Not just about math, but other things as well. I remember the things we talk about being pretty random, but we still enjoyed it and kept our conversations going. Soon, we became close friends."
 
"At that point, phase two had started which is the 'Melted ice, closer together, just like glue' phase." Yuri stated.
 
"Wait, glue?" Tiffany asked.
 
Yuri shrugged. "Sooyoung named that phase. I honestly don't know what was going on in her head at that time."
 
"Yah! You had nothing better to come up with either!" Sooyoung scowled which Yuri ignored.
 
"Anyways, you get close and all with Jessica, right? She starts opening up to you, letting you know that she isn't really an Ice Princess most of the time and that she's really warm inside. You get to know her more just as she gets to know you more too. Everything is perfect and you couldn't ask for a better friend. You feel content and you're happy."
 
"You seem to know more about our friendship than Jessica and I do." Tiffany commented.
 
"Like Yuri and I said a while ago, this theory is based on our observations from Jessica's previous experiences that are similar to what's happening now."
 
"You do realize that it's kinda creepy, right? I mean, you're like stalkers or something."
 
"Our course is Psychology, Fany-ah. Being observant is vital in our study and we must apply it and practice it in daily life," Yuri simply stated. "Back to the theory. Phase two is done. Next is phase three."
 
"Does this phase also have a very long name?" Tiffany asked.
 
Sooyoung chuckled and shook her head. "Nope. It's called the 'Mean girl act' phase."
 
Tiffany lowered her head and bit her lip. The three of them became quiet for a while.
 
"Jessica started being a bad friend to you, didn't she?" Yuri asked.
 
Tiffany sighed sadly and nodded her head.
 
"She's like that in phase three. She ignores you. Tries to block out any kind of contact with you. She hangs out with other friends now. She doesn't talk to you as much as you did before. And if ever it is necessary that she has to talk to you, she only answers in short sentences. She doesn't try to keep the conversation going when you try to talk to her. Whenever you two do interact, all Jessica does is tease you. She does childish pranks like stealing your ID then hiding it, pokes you randomly and at the most inappropriate times, pulls at your hair playfully then laughs when you're caught off guard. She does things that she knows that annoy you."
 
Sooyoung nodded. "Jessica acts normal to others in this phase. Other people wouldn't notice her change. You're the only one who could. You'll think that it's just her Ice Princess facade but as it kept on going for quite a long time, you realize that something is wrong. And then you wonder if you're the reason why she started being like this."
 
Tiffany sighed. "I confronted her after I have had enough of her attitude. I barged into her dorm room and forced her up to the roof where no one can bother us. I honestly don't remember much of what happened. All I remember is letting out everything I was feeling as I broke down crying in front of her. She hugged me and apologized, saying that she'll change." Tiffany chuckled bitterly. "Funny. It felt like deja vu. And just like before, I gave her another chance."
 
"Which leads us to phase four. It's the 'Back to the way we were before but not really' phase."
 
"That's exactly how I felt during that time," Tiffany frowned.
 
"For a moment, you think that everything was back to normal. You hang out again. You talk again like you used to. You laugh together and the both of you smile at each other. It's like her mean girl act never happened. But no. There's something that changed in your relationship even though she's your friend again. But you can't point out what it is that's different now. But you shake away the thought from your head, thinking that you just missed her."
 
"The good thing in this phase is that Jessica is extra sweet and nice to you. Like she's trying to make up for being such a bad friend before."
 
Tiffany smiled as she remembered Jessica waiting for her at her house so that they could walk together to school. Then Jessica would also wait for her at the end of Tiffany's last class because she wants to walk Tiffany home.
 
"Sica's really sweet and caring towards you, right? She tries her best to make you feel special."
 
What Yuri said only made Tiffany smile even more.
 
"But then comes phase five," Sooyoung said. "We call it the 'Bipolar Ice Princess' phase where Jessica slowly reverts back to phase three, then to phase four, then back to phase three again. She becomes so bipolar that you don't know if she'll be nice to you or not."
 
Tiffany's wide smile suddenly turned into a tragic frown.
 
"This is the phase that's happening right now."
 
Tiffany grunted in frustration. "I don't understand her! Why does she do that? One day, she's super sweet to me. Then she suddenly ignores me the next day. I don't get it!"
 
"First of all, Jessica ignores you because she is in denial. She wants to distance herself away from you. Then she becomes sweet because she feels guilty for being a bad friend to you. She doesn't want you to feel sad because of her."
 
"Well if she doesn't want me to feel sad then why does she always go back to ignoring me?"
 
"The answer to your question is what our theory is all about."
 
"Which is?"
 
Yuri and Sooyoung looked at each other, contemplating whether they should tell Tiffany about what they thought.
 
"Well?" Tiffany asked impatiently.
 
"Fany-ah......Our theory is called 'The Crush Theory'. It's about how Sica acts towards the people she has a crush on."
 
Tiffany didn't react. She just stared at the two tall girls as if they were crazy.
 
"I think you two study too much. Psychology is starting to mess with your heads."
 
"But it's true, Tiffany! Although it's only a theory, it makes perfect sense!" Yuri exclaimed.
 
Sooyoung nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Fany. Look, Jessica's in denial with the idea that she likes you more than just a friend. That's why she distances herself away from you. As if she's trying to prove to herself that she doesn't like you in that way. She bullies you because she wants to lessen her feelings for you by being mean."
 
"But then she feels that maybe she's being too much and starts to be nice to you again. She feels guilty for being a bad friend to you so she becomes extra sweet and caring. She makes you feel special in every way that she can because she doesn't want your friendship to be broken so she tries to fix it by being nice."
 
"The reason why she goes back to being a bad friend is because she doesn't want to like you more than she should. She thinks that she'll only like you more if she's nice to you. That's why she teases you. Because it's the only way she can interact with you without liking you even more."
 
Tiffany shook her head in disbelief. "Okay. Let's say that I do agree with your idea. You said that your theory was based on Jessica's previous experiences, which means she had crushes before. Then why did you guys look so concerned about this matter when it already happened a number of times in the past?"
 
"Because it's YOU that she's crushing on!"
 
"And what if it's ME?" Tiffany asked, confused.
 
"Because Jessica's past crushes were all boys! It's the first time that her crush is a girl!"
 
That kept Tiffany's mouth shut. More questions just piled up in her head.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
How to Hide a TheifI don't remember what made me write this but I really like this idea and I enjoy writing it. This would possibly be a multi-shot because I don't think I can fit the whole plot into a oneshot.
 
 
What do you do when you accidentally bump into with a thief who is the country's most wanted criminal?
 
A. Hide her in your apartment until the police stop searching for her.
 
B. Be her personal slave and let her boss you around.
 
C. Try to change her bad behavior by any means necessary.
 
D. Fall in love with her unexpectedly.
 
E. All of the above.
 
 
Jessica was NOT supposed to have bumped into Tiffany in the first place.
 
Jessica was NOT supposed to be following Tiffany's bossy orders.
 
Jessica was NOT supposed to change or even care about the way Tiffany was.
 
And most importantly, Jessica was definitely NOT supposed to fall in love with Tiffany.
 
---
 
Beads of sweat were dripping down Tiffany's forehead as she took the jeweled necklace out of the now-opened glass case, careful not to touch the complicated red lasers that were heavily guarding the priceless item.
 
"Got it!" Tiffany smiled victoriously.
 
She hung the necklace around her neck and admired the expensive jewel. She hid it safely under her black sweater and pulled down on the ski mask that was covering her face and hair.
 
Just when she was about to leave, a strand of her hair or something must've fallen and made contact with one of the lasers which activated the alarm system.
 
"Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Intruder alert!" A computerized voice alarmed throughout the PA systems. More alarms could be heard outside the store which were blaring at a loud volume.
 
"Sh*t!"
 
Tiffany quickly climbed up the air vent, the way she got in, and crawled her way out. She was now on top of the roof of the bank and she could hear the police sirens sounding off in the streets. Tiffany looked over the edge of the building and saw the red and blue lights of the police cars.
 
"I gotta get out of here," Tiffany said to herself as she skillfully jumped off the building and parkoured, landing safely on both her feet.
 
"Hold it right there!"
 
Tiffany turned around and saw a cop with his gun aimed at her.
 
"Put your hands up in the air where I can see 'em."
 
Tiffany stuck her tongue out at the cop, which enraged him. She turned around and ran away swiftly, dodging the flying bullets that were aiming for her head.
 
"You better run, thief!" the cop yelled as he ran after her.
 
---
 
It was almost closing time for the convenient store that Jessica and Taeyeon were working in. The duo were doing nothing in particular when the owner of store came in as she pushed the glass doors open. Her blonde hair was cut short and her height was slightly shorter than Taeyeon's.
 
"Oh hey, Sunny Bunny!" Taeyeon smiled widely and waved at the girl.
 
"Taeyeon! I told you not to call me that while at work!" Sunny pouted.
 
"Nah! I couldn't. You'll always be Sunny Bunny to me," Taeyeon smiled dorkily.
 
"Hello Sunny," Jessica greeted, rather bored.
 
"Hi Sica!" Sunny greeted back.
 
"Hey! Have you guys heard the news?" Sunny asked excitedly.
 
"What news?"
 
"Turn on the TV! I think they're reporting about it now."
 
Jessica, being nearest the TV, turned it on and changed it to the news channel.
 
"This just in: One of South Korea's most prized jewels, the Pink Gem, had been stolen just an hour ago. The Korean National Police Army are currently tracking down the suspect to retrieve the stolen object. This jewel costs at least $9 million US Dollars and is reported to be stolen by Korea's most wanted criminal who goes by the alias Dianthus and is notoriously known for stealing only pink valuables. The identity of Dianthus remains unknown to the federal authorities and is considered to be highly dangerous. Everyone is advised to stay in the safety of their homes. The chief head of the KNPA had infor- "
 
"Yah Sica! Why'd you turn it off?" Taeyeon frowned.
 
Jessica just shrugged and pointed at the wall clock hanging just above the counter of the store.
 
"Closing time," she answered simply.
 
---
 
"Are you sure you don't want to join us, Jessica?" Taeyeon asked after they finished closing the shop.
 
Jessica shook her head. "No thanks. The last time I joined you guys on a date, I went home and threw up all of the food I ate because I had to watch you two be all cheesy with each other and make-out in front of me as if I wasn't there!"
 
Taeyeon frowned. "You're exaggerating, Sica. Maybe you just need a love life of your own."
 
"Yeah," Sunny nodded in agreement. "You definitely need someone who could be able to turn your whole miserable world around."
 
Jessica rolled her eyes and scoffed. "I'm happy with being single. At least I'm not a kissing addict!"
 
"You're just jealous," Taeyeon retorted back. "Anyway, get home safely, okay?"
 
"Okay. You too. I'll see you tomorrow," Jessica said as she bid them goodbye and started to head home.
 
After walking for a few minutes, Jessica could hear the sound of faint footsteps approaching. She stopped in her tracks and turned to scan the area but didn't see anyone following her. She shrugged and continued to walk, but she heard the footsteps again, and it seemed to be running right now.
 
Before she knew it, somebody had bumped into her from behind, causing her to stumble forward and lose her balance.
 
"Hey! Watch where you're go- "
 
A hand suddenly covered and dragged her to the dark part of the alleyway. Jessica squirmed in the person's hold and complained in a muffled cry. But the person held Jessica tightly, not letting her go. Jessica almost thought that the stranger was hugging her but quickly shook the thought away since it was totally inappropriate in this kind of situation.
 
Suddenly, another pair of footsteps came close by and flashes of light were shining near their direction. Jessica kept on moving uncomfortably and let out muffled protests as the stranger just held her tighter.
 
"Shhh! Stop squirming!" the person whispered huskily into Jessica's ear.
 
Jessica stopped moving momentarily, surprised to find out that her captor was actually a girl. But then the footsteps were getting louder. More flashes of light were nearing their location. Jessica helplessly cried for help in her thoughts, Somebody help me! I'm being held captive by a girl with a y voice!
 
The police were only a few meters away from Tiffany and Jessica's hiding place. The both of them stopped breathing and held their breath, avoiding to make any sudden movements. And it was as if the only thing they could hear at that moment was their heartbeats, pounding intensely in each other's chest as every second passed.
 
"..."
 
"..."
 
"..."
 
"..."
 
"..."
 
"Nothing here. Dianthus is nowhere within the area. Let's check over there."
 
As soon as the sound of footsteps were fading away, Tiffany let out a sigh of relief and started breathing normally again. Jessica however, shifted uncomfortably in fear within her captor's grip after realizing that it was South Korea's most wanted criminal.
 
"Okay look, I'm going to let you go, alright? But you have to promise me that you won't scream or report me to the cops. You'll go straight home and forget that any of this has ever happened. Got it?"
 
Jessica nodded obediently then Tiffany slowly released her. Once Jessica was free, she turned around and immediately took off the person's ski mask so that she could see the face of her captor.
 
"Hey!"
 
With the ski mask gone, Tiffany's brown hair fell freely past her shoulders, revealing her face. Despite being sweaty all over, it was undeniable that the girl was very attractive. Jessica was slightly caught off guard, surprised by how flawlessly perfect the thief looked.
 
I thought criminals were supposed to look ugly! But this girl looks so hot with those beads of sweat dripping down her milky white skin..., Jessica thought.
 
She suddenly snapped back to her senses and reminded herself that this pretty girl was actually highly dangerous, causing her to shriek like a dolphin in fright.
 
"YAH! I thought I told you specifically NOT to scream?!" Tiffany said as she quickly covered Jessica's mouth to prevent any more damage to her situation.
 
"Quick! Over there!" The footsteps were heading towards the alleyway again. This time, more footsteps and flashlights seemed to be approaching.
 
"Damn it!" Tiffany cursed. She glared at Jessica and impulsively grabbed her hand. "You're coming with me!"
 
Before Jessica was even able to protest, she was already being dragged away by Tiffany who was running away with great speed.
 
"Slow down!" Jessica yelled as she tried to keep up with Tiffany's fast pace.
 
Tiffany looked back and saw the cops gaining on them. One of them pulled out a gun and aimed it towards the running duo.
 
"Watch out!"
 
Tiffany pulled Jessica towards her and wrapped her arms protectively around the blonde, just in time before the bullet could have shot Jessica in the head.
 
"AH!" Tiffany hissed at sudden the pain she felt from her right arm. The speeding bullet didn't hit her but it was so close and so fast that it made a stinging gash across her skin.
 
"Stop!"
 
There was no time to think about the pain now. So Tiffany made a sudden turn to the right and ran towards a certain place, knowing exactly where to go. Jessica, being a coward, tried to pull herself away from Tiffany as she realized where they were going.
 
"No no no! Not the cemetery! I am NOT going in there! I'm scared!"
 
The cops were nearing them now. Getting closer and closer with every step.
 
Tiffany grunted in frustration, "Aish! I don't have time for this!"
 
Suddenly, Jessica couldn't feel her feet touching the hard pavement anymore as she was being carried away bridal style by Tiffany who continued to run in to the cemetery.
 
"Put me down! Put me down! Put me down!" Jessica cried helplessly as she hit Tiffany's shoulders. It didn't seem to have any effect on the thief though.
 
Tiffany abruptly stopped when they reached the bridge over the small river. Tiffany looked over the running water below then back at Jessica in her arms.
 
"Do you want me to put you down now?" Tiffany asked as she managed to climb on top of the bridge's railing with Jessica still in her arms.
 
Jessica saw the raging river below her and involuntarily flung both her arms tightly around Tiffany's neck.
 
"You're crazy! You're not going to jump into the river are you?!" Jessica yelled, greatly frightened as she stared at Tiffany with widened and scared eyes.
 
Tiffany just smirked and held Jessica securely, "Hold on tight."
 
And with that, she jumped off the bridge.
 
The cops soon arrived at the bridge and searched the whole place. But they couldn't find the thief or anyone within the perimeter so they continued searching in the advancing areas.
 
What they didn't know was that Tiffany was actually safe with Jessica on the hidden platform under the bridge.
 
Tiffany was breathing heavily due to all the running she's been doing lately and because of the added weight that she carried in her arms.
 
"Are you alright?" Tiffany asked the blonde who had her face buried at the crook of Tiffany's neck, hiding in fear.
 
"You kidnap me and you dare ask me if I'm fine?!" Jessica asked, incredulous.
 
"Hey! First of all, I didn't kidnap you. I'm a thief, not a kidnapper. Kidnapping is for losers who ask for the money instead of working hard to steal it. And second, you can get off my arms now. They're starting to feel numb."
 
Jessica lifted up her head and realized that Tiffany was still carrying her. She suddenly jumped off of Tiffany's arms and held herself protectively.
 
"Please let me go! I won't report you or anything!" Jessica begged.
 
Tiffany rolled her eyes, "The last time I let you go, you didn't even follow what I said!"
 
"I'm sorry!" Jessica apologized.
 
"Your sorry won't do anything. Now the whole country is probably looking for me!" Tiffany held up her hands in irritation. "And it's all because of you!"
 
"Me?! And why is this all my fault?" Jessica snapped back.
 
"Because you screamed like a dolphin making the cops come back after me! I would've gotten away if it weren't for you!"
 
"The police wouldn't even be hot on your heels if you didn't steal anything!"
 
"Would keep your voice down?! The police might come back!"
 
"But you're also shouting at me!"
 
Tiffany shook her head and brought her fingers to her temples to ease the migraine that she was starting to have. "Okay fine. I give up. I'll quiet down because you're giving me a headache with all this shouting."
 
Jessica frowned but remained quiet nonetheless.
 
After a few minutes of silence, Tiffany finally lifted up her head and faced Jessica, taking a step forward. "You know, I'm wondering about something. I'm South Korea's most wanted criminal. Everyone's terrified of the terrible and dangerous things that I can do, yet you don't seem to be afraid of me."
 
Jessica took a step back as Tiffany stepped towards her again.
 
"Now that I've found out that you're actually a girl, you're not as scary anymore."
 
Tiffany chuckled and continued pursuing towards Jessica.
 
"Ah, of course. Who would ever be scared of me when I have such a beautiful face?"
 
"I never said you were beautiful!" Jessica retorted defensively, her back finally meeting the bricked wall. She had been cornered with no way to escape.
 
"Perhaps. But you..." Tiffany placed her hand just beside Jessica's head and leaned against the wall. They were so close that Jessica could feel Tiffany's breathing on her cheek.
 
"You're beautiful," Tiffany whispered, tracing the outline of Jessica's jaw with her finger. "Your face is so angelic. And your skin is so smooth, so flawless."
 
Jessica shivered while Tiffany smirked.
 
"I wonder what it would be like to cut through your beautiful flesh."
 
Jessica stiffened in terror. But not a moment later, Tiffany suddenly started laughing hysterically.
 
"Oh my God! You actually fell for it!" Tiffany backed away and continued laughing.
 
"Y-you're not going to k-kill me?" Jessica asked with a shaking voice.
 
Tiffany's laughing finally died down and she shook her head. "No, silly. I don't kill anyone or anything. I'm not a killer."
 
Jessica found this hard to believe. She was even starting to doubt whether this girl was actually Dianthus or not. What kind of notorious and dangerous criminal uses the word "silly"?
 
"So is your house near here?"
 
"I live in an apartment," Jessica corrected.
 
"Whatever. Is it near this area?"
 
Jessica scowled. The thief's rudeness was starting to get on her nerves. "It's five blocks away from here."
 
"Do you have lots of food? Some clothes?"
 
"Of course I do. What do you think of me? A caveman?"
 
"How big is your bed?"
 
"Excuse me?!"
 
"Just answer the question!" Tiffany growled in demanding voice.
 
"It fits me fine!" Jessica grunted. "Why do you keep asking so many questions?"
 
Tiffany smirked with a sly gleam in her eyes. "I think I'll be staying with you for a while."
 
Jessica's eyes widened incredulously and shook her head in absolute disagreement.
 
"NO!!!"
 
"Oh? Well then, I guess I'll just have to report you to the cops then."
 
"But I didn't even steal anything!"
 
"I'm a skilled criminal in the field of putting the blame on innocent people. I can easily make it look like you did. You could live the rest of your life locked up behind bars."
 
It was Jessica's turn to glare at her. "You wouldn't dare."
 
Tiffany smirked. "Try me."
 
"I could report you, you know!"
 
"And then what? No one would believe you if you don't have any proof," Tiffany smirked. She knew that she had Jessica cornered.
 
"Why should I even help you in the first place?" Jessica hissed.
 
"Because I saved your life and almost got killed in the process. I earn a deserving reward, don't you think?"
 
Jessica gritted her teeth, weighing out her options. It took Jessica a few more minutes before she unwillingly agreed.
 
"Okay fine! But only because you saved me!"
 
Jessica knew this was a bad idea. But how hard can it be to hide a thief?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: If you guys want to suggest or contribute any ideas to any of these unfinished stories then please feel free to do so. I could use some ideas from other people because I'm running out of them hahaha.