Hidden Part 2

A Cup of Caramel Coffee (Jeti Collection)

 

A/N: MIANHAE MIANHAE MIANHAE! :( I know that I was supposed to post this update the day after I posted Hidden Part 1. But I had to fix my requirements for college that day and the days after that. And I was not lazy enough to post it now. So sorry for the wait! *bows 90 degrees* Oh and thank you for the upvote :)

 

 

 

 

 

HIDDEN PART 2

 

 

3 years later...

 
 

Jessica's POV

 
 

It was a Saturday so our school didn't have any classes today. Tiffany was feeling rather bored today and decided to drag me into the mall with her so that we could have some quality time together.

 
 

Tiffany was taking me to another game I didn't know. We've been playing 17 different games now. At first it was fun, but I got tired by the time we played basketball hoops. Tiffany kept missing while I kept retrieving the balls that she bounced out of the machine. I felt like her dog when I'm really more of a lazy cat.

 
 

"Where are we going this time?" I whined tiredly.

 
 

"Somewhere. It's a new game they installed last week! You'll see soon enough!" she replied excitedly.

 
 

Four hours ago, we entered the arcade with the same amount of energy. Four hours later, Tiffany was still giddy. I however, barely had the energy to walk over to the next game.

 
 

How does this girl manage to stay so hyper all the time?

 
 

"We're here!" Tiffany announced as we turned around a corner.

 
 

My eyes grew with fear whereas Tiffany's turned into moon-like crescents, filled with excitement.

 
 

We were looking at the game Tiffany was so eager to play, ZOMBIE DEAD III.

 
 

It was somewhat like a small beaten car with only one opening. It was dark inside and the only thing that illuminated in there was the horrifying screen.

 
 

I could hear the brain dead zombies from the sample play, groaning for human flesh. The realistic graphics along with the high-def speaker only made me cower in fear. Tiffany however, squealed in absolute delight.

 
 

"Let's play this one Jessica!"

 
 

I turned to her with a horrified look, much to her amusement.

 
 

"Oh no! I am not going in there! You can't make me!" I shrieked as I tried to escape. But Tiffany was faster and quickly got a strong grip on my wrist.

 
 

"Come on Jessica! I really want to play this game! Don't be such a kill joy!"

 
 

I shook my head vigorously. "You know how terrified I am with anything that involves reanimating the dead. Or anything that scares the hell out of me for that matter!"

 
 

Tiffany only laughed and pinched my cheek. "You're so cute when you're scared, Jessi!"

 
 

"Don't you dare use aegyo on me!" I warned.

 
 

Tiffany only pouted cutely and added even more aegyo to her voice, "Pretty pleaseeee, Jessi?"

 
 

I gulped, unsure of what to do. I couldn't say no to Tiff when she was being this cute. But then I flinched when I heard another zombie screaming "Braaaainss..." from the game.

 
 

"No Fany-ah!" I said more firmly. "Whatever you do, I am NOT playing that game with you!"

 
 

"But Jessica, you don't even have to play it. You could just sit there beside me."

 
 

"Then why do you need me there if I'm not even gonna play? You should just play on your own while I wait for you out here."

 
 

Now it was Tiffany's eyes that grew in fear. Her grip tightened on me. I winced at the sudden pressure on my wrist.

 
 

"No!" she said, almost yelling.

 

 

 
 

I froze in place, shocked by the sudden force in her words.

 
 

She sighed then looked pleadingly into my eyes.

 
 

"Please..."

 
 

I tried to look away but failed miserably. I reluctantly gave in.

 
 

"Fine..." I grumbled.

 
 

Her eyes turned into crescents once again as she led me into the game. Tiffany made me sit at the far end, away from the only exit.

 
 

So much for thinking of a getaway...

 
 

Tiffany dropped the tokens into the slot and held the gun in her hands, ready to aim.

 
 

"Don't go anywhere." she said.

 
 

I rolled my eyes. As if I could, I thought.

 
 

"And what happens if I do?" I scoffed.

 
 

The game started, and Tiffany was already killing every zombie on the screen.

 
 

"Just...don't." she replied flatly. It sounded more like a command rather than a reply.

 
 

Another zombie was shot mercilessly. Its blood spluttered across the screen while its remains were disgustingly strewn on the virtual pavement.

 
 

I shuddered, thinking that I might receive the same fate if I left. So I obediently stayed in my seat, not daring to run away.

 
 

To distract myself, I diverted my eyes on anything else but the screen. My gaze landed on Tiffany.

 
 

As an artist, I have learned how to be observant, always taking note of the slightest of details.

 
 

I watched how Tiffany's eyebrows arched in concentration as she focused on the game, how tight she would hold the gun and how rough she would reload it. I smiled unconsciously at her seriousness over such a little game, concentrating so much as if it were one of her exams. She was so into the game that she didn't notice that I was staring at her.

 
 

Wait. Me? Staring at her?

 
 

I awkwardly shifted my gaze to the screen but quickly regretted it as I saw the zombie's rotting face up close on the screen with a mixture of drool and blood foaming in its mouth.

 
 

It was terribly horrifying and looked deadly real!

 
 

I immediately looked back at Tiffany and for a moment, I think she also looked scared...But just before she killed the zombie off the face of the game forever.

 
 

Then I remembered the look on Tiffany's face when I suggested that I stay outside. She was holding so tight on my wrist, I thought that it might fall off. It was clear that she wouldn't let me leave.

 
 

Three years together with this girl and she had always been with me. The girl kinda had this fear of being alone. Monophobic, to be more specific. But nothing serious or anything. She just really hates it when she's alone. I'm no psychologist, but like I said, I learn a lot through observing.

 

 

 


I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that the game was already over. Tiffany and I left the game with Tiffany grinning widely while I shook my head in confusion.

 
 

I'll never understand this girl. She's deathly afraid of harmless bugs but is thrilled with killing mindless zombies.

 
 

"I'm getting hungry." Tiffany complained. "Let's go get something to eat, Jessi!"

 
 

"Sure, Tiff."

 
 

Her smile grew wider as she quickly took my hand and dragged me to whatever fast food restaurant she had in mind.

 
 

A little later, we arrived at the food court. We quickly got in line and waited for out turn to order.

 
 

Tiffany eyed the menu and carefully scanned the choices one by one. I shook my head and chuckled. Knowing Tiffany, she doesn't need to look at the menu because her choice was always the same.

 
 

Finally, it was our turn to order.

 
 

"I'll have a chicken burrito and some cheese nachos. Oh, and a strawberry milkshake please." I said, ordering first.

 
 

Tiffany was tapping her fingers on the counter, something she does when she couldn't decide. Our line was getting longer and the lady behind me was grumbling some unintelligible words that I was sure were directed at us.

 
 

"Hmm..." Tiffany said.

 
 

The girl behind the cashier seemed to be getting bothered as well. If this goes on any longer, I'm pretty sure the end of the line would be found outside.

 
 

I sighed. I had to so something. Suddenly, I pulled Tiffany away from the counter without warning and took her place.

 
 

"She'll have a huge slice of pizza and a hamburger. And give her some fries with extra ketchup."

 
 

Tiffany looked surprised while the cashier girl sighed a relief.

 
 

"Would that be all?"

 
 

I cut in before Tiffany had any chance to object.

 
 

"Yeah. I'm sure."

 
 

Once our food was served on our trays, I quickly went off to find ourselves a table, knowing that Tiffany would be following close behind.

 
 

We found a table in a corner and sat down.

 
 

"You didn't have to cut me off like that, Jess. I wasn't going to change the order." she said as she arranged her food.

 
 

"I'm sorry but I could feel Ms. Move-out-of-the-way behind us boring holes into our skulls."

 
 

Tiffany shrugged as she began cutting her food into little pieces, the way she always does before eating.

 
 

"She should learn how to wait." Tiffany said.

 
 

I just shrugged and started eating my chicken burrito.

 
 

Tiffany still seemed bothered by something and hesitated a bit before asking.

 
 

"How did you know what I was going to order anyway?"

 
 

"Oh please!" I scoffed.

 
 

"You stare at the menu for a long time 'deciding' what you'd like to eat when you order the same thing every time."

 
 

Tiffany looked at me with a shocked expression on her face until she found her voice and managed to talk.

 
 

"I do not order the same thing every time!" she replied rather defensively as she shoved a handful of fries into .

 
 

"Hmm...you're right." I replied nonchalantly. Tiffany seemed to tone down a bit, but I wasn't quite finished with what I was about to say.

 
 

"When you're mad, you order more fries and douse it all with ketchup." I smirked.

 
 

Tiffany scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You're exaggerating!"

 
 

Tiffany took a french fry and dipped it in a rather large amount of ketchup. She ate it whole and I laughed as her face suddenly changed into a sour expression.

 
 

"I believe that you're the one exaggerating, Fany-ah!"

 
 

---

 
 

Tiffany's POV

 
 

I gulped down hard while Jessica was still laughing at me. Her right hand was hitting the table while her other hand was still clutching onto her half-eaten burrito. She was laughing so hard that almost no sound came out. Just cute little breaths that she in and out that sounded like hiccups.

 
 

Did I really look that funny? And did I just find her little breaths cute?

 
 

Although the french fry was already down my digestive system, I could still taste the sourness that was left in my mouth.

 
 

I searched our table to find something to wash down the taste with, but then I realized that my order didn't come with a drink. My hand immediately reached out for the nearest drink available which was Jessica's milkshake and took a great drink from it.

 
 

"Yah, Tiffany! That's mine! Drink your own!" Jessica complained as she took the milkshake away from my hands.

 
 

"Well in case you haven't noticed, you forgot to order my drink!" I told her as I wiped my mouth.

 
 

Jessica looked at her milkshake and pouted. "Aww! You nearly finished half of it!"

 
 

I scoffed. "Serves you right! And how come you ordered strawberry flavor? I thought your favorite was banana."

 
 

"It is my favorite. But they ran out of banana milkshakes."

 
 

I stared at the strawberry milkshake sadly. After drinking from Jessica's milkshake I was just craving for some more!

 
 

Jessica looked at me, then back at the shake, then sighed.

 
 

"Here, take it." she said as she handed her milkshake in front of me.

 
 

"But it's yours." I replied, shocked by her actions.

 
 

"No. It's yours now. Besides, I forgot to order your drink, so take mine instead." she insisted.

 
 

I looked at the shake in her hand. It was tempting. Strawberry. My favorite. And it tasted so good...

 
 

"Come on, Tiff."

 
 

I looked back at Jessica.

 
 

"It's your favorite. I know you want it!" she replied teasingly with a smile.

 
 

"How bout we just share it instead?" I offered.

 
 

Jessica shrugged as she got up and returned with two straws.

 
 

"Sure. Why not?"

 
 

---

 
 

Jessica's POV

 
 

Tiffany and I finished eating our food. But the stawberry milkshake remained untouched.

 
 

"Aren't you going to drink that?" I asked while pointing at the drink.

 
 

"Aren't you?" she asked back.

 
 

I shrugged. I really wanted her to have it instead since it was her favorite.

 
 

"Why don't we just finish it at the same time?" she suggested.

 
 

"Huh?" I replied, confused.

 
 

But Tiffany was already handing me a straw and placing another one in the pink slush. I did the same.

 
 

"Think of it like a game. We drink on 3, okay?"

 
 

I nodded.

 
 

"Okay. 1, 2, 3!"

 
 

Our lips touched the straws at the same time and we began to drink the milkshake. Our heads were so close together that our noses were almost brushing against each other. I could smell her scent.

 
 

Mmm, she smells like strawberries. Or was that just the shake?

 
 

I looked at Tiffany who was closing her eyes as if waiting to be kissed. My heart suddenly beated faster. My lips were just a few centimeters away from her own. I was suddenly tempted to taste them, wondering if they also tasted like strawberry. The only thing that was in the way were these straws.

 
 

I could feel my cheeks heat up into a slight tinge of red at the thought of kissing Tiffany.

 
 

What the hell? What am I thinking?!

 
 

Just then, Tiffany opened her eyes and looked into mine. I tried to look away but it felt like there was a magnetic force that was pulling me back into her eyes. I knew that Tiffany had pretty eyes, but I never noticed that they were this...beautiful.

 
 

I could hear my heart thumping louder. My pulse was racing. Butterflies flew in my stomach.

 
 

Oh no, I thought. There it goes again. And this time, I think it's gotten worse.

 
 

I flinched and immediately jerked away from the drink.

 
 

"Jessi, what's wrong?" Tiffany asked, confused.

 
 

"Uh, n-nothing Tiffany! I j-just need to go to the r-restroom." I stuttered then walked away.

 
 

I hurriedly got to the restroom and leaned on my hands that gripped onto the edge of the sink. I looked at the mirror and saw myself blushing madly in a deep shade of red. I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head frantically.

 
 

No Jessica! Stop it! What wrong with you? You are not in love with Tiffany! You already told yourself to stop feeling this way for Tiffany a long time ago! She's your best friend, for crying out loud! Best friends don't feel that way for each other! So snap out of it!

 
 

I slowly took in a deep breath and let it out as a heavy sigh.

 
 

"Stop this now, Jessica..." I quietly told myself.

 
 

Suddenly, I heard a knock then the door opened slightly.

 
 

"Jessica?" Tiffany called out in a soft voice.

 
 

"I'll be out in a sec, Tiff."

 
 

Tiffany nodded then closed the door again.

 
 

I looked in the mirror and reminded myself again. "Stop it before it get's any worse..."

 
 

I sighed again before I opened the door and stepped outside.

 
 

"What took you so long, Jessica?"

 
 

"Tiffany, I was in there for only like 30 seconds." I replied rather coldly.

 
 

Tiffany looked worried. No...she looked scared. Oh yeah, she hates to be alone.

 
 

Tiffany suddenly took my hand and intertwined it with hers. I glanced at our joined hands as it were the first time.

 
 

I shouldn't be doing this, I thought.

 
 

I had to distance myself away from her. But when it comes to Tiffany, I can't. She makes it awfully difficult for me. She always keeps pulling me right back in.

 
 

"Just don't leave me alone like that again..." Tiffany said quietly.

 
 

I should be pulling away. But instead, my hand held on tighter onto hers.

 
 

"Don't worry Tiffany. I'll never leave you."

 
 

---

 
 

Tiffany's POV

 
 

I liked holding Jessica's hand. Despite of what people think if her as an Ice Princess, I find her very warm. Even her hands felt warm. Holding on to them always made me feel safe and protected. I've held hands with a lot of people before. But only Jessica made me feel this way. It was comforting, and I liked it. So I held on tighter to her hand. I didn't want to let it go.

 
 

Jessica and I continued going around the mall until it was almost curfew for our dorm.

 
 

"Can we go for a walk in the park before heading home?" I asked.

 
 

Jessica looked at me hesitantly.

 
 

"Why?" she asked short.

 
 

"I just feel like going to the park right now."

 
 

"It's getting late."

 
 

"We'll be home before curfew."

 
 

"It'll be dark."

 
 

"They have street lights, Jessica."

 
 

"We'll be walking longer."

 
 

"I don't mind."

 
 

"You'll get exhausted."

 
 

"I'm not really that tired."

 
 

"You're not giving this up, are you?"

 
 

"And you're running out of excuses, aren't you?"

 
 

Jessica shrugged and grunted. "Fine. I'll take you to the park. But I'll be going home right after. Just go home on your own wh-"

 
 

"No!" I complained.

 
 

"Fine, then we go home now."

 
 

"But I really want to go to the park." I whined.

 
 

"Okay, it's either we go home now, or you go to the park on your own." she said coldly.

 
 

I remained silent and bit my lower lip.

 
 

"Well?" she asked impatiently.

 
 

Another few seconds of silence.

 
 

"I'll be going home then..." Jessica said as she slowly turned around and began to walk towards home.

 
 

"I want to watch the sunset with you!" I suddenly blurted out, making Jessica stop abruptly in her tracks.

 
 

"W-what?" Jessica stuttered as she turned back to face me.

 
 

"I want to watch the sunset with you..." I repeated shyly. I didn't know where that came from. But I realized that the moment those word left my mouth, I really meant it. It was true. I did want to watch the sunset with her.

 
 

Jessica neared and stood in front of me. She sighed audibly then looked away sadly.

 
 

"Why me, Tiffany? I'm not someone special to watch the sunset with." she asked in a whisper.

 
 

I raised my hand and held her chin, forcing her to look at me.

 
 

"You're special to me, Jessi..."

 
 

I really mean it... I hope you know that...

 
 

We stared at each other for a moment, as if everything around us wasn't even there anymore. I think I could feel my heart beat faster then slower, then faster again. It confused me. I didn't know what I was feeling...

 
 

Jessica Jung Sooyeon, how is it that you are able to make my heart beat faster and slower at the same time...

 
 

"Then let's go before it gets late." Jessica said as she tore her gaze away from mine, snapping me out of my thoughts.

 
 

"Oh, o-okay."

 
 

---

 
 

We continued walking to the park and strolled around for a little bit until we stopped for a while and sat on a bench side by side. We were facing the beautiful sun that was already starting to set.

 
 

"Why do you like watching the sun set, Fany-ah?" Jessica asked curiously.

 
 

I thought about it for a moment before replying.

 
 

"It reminds me that even the most beautiful things need to be hidden every once in a while."

 
 

"What?" Jessica asked with a puzzled expression that I found adorable.

 
 

"It's kinda like the saying 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'. You know that right?"

 
 

"Yeah, I do." Jessica nodded then cocked her head a little to the side cutely.

 
 

"But wouldn't it be better if something so beautiful would always be shown to the world?" she asked.

 
 

I smiled sadly and shook my head.

 
 

"Then where's the beauty of it?" I replied.

 
 

"Huh?"

 
 

"Do you think people would find the sun beautiful if it was always up there?"

 
 

"I guess not."

 
 

"See, that's the beauty of it. People appreciate the beauty of things when they realize that it's gone. Then they find it even more beautiful once it has returned."

 
 

We sat again in silence and just continued watching the beautiful scenery. The sun was almost gone, sending out the last of its golden rays. And the moon was already shining, emitting its nightly glow on the land below.

 
 

"What about love?" Jessica asked all of sudden.

 
 

"Hmm?" I asked, confused.

 
 

"I mean, love is something beautiful right? Should something as beautiful as love be hidden too?"

 
 

I smiled as I intertwined my hand with Jessica's and met with her gaze.

 
 

"Love is the only beautiful thing that should never be hidden."

 
 

---

 
 

Jessica's POV

 
 

Tiffany's words echoed in my head. I honestly had never heard her so serious or so full of wisdom before. It was like, she was thinking deeply about something, and it bothered her.

 
 

Tiffany and I walked back into our dorm just before curfew. We went into the room that we shared and decided to get ready for bed.

 
 

After Tiffany's first sleepover at my dorm room three years ago, she kept on coming back every night, insisting me to let her sleep in my room. She rarely slept in her dorm with Taeyeon, claiming that she preferred sleeping in mine and that Taeyeon's snoring still bothered her. It's like she moved permanently into my dorm, seeing that she has more stuff in here than in her own.

 
 

I was surprised to see Tiffany sleeping on my bed when I got out of the bathroom after putting on my pajamas.

 
 

That's weird, I thought as I neared the sleeping girl lying on my bed. She knows her bed well enough. She would know it even if she was drunk.

 
 

I placed my face near hers to see if she was sleeping.

 
 

She was.

 
 

I watched her sleeping form for a while and smiled to myself. But then I realized how close my proximity was to her so I slowly backed away.

 
 

But before I could take a step back, Tiffany suddenly took hold of my wrist. I froze in place and held my breath.

 
 

"Jessi, can I sleep with you tonight?" she asked sleepily while opening her eyes a little.

 
 

"Uh...I -" But I didn't even get a chance to reply as Tiffany already pulled me into the bed with her.

 
 

My bed wasn't really big and it wasn't small either. It was alright for me and I preferred it that way. But apparently, it couldn't fit both Tiffany and me at the same time.

 
 

I shifted to the side and tried to stay as farthest as I can from Tiffany. I kept on shifting until I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist possessively and a leg inserting in between mine.

 
 

"Stop fidgeting, you might fall off. Now go to sleep." Tiffany whispered hoarsely into my ear. It sounded so y even though she said it sleepily.

 
 

I suddenly stopped moving. My whole body seemed to be melting in Tiffany's possessive embrace.

 
 

"You make a good pillow did you know that?" Tiffany whispered again as she nuzzled her face deeper into my long brown hair.

 
 

I could feel her lips graze past against my neck a little and I weakened at the touch.

 
 

"Good night, Jessi..." she whispered quietly, the way she tells me every night before she goes to sleep.

 
 

A few seconds later, I could hear her deep breaths and her light snores as she started sleeping again.

 
 

I shifted my body around so that I'd be facing Tiffany. She was still hugging me tightly and I smiled unconsciously. I looked at her beautiful face. She seemed so peaceful as she slept, like an angel that was sent down from heaven.

 
 

A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be hidden, I thought as I fixed her fringe. I took the strands of brown hair that was offending her face and tucked it gently behind her ear.

 
 

I rested my chin on top of her head and hugged her back.

 
 

I don't know what I'm supposed to do to hide away from you, Tiffany...

 
 

And with that thought in mind, I heavily closed my eyes and went to sleep.

 
 
 
 
 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This chapter seems so sudden huh? Like I said before, this was supposed to be a fanfic but I didn't continue doing that so it skipped three years. To make it clear, Jessica fell in love with Tiffany within those three years. But she wants to stop feeling that way for Tiffany because they're just best friends. And sorry if their moments seem so cliche. I wrote this so long ago.