Be My Valentine

A Cup of Caramel Coffee (Jeti Collection)

 

A/N: This is a VERY late update. It's not even February anymore! :| I was supposed to post this during Valentines Day, but I got sick and it slipped my mind  :P Haha! I apologize for that!  ^-^

 

 

 

 

 

BE MY VALENTINE

 

 

 

 

 

"Would you be my Valentine?" The words were fancily written on a red heart-shaped paper, decorated with pretty floral patterns. It was made with such perfection and beauty that any girl would find the work of art so sweet and would say yes to the one who made it.

 
 

But Jessica only sighed as she placed the Valentine card at the back part of her locker, along with the many others that have remained unanswered.

 
 

She took out some of her books and closed her locker shut. Looking to her right, she saw her best friend holding a bouquet of roses while smiling widely. Jessica let out another sigh as she held her books tighter and approached the girl.

 
 

"Hey Tiff." Jessica greeted.

 
 

"Hi Jessi! Look at what Minho gave me!" Tiffany said excitedly as she held up the flowers for Jessica to see.

 
 

"That's nice." Jessica replied in an uninterested tone. "Did he ask you to be his Valentine?"

 
 

"Yeah."

 
 

Jessica bit back her lip slightly. "And...did you say yes?"

 
 

Tiffany shook her head and replied, "No."

 
 

Jessica let out a small sigh of relief but immediately went back to her cold attitude. "Oh. Well why did you reject him? Minho seemed like a nice guy."

 
 

Tiffany shrugged, "I just don't think that I'd like him to be my date on Valentines Day."

 
 

"Picky." Jessica commented.

 
 

Tiffany opened her locker and placed the bouquet inside. "How about you? Do already have a date?"

 
 

"Nobody has even asked me yet." Jessica lied.

 
 

Tiffany looked at her skeptically and raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

 
 

"Uh huh."

 
 

"Then kindly explain to me those bunch of Valentine cards sticking out of your locker, Jessica." Tiffany pointed out.

 
 

"Huh?" Jessica turned around and saw that a new batch of Valentine cards were indeed sticking out of her locker.

 
 

That many already? But I just cleared up the last batch a few minutes ago!

 
 

Jessica quickly grabbed the cards and stuffed them hastily inside her locker.

 
 

"Jessica," Tiffany said as she approached the older girl, "You never told me that a flock of boys were asking you out."

 
 

"It isn't that important, Tiffany." Jessica dismissed the topic away.

 
 

"Did you say yes to any of them?" Tiffany asked excitedly.

 
 

"No." Jessica answered simply.

 
 

"Eh? Why not?"

 
 

Jessica shrugged, "I don't like Valentines Day."

 
 

"WHAAATT??? How could you not like Valentines Day? It's a very special day filled with flowers and teddy bears and chocolates and love!"

 
 

Jessica rolled her eyes. "I'm not easily fooled by that lovey-dovey stuff that others foolishly believe in. Valentines is just like any other day, only that flower, teddy bear, and chocolate sales skyrocket to the roof and that there's definitely a hell lot of PDA going around."

 
 

"Sheesh! You're such a Scrooge, Jessica."

 
 

"Scrooge hates Christmas, Tiffany. Not Valentines Day." Jessica corrected.

 
 

"Fine, a Valentine-Scrooge then." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "So you're not going to find a date for the school's Valentines Dance?"

 
 

"Does it look like I'm interested?"

 
 

"No."

 
 

"Then you have my answer."

 

 
 

Jessica turned around and walked towards their next class, leaving Tiffany running behind.

 
 

"Jessica! Wait for me!"

 
 

---

 
 

Jessica could only watch sadly as she saw Tiffany receiving a Valentine card from another suitor.

 
 

Sigh...

 
 

"Why don't you just ask her on a date?"

 
 

"EEEEPP!!!" Jessica jumped in her seat and let out a piercing dolphin shriek, causing all of her classmates to cover their ears.

 
 

"YAH SICA! Stop screaming! You're making me deaf!" Yuri shouted as she backed away and covered both her ears as well.

 
 

"YURI! Don't scare me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Jessica scowled as she hit Yuri's arm.

 
 

"Well you nearly destroyed my eardrums!" Yuri retorted back.

 
 

"Hmp!"

 
 

"Aish...so childish..." Yuri muttered. But Jessica didn't hear it since her attention was on someone else.

 
 

Yuri looked up to the direction Jessica was looking at and said, "So I see you're watching Ms. I-Love-Valentines-Day again."

 
 

Jessica immediately looked away from Tiffany and diverted her eyes to her feet that were shifting nervously.

 
 

"N-no I wasn't..."

 
 

Yuri rolled her eyes and scoffed, "You're not fooling me, Jessica. It's pretty obvious to me that you have feelings for Tiffany."

 
 

"W-WHAT?? Feelings for T-tiffany? That's c-crazy, Yuri!" Jessica stuttered.

 
 

Yuri smirked, "You're too obvious, Sica. Did you know that?"

 
 

"W-what are you t-talking about, Yul?"

 
 

"I'm talking here about you liking Tiffany!"

 
 

"SHHHH!!!" Jessica shushed. "Not so loud! Do you want the whole student body to know?" Jessica scowled.

 
 

"So you do admit it?" Yuri grinned, obviously amused.

 
 

"Aish! Okay fine! You win! I like Tiffany! Happy?"

 
 

Yuri grinned triumphantly. "I knew it! So anyway, why don't you just ask her out?"

 
 

Jessica sighed sadly. "It's not that easy, Yul. It's not like she'd want to have me as a date. There are a lot of people more worthy than me that she'd prefer to go out with."

 
 

"Then how come she's rejecting those people?"

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Jessica," Yuri sighed exasperatedly. "Valentines Day is exactly a week away. Just ask her to be your Valentine. Fany's your bestfriend, surely she'd understand your feelings for her if she doesn't return them back. So stop being a coward. You'll never know unless you don't try, Sica."

 
 

Jessica looked at Yuri and took in a deep breath before sighing audibly.

 
 

"Okay."

 
 

---

 
 

February 7

 
 

Jessica saw Tiffany walking along the corridor, heading to her next class.

 
 

This is it. I just have to ask her, right? How hard could that be?

 
 

Jessica puffed out a lungful of air and pumped out her fist. "Jessica, Hwaiting!"

 
 

Then she walked a little faster, catching up with Tiffany's pace.

 
 

"Hey, Tiffany. Look, there's something I want to say to you. Wait - no - there's something I'd like to ask you."

 
 

Jessica brought a hand to her neck and rubbed it nervously.

 
 

"Erm...how do I say this? Uh, I know that a lot of guys are asking you out but...Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, would you be my Valentine?"

 
 

"..."

 
 

"..."

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Tiffany?"

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Fany-ah?"

 
 

"..."

 
 

Jessica sighed loudly, tired of trying to get a response from the other girl. She bit her lip worriedly, keeping back the tears that were threatening to fall. This is what she was afraid of from the start. That Tiffany would reject her and that Jessica's feelings for her would create a boundary in their friendship. And Jessica didn't want to have that disconnection.

 
 

"Tiffany," Jessica sighed. "Look, j-just forget a-anything that I sa-"

 
 

"SOWONEUL MALHAEBWA!" Tiffany suddenly sang at the top of her lungs.

 
 

"Eh?" Jessica looked at the singing girl quizically. She craned her neck a little to see more of Tiffany's face.

 
 

She's wearing her earphones!

 
 

"I'm Genie for you boy!" Tiffany continued singing then noticed Jessica standing beside her with agape.

 
 

"Oh, Jessica! Were you walking beside me all this time?"

 
 

"..."

 
 

"Jessica?"

 
 

"Er, yeah." Jessica replied weakly.

 
 

Tiffany took out her earphones and frowned at the older girl. "Jessi, you look kinda disappointed. Is there anything wrong?"

 
 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and shook her head. "No. Let's just get back to class."

 
 

---

 
 

February 8

 
 

Okay, maybe yesterday wasn't the day. Maybe now's the time, Jessica thought as she approached Tiffany's desk.

 
 

She made sure that the girl wasn't wearing any earphones before clearing and speaking up.

 
 

"Tiffany."

 
 

"What is it, Jess?"

 
 

"Um..." Jessica started out nervously. "Fany-ah, would you-"

 
 

"TIFFANY NOONA!"

 
 

Aish! Who's this guy trying to interrupt me?!

 
 

"Oh, hi Wooyoung!" Tiffany waved at the boy approaching.

 
 

"I picked this for you!" The boy held up a rose in front of Tiffany's face.

 
 

Argh! I should've gotten her a flower too...Jessica grumbled in her thought.

 
 

"Would you be my Valentine?" The boy asked with hopeful eyes.

 
 

"Oh thank you, Wooyoung! That's so sweet of you! But I'm sorry because I couldn't be your Valentine." Tiffany replied politely.

 
 

Despite being rejected, Wooyoung still managed a huge grin. "That's okay. At least the rose I got for you made you smile."

 
 

Wooyoung waved with a goodbye and took his leave.

 
 

"Aw, this is so pretty!" Tiffany giggled while admiring the rose. "So...you were saying, Jess?"

 
 

"Huh?"

 

 
 

"You were about to ask me something." Tiffany reminded.

 
 

"Oh, yeah. Um...nevermind. It wasn't really important anyway..."

 
 

---

 
 

February 9

 
 

Jessica kept breathing in and out to calm down her nervous heart that was beating so fast. She held on tightly to the pink rose in her hand, making sure that she wouldn't lose it on the way to the cafeteria. She immediately saw the back of Tiffany's head the moment she opened the double doors of the entrance. Jessica hid the rose behind her back while she walked towards the table where Tiffany sat along with their seven other friends. But before she could even tap the girl's shoulder, Taeyeon tapped it first and pointed at the table beside them where Nickhun and his group of friends were sitting.

 
 

"Tiffany, Nickhun told me that he wants to give you something." Taeyeon said.

 
 

The other girls oohed as they saw Nickhun getting up from his seat and revealing a bouquet of twelve pink roses hidden under the table. He walked up to Tiffany's chair and knelt down, offering the flowers to the girl.

 
 

"Tiffany, would you be my Valentine?"

 
 

Jessica's eyes twitched as she watched the scene unraveling before her. She gripped the lone rose hidden behind her back tighter, not minding the pain from being pricked by its thorns. Her rose seemed so pathetic compared to Nickhun's bouquet.

 
 

"Thank you for these, Nickhun Oppa! They're very lovely! But I can't be your Valentine. I'm really sorry."

 
 

Nickhun nodded and smiled weakly before getting up and returning back to his table.

 
 

"Hey Jessica!" Hyoyeon called out. "Where have you been? Come and sit here!"

 
 

Jessica nodded and walked closer to sit in the empty chair between Hyoyeon and Tiffany.

 
 

Tiffany beamed a bright eye-smile at Jessica and showed the bouquet of flowers.

 
 

"Look Jessi! They're all pink!" Tiffany told her excitingly.

 
 

"Yeah..." Jessica forced a smile.

 
 

Tiffany smiled back but suddenly frowned and placed the bouquet on the table, quickly losing interest in it.

 
 

"Jessi! What happened to your hand?!" Tiffany asked worriedly as she grabbed Jessica's bleeding hand that was still holding the pink rose. Jessica opened the palm of her hand and rolled out the flower unto the table.

 
 

"It's nothing, Tiffany." Jessica reassured. "It's fine."

 
 

Tiffany scowled at Jessica and scolded the girl, "YAH! It is clearly NOT fine, Jung Sooyeon! You're bleeding! Now shut up and let me take care of you!"

 

 

Jessica blushed as Tiffany brought her hand to her lips, blowing a warm breath on the fresh wounds.

 
 

"Ooh Sica! Where did you get this?" Sunny asked as she picked up the rose and showed it to the others.

 
 

The seven girls gathered around the flower curiously and began throwing more questions at Jessica who was still being treated diligently by Tiffany.

 
 

Tiffany didn't say anything as she dabbed a wet handkerchief on Jessica's wounds and wrapped it carefully around her hand.

 
 

"Uh...a suitor gave it to me a whil- OUCH!"

 
 

Jessica suddenly winced in pain. Tiffany unexpectedly and suspiciously tied the last knot of the handkerchief too tightly on Jessica's hand.

 
 

---

 
 

February 10

 
 

Jessica arranged the bouquet of pink and yellow flowers perfectly.

 
 

I hope she likes these better than the others she received before.

 
 

Picking up the bouquet with both hands, Jessica made her way to their classroo where she found Tiffany receiving another bouquet.

 
 

Hah! Mine is better and bigger! Jessica grinned happily.

 
 

She continued approaching the other girl until she noticed a frown forming on the latter's face.

 
 

"Erm...what seems to be the matter, Fany-ah? Didn't you like the flowers that the guy gave you a while ago?" Jessica asked as she hid her bouquet behind her back.

 
 

Tiffany sighed sadly before giving a reply, "I like it. But all I keep getting are flowers. I'm kinda disappointed because I'm really craving for some chocolate nowadays."

 
 

"Oh..."

 
 

"Yeah, it's too bad that no one has given me chocolates yet." Tiffany sighed sadly again.

 
 

Jessica's eyes immediately lit up with an idea. Suddenly, she dashed out of the classroom, slapping her bouquet into Tiffany's hands.

 
 

"Wait, Jessica! Why are you giving these to me?!"

 
 

---

 
 

February 11

 
 

Jessica grinned widely as she took out the chocolate bar out of her bag.

 
 

I'm sure that she'll say yes to her favorite!

 
 

She placed the chocolate on top of Tiffany's desk and wrote a note on the pink card attached to it that read: Would you be my Valentine? - Jessica

 
 

Jessica grinned even wider when she heard Tiffany entering the room.

 
 

"Tiffany!" Jessica called out as she approached her.

 
 

"Hmm, what is it Jessi?"

 
 

"I think someone left something on your desk. I'm sure you'll like it!"

 
 

"Oh really?!" Tiffany immediately went to her table then looked for the surprise gift.

 
 

She turned to face Jessica with a frown and her arms across her chest.

 
 

"Haha! Very funny, Jung Sooyeon." Tiffany said sarcastically.

 
 

"Huh?" Jessica asked, confused.

 
 

She wasn't supposed to react this way!

 
 

"What do you mean, Tiff?"

 
 

"Stop playing your prank on me, Jessica!"

 
 

"But I'm not pla-"

 
 

"Hey Tiffany!" Sooyoung yelled as she each of her fingers clean. "Who gave you the chocolates? I threw the card away so I don't know who it came from. But I have to say, the chocolates tasted very DELICIOUS!"

 
 

"SOOYOUNG! YOU SHIKSHIN!"

 

 

---

 
 

February 12

 
 

"HAHAHAHA! You're such a fail, Sica!" Yuri laughed hysterically after Jessica told her how her plans on asking Tiffany to be her Valentine failed miserably.

 
 

"Yah! It's not funny! It's not my fault that my plans always backfire!" Jessica pouted then sighed tiredly. "Maybe I should just give up."

 

 

"And waste all your effort? No way, Jessica! If you're not going to ask her then I'll do it for you."

 
 

Yuri suddenly ran and headed towards their classroom.

 
 

"Yuri! Don't!" Jessica also ran and sped up as she caught up with Yuri who came bursting into the classroom.

 
 

"HEY, TIFFANY! JESSICA WANTS TO KNOW IF YO-"

 
 

Jessica immediately clamped a hand over Yuri's mouth, muffling her loud voice as she tried to speak. Jessica laughed nervously as Tiffany looked at her with a confused expression on her face.

 
 

"Jessi, what was Yuri saying?"

 
 

"NOTHING! It was n-nothing!" Jessica laughed weakly as she dragged Yuri out of the classroom, much to the girl's protest.

 
 

---

 
 

February 13

 
 

Okay, I'm just gonna ask her straight to the point. Right now. N. O. W.

 
 

"Jessica!" Tiffany called out as she ran towards the girl. "I have something to tell you!"

 
 

"What is it?"

 
 

"Siwon Oppa asked me to be his Valentine and I said YES! We're going together to the dance tomorrow!"

 
 

Jessica's heart shattered right at that moment. But no matter how much her heart was hurting, she tried to smile bitterly.

 
 

"Congratulations, Tiffany. I'm happy for you. And I hope that you're really happy too."

 
 

And with that, she turned around and left, willing herself not to look back and cry.

 
 

---

 
 

February 14

 
 

"How do I look?" Tiffany asked as she twirled flawlessly, showing off her beautiful white dress for the dance.

 
 

It seemed to Jessica like everything was in slow motion at that moment. Tiffany's brown hair flowed beautifully past her shoulders and her eyes seemed to sparkle even brighter than gems. Jessica's breath was literally taken away at how Tiffany looked.

 
 

"Stunning. Beautiful. Perfect." Jessica replied breathlessly.

 
 

Tiffany stopped twirling and looked at Jessica with a pout.

 
 

"Are you really sure you're not going, Jessi?"

 
 
"Yes."
 
 
"Why not?"
 
 

"Because I don't want to and I'm not interested. But even if I did want to, I wouldn't have a date to go with, Tiffany."

 
 

"You could go with me." Tiffany offered.

 
 

"You have Siwon." Jessica pointed out.

 
 

"Still..."

 
 

Jessica sighed tiredly and waved a dismissive hand at Tiffany.

 
 

"Just go now, Fany-ah. Siwon must be waiting for you."

 
 

Jessica headed towards the kitchen and busied herself with the dishes. Tiffany followed her and spoke in a soft voice.

 
 

"Jessica, are you okay?"

 
 

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just a little bit tired. That's all."

 
 

"Okay." Tiffany said, although unsure. "I'll be going now."

 
 

Jessica didn't say anything and continued washing the dishes. Tiffany frowned sadly and took this as her cue to leave, closing the door of Jessica's dorm with a soft thud.

 
 

---

 
 

It was already past midnight but Jessica was still awake, constantly thinking about Tiffany and the dance.

 
 

"She must be really happy right now." Jessica sighed sadly.

 
 

Her thoughts soon mindlessly drifted away as she let out a long and tiring yawn. She closed her eyes sleepily and let her consciousness mindlessly drift to sleep. But just when she was about to fall asleep, she suddenly heard someone knock on her door.

 
 

Jessica grunted as she ignored the person and went back to falling asleep. But the person was persistent and knocked again, more loudly this time. Jessica grunted in annoyance as she pulled the covers over herself to drown out the continuous knocking. But the knocking soon turned into banging as the person on the other side of the door was becoming impatient.

 
 

"Aish!" Jessica hissed angrily as she threw the blanket to the ground and stormed up to the door to face the person with her rage.

 
 

She unlocked the door and flew it open wildly, revealing the person on the other side.

 
 

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LA- Tiffany?"

 
 

Tiffany stood in front of Jessica's doorway, her white dress was creased and rumpled from all the running she did from the school to the dorm.

 
 

"Tiffany, what are you doing here?" Jessica asked.

 
 

Tiffany didn't reply as she let herself inside Jessica's room while the latter closed the door and followed Tiffany in to the bedroom.

 
 

"Why are you here, Tiff? Where's Siwon? Did he come here with you? Is the dance already over? How did your date go?"

 
 

"You ask too many questions, Jessica."

 
 

"Well I'm sorry. It's just that you came here looking like a bride who ran away to be with her lover."

 
 

Tiffany looked at Jessica and raised a questioning eyebrow. Jessica immediately bit her lip shut after realizing what she just said.

 
 

"I-i didn't mean it t-that way. W-what I m-meant was tha-"

 
 

"Maybe I did." Tiffany suddenly said, interrupting Jessica.

 
 

"Huh?"

 
 

Tiffany walked over to Jessica and whispered huskily into her ear.

 
 

"Maybe I did run away to be with my lover."

 
 

Jessica didn't quite understand what Tiffany said.

 
 

"What do you me-"

 
 

Although it looked like she got the message clearly when Tiffany unexpectedly pinned her against a wall and crashed her lips into Jessica's.

 
 

Jessica was too shocked to move and her mind was too confused at the moment to tell her what to do. But then Tiffany pulled away from the kiss abruptly and let go of Jessica's wrists.

 
 

"I hate you!" Tiffany scowled at Jessica.

 
 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "You kiss me out of nowhere then suddenly you tell me that you hate me? You're really something, Hwang Miyoung."

 
 

"Stupid! Fool! Pabo! I hate you!" Tiffany said as she hit Jessica's chest with every word.

 
 

"Yah! Calling me such names isn't really a term of endearment you know." Jessica frowned as she swatted Tiffany's hands away from hitting her. "Why is it that you're so upset?"

 
 

"You're not only a pabo, you're slow as well!"

 
 

"Tiffa-"

 
 

"You had to make me say yes to Siwon and go out on a horrible date with him just to make you jealous! But you acted like you were happy for me and didn't even care!"

 
 

"Tiffany, I don't understa-"

 
 

"God! Why can't you just ask me out, Jessica? Why do you have to be so dense? Why can't you see that I LOVE YOU TOO!"

 
 

Jessica was stunned by Tiffany's words again, causing her to stutter as she spoke.

 
 

"I t-tried to ask you for the past f-few days bu-"

 
 

Jessica was interrupted once again when Tiffany surprisingly kissed her for a second time, cutting off Jessica's words completely. This time, Jessica finally kissed her back with the same amount of passion. Their lips were needy on each other, devouring each other hungrily. As if to make up for all the lost times they could've spent together. Tiffany pulled away slightly as Jessica fluttered her eyelids, still dazed by the kiss she badly wanted.

 
 

"Will you ask me now, Jessi?"

 
 

"But Fany-ah, it isn't Valentines Day anymore. I'm too late. I couldn't ask you to be my Valentine."

 
 

"Then ask me now to be your Valentine for next year so that we wouldn't have to go through all this trouble again."

 
 

"Hmm, I have a better idea."

 

 

"What's that?"

 

 

"I'll just ask you to be my girlfriend instead." Jessica smiled.

 
 

Tiffany smiled widely, her eyes turning into crescents, and responded by leaning forward and capturing Jessica's lips with hers as the both of them fell on top of each other on Jessica's bed.

 
 

"Finally."

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Belated Happy Valentines Day! ^-^