Blushing?

You Are My Dream

Mrs Lee: * Clears throat* Stop holding hands and settle down.

I pulled my hand away as I turned bright red. I kept my head down and hurried to my seat. Minwoo was laughing as he walked past me.

Class was boring. As usual. I was either looking out of the window, admiring the clear blue sky outside or looking at the clock, waiting impatiently for the lesson to end. At last, the bell rang. I stood up and packed my bag as Nami and the others approached me. But before they had a chance to speak, Minwoo grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the class.

Minwoo: You know the uhm... performance last night?

Minhee: Uh huh.

Minwoo: Well uhm, someone took a video of you and Nami’s performance and posted it online.

Minhee: Okay. So?

Minwoo: … Uhm… I overheard the meeting the other day when I was in the starship building. They said they want to sign you and Nami.

Minhee: What?!

I stared at him wide eyed and started coughing.

Minwoo: That’s what I heard. But I’m not sure. Maybe they are considering.

I let out a sigh of relief.

Minhee: Although I love to sing and dance, I’m not ready for this.

 

I sat down at the table with the usual crowd. Surprisingly, the girls are already there and the boys went to buy some food.

Nami: So, explain.

Minhee: Huh? What?

Nami: You know. The holding hands thing?

Eunmi and Miyung nodded and stared at me, demanding an answer.

Minhee: There’s nothing between us! Really!

Nami: Alright… I’ll let you go. For now.

She stared at me suspiciously and mouthed ‘I will find out’ to me as the boys came back with the food.

 

The rest of the day was torturous. Everyone was asking the same questions. Why were you two holding hands? Are you to dating? Stay away from Minwoo oppa. Finally, the last lesson ended. I picked up my bag and quickly walked towards the exit of the class room when Nami suddenly jumped out and blocked my path with open arms.

Miyung: You’re not going anywhere! You’re coming with us!

With that, she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the school. We headed to a cáfe nearby.

Eunmi: This is our favourite café. The food here is de-li-cious!

Nami: Now, order and tell us everything. Everything!

Nami placed the menu right in front of me and stared at me.

After our drinks came, I started to explain what happened.

Miyung: Oh, so that’s what happened. Cute.

Eunmi: Just get together already.

Minhee: What?! No! No! We only know each other for a few months!

Eunmi: Relax. I was just kidding.

Nami: Okay. Now that we have our answer, let’s go. And by the way, your face was super red when you were talking about Minwoo.

I touched my cheeks.  They were pretty warm. Why? Why am I blushing?