Once again

You Are My Dream

A few weeks past. My popularity shot up quite a lot. Probably because I beat Suri and performed at the festival. Boys started asking me out. I mean, when you are popular, boys will ask you out. I rejected all of them. Why? I don’t have any feelings for them. Most importantly, I fell in love. As cheesy as it sounds, I had fallen in love with No Minwoo. Yes, that cute neighbour that randomly popped up and help with the boxes when I just moved in.  That  cute neighbour that held my waist when I tripped and fell. That cute neighbour that became my best friend. That cute neighbour that I didn’t expect to fall for.

 

Does he feel the same way? If I confessed, will he reject me? I shook those silly thoughts out of my head, got dressed and went down for breakfast. Minhae wasn’t at the dining table. I looked around as I walked towards it.

Minhee: Mom, where’s Minhae?

Mom: Oh, she left early because she had some project that she needed to do.  I nodded and sighed. Thanks for ditching me again, Minhae. It’s going to be awkward walking to school with Minwoo alone.

I finished my breakfast and headed out. As usual, Minwoo was waiting at my porch for me.

Minwoo: Oh, you’re ready. Let’s go.

He flashed me one of his killer smiles. My heart started thumping against my ribs. Calm down Yong Minhee. It’s just one of his perfect, killer smiles… wait… What am I thinking? I tried to be as normal as I could. The atmosphere was so awkward and I couldn’t even start a conversation. Finally, his voice broke the awkward silence between us.

Minwoo: Why aren’t you talking?

He chuckled.

Minwoo: You always have a lot of things to say. What’s wrong? Are you ill?

His face suddenly turned serious and soon, a worried expression took over. He raised his hand and felt my forehead. My heart started thumping again. My face reddened. I quickly looked down to hide the blush creeping onto my face.

Minwoo: Yah! Don’t look away!

He tilted my head up and felt my forehead again.

Minwoo: It doesn’t seem like you have a fever… Why is your face so red?

He tilted his head and looked at me. I started stuttering.

Minhee: Uh i-i…uh, look at the time! Let’s go!

I dashed off.

Minwoo: Hey! Wait for me!

He chased after me. Once he caught up with me, he reached out for my hand and held it, tight. He swung our arms casually. My was reddened again.

Minhee: Aren’t you afraid that people might get the wrong idea? We’re almost reaching school.

Minwoo: Then so be it. Guys will be jealous of me.

He winked at me and I blinked at him as a response. He smiled.

Minwoo: I don’t mind.

You… don’t mind? Does it mean that… I looked to the ground and bit my bottom lip. Stop it, Minhee. Stop it. Once again, we walked into class holding hands.