Breaking Down

You Are My Dream

"Hey! Kwangmin!" Donghyun motioned to Kwangmin who was walking out of the rest room. “Does Minwoo have a girlfriend?” He swung an arm around Kwangmin’s shoulders. Kwangmin nodded. The older guy looked up, eyes wide open.

 “Really? Minhee?  “ “Yeah…” Kwangmin answered, looked down and bit his lip. “ Oh that little brat is so dead. Didn’t even tell his hyung about it.” Donghyun frowned. “Come on. Let’s get to practice.”

Kwangmin nodded and dragged his feet on the ground, Donghyun’s arm still around his shoulder. Yeah. His girlfriend.


 

“ You got a girlfriend and you didn’t tell us?” Donghyun yelled once they stepped into the practice room. He head locked Minwoo playfully.

“Yah! Hyung!” Minwoo struggled to get out of Donghyun’s grip while Kwangmin just stood there, watching.

“Answer me you little brat!” “Yes yes! Sorry for not telling you, hyung!” Donghyun finally released Minwoo.

“Really?” Hyunseong came running towards them. “Yup! And she’s really pretty…” Jeomgmin smiled dreamily. Minwoo shot him a glare. “Woah. Sorry.” Jeongmin raised his hands.

“She’s studying in the same school. She and her friend, Nami are the ones who are going to debut in the new girl group.” Youngmin said as he tied his shoelaces.

“Really?” Jeongmin exclaimed. “That means I’ll get to see her more often!” Minwoo shot him another glare. “I-I mean i- uh get to see her friend, Nami more often.”

“She’s my girlfriend.” Minwoo stared and Jeongmin and said, loud enough for Kwangmin who was sitting beside the stereo to hear. Kwangmin sighed. And then he stood up. Turned the stereo on, loud and started dancing.

Youngmin jumped at the sudden burst of loud music. “Man, what are you doing?” Jeongmin looked at Kwangmin dancing vigorously in front of the mirrors.


 

He was dancing not because he wanted to perfect his moves or anything like that. But instead, he was doing it to distract himself. To distract himself from the pain and his problems. To take a little break and escape from the real world. To distract himself so that he would not break down. He has been holding it in for far too long. Far too long.

 

Donghyun grabbed hold of his arms. “Stop it, Kwangmin! You’ll injure yourself.” “Let me go.” Kwangmin mumbled. “Stop it!” Kwangmin just hung there in his arms like a puppet. He could not even support himself.

Once Donghyun let go, he fell to the ground. He did not even notice that tears were already forming when he started dancing. By now, they trickled down his cheeks, along his jawline and they hit the floor.

“Kwangmin…” Jeongmin whispered. Everyone just stood still. They were afraid. It was breaking all of their hearts to see a friend, or rather, a brother breaking down and they do not know the reason why.

“I’m sorry. Please excuse me.” He swiped away his tears. He stood up, lowered his head and exited the room.