First Day

Forced [Incomplete]

(EDITED)

*Geubi dalla tae dalla tae tae taega dolla I like it I like it* my alarm buzzed at 5am.

 

“Wake up Misty-ah! First day at your new school!” My dad knocked. I groaned and rolled over, I didn’t mind starting school but waking up at 5am would be tough.

 

“Yah, I’m up.” I groaned, stretching and standing up. I grabbed  my navy blue and white striped shirt and skinny jeans.  “Appa, are the towels unpacked yet?!”

 

“Ne.” he peeked out from the kitchen. “They’re in linen closet in the bathroom.” Linen closet in the bathroom? Sweet, our last house barely even had a bathroom at all.

 

“Thanks.” I ran off to the bathroom and started the shower. I rushed since I didn’t want to be late and needed to allow myself plenty of time to find the school. Maybe we live near a bus stop. Since the streets are busy I can’t just go around popping up anywhere. Besides it always leaves me a bit nauseous to teleport. Stepping out I quickly dried my hair and shimmied in to my clothes. I stood in front of the mirror and studied myself. My hair was actually being nice today, I had it dyed brown to match my skin and it flowed past my shoulders. I always tried to style it but no matter what it was always wavy. Some girls bothered with bows and clips but I really just liked my hair natural and thick. Other than my hair, I looked like my mother, full lips, cat eyes and cute nose. If it wasn’t for my appa and Hoya I’d think I was ugly. Speaking off Hoya, I grabbed my phone from my pocket.

 

|No Messages|

 

Hmmm he must just be busy.

 

“You’re going to be late.” Dad yelled.

 

“Ne!” I ran out and grabbed my bag from my room and headed for the door.

 

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Appa said quickly as he stuffed his lunch in to a smaller cooler bag.

 

“Appa...” I whined. I ran back to the kitchen and kissed his cheek before he grabbed me and hugged me.

 

“I’ll be late getting home. If you meet anyone at school you can have them over for dinner, okay? There are plenty of frozen pizzas in the fridge and you can even get take out.” He smiled.

 

“Thanks Appa. Love you and have a good day!” Part of me was broken that Appa was going to be late. He was home late everyday usually and sometimes it made me sad. I smiled anyway though and walked away out the door and in to the bright morning. I walked to the end of our yard and looked at the street both ways. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a bus stop near by. I pulled my phone out again and looked at the map I loaded, it told me to turn left down the sidewalk so I did. I walked about 30 feet and the map went completely haywire.

 

“Yaaahhhhh, please not now.!” I shook my phone annoyingly and kept walking, trying to get it to work. The map was froze on my screen and refused to load anymore as it lit up Ll white before the app crashed.

 

“Uh…” I heard a smooth voice and looked up just in time to walk straight in to the neighbor guy’s chest. Of course this is probably going to be a usual thing now, just walking in to strangers.

 

“Sorry, we have to quit meeting like this.” I giggled. “Morning neighbor!” I smiled. He just stared awkwardly and I noticed he was in school uniform.

 

“D-do you need help, like are you lost?” He mumbled. He squinted a bit to block the morning sun and he looked more intimidating than he probably but meant to.

 

“Yes.. I had a map loaded on my phone but now it won’t work. I’m trying to find Seoul Academy.” I groaned as I tried to load the app just for it to crash again.

 

“Oh, well I go there so you can just follow me I guess. Its about two miles away.” he nodded as he started walking in the direction out of this neighborhood.

 

“Two miles? Don’t you have a bike or something?” I asked as we walked off down the sidewalk. Sure two miles is nothing when you can port but I can’t just tell him to grab on to my arm and swing away.  

 

“No.” He shrugged his shoulder, completely unphased by two miles ahead.

 

“So you always walk to school?” This kid is weird, sure he’s cute but he seems as approachable as a rock.

 

“Yea.” he grimaced, his tone seeming a bit annoyed.

 

“Oh, I suppose its good exercise.” we walked side by side and I kept checking my phone.  We had 7 minutes to get to school and weren’t even nearly close.  The silence was almost deafening in an odd way. I listened closely to the way he breathed, how he cleared his throat and how his bag hit his back as we walked. He clearly was a quiet person.

 

“So what year are you?” I tried to make small talk.

 

“Senior.”

 

“Oh cool, I think I’m a senior, at least I hope.” Some weeks I forgot to do my schoolwork but then on slow weeks I’d do lesson after lesson in a row.

 

“You hope?” He looked at me confused.

 

“Mhmm” I nodded. “I was home schooled, I don’t know if I’m beyond the average senior or below, I should be a senior, I’m pretty smart. Although it is hard for me to concentrate sometimes, I just have a smaller attention span than most people. My Appa says I could watch leaves blow and be fully entertained. You know?” the awkward moment was making my worst habit come out, rambling.

 

“Uh yea. Trees are cool.” he just nodded slowly and kept walking.

 

Trees are cool?

 

“Yea, totally.” I bit my lip and sped up as he started making longer paces. He suddenly stopped and grabbed my wrist. I stepped back a bit from habit, completely not used to people just grabbing me.

 

“You- you have something on your face.” he looked at me weirdly.

 

“What?” I looked at him puzzled. Something on my face? I hope he knows I have features like eyes, nose, lips, ears, cheek but just face…?



 

“Close your eyes I’ll get it.” he snapped. I looked at him a second longer before he brought his finger up to my cheek, swiping something off. My eyes shut on instinct and I felt his warm fingers rub something on my face. A simple gesture actually took the breath from me.I grabbed him by his arms and clasped my fingers tight. My feet finally felt the ground again and I tripped as my feet were no longer on cracked sidewalk but smooth concrete pavement. My lungs squeezed oddly as I started coughing, like the wind was taken from my lungs.

“Are you okay?” He awkwardly pat my back.

 

“Yea, I’m fine just lost my footing.” I straightened my hair and quickly let go of his arm that I had such a death grip on.

 

“Oh, well the school is right there.” He straightened his book bag up and took a few steps away from me.

 

“What? How?” my coughing fit seized and I looked up. Sure enough, we were about twenty feet from the front door behind some garbage dump.  “We were only walking about 4 minutes.” I looked at my phone and 5 minutes hadn’t even gone by.

 

“Hmm.” he mused and kept walking. “Your phone must be having a hard time working with all these clouds out today.” What? There are only two clouds in the sky? “Anyways, later.”

 

“See you later neighbor boy.” I mumbled as I shook my head. I walked to the double glass doors and followed some signs leading me to the main office. The small room was stuffy but teachers were constantly walking in and out as I waited my turn to talk to the assistant at the desk.

 

“Annyeong. I am transfer student Choi Misty.” I bowed.

 

“Arasso. Welcome to Seoul Academy. I have your uniform and schedule over here.” The small assistant grabbed a folded uniform from under a desk with a piece of paper on top. “You can change in the bathroom.”  I bowed politely and walked back out. For a big city all about politeness no one seemed to be friendly so far.

 Regardless of manners I scuffled to the nearest bathroom and quickly grabbed a free stall. Some of the girls glanced at me but no one really seemed to notice I was there. I changed quickly and grimaced. The shirt was too tight and the skirt was a bit too small and kept riding up. I’ll be pulling it down all day, I’ll have take the hem out tonight when I get home. Not to mention buy leggings for this cold weather. “It’s the middle of winter and I have to wear this mini thing.” I pouted.

 

“You get used to it.” someone spoke. I froze in the stall and peeked cautiously through the crack.

 

“S-sorry, I don’t usually talk to myself.” I awkwardly opened the stall. I finished buttoning my shirt up and stepped out slowly. A girl with cute yellow-blonde hair and a white smile stood against the sink fixing her hair. “ I thought I was alone, I just didn’t hear anyone.” My cheeks were probably tinged red from embarrassment.

 

“Relax, I’m no Queenka.” she smiled. A Queenka? What the hell is a Queenka?

 

“A what?” I tilted my head like a confused puppy. Being home schooled I must have missed out on a lot of lingo.

 

“A Queenka, the prettiest girl in school. Most transfer girls fear them because they know they’re pretty and are rude, pretty vicious too.” she stood up straight and bowed to me. “Hi, I’m Luna, resident drama club president..”

 

“Ah. I’m Misty.” I smiled. “Resident home schooled kid.” Luna was pretty adorable with her small features and big eyes. Her friendly personality was pretty comforting too.

“Cute smile, I take it this is your first day?”

 

“Is it that obvious?” I laughed softly as I turned around and stuffed my clothes in my bag. Hopefully I won’t have too many books to take home.

 

“Not that bad, I’ve just been here long enough to know a new face. Where are your classes?” she grabbed my schedule and grinned a bit. Her face lit up more, if that was even possible.

 

“What is it?” I inquired. She started to even jump a bit from excitement.

 

“Well we have the first class together then you have a class with my friend Baekhyun. We can even have lunch together after that. Well if you want to, I don’t know if you have other friends here...” She looked up waiting for a response. Finally, someone nice.

 

“Sounds great!” I jumped. “Thanks for helping me, no one here has been that welcoming, not even my neighbor who is a senior here apparently.”

 

“Oh? What’s his name?” We walked out together in to the busy halls, sliding past smaller freshman and down to the upper classmen halls.

 

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders as I slid between people. “He’s really quiet and reserved, always answers with one word and then he’s completely awkward.” I laughed. “It’s not much to go by.”

 

“Only sounds like one person I know but I can’t be too sure.” We walked down a hall and stopped at her locker. “You can put your clothes in here if you want.”

 

“You sure?” I smiled, thankful to put my clothes somewhere, being unsure how many books I’d have to take home.

 

“Yea, anything for a new friend.” she smiled. I feel like Luna and I could really be best friends.

 

“Thank you so much!” I ped my bag and stuffed my clothes in her locker. As I went to grab my shirt out someone bumped me and it fell on floor. I looked up to see a girl with her face twisted in a disgusting manner.

 

“Please get your cheap shirt off…my….shoe!” she kicked my shirt to the side.

 

“Ah…” I stared blankly at her over reaction. Besides who cares if that shirt really was cheap, its comfy as hell and warm. “Okay?” I mumbled and knelt down to grab it.

 

“Who are you?” she groaned. I noticed the two other girls flanking her sides. They had small features and were really petite but the sour expressions are their face made them look really angry. These must be the Queenka’s Luna warned about. No way I’m a few pretty faces boss me around. I know I’m pretty too and it never gave me a feeling of self entitlement.

 

“My name isn’t any of your business.” I rolled my eyes as I stuffed my shirt in to Luna’s locker.

 

“How cute.” she rolled her eyes. “Let’s go girls, nothing to see here but a newbie and a bottle blonde disaster.” her minions nodded and followed behind her.

 

“Sorry about her.” Luna grimaced. She seemed slightly embarrassed that she was called a bottle blonde disaster but she recovered as she smiled cutely.

 

“Why?” My giggle was to reassure Luna that I didn't think she was a disaster. “She’s obviously the one with the chopsticks up her .” I scoffed.

 

“Damn.” I heard a laugh beside me. “She’s funny, Luna.” a tall boy smiled. His eye smile was adorable and made me miss Hoya even more. I wonder if cell phones are allowed here.

 

“Sehun-ah, this is Misty. She was home schooled.” Luna stood beside me. Sehun and I bowed politely and smiled.

 

“Is she my noona?” He grinned as his eyebrows wiggled.

 

“Um, I don’t know. What year are you in?” Luna poked me.

 

“I don’t know either.” Iooked down at my schedule. “I guess whatever grade you and Baekhyun are in since I’m in your classes.”

 

“Oh, you’re a senior.”  he cheered. “You are my noona, I’m a Junior.” A pretty damn tall one too.

 

“Ah, really?” I smiled happily, glad I was in my right grade. The smile faded though as I heard the schools bell ring.


 

“We better go, later Sehun-ah” Luna waved. I turned around and bowed goodbye before skipping to catch up with Luna. My first class should be easy, I decided to take math early and get it over with. I was really good at math, it was one of those things that no matter what, the outcome is the same, unlike other subjects.

 

I was right as class went by fast. The teacher didn’t make me introduce myself and everything they were doing, I already knew so the lesson was fairly easy. By the time the next bell rang I had been sitting for ten minutes, having already finished the assignment and my homework.

 

“Whoa, you finished all that?” Luna was surprised as she met me at my desk and I was already packing up.

 

“Yea, math is my favorite subject.” I stuffed my new book in my bag and stood up as everyone filed out. “Ummm, where is the English lab 1202?” I looked at my paper.

 

“Easy, its about 6 rooms down, we’ll see Baekhyun in the hall though and he’ll go with you.” Luna grabbed my elbow and pulled me happily in to the hall. I was a bit nervous, sure Luna was friendly butshe had talked about Baekhyun a few times and even Sehun knew him. So far the guys here have been…odd?  I guess Hoya has nothing to worry about. Luna and I walked out in to the mass of people.. I noticed she was really friendly to everyone else. She waved at people, smiled, and nodded as teachers went by. I was distracted with all the new students, I don’t think I had ever been in a crowd like this.

 

“Hey, come on. Here’s Baekhyun .” Luna called. I had fallen behind with everyone pushing past me and shoving. I’ll have more bruises when I get home and my skirt kept riding up.

 

“What’s up Luna?” A cute boy called. He looked handsome back from where I stood.

 

“Yo’ Baekhyun, you have English 1202 next right?” Luna hugged him then did a intricate hand shake.

 

“Yea.” He smiled, he was adorable! His teeth were beautiful and his eyes sparkled beautifully. He looked like a true angel I expected to greet me after death. “You must be Misty, the new girl.” he grinned then bowed.

 

“Wow, news spreads fast here.” I bowed. “Nice to meet you Baekhyun, please take care of me.”

 

“Whoa, little formal.” He laughed as he turned and walked with Luna and I.

 

“Hey, she was home schooled.” Luna excused for me. “I’m sure she’s used to having to be really polite.”

 

“I see. Sehun told me you were funny, I’ll make you sit next to me in English so I won’t get bored of Mr.Cho’s speeches.” he grinned. Before I had time to tell Luna bye Baekhyun grabbed my elbow and linked our arms, walking me to class. The class was actually small, only about 15 of us and everyone seemed to be close knit. It was a mixed class too, filled with juniors and seniors. Baekhyun introduced me to his friends first though. Krystal and Jaekyu were both seniors with Baekhyun and I. There was Suho too but he was just the teachers assistant.

 

“You may not know it yet but the professor, he’s a bit loopy?” Suho informed. “He’s at least 98 and can’t even see 4 feet away, expect an easy A but a lot of homework.” Suho was really nice and seemed to enjoy being one of the kids with us.

 

“I’m sure with her skirt she’ll get an A even easier.” Jaekyu winked. He seemed really creepy. He had been eyeing my thighs since I walked in with Baekhyun, perking up like I he smelt a dog in heat.

 

“Pabo, get your head out of the clouds.” Suho smacked his head. I was thankful but I wish he would have hit him with a steel bar instead.

 

“Aish. So Misty, do you have a boyfriend?” Krystal asked sweetly. She was really pretty and said she and Luna are good friends too. She felt a bit more girly than Luna though, more of someone who lived for romance.

 

“Ah yea, back on the island. He‘ll visit me soon.” I chirped. “We’ve been together two years now.” I blushed having to talk about my personal life.

 

“Awww how cute” She cooed. She vibrated in her seat, sharing that excitement trait with Luna.

 

“Do you really think you guys will last, think of the distance. C’mon 7 hours? When he leaves you, I’ll be here waiting.” Jaekyu winked again and opened his arms like he was waiting for a hug,  his smile wide and his cheeks pushing his eyes up in to a creepy eye smile.

 

“Please.” I rolled my eyes. “Do you have a problems with your eyes or do they always twitch creepily?” I scoffed. I wouldn’t find him interesting, even if I didn’t have Hoya. I mean really,how rude of him? Hoya and I won’t break up. We’ve been together two years.

 

“Oh damn!” Baekhyun cracked up which made the others laugh. Jaekyu ’s ears turned slightly red and he laughed too, not to be left out even if he was the punchline.

 

“Sit down in your seats, this isn’t SNL!” an old man scuffled in the room. I guess class was starting. I got to share a book with Krystal for the class until the teacher could find a spare although I’m sure he’ll forget to. Everything was easy for the most part. We mostly talked about tragic love stories like Romeo and Juliet and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Krystal answered most the questions and Baekhyun too. It’s not that I didn’t know the answers but I really hated the subject. Tragic love stories are more like pathetic love stories. Love isn’t for the weak, it’s for the strong and the weaker you are the easier you fall to mishaps in love. Thank god the bell rang as I was about to go brain dead.

 

“Sweet!” Jaekyu slammed his book shut and jumped up. “Misty, let’s go get lunch together.” He walked to me and tried to wrap his arm around me but I quickly ducked and walked aside fast.

 

“Uhm….” I bit my lip trying to think of an excuse.

 

“She can’t. She’s eating lunch with Luna and I.” Krystal jumped in. “We are saving her a special spot between us both.”

 

“Yea.” I nodded enthusiastically. Not even trying to look sorry.

 

“I see, I’ll catch up with you later then.” he grinned and walked out. The air in the room finally felt cleaner.

 

“Is he always so…um..” I bit my lip, trying to think of the right wording, I knew he was their friend.

“A jerk?” Krystal offered. She nodded slightly and smiled.

 

“Yes.” I giggled as we walked out the back door, in to the fresh air and green grass. “I mean I can hold my own against creeps but he seems a bit too forward.” I looked down as we stepped on to the grass.

 

“Well, he’s not usually that bad, I guess the new girl excites him. I don’t think there are many girls who haven’t messed around with him so he’s probably ready for fresh meat.” She looked down.

 

“Gross, I can’t believe girls fall for that, it just looks bad on their part.” I spoke too soon as I saw Krystal blush and nod her head.

 

“Yea totally” she mumbled.  I rubbed the back of my neck and blushed in embarrassment as she pursed her lips.

 

“Omo, Krystal-ssi I’m sorry. I didn’t mean you.” I winced.

 

“No it’s fine, it was a long time ago and nothing major happened. I just felt played is all.” she sighed.

 

“Aw, I’m sorry. Thank goodness it didn’t go far!” I lightened. Krystal just smiled wide and nodded.

 

“Hey guys!” Sehun called as he ran over to us. He was drenched with sweat and wearing a soccer uniform. I guess the ball of energy has to have some kind of hobby to drain him of all that energy.

 

“Gross, go bathe.” Krystal curled her nose up and squealed as Sehun lunged for her.

 

“Noona let me hug you!” he had her gripped tight and was spinning her around. She screeched before Sehun finally put her down. “Want a hug to Misty-ssi?!” Sehun smiled as he approached me. I just knew he’d spin me around and my skirt would fly up.

 

“No way! I know how to kick you and knock you down for three hours.” I warned. A lie of course but he won’t know. I straightened my brows and looked him in the eyes. I had the most serious face I’ve ever pulled. If he didn’t believe it I’d be sweaty and stinky.

 

“Okay okay!” he held his hands up, surrendering.

 

“You should teach me.” Krystal pouted. She and Sehun rambled on about how his soccer match went before I got lost looking at someone. There was my neighbor. He was alone under a tree eating a banana and reading a book. It was now that I noticed how cute he really was. He had pouty lips like a fish and gorgeous clear caramel skin. He looked like an Arabian prince in the shade.

 

“Misty?” Krystal waved her hand in front of my face.

 

“Oh sorry.” I chuckled nervously and subtly pointed my head to my neighbor. “Who is that guy under the tree reading?”

“Ah, that’s the dictator.” Sehun said, smiling accomplished.

 

“The dictator?” I looked at Sehun confused, not quite getting the joke as he chuckled.

 

“Ignore him.” Krystal smacked Sehun’s chest. “That’s Kim Jongin. Some low lifes call him the dictator cause he never smiles and his name is so similar to Kim Jong Il.”

 

“I see. Doesn’t he have friends or anything?” They both looked at me like I was crazy. A clear no was read on their faces.

 

“No not really. He used to hang with a guy here named Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo hyung graduated last year. Jongin is awkward and super smart but he has no social skills in public too much.” Sehun added. “Why, are you going to go be his friend?” he teased.

 

“I just may. I’ll be right back.” I walked off leaving them both gawking. Jongin never even looked up from his book even as I sat down beside him. Something was off about this kid. I don’t know if he’s a serial killer or an extreme introvert or what. The only way to find out is to give him a chance. The worst that can happen is he’ll sacrifice me over a goat symbol as a shinigami floats from the depths of a hell mouth? Probably not likely but here goes nothing. “Hey Jongin.” I sat down beside him and nudged his shoulder with mine.

 

“Hello.” he mumbled, not even bothering to look up from his book. MAybe it’s a really good book and he’s too distracted to talk, sometimes I even get that way with a good book.

 

“What are you reading?” I leaned my head down, my long hair tickling my legs as I tried to catch his eyes.

 

“A book.” he seemed super entranced by it or really did not give a crap that I was beside him.

 

“Classic joke... I can see it’s a book, but what book?” I slightly giggles. He is going to make this difficult.

 

“A Great and Terrible Beauty.” He sighed, definitely sounding annoyed. I’m sure he thinks I have no idea about books and that I’m in over my head talking to him about books. I guess he’s about to be surprised.

 

“Oh! That’s one of my favorites. I love how no matter how much you expect Kartrik to let his walls down for Gemma, he never does and just takes off, it’s so frustrating. Also its nice when Pippa passes and she goes back to the realms and how she’s still there. I’d like to think the afterlife looks like the realms and everyone you loved is waiting.” I sighed. Jongin was quiet and I looked over to see him staring at me, mouth open. “What...something on my face again?” I innocently touched my fingers to my cheek.

 

“You have read this?” He looked at me like he was slightly shocked but quickly let it pass off as a simple question.

 

“Of course, Libba Bray is the best fantasy author out there. I’ve even read the next two, but don’t worry,I won’t spoil it.” I smiled as Jongin’s eyes bulged a bit as he looked at me before he nodded.

 

“Thanks I guess“ He turned back to the book. “You’re right though.”

 

“About what?” I looked at him. He looked back up and shifted towards me a bit, looking straight in my eyes.

 

“I do like to think the afterlife is like the realms. Even with the untouchables, they’re like the people you are too afraid to stand up for in the present life.”

“Ahh, I love the untouchables, I think Asha could really help Gemma, but like you said, she’s too afraid to stand up for Asha.”

 

“Yea, if Gemma would open up to her though.” He snorted as he set his book down to inally look at me and talk, that was all I wanted.

 

“You’re one to talk.” I giggled as I stood up. “I’ll see you later Jongin-ah.”

 

“Jongin-ah?” he looked offended.

 

“Well, we’re neighbors, you’ve touched my underwear and we’re going to be friends eventually. So yea, Jongin-ah.” I walked away with a large grin on my face, just knowing he was blushing.

 

   I walked back over to Krystal and Sehun at a picnic table. Luna was there now and was full in to a story about some kid who spilt a chemical on himself in class.

 

“So we’re all standing there speechless and this kid is freaking out, like shaking and trying to run out and then from no where the teacher shoves him in the emergency shower and completely douses him. Soaked to the bone, it was hilarious.” Everyone laughed at the table.

 

“Misty-ah, did you have a nice talk with the Dictator?” Sehun asked. Grinning at himself at his dumb joke.

 

“Yah, he’s my neighbor.” I groaned. I pulled my lunch out and took a big bite of my sandwich. I looked up and everyone was staring at me. I chewed my food quickly to clear my throat. “What?”

 

“You live beside Kim Jongin?” Krystal asked, her jaw dropped back again.

 

“Yes?...” I nodded slowly and looked around at everyone’s shocked expressions. “Is that bad or something?”

 

“Wow, your house must be huge!” Sehun lit up as he shook my shoulder enthusiastically.

 

“Yea, I guess. We just moved in yesterday. I’ve lived in a small house on Wando so any house here is big to me.” I took another bite and chewed. “My dad and I moved here to be closer to his company.”

 

“He owns a company?” Luna stopped chewing her food.

 

“Mhmm. Wando Windmills, a windmill company that converts wind to energy. It came in handy on the island then some other company joined and we expanded further in to South Korea.” I explained. The company offered to by my father out and move him to Seoul to look over a large manufacturing windmill place. This secured that the windmills were built as he wanted and it also would give him more free time.

 

“That’s pretty dumb. Why didn’t he just make one of the electrical power houses.” JaeKyu snuck up behind me and sat down, squishing in to my side.

 

“, where do you think energy comes from?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he scooted over to give us all more room.

 

“He probably think it comes from Pikachu being hooked up to a wire.” Luna picked at him as everyone giggled.

 

“Yah, I’m not dumb. I know it comes from heat being converted.” He grabbed a handful of Krystal’s chips and stuffed them in his mouth.

 

“There’s also solar power, wind power, water power and my favorite geothermal heat.” Geothermal heat was my favorite because its pretty much what I made it easier to teleport. The more geothermal heat in an area the better and faster I could port, like drew my energy from the earth.

 

“I like a smart girl.” Jaekyu smiled at me as he nudged my side. “By the way. Since you never got a book in English class I should lend you my book for this weekends home work.”

 

“Uhm…thanks.” I smiled awkwardly. “I was just going to find one online and buy it, no worry. The bell saved me again and drilled loudly, filling the outside court.

 

“Misty-ssi, I can take you to your next class then, yea?” Jaekyu asked, puffing his cheeks out a bit, aegyo really? I wonder how often that really works out for him. To be honest though, I did need to know where my next class was.

 

“Sure. I have Chemistry 1203” I bit my lip and walked silently with him. Being around him brought my guard up more so I kept trying to pull my skirt down. I will add ugly yellow lace to this skirt just to make it longer.

 

“So, I have a lab partner already but for you, I will push her aside.” He chuckled as he tried to put his arm around my waist. What a pig

 

“How kind of you but I‘ll be fine. Besides I’m sure the teacher will put me somewhere.” I rolled my eyes, he didn’t even see. He kept getting closer and closer to my side but I kept walking behind a bit or scooting over. We finally reached the class and my shoulder hurt from bumping in to everyone and I was highly annoyed. Hoya would kick his face in if he Jaekyu trying to touch me like this.

 

 The class was a bit crowded. Everyone was already sitting in pairs and talking. Jaekyu dragged me to an empty seat beside a girl powdering her nose.

 

“Raina, get up.” He said to the girl and I gawked at rude he was before the girl turned around., it was that rude girl from the hall. I really don’t want a confrontation with her or her material friends.

 

“No, no I’m fine really I’ll just go sit somewhere else.” I went to walk away but he grabbed my arm hard and yanked me back, making me hit my hip on a desk.

 

“Who the hell…” Rania put her powder away and snapped it angrily to close it before looking at me. “You think you can just come in this school and have your way, sit wherever you want and with whoever? How stupid.” she shook her head. “I’m not getting up for one of your playthings Jaekyu, not for such a cheap .”

 

“Excuse me?!” I growled. I felt my anger boil at this girl who I barely even knew.The cells in my body vibrated angrily, signaling I was about to port away or slam her head in to the desk. Neither would be a good idea so I chose to calm down and find a way out.

 

“What?” she smacked her gum like she had no clue, no idea how much of a little brat she was being. I looked around for an empty seat, If anything I’ll sit by myself. Everyone was staring at the scene, except one person who was writing notes down. Neighbor boy. Bingo, there is my ticket out.

 

“Excuse me Jaekyu. You have fun with the brat. I’m going to sit with someone who is actually a value to society.” I smiled and walked away. There were little whispers of ‘oh my god’ and ‘wow’ as I walked by. Sure I was slightly embarrassed and didn’t plan on making enemies today but who the hell does she think she is? One bad person shouldn’t ruin my day since I’ve met so many cool people but I’ve had it with Jaekyu harassing me and she was just the cherry on top. The big cherry I wanted to kick all the way to Russia.

 

“Well that was mildly embarassing.” I scooted down beside him and looked down at the lab table, avoiding the eyes of people. “I hope no one sits with you.” I sighed.

 

“Nope.” he answered coldly, his voice barely audible. That girl really got me in a bad mood because now everything is just bothering me. Especially Jongin and his little answers, maybe he’s having a bad day.

 

“Are you okay Jongin-ah?” I looked at him, studying the side of his face as he refused to look at me.

 

“I’m fine.” He barely opened his lips as he answered me then clenched his jaws shut.

 

“Good to know.” I snapped as I took out my notebook and slammed it down. More people glanced back but quickly looked ahead when I eyed them, too annoyed to avoid them anymore.

 

“Are you okay?” He dropped his pen and looked at me. “Look, I know you want to be friends or whatever and I don’t even know what that means but anyway no deal.”

 

“No deal?” I looked at him like he was an idiot.

 

“I don’t want to be friends. I don’t even know you, what do you even care?” he scoffed.

 

“Wow, just wow.” I whispered and rolled my eyes. What perfect timing to bring something up that isn’t even relevant when I’m already fuming mad.  “Do you just think you’re too good to be friends with me or are you always this to everyone? No wonder they call you The Dictator.” I pursed my lips and scooted over to the edge of the lab table. There was no where else to sit but I’ll be damned if it meant I’ll sit directly next to him.

 

 The rest of the day flew by. Jongin and I were silent the entire time, doing work on our own even when the teacher said to use our lab partner to study cheek swabs. Jaekyu insisted on taking me to the rest of my classes and then demanded to walk me home. I couldn’t turn him down cause he seemed to have memorized my schedule and conveniently had every class with me. I would often catch him staring at my thighs or any other part of my body. I was completely rattled when the last bell rang and Jaekyu had walked me all the way out the doors and down the town street.

 

“Look Jaekyu-ssi, its nice of you to offer but I know the way.” That’s a lie. I’m just tired of him trying to put his arm around my waist and I sure as hell don’t him to know where I live.

 

“Nonsense, what if something happens, who will defend you?!” He argued. No one was here to save me and make an excuse to leave him, I don’t even know where a bus stop is. I really just wanted to teleport home, I can land straight in my room. The hairs on my arms were tingling so I knew there was plenty of energy too.  With him around though I can’t. I need to think of something and fast. I looked around for anyone I met today to save me. There was no one anywhere and I was feeling hopeless until I saw familiar dusty black hair, shining in the sun.

“Jongin is going the same way with me so I am going to walk with him.” I smiled and bowed, snatching my hand from his grasp and walked away fast. No way I was going to walk with Jongin but if I had to lie to Jaekyu I’m okay with that. “Later Jaekyu.” as I ran off I actually passed neighbor boy. He was listening to his ipod and staring down, headed for the dumpster. What is he doing? I was actually going to use that as a spot to port home. Whatever.

 

 I walked about 10 yards before I found a café that we definitely did not pass on the way here. I went in and bought a small bubble tea then headed for the bathroom. My hairs were still tingly so I figured this was a good enough spot for today. Still I had to walk that far. I concentrated as the air flew past me. I thought of my room and my warm soft bed. The soft flop of covers below me was comforting after this long day. I landed safely on my bed. I can’t wait till I get my new mattress though, it will be a much softer landing. I hopped off and went straight for the home office. My dad turned our old spare room on the island in to an office for both of us. Eventually his work stuff took it over but in this house there was enough for both of us to share. I set my new books on the desk and looked around for the table lamp. It was under the window. I reached for it and as I did I saw movement next door through their window.

 

“What the…” I whispered under my breath. Jongin was in his room, listening to his ipod as he changed out of his uniform. I ducked fast, hoping he didn’t see me. There is no way he could be home by now, even if it took him 20 minutes to walk two miles I’d have had a major head start on him. “What did he do, lie and bring a jet pack?” Even then I’d have beat him home.

 

Something is not right and I will find out what it is.



 

AN: YAY LONG UPDATE. Expect the next one within the the next 3-4 days.


(EDITED) good gosh this update was 6k words LOL it was fun to edit but it took nearly 3 hours.