I got the Power

Forced [Incomplete]

(EDITED)
 

It had been about an hour and thirty minutes since Jongin left. I was freshly showered and refreshed. I tossed on a black and red striped sweater and black jeans before sliding my boots on. Its going to be cold tonight so I grabbed my fur jacket. I had been thinking about Jongin during my entire shower, better not let that slip up in front of Luhan, and what to tell him. Where do I even start?

 

Should I tell him the truth or skip over details? I have no problem explaining the Hoya thing but what about Jaekyu. We go to school with him, not like I can leave him on an island? Or can I?! Nah, that means I’d have to touch him.  

Stepping out on my porch I locked the door behind me. I walked sheepishly to Kai’s house and knocked on the door. I stepped back and waiting for a few seconds before I heard a car pull up beside the house.

 

“Hey Misty-ah!” Hyorin waved as she stepped out of a car. She was wearing a tight black dress that fit her beautifully.

 

“H-hi.” I bowed to her and the gentlemen stepping out of the car.

 

“Are you coming in?” She grabbed mail from the box on the door and ushered the man in, waiting for me.

 

“Ah, yea.” I quickly stepped in and hung my coat up as the tall man pulled it from my shoulders. “Kai hasn’t answered yet though.”

 

“Oh well come on in.” She smiled. “Misty, this is my personal assistant Stephen.” I turned around to the new face and bowed politely. He bowed back and grinned before turning to Hyorin.

 

“Is she the one you were talking about, the new neighbor?” We both nodded and he smiled wider. “She really is cute, maybe she can get Kai out of his shell.” I think if they knew what his night life is like, they’d lock him up. Nonetheless I blushed at the sly compliment.

 

“That’s what I’m hoping.” Hyorin brought me a cup of tea as I looked around at all the fashion sketches on the walls. There were several rows of photos of her with important looking people. I think I even spotted SHINee’s Key holding a jacket up with her. It must be nice to be so young and have life figured out. I sighed and turned back to see both of them staring at me.

 

“What?” I looked confused and looked at myself, checking to see if a spider or something were on me.

 

“Nothing, just wondering what brought you over?” Hyorin answered as they smiled innocently.

 

“Oh.” I cleared my throat. Why am I over here? “I came because Jongin said he would take me to a bookstore. You said he knew of some good ones?” I thought quickly.

 

“Yes! He’ll love that!” She cheered. “Just go on up to his room.” she grabbed my cup and ushered me up the stairs. “It’s the last door at the end of the hall.” I nodded and swiftly walked up the steps. Well that wasn’t awkward…

 

I walked quietly back to Jongin’s room and knocked softly. No response. I turned the knob and covered my eyes, still nothing. I peeked open and saw that he was nowhere in there. I stepped in and the wet carpet squished beneath me. ! I totally trashed his room. I grabbed a towel off his chair and leant down, pushing hard and sopping up what water could come out. I never even heard the door click open.


 

“Oh !” Jongin opened the door and quickly shut it. I looked up and saw him poking his head out from the door, he was severely blushing.

 

“Whoa, what?” I stood up.

 

“My-…I need the towel.” He held his hand out. I handed it to him and watched as he shut the door back then opened it again, covered in nothing but the towel with his wet hair sticking to his face.

 

“I…um…sorry!” I blushed and looked down. He walked past me and pulled something out of his dresser before turning back to me.

 

“Are you just going to stand there while I dress?” He pushed me towards the door.

 

“Yes, I mean no!” I grabbed the handle and swung around the door, closing it behind me and sighing loudly. So smooth Misty, of course the towel was there for a reason.

 

I mentally slapped myself and paced outside his door. His sister was downstairs with the assistant giggling, I guess I could go see what they’re doing. I quietly padded down the stairs and stopped at the railing. There his sister was nuzzling in the shoulder of her assistant and nipping at his ear. I tried to step back up quietly but Jongin was right behind me smirking.

 

“You just have a way of being at the right place at the wrong time don’t you?” He chuckled lowly and put his hand on my back, nudging me down the steps. I was sure to make loud steps so his sister would hear me and we’d both be spared an embarrassing moment.

 

“Hey guys, heading off now?” His sister cleared her throught and discreetly fixed her hair.

 

“We’re going to the bookstore, I don’t know when we’ll be back. Are you working from home today?” Jongin asked as he grabbed his coat. I quickly grabbed mine and slung it on.

 

“Um…” Hyorin looked up to Stephen and back to us. “I think there are a few things to do in the office but I may work from home since you’ll be gone.”

 

“Kay. Later.” He grabbed my elbow and nearly pushed me out the door. After we walked past the edge of his yard I yanked my elbow back and pouted at him. “What?” he snapped.

 

“Are you always like that around her?” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Yes.” he groaned.

 

“Why?” I rolled my eyes. Sibling rivalries are awkward to be in between.

 

“Cause she thinks she’s being so secretive with her assistant. She always says she’s working in the office or spending the night at a friends so she can attend a late party. She can’t just tell me she’s seeing someone?”

 

“Did you ever think you’re difficult to talk to?” I meronged.

 

“Yah! I am not.” he groaned.

 

“Pffft. Yea right!” I set my brows straight and poked my lips out more, imitating Jongin. “My name is Kai but no one can call me that unless they’re cool. I can teleport and I am better than everyone because I can keep a straight face and not laugh.” I smirked. When I looked up Jongin was staring straight ahead, not even laughing. See, I was spot on. “I’m sorry.” I bit my lip.

 

“See, I can fool you.” he laughed and ruffled my hair. Sometimes his mood changes can give me whiplash.

 

“Ugh! Jongin I thought I really offended you.” I said as II rolled my eyes.

 

“Kai.” He whispered. I looked at him confused. Was he talking to himself? “You can call me Kai.” He grinned. I smiled inwardly but let it roll off. “Where do you want to go talk?” , I forgot the whole reason I’m here. For a second this almost felt like a play date, like we were actually on our way to some cool book store.

 

“It doesn’t matter. You know the area better than me.” I pointed out.

 

“C’mon. We can go to the dump behind the school, from there we can go east and hit the park.” He pulled me behind a car and grabbed my shoulder. He stared in my eyes as I shut mine, the ground once again spinning beneath me. I stumbled a bit and grabbed his sleeve, pulling myself in to him to steady. I was slightly embarrassed but I’d have been more embarrassed if I fell.

 

“I’ll never get used to that.” I complained as I straightened my hair out.

 

“Yea really.” he helped set me back up and chuckled. “Why can’t you get the hang of it?”

 

“I don’t know. I’m trying but every time I try I end up upside down and splayed across the floor.” I blushed a bit, embarrassed of my own clumsiness.

 

“Are you porting and trying to do somersaults at the same time?” He laughed. I brushed off his comment and walked out from behind the dump.

 

“You’re the one who’s top spot is behind a dump.” I crinkled my nose up.

 

“Hey, no one comes back here except on Tuesdays afternoons.” He walked out from behind me and headed east down the street. The street was slightly crowded so I kept weaving between people. Occasionally Kai would grab my sleeve and pull me forward. After the last few tugs he gave up and grabbed my hand, stuffing it in his warm pocket with his. My heart flopped a bit and I quickly swallowed the butterflies down. Today is the not the day to get butterflies from Kim Jongin.

 

“Are we almost there?” I stepped up a bit and bumped in to his shoulder.

 

“We are there.” He smirked.

 

“What?!” I looked around but we weren’t at a park. It was some kind of vacant lot with a huge billboard and a small community garden that small kids were playing in. “What is this?”

 

“Its an abandoned ad lot. I come here to think sometimes. The kids don’t bother you and if you climb up you can get a good view of downtown.” he pulled my hand out and climbed up the rusty ladder to the plank ways on the billboard. I followed after him warily, glancing occasionally down. “Quit looking down! We’re barely eight feet up.”

 

“Eight feet is enough.” I bit my lip and kept climbing up. I crawled beside him and slung my legs over the edge, keeping a grip on the railing. “How often do you come here?” I asked. He paused a bit and looked around, like canvassing the area.

 

“I don’t know.” he picked at the paint on the wood planks. “Anytime I need to think clearly.”

 

“Hmm.” I nodded and swung my legs back and forth like a little kid.

 

“So let’s talk.” He cleared his throat and turned to me. “What has been bothering you?”

 

“Nothing has really been bothering me.” I sighed. It was a lie, of course it was. How do you start a conversation like this though. I’ve never had a serious conversation like this except with Hoya but I’m not going to fraternize with the enemy.

 

“That’s a lie.” he poked me. “You’re not as quick and bubbly as you were Friday. It’s probably hard to talk to a stranger but we don’t have to be strangers. One of us will open to the other eventually and it just so happens you need to vent.” He smiled charmingly.

 

I really had an internal debate on that one. He wants to be my friend now, he told me on my porch Saturday and I see him sort of trying but can I trust him? He’s right, I have no one to share my burdens with now. Hoya will be lucky if I even acknowledge him and I had no other friends on the island besides his mom.

 

“C’mon what you say here, goes no where else.” Kai tried to coax me. “Is it about Hoya?” Ouch, I hate that he even knows his name.

“Mhmm.” I sighed. I chewed my lip nervously.

 

“What happened? I’m sure that the distance is new and will be hard but if you both trust each other it will be okay.” He said. His words sound hollow. Like a programmed thing, maybe he’s not used to advising like this.

 

“Trust is the issue.” I said. “I went to visit him after something upset me pretty bad. I ported too fast and bust myself up, thats what cause my head injury” I pointed to my head. “Then I caught him with another girl..I was shocked but at the same time I shut down. Maybe that’s part of being in shock. So I went for a walk on the ocean side...next thing I know I’m in your room.” We sat in silence for a moment before Jongin spoke again.

 

“So is that it?” He looked at me puzzled.

 

“Is that it?” I scoffed. “I guess so? Yea, that’s it. Two years of falling for the right guy who ends up cheating the second day I’m gone. That’s pretty much how it goes.”

 

“Misty, I didn’t mean it like that.” he rubbed my back. “You said something else upset you, but what? It had to be pretty rough if it made you port in a split second without thinking. Like a flight or fight response.”

 

“I…promise you won’t get mad?” He looked at me like I was about to tell him I shot a man or something but he just nodded. “I was…” I teared up and turned my face aside. This is difficult. I feel like I can trust Kai but it’s not fully there yet. To just tell him about Jaekyu is sort of embarrassing too but I just need it out.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to tell me.” He pat my back and grimaced.

 

“No! That’s the thing I have to tell someone.” I said frantically. “It’s killing me not having anyone to tell!” Kai sat back a bit and pulled me forward so I leaned on his chest. He gently pat my hair down, soothing me. I cried as I told him about the bathroom incident in the café with the creepy drunk and then porting behind a building where Jaekyu tried to take advantage of me with his friends. Kaw was holding me for about five minutes until I finally calmed down and wiped my tears away with my sleeves. The air was getting colder so I shivered and pulled my coat around me tighter. I looked up and Kai was sitting like a statue with his jaw clenched.

 

“I’m sorry, I know you must have known him a while, I didn’t mean to just lay that out there.” I sniffled. Kai just sat there looking like a statue. “K-Kai?”

 

“Did he touch you?” He shivered. It felt like a dark cloud was rolling in over us and covering Kai, his dark mood suddenly reflecting on the sky.

 

“No.” I shivered. “I left before he could do anything….well I ported.”

 

“You ported in front of him?!” He broke from his daze.

 

“Well yeah, I had to!” I grabbed my knees.

 

“C’mon. Lets go get lunch.” he helped me up and swung me on his back. I gasped and clung tight to his neck.

 

“No, please! Put me down!” I kicked. This was not okay. The playful guy under me was being too cute and my mind was very confused.

 

“Down the eight foot drop?” he laughed. “Okay!” he jumped over the railing with me clinging to him like a monkey, eyes buried against his neck.

 

“No!” I screamed and shut my eyes, bracing for impact. I opened them though when no shock came and realized I was on Kai’s back in the middle of a lit up bedroom. “Kim Jongin do not ever do that again!” I punched his back. He winced and rubbed it before smirking. “Where the hell are we?” I looked around at the clean room and bright blue sky outside.

 

“A friends house.” He was still giggling as he kicked his shoes off and tucked them under the bed. I slid mine off and pushed them under too, taking note of the pair. Kai casually walked out the door and down the hall with me trailing after slowly. “Hyung!” Kai called out loudly.

 

“Kai?” A short boy with large eyes popped out from an open archway with a frying pan and an apron tucked along his waist. “I’ll never get used to you dropping in.” he shook his head and smiled. “Who’s the girl?”

 

“What girl?” Kai asked playfully.

 

“The…one…behind you?” Color drained from the boys face as he looked at me shocked then back to Kai. “Yah Kai, I think I overdid my kimchi, I’m seeing things.” he tucked back in the kitchen.

 

“Relax hyung. Its my new neighbor Misty.” he grinned.

 

“And you told her that fast about our powers?! You really can fall for a cute face easy” He said as he looked at me shocked.

 

“Yah!” Kai shoved him back in the kitchen. “She’s got a power too.”

 

“Really?!” He looked at me excited. I simply nodded and walked in to the kitchen with Kai and the boy. “I am Kyungsoo!” he bowed and shook my hand. “Want some egg and ramyeon?” he offered us both and got out 3 bowls anyways. “So Misty, what can you do?”

 

“I port, teleport.” I bit my lip. Kyungsoo was so adorable and he gave off the big brother vibe. I felt like I couldn’t lie to him ever, even if I wanted to.

 

“Ah, just like Kai...” He flipped the egg in the frying pan and swiftly dumped it on the noodles.

 

“Yea but she has something a bit different.” Kai spoke.

 

“Huh?” Kyungsoo said. The proposition was new to me too so I looked at Kai confused also.

 

“She can do a bit more. She completely soaked my room the other night with ocean water. It seems whatever she’s touching at the time can go with her, not like just a person,like I can do. But actual huge objects. She practically ported to my room with half the Yellow Sea with her.” He explained. I hadn’t ever debated that my power was more than just teleporting, maybe that’s why I’m not so good at it, I’m supposed to be doing something different.

 

“Are you trying to tell me she’s like Ang?” Kyungsoo joked but Kai just nodded. We both looked at him like he was an idiot but it would explain why I’m not as graceful as Kai at teleporting. Maybe I’m not meant to teleport but only move other things. Like telekinesis but complicated? A lot complicated. Maybe I should hang out with Luhan more so we can try.

 

“Hey, you gonna eat?” Kyungsoo was looking at me. I hadn’t even noticed they were sitting down at the kitchen bar. I nodded and fumbled to jump up on the stool. It took swinging my leg over it before I could make it up there, nearly ripping my jeans. They both just snickered at me and stuffed their mouth. I can’t blame them though, I was starved. I took the noodles down in almost 4 bites and stared at my empty bowl.

 

“That was the best thing I’ve eaten since I got here.” I burped and covered my mouth, slightly embarrassed.

 

“Come back over for dinner.” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

“She can’t” Kai groaned. “There’s a huge puddle of water on my carpet that has her name written all over it.” he rolled his eyes. “And I’m going to make her clean it all.”

 

“Can’t you just get Sehun to dry it or Baekhyun or hell both?”  Kyungsoo suggested. “I’d suggest Suho but he’s teaching a weekend class today.”

 

“Baekhyun and Sehun both have powers? What?” I twitched my head to the side. “And Suho?”

 

“Kai, have you told her anything?” Kyungsoo grabbed my bowl and walked back behind the counter, part of me hoped he’d come back with more.

 

“Well Yixing was supposed to tell her but we left too early.” He said. “It’s all confusing to me how am I supposed to explain it?”

 

“Tell me what?! How many of you are there?!” I whined, tired of them talking like I wasn’t there. Kyungsoo laughed at me cutely and came to sit on my other side. He took a piece of paper and pen out.

 

“There are 12 of us guys that all have powers. Me, Suho, Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun, Luhan and Yixing.” he wrote their names down. “These are the ones you know, right?” I nodded. “I have earth powers, more or less moving natural elements and making them grow. Suho is water, bending it and manipulating it. He also does this thing where he can manipulate water in a body.” Kyungsoo cleared his throat. “Kai is teleporting, you know how that one goes. Sehun has wind power and Baekhyun has power of making light and bending it. Luhan can use telekinesis to move objects and telepathy to read thoughts. Yixing can heal and somehow be really agile and strong, I guess because his muscles never need repair.”

 

“That’s only seven people though.” I said. Just knowing what seven of them could do was a bit to keep up with but there’s still five more.

 

“Yup!” he grinned. “Next is Chanyeol, Tao, Kris, Chen and Xiumin. Chanyeol has fire power. Tao is a tricky one, he can stop time and start it but he can’t really go back in time. Kris is odd too, he can fly in a very odd way...none of us have ever seen it though only rumors. It gets simpler though now. Chen has lightning power and Xiumin can freeze things over.” He smiles as he had written the complete list down on a white sheet of paper.

 

“So wait, all of your powers seems to have an equal counter match.” I said. There was a connection between them all.

 

“What?” The both looked at me like I was speaking above their heads.

 

“Like a partner. Suho and Xiumin, Kyungsoo and Chen, Kai and Luhan, Kris and Sehun and I think that’s all I can match without thinking too much but most of you seem to have a balancer.” I said as I nodded.

 

“That’s a crack theory.” Kai sipped his water down.

 

“No but all of your powers seem to still be related to the four elements so that means mine would be too right?” I Shrugged my shoulders.

 

“Maybe, you can’t be too far off” Kyungsoo agreed. “I’ll see if we can't get Sehun and Baekhyun over though. You guys go watch TV or something.” Kyungsoo walked out and headed down the hall. Kai quickly hopped off the stool and walked to the living room. I followed behind safely as I sat on the couch and watched the show that was on the television. I didn’t even notice Kai get up and leave the room, coming back in with a blanket and tossing it over my legs. I sighed thankfully and pulled it up to my chin, sort of tucking myself in. I didn't realize I was still pretty tired.

 

“You can sleep you know.” Kai whispered.

 

“Hmmm? I’m not sleepy.” I whispered as the last breath left me and I dozed off.



 

AN: I realize it feels like this is moving slow but I promise it has a purpose!!!! Stay with me my lovelies! It will definitely pick up in the next update<3