Man-Wol Pt1

Forced [Incomplete]

 

 
   I looked up scared at Kai’s hand held out to me. Having just hung up on Appa I had no idea what was going to happen when I got home.  I walked to the door and slid my shoes and jacket back on while Luhan and Yixing grabbed boxes of books. Quietly walking back to the living room I grabbed the skin book, cringing a bit, and put a scrap of paper lying around between the pages to mark it. I don’t have enough time to read what that leaf mark means. 
 
“We’re ready.” Yixing and Luhan balanced the boxes on their one arm and held their other hands out, one on top of the other. Kai laid his hand on top and they all looked at me. I was nervous. I was told to keep my lips zipped about being able to take powers. I feel like one glance at Kris and he’ll know. 
 
“Its okay. You having nothing to be nervous about. Just take deep breaths. We’ll be with you.” I expected Luhan to say that, reading my thoughts again and all. When I looked up at the voice though it was Kai looking at me with his brown orbs reassuring me. In that moment I felt secure, so I lifted my hand and as soon as I laid it over Kai’s knuckles we were off. 
 
 The room we landed in was dark and bit mildewy smelling. The floor beneath me was hard and uneven. Yixing grabbed my hand, followed by Kai putting his hand on my back. Forget Kris, this was actually the most nervous I’d ever been. One guy after my affections is holding my hand, another who I want to be after my affections has his warm hand on the small of my back, and the one guy in the back who can hear all our thoughts. If he was listening to mine right now I hope he realizes how hard I’ll smack him if he ever told anyone about how flustered I feel. Of course the snicker I hear behind me signals his understanding. 
 
 After walking in the dark lit hall for a few minutes we finally came to a stone arch. The light pouring in let me see that this really wasn’t a hall. It was more like a cave with random light fixtures and modern appliances like the room we were in now. It had a large red sectional sofa in front of a fireplace that looked like it was carved right out of the cave walls. The rest of the room was bare except for the large cherry wood desk in the corner, adorned with a cushy looking chair behind it. If that were my fathers desk there would be bunches of papers and magazines scattered around but this desk was perfect.  
 
“You can have a seat on the couch, I‘ll be back soon, I promise” Kai squeezed my hand and let it drop. I looked back at him confused as to where he was going but he was already gone. I looked behind me as Yixing and Luhan set the boxes on a book shelf. The shelves of it were full of other books and an occasional rock. This place looked more and more like a weird cult. It probably didn’t help that a figure appeared from the shadows cloaked in a dark hood. 
 
“Sup Lay and Luhan?” he pulled his hood off and gave them all hugs. He looked familiar but he turned his body to look at the boxes we brought in. I realized that I was still clutching the yucky skin bound book. I walked over to the red couch as the guys talked quietly. Occasionally I heard whispers of how Kris was in an odd mood but I didn’t feel like looking up and inquiring why. So far in this book all I could read were the parts in Korean, The other half were in Mandarin. The leaf symbol was all over the pages. It’d have one page with nothing but the leaf on it and then the 12 symbols around it again with little notes branching from the symbols. It explained six of the symbols, like the water power, light power, wind power, fire power, earth power and teleporting. Some facts were interesting, like the water power can even manipulate people by controlling the water content in their body. Sort of creepy actually. The last page of the book said ‘The twelve sons of the tree will die defending her, even if rebirth was not an option.’ So the 12 sons are to protect a tree?

 Whats so important about this tree anyways?
 
“No way…” Luhan gasped across the room. I turned my head to see what he was gawking at but I was met with his eyes, he’s looking at me? “Let me see that.” He turned and was at my side in two strides. Yixing followed behind him and watched intently as he grabbed the book from my hands and read everything on the last page. 
 
“What is it?” I whispered as he furrowed his brows in concentration. He held a finger up to his lips and kept reading fast. When he finished the last page he flipped it to show a large illustration of a tree. Every leaf on the tree was identical to the one on my back. I felt a chill go down my spine. It was cold but something told me this chill was a bit more mental. 
 
“What’s going on?” A deep voice spoke from the stone archway. We all looked over to see a tall man with short brown hair. He was wearing a white T-shirt and dark pants. He looked serious as his puffy lips sat in a straight line. 
 
“Kris. I think this book was the first book ever about powers. It talks in extreme detail about the legend of the tree and the 12 sons.” Luhan held it out. So this was the Duizhang. I dropped my head so my hair fell and covered my cheeks a bit. I heard the low thud of Kris’ boots approach. He stopped in front of me and placed a finger under my chin, making me look up. My face was already flushed by the time I had to look in to his eyes. 
 
“You must be Misty, ne?” his voice was lower, like a liquid whisper, all I could do was nod. He smiled a bit before grabbing my hand and pulling me off the couch. “Let’s get started. We can discuss the book later.” 
 
“But Duizha-” 
 
“Later Luhan, It can’t be so important that we skip the meal I’ve made, I’ve worked so hard.” He grinned and pulled my hand as we walked down the lit stone hallway. He was huge, almost two feet taller than me. No wonder everyone looked up to him, they literally looked up to him. When we stopped in the hall I nearly ran in to his back so I stopped abruptly. He spun on his heel and looked down at me. “Misty, welcome to my home and welcome to the grand dining room.” 
 
This whole work of underground caves is his home? Grand dining room? I feel seriously underdressed. 
 
  The room I walked in to was indeed grand. The floors were a beautiful dusty grey of wood and the rich purple wallpaper made the whole room feel like a ritzy dining area. However, the chairs and table were a dark black, like they were dipped in black tar. Kris pulled a chair out for me too sit in, on the end of the table, and quickly sat down at the head of the table. The boy I recognized earlier  sat across me, I still cant place where I know him from. Then Yixing sat down beside the kid and Luhan beside him. The whole row of seats beside me were left empty.
 
“Where are the others at, they‘re almost late?” The familiar boy spoke, he looked annoyed. 
 
“They’ll be here soon Tao, Kai is getting the Korean Domain at one time, Xiumin and Chen are finishing up on errand.” Tao? As in wushu master from my school. I looked at Luhan confused and got a slight nod. Kris was looking at me when I looked back and smirked. “I had Tao go to your school, as a way to keep an eye on things. Besides, your school really does have an excellent education program.” 
 
“N-ne.” I nodded like an idiot. This whole time I haven’t even said one intelligent thing. 
 
“So tell me, how is it you have a power? We, Xiumin and I, have done some extensive research and it amazes us that you even have one. You’re the first girl for maybe 100 years and yet you have no record of a grandparent with a talent.” He sipped a glass of wine and puckered his lips. 
 
“My mother had one. I’ve been teleporting on my own since I was fourteen, I never knew my grandparents though, my mother didn’t talk about them either.” I crossed my hands over in my lap.
 
“So does that mean they’re dead?” He asked me with a hint of harshness in his voice.
 
“I assume so. I asked her about them once and she just said they were long gone.” 
 
“Interesting.” Kris bemused. The conversation dies when Kai appeared in the doorway with Suho, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Sehun, and the kid who sold me my cell phone? Chanyeol I think his name was. So that’s how Kai knew him. “Good, the party is getting started.”  
 
 I felt a bit better as Kai sat down beside me. Sehun and Baekhyun came up and ruffled my hair while Suho just smiled at me and continued to his seat beside Kai. Chanyeol probably didn’t even recognize me since the last time I saw him I was disguised. That’s a good thing since I’m not supposed to let Kris know I can take powers. 
 
“Tell me, Kai, where is Jaekyu?” Kris looked down at the last 4 empty chairs. One for Chen, xiumin, Jaekyu, and the one at the very end most likely for the Korean Domain leader, if he even showed up. Since I took Jaekyu’s power though he has no reason to attend I guess. Besides he’d spill the beans on me. 
 
“He was sick, bird flu or something.” Kai lied. Kris looked to me then back at Kai and nodded. 
 
“Sorry we're late.” two guys walked in. The darker haired one had an amazing jawline and the other had eyes of a skeptical cat. “we had no luck, Duizhang.” 
 
“None?” Kris’ expression fell and he looked stone cold again.
 
“Yes. we tried but came up with nothing.” the catty one bowed his head and kept looking down. I don’t know what they’re talking about but its apparently a sensitive subject to Kris. Everything about Kris so far screams sensitive.
 
“No matter, let’s eat.” Kris stood up and nodded to Luhan. Luhan quietly slid his chair out and walked over to a door. He walked back out followed by three rolling silver carts with plates on them. He lifted his hand and the plates on them cast off and landed on the table, in front of each us. Then glasses were distributed as a wine bottle went around and filled each of them. I wanted to reach out and touch it but it had already moved on to Kris. Lastly the silverware and chopsticks whipped in the air and landed neatly on folded napkins. This was even better than watching food be prepared at your table.  
 
 After Luhan sat down everyone at the table started eating. The meal was delicious and pretty hard to believe Kris made it all, I wonder if he poisoned it. There were all kinds of grilled meats and plenty of sauces to dip it in. I was mostly excited to try some of the other foreign foods I’d not had in a while, like sesame chicken. 
 
 Everyone sat quietly after they finished and sipped the last of their wine. Possibly since I was so petite I kept getting looks of stupor as I piled on more and more to my plate. After the sixth plate I finally called it quits, Kai was looking at me and smirking, and my tummy almost ached. Luhan stood up one last time and sent everything on the plates flying off to the metal carts again, and in turn the metal carts rolled away behind the door. 
 
 “So lets begin.” Kris stood up and held his hands together. 
 
“Kris I think you should really look at the boo-” 
 
“Luhan. I understand the book hasn’t been read in a long time but it can wait. I think we should discuss the matter of who  the Korean Domain leader is and why Jaekyu really isn’t here.” He cut his eyes over to Kai and smirked. I thought I saw flecks of gold appear in his eyes but he blinked and they were gone. Luhan pursed his lips and sat back down. Kris sat down after him and looked over. “So Chen, why couldn’t you track down the last Korean Leader?”
 
“I went to the last known address but the place was empty. I asked neighbors but most of them wouldn’t talk to me. The one person who did speak, an old ahjussi named Mr.Geun Banguel, said that the family left all of the sudden. They never even told anyone where they were going.” Kris hummed lowly and nodded. My eyes were a bit in shock and my mouth hung open slightly.

My old neighbors name was Guen Bangeul. 
 
“Yixing. When you went to the island home was there any other traces in the boxes you took?” Kris prompted.
 
“No. Just the books, that I left in your study, and an old rock.” He nodded. “the books are old and one of them is an Original book. Other than that, there was no paper trail.” 
 
“I see.” Kris crossed one leg over his knee and rest his hand over his ankle. He seemed a bit more relaxed now. “So Tao. How are you finding school in Korea?” 
 
“Its fine Duizhang. A lot of crazy fan girls but I don’t mind them.” He smiled. He obviously was not as intimidated by Kris as I or the rest of the Korean Domain. All of us on this side of the table were quiet with an air of awkward between us. 
 
“And did you attend your last class yesterday?” 
 
“Ne?” Tao looked confused. 
 
“Isn’t Jaekyu in that class with you?” Kris rest a finger on his chin and looked in to Tao’s eyes, like he would be able to tell if he lied. Tao just nodded his head and looked down at his hands. “so was he in class yesterday?” Tao looked up nervously and softly nodded his head. Maybe he was scared of Kris too if he couldn’t even lie to him. “So it seems, Kai here has lied to us.” 
 
“I-” Kai tried to speak but hushed when the gold flecks in Kris eyes danced to the top of his iris. His dark brown eyes were now glowing a yellow color. I let my hand slide off my lap and on to Kai’s knee. I don’t know if I was comforting me or him. 
 
“Where is he?” Kris asked in a monotone voice. 
 
“He doesn’t belong here..” I whispered and tensed up when the gold eyes landed on me. 
 
“And why is that? He has a power does he not?” Kris scoffed. 
 
“N-not anymore.” Yixing spoke up. All eyes were on him as he cleared his throat. The gold in Kris’ eyes drained and now he looked confused. 
 
“What do you mean not anymore?” Kris stared at him. Yixing sat silently and kept his lips pursed. “I asked what you mean?” 
 
“I mean, he can’t skin walk anymore, it was taken from him?” Yixing blushed red, he was put in such an awkward position. So much for keeping my other power a secret.
 
“That’s preposterous.” Kris stood up and rest his palms on the table, leaning over a bit. “Yixing I don’t understand this, you can’t just take powers. just tell me what’s going on. Or Kai can tell me?” Kris looked to Kai as his lip slightly snarled up.
 
“I took his power!” I nearly yelled. I stood up in my chair and looked up at Kris. “Jaekyu tried to hurt me so I took his power so he couldn’t hurt me anymore.” we stared in to each other eyes for a few seconds. Both feeling fierce. I can’t have him getting mad at something that is all my fault. He cant bully Yixing like that and he sure as hell can't with Kai either.
 
“You're lying, you can’t just take powers!” Kris spoke loudly and rolled his eyes, a smirk playing at his lips.
 
“Its true. She can.” Baekhyun stood up and smiled at me, reassuring me he was there. 
 
“I’ve seen it too.” Sehun stood up proudly and held his hand up for Baekhyun to high five but Baekhyun just shook his head and pulled Sehun’s hand down. 
 
“And has anyone else seen this phenomenon?” Kris clenched his jaw. He looked around as Luhan, Yixing and Kai stood up too. I inwardly smiled at all my friends standing up.

 I thought everyone was already standing who was important until I saw Tao slowly rise. Everyone was looking at him shocked now. Especially Kris. 
 
“When Jaekyu attacked you in the gym I was coming in from the west entrance. I was told you were a teleporter but when I saw you nearly blind him, I knew something was off. Now I know what it was.” He looked so sorry. I nodded and flashed him a smile. 
 
“And you’re just now mentioning this?” Kris snapped. 
 
“Well I wasn’t sure what I saw and-”
 
“Not sure what you saw? For s sake Tao you can stop time.” Kris looked pissed, like this was all a joke and we were supposed to say ‘just kidding’ any minute now. 
 
“I’m sorry. I just wanted to know what Jaekyu’s intentions were.” Tao winced. “I promise I wouldn’t have let it go any further.” The last sentence was for me. He held a hand out like he was pleading.
 
“So let's see then.” Kris looked at me arrogantly.
 
“See what?” I cocked my brow.
 
“Let’s see you take a power. I’m sure Yixing will volunteer or Luhan maybe?” He looked around playfully. It was like watching a madman pick a victim out. I didn’t notice how much I was shaking in anger until Kai grabbed my hand and my finger. 
 
“There’s no need for that. Kris.” Luhan spoke softly. A look of pleading in his eyes. 
 
“Then how will she prove she can take powers?” Chen looked up and nodded to Kris, Chen came up to Kris side and whispered something in his ear. He seemed to ponder it for a bit and even nodded a few times. While he was busy with Chen, Kai leaned down to my ear and whispered. 
 
“Skin walk.” he said. 
 
“Mwo?” I looked at him confused. Skin walk? How will that help me- OH! It suddenly clicked in my head what he meant. Kris was still whispering back and forth with Chen so I ducked my head behind Kai’s back. I felt a ripple go across my skin, like when a pebble is dropped in water, and when I straightened up I was the girl I was the other day. This time though I made the difference a bit more shocking. My eyes were blue, my hair a copper red color and freckles were speckled all over my cheeks and nose. The whispering to Kris stopped as Chen looked over at me, baffled and speechless. Kris stared at him before following his gaze to me. Though he was obviously surprised he didn’t nearly show it as much as everyone else at the table. 
 
“Do you believe me now?” My voice was higher pitched and sounded like a child, that’s when Kris’ face finally looked shocked. Kai only snickered and grabbed my hand tighter. 
 
“How cute.” He smiled “I still want to see you take a power though. It must be something amazing.” 
 
“Kris she’s shown you what she can do I don’t think it’d be wise to provoke her anymore if she knew what she was capable of it could just-” 
 
“Shut it Luhan!” Kris interrupted him. 
 
“No!” the glass in front of Kris cracked and fell in front of him like a flower shedding leaves. The gold glow in Kris’ eyes flared as he stepped around the table and yanked Luhan back by his hand. “Listen to me Kris!”
 
“What is it that you are so damn adamant to tell me?” His nostrils flared as he held up Luhan’s frail wrist. I felt a slight breeze wrap around the room and make the curtains flap. When I looked down the side of the table I saw Sehun biting his lip with his eyes set on Kris’. Sehun did not like the way Kris was handling Luhan. I wanted to know what Luhan was trying to say too. It is uncomfortable to be talked about like I’m not in the room but if it gets Luhan to spill the beans on his drastic news then I can bare it. 
 
“Misty-ah, show them the birthmark.” He looked at me. At first I was confused, I know it looks like the leaf in the book but why is that really so important? The look in Luhan’s eyes though told me I didn’t have time to be confused. I shrugged my jacket off and pulled my arms through the sleeves of my shirt. Thankful I had a tank top underneath I slipped off my black sweater and dropped it behind. My birthmark could be seen now if you moved the strap to the side. I turned around and pinched the strap and pulled it to the side. “You can’t see it. Go back to being you.” 
 
“O-ok?” I shivered as my skin rippled and my hair turned back to its natural color. I suppose when I skin walk the birthmark goes away.
 
“See what I mean now.” Luhan whispered to Kris’. 
 
“She has a leaf tattoo with 12 symbols around it?” Kris’ voice sounded annoyed. “so what.” I looked over my shoulder frantically.

 There’s only supposed to be a leaf. What is this about 12 circles?!?!

 I could barely even crane my neck to see. I looked up worriedly in time to see the wretched skin book fly over head and land softly in front of Kris. It flipped to the last page. It was the tree with all the symbols around it. Kris looked back and forth from my back to the book. 
 
“They’re the exact same…” Kris sighed and sat in Luhan’s chair. He rest his head on his palm and slowly shook his head. “this is crazy.” I looked from Kris to Luhan and was more confused than ever. Everyone from the china domain stared at me and suddenly bowed a full 90 degrees. 
 
“What is going on?” I looked around frantically.


AN: Hello my puddin pops. This update is hard to write because this is where it starts getting syfy and I don't want to mess up and say something at a wrong part. I think re-wrote the last part 5 times before I finally got my outline in order lol. thanks again for all your comments! I'm in a rut really emotionally so just seeing subscribers and comments makes me feel happy just a bit more. From the bottom of my heart I hope you all have a good week, laugh more than last week, cry less than yesterday and sleep magnificently. (I think I am pmsing)

                                           
                                             Comment • Subscribe • Upvote • Smile