Nasusbae!

Forced [Incomplete]

 

  The rest of my day went by fast. Jaekyu skipped science class and since I am avoiding Jongin I ended up sitting with some guy who sat too close to me and kept putting his hand on my thigh. It took nearly seven times of me slapping his hand away and lastly punching him in the crotch before he left me alone. I’ve had enough of guys for a year. The one guy I do like I can’t even tell cause Appa hates that he has a power. I’m still a lotbit unclear on how everyone with a power seems to be part of a club that I’ve never even heard of. Umma failed to mention that but we had better things to worry about when she was still around. 
 
 After my last class I decided to go in town and get a new phone since mine drowned after getting soaked in salt water. Halfway to my destination I felt a tug on my sleeve and turned around to see Kai staring blankly at me. 
 
“I don’t feel like being followed.” I sighed. 
 
“Fine. Tell me where you’re going and I’ll walk ahead.” He smiled arrogantly.
 
“What do you need Kai?” I am so confused right now. I like Kai a lot and I like Yixing too but I can’t tell how I like either one of them. Kai has helped me a lot and Yixing has helped me too just as many times. If I take out the parts where I visited Yixing for healing then really I wouldn’t even be so thankful to him. Part of me feels like I owe him. But does that mean I owe my heart? 
 
“I want to make sure you’re okay. You look like you need to talk, we can go to my secret spot again?” He offered as he grabbed my hand and tried to pull me back. 
 
“Yix-” ! I almost called him Yixing “Kai, I can’t be seen with you. If Appa found out he’d be upset.” 
 
“So it is about what he said after we left. Misty I'm not dangerous or anything. Besides,there’s a solution to that. What if your Appa saw me with someone else, like a random school girl?” He smiled like he was a genius.
 
“Do you mean…ugh fine. Give me your jacket.” I held my hand out as he shrugged his jacket off and handed it to me, curious of what I was going to do. I flipped it over my head and pulled it down till my face was no longer visible. Then I grabbed my hair that was hanging down and pulled it up in my hand. When I snatched the jacket off I had lighter brown eyes, short black hair and facial features similar to mine but still not quit as identical. “What do you think?” I smirked. 
 
“Cute, but not as beautiful as real you.” I may have skin walked but there was no hiding the bright blush that tinged my cheeks. Kai was not making this easy. 
 
“Thanks.” I giggled. “I’m just going to get a new phone since mine won’t even turn on. There’s a vendor a few blocks away.” 
 
“Sounds like a plan.” He walked beside me as we weaved in out the usual street crowd, occasionally bumping in to each other. 
 
  When we got to the vendor it was a tall young guy, very cute, who was very enthusiastic to help me. He had short black hair perfectly spiked up and a big gummy smile. He was adorable.  
 
“So you can get this discount if you have your student I.D.” He smiled as he showed me a purple smart phone with little bunnies on it, how could I say no? 
 
“And I do!” I smiled back and fished my billfold from my purse. I handed it to him as he punched in the bar code on the phones packaging box. He absentmindly grabbed it and looked at it. 
 
“Wait…are you sure this is you in the picture?” He looked up confused. 
 
“Oh crap.” I snatched the I.D. back and mentally kicked myself. I forgot I don’t really look like myself at the moment. 
 
“I must have grabbed my sisters I.D. by accident. Sorry, just forget it then.” I blushed from embarrassment. 
 
“No problem, seems like an honest mistake I’ll give you the discount anyways. Plus you’re cute.” He winked. I smiled slightly embarassed and noticed the look of annoyance on Kai’s face. After the guy rang me up he leaned over my back to show me how to turn it on and activate it. We stood there for ten minutes and he got tired of looking over me and innocently rest his chin on my shoulder. 
 
“Don’t you think you’re a little too close?” Kai stepped forward and pulled the guys shoulder back. I turned around speechless. The look on Kai’s face was so dominant and had my chest lunging. 
 
“Sorry, I didn’t know she was your girl, Jongin.” 

They knew each other?
 
“I’m not his-”
 
“It’s fine Chanyeol, just quit hanging over her like a baboon.” Kai interupted. I looked at him with my mouth hung open. POart of me wanted to smack him for thinking it was that easy to play my boyfriend but the other half of me was still trying to stand and not melt.
 
“Easy Kai, I just sell phones.” the guy chuckled and Kai  let out a sarcastic ‘heh’ before cutting the laugh off and looking serious again. 
 
“I think I get the hang of it now, you have a customer waiting anyways.” I smiled and bowed as Kai and I left the vendor standing there speechless. I zigged and zagged through the crowd again and made my way to my usual café spot. I went in and got a mango juice and cookie before coming out and sitting with Kai on one of the benches.
 
“Well thanks for coming with me and all but I better get home now.” I chewed my cookie slowly. 
 
“Why doesn’t your dad like you hanging out with people who have powers?” he looked up and quinted as the sun shined in his eyes, nervously playing with the tab on the juice lid.  
 
“I don’t think this is the place to talk about it.” Honestly people were walking by often and people were coming out of the cafè every few minutes. 
 
“Fine.” He laid his hand on my knee and in a flash we were up on the abandoned billboard high above the rusty playground. 
 
“Kai! That’s not what I meant.” I clutched his forearm as my feet dangled over the edge, my fear of heights still prevalent. "people could see us." 
 
“Why doesn’t he like people with powers, you have powers.” he ignored my scolding. He seems to be in a super serious mood now. 
 
“I don’t know. If he knew I used my power as much as I do he’d probably move me to a secluded island...again.” I groaned. 
 
“So he just thinks we’re all dangerous or something?”
 
“That and he thinks what we have is unreliable. He doesn’t know if one day I’ll teleport and loose my power and never be able to go home.”
 
“That’s ridiculous, our powers are forever until we die. Then it gets passed to the youngest generation.” He rolled his eyes.
 
“See, even I didn’t know that.” I looked at him surprised. So that means when Umma passed I got her power? But I was porting before she died, by myself. 
 
“What all did your Umma even tell you?” He looked up like I didn’t even know 2+2 is. (it's fish.
 
“Nothing. I asked her one day why she had a power and she said ‘Its just something we were meant to have.’ She never even said anything about there being other people like us. Luhan explained a bit today.”
 
“Yea? Like what?” 
 
“Well, that apparently China has a domain of six guys.” Kai nodded in agreement. “and that Korea doesn’t have an organized domain really.” 
 
“Sort of. We have a little order but our leader isn’t strict like Kris so sometimes people like Jaekyu get to act up.” 
 
“Who is our leader?” Whoever it is they are doing a lousy job. 
 
“I don’t know. I’m only a nasusbae*.” 
 
“A ferry?” 
 
“Mhmm when it comes to man-wol meetings I am supposed to transport all the members to the meeting. Like a ferry, getting one person to another place.” he sipped his juice.
 
“Wait…so this is like legitimate stuff?” 
 
“Yea?” Kai snickered. "there are strict rules that our great great great grandparents set."
 
“How have I been out of the loop the whole time?!” I grabbed my knees to my chest and pouted. “this is a lot to take in. So since I can transport does that mean I’m a nasusbae?”
 
“I guess so, we’ll find out at the next meeting.” he grinned foolishly. 
 
“Why are you smiling like that, what are you not telling me?” 
 
“Well, in my grandparents time, if there were two nasusbaes around and they were of opposite genders, it was required that they procreate, to double the chances of grandchildren being nasusbae carriers, so there’d always be one around to transport.”
 
“You mean…we’d have to…sleep together?” I blushed furiously at the notion and hid my face in my hands as Jongin chuckled. “you pig! I’d never even kiss you!” I mumbled in to my hands. 
 
“Aw c’mon!” He grabbed my wrist and pulled my head up, making a kissy face at me. “you can’t resist my lips.” 
 
“Yah!” I squealed and shoved him away. “I’ve been kissed enough today as it is.” 
 
“…Mwo?” Kai froze and dropped my hand. He looked surprised but that stff body kind of surprised. Almost like he was let down. “Who kissed you today?” 
 
“No one, my appa.” I lied. 
 
  Why did I lie?! Maybe I should have just said Yixing but what good would that have done. Maybe I didn’t want to tell him because I  didn’t want him to think he had no chance with me.
 
“Anyways, times have changed.” Kai cleared his throat and smiled. 
 
“Yea, thank goodness.” I smacked his arm. “I better go now, we have homework and I still have to cook dinner.” I stood up and waved as Kai looked up at me nodded before smiling that toothy grin I love so much. I’m sure my smile was just as big when I landed home in my room. 
 
 I quickly shook off that normal girl appearance and changed in to some sweats and a tank top. Appa promised to be home today at a decent time so I was going to make some dakgalbi*. I grabbed my homework and got to work in the kitchen dicing the chicken up. I totally forgot my new phone so I turned it on and gawked at all the missed calls and texts. 
 
42 missed calls - Hoya
 
29 texts - Hoya
 
3 calls - Hoya’s Umma 
 
1 text- Luhan
 
 
 I deleted every call and text from Hoya, I refuse to go down that path again no matter how sorry he may be. I left one call from his Umma up though, to remind me to call her later. I went straight to Luhan’s text. 
 
how did he even get my number? 
 
Misty
 
 Hey, you should come by tonight. Yixing will be at work but I can explain to you more about the domains. Also I told Kai about your run in with Jaekyu so if he tries to follow you around, let him. Be safe ^•^
 
                                                                                                                    -Luhan
 
  So that’s why Kai wanted to follow me today after school. Sneaky sneaky. 
 
 “Omo!” I smelt the burnt chicken and ran back to it in time to flip it before it turned to charcoal. Thankfully I salvaged it all in time and ended up with a great looking meal. Now all I had to do was wait for Appa to get home while I finished my homework.

About thirty minutes in to my studying my new phone rang and I picked it up. 
 
“Yoboseyo?” 
 
“Nae ttal*, I can’t make it to dinner. I have an interview in about 20 minutes to get some more funding for our expansion in Japan. Do you think you could just cook another night. I hope I called you in time.” 
 
“Mullon*, I haven’t cooked yet or anything.” I rolled my eyes and looked over at the full meal on the counter. “What time will you be home? I can wait for you to get in and then we eat.” 
 
“Ani, I want you to rest well, I won’t be in until around midnight arraso?” I could hear him shuffling on the other end of the line, probably searching through a pile of papers. 
 
“Arra. Oh, Appa, do you think I can trade rooms with the office. The closet in my room is not big enough at all for my clothes and storage boxes.”
 
“I see why not. But don’t you think your room is a bit small for an office for you and I? It will be a tight squeeze.” 
 
“Ne! But with the added room I won’t need to move my desk in there. I can keep it in my new room.” 
 
“Aish you are so smart. Mian for not making it home. Study good, saranghaeyo!” 
 
“Ne Appa.” I smiled. My real reason to move rooms has nothing to do with closet space but what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. 
 
  I kissed dad bye through the phone and skipped back to my room. The way I see it I can meet Luhan early, bring him back here for a nice meal as a bribe to get him to help me move furniture. With his telekinesis he won’t even have to move a muscle. I changed in to a long sleeve blue shirt and put on some worn out skinnies before lacing my boots up and porting to Yixing’s. 
 
“Luhan!” I knocked excited. “open up.”
 
“Yah, you know you can just come in to the living room right?” He opened the door like he was annoyed. 
 
“No way, what if you or Yixing was .” I giggled. 
 
“Oh you’d like that.” He snorted.
 
“Andwae!” I smacked his arm.  “I have a proposition for you.”
 
“Yea?” 
 
“Mhmm. You come to my house and I will feed you the best dakgalbi in all of Korea.” 
 
“Mmm that sounds delicious. I’m tired of noodles and sandwiches.” he smiled cutely and grabbed his coat. 
 
“There’s a catch.” 
 
“Of course there is.” he rolled his eyes. “do I get to kick ?” he popped in to a martial arts pose and flipped his hand, beckoning me to challenge him.
 
“You really just want to break something don’t you?” I laughed.
 
“Well I was sooo close to dropping that vase on Jaekyu’s head before you told me not to.” he grimaced playfully.
 
“C’mon, my meal is getting cold.” I linked my arm with Luhan’s and ported to my kitchen. I grabbed the plates and heated them up while Luhan took his shoes off and looked around the living room.  He ran his hands over the bare walls with nothing but nails sticking out. I had been trying to hang photos up the other day but got distracted so there was nothing but nails in the wall. He looked at me curiously, questioning random nails in the wall.
 
“I was going to hang picture frames up but got side tracked.” I walked over to a box of glass frames and grabbed the picture on top. It was my Umma and I blowing out candles on my 10th birthday cake. I wiped the dust off of it and hung it on the closest nail and adjusted it to be straight. Luhan walked over to me and smiled as I tried to remember that day. It was a year before I found out what cancer even was, a year before umma got so weak she could barely walk but we still always smiled. 
 
“Wow.” Luhan breathed. “just hearing you miss her makes me miss her.”
 
“Ne.” I sighed. “whenever I felt lost she found me.” 
 
“Who finds you now?” He bumped in to my shoulder. 
 
“I don’t know.”  I turned around and walked back in to the kitchen, distracting myself with getting the next plate heated. I knew the answer to his question though. Kai had found me lately, or I find him. Yixing is trying to find me now too. Hopefully being in the kitchen is too far away for Luhan to read my thoughts. 
 
“It’s ready!” I called out to a Luhan who didn’t respond. I looked over the bar and saw him grinning wide at the wall. He had hung up all the photos and I watched as a cloth went over each picture and took the dust off, making them sparkle like new. “Omo.” I gasped and walked up to the picture wall again. It had been so long since I’d seen those smiling faces and memories that it all rushed to me. The last picture was the one that hurt the most. A picture of Hoya and I smiling at his schools prom. I looked like a little pixie and he looked so handsome. 
 
“Luhan, you wanted to break something?” I said. “start with that.” I pointed to the photo. 
 
“But, you look so cute.” He frowned. 
 
“I’m not that girl anymore and that guy never existed…” 
 
“Are you sure.” He looked concerned. 
 
“Most definitely.” I nodded furiously.  The picture flung off the wall and stilled in mid-air. Luhan held his hand up flat before curling his hand in a balled fist. The frame and picture seemed to rupture in on themselves and crumple like a ball of paper. The glass could be heard popping but all it did was crunch together like a sphere and separate from the broken wooden frame and shredded photo. Luhan waved his hand again and sent the frame and photo flying in to the trashcan. I turned back to the glass sphere and gasped as Luhan held his pocket open and let them all the tiny shards sort in to it.
 
“What are you doing?” I looked at him surprised. 
 
“I’m going to make something with it, if you don’t mind?”
 
“No, not all. Thanks Luhan.” I smiled and walked back to the dinner table.  “Now let’s eat I’m starving!” we both laughed and sat down to enjoy my efforts. 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Alright so where do you want your bed?” Luhan was sitting in the door way while I looked at the pile of my furniture in the middle of the study. I quickly closed the curtain in case Kai looked in and saw my furniture floating around. 
 
“Against the wall.” I pointed where my fathers desk used to be. Now all his stuff was piled up in my old room. Appa can move his stuff where ever he wants later.  My bed quickly hovered then dropped gently on to my new hardwood floors. I’m glad the walls were white in here so I didn’t have to repaint. My two nightstands followed the bed and plopped down on each side. I opened the closet doors and hung my clothes up while Luhan moved my dresser beside the door and scooted my desk forward so I could move around more. I must say this study room really is perfect. It’s like my own bedroom suite now. I even had room for a vanity if I wanted. And I do want because what girl doesn’t want a designated place to put on make up every morning!? 
 
“Hey Luhan.” I was curious now. 
 
“Yea?”
 
“When you move things, do you like feel the weight or does it hurt your head or anything?” 
 
“Ani.” he giggled. “Its sort of like I feel every particle in an object and move it with my mind.”
 
“Oh…” I had more questions now. 
 
“You know I could just let you feel for yourself.” 
 
“Aniyo!” I pursed my lips. I don’t want to go around taking powers, it just feels wrong. “thank you for everything today Luhan.” I plopped on my bed and looked at him pitifully. “I feel like I’m using you.” I frowned. 
 
“You’re not.” he popped up and sat down beside me. “you’re just being resourceful. Besides moving all this on your own would give you a broken back and then you’d have to use Yixing. I think you’d rather use me, don’t you?” he grinned mischievously
 
“Ughhh.” I groaned and buried my head on his arm. “I don’t know what to do, Luhan.” I mumbled. 
 
“Well at least you don’t know what he’s thinking.” 
 
oh god.
 
 I shot up from leaning in his arm and looked him dead in the eye. “How bad is it?” 
 
“What do you mean?” 
 
“I mean like, how much does he like me?” I blushed a bit. It feels weird to acknowledge that he does like me. 
 
“Enough that you can’t avoid it too long.” 
 
“Wae wae wae wae? Why me?” I was throwing a self righteous pity party now. 
 
“Be happy someone likes.” He smacked me playfully. 
 
“Oh c’mon. Sehun nearly had a mental breakdown last week when he saw you.” I laughed. “Even I haven’t hooked anyone that fast.” Luhan blushed furiously and grinned like an idiot. 
 
“So we should talk about the Chinese Domain.” Luhan quickly changed the subject. 
 
“Fine fine what do I need to know.” I laughed. 
 
“Apparently everything.” Luhan  situated himself to face me and pulled out a piece of paper.  It had names written on it. “These are all the members of the Chinese Domain.”
 
“I’m sorry but what does the Chinese Domain mean, much less do?” It all sounded so official and scary. 
 
“It is official and scary.” he looked at me seriously. “All Chinese Domain members meet once a year on the Chinese new year which was just  two months ago. They are sort of like a head count on how things are going and if we’re on track.” 
 
“On track?” 
 
“Ne. Yixing is in charge of recovery of artifacts. I am usually brought in on the complicated tasks. Other members, well its hard to explain but just know that Chinese Domain really does not play around if someone goes awry.” 
 
“Like how?” 
 
I feel like I should be taking notes. 
 
“Like Jaekyu for instance. If he were in the Chinese Domain or even in China and pulled a stunt like that, and Duizhang found out, he would be persecuted and punished.” My eyes widened, this is sounding more like a mafia. 
 
“We’re not a mafia but you have to understand, people with powers aren’t like a normal person. We can do things far superior and really take down a person and hurt them. We all have to have rules or people like Jaekyu could do a lot of damage.” 
 
“True but what would punishment for something like skin walking and say trying to rob a bank do?” 
 
“I’m not sure. Duizhang is always in charge of that. Xiumin too.” 
 
“You mean Chinese Jack Frost?” I grinned. 
 
“You call him that to his face and don’t come crying to me when you get frostbit.” He frowned. I’m not taking this as serious as he’d like. 
 
“Mian, this is all just so weird.” I put my serious face on as Luhan continued.
 
“I don’t know who the Korean Domain leader is because Korean and Chinese Domain have not met for many years. The man-wol meeting will introduce the new leader. Whoever he is. They skipped the meeting 7 years ago too but we were too young then to care. Kris is ready to bite their head off.” I must have looked completely lost “it’s a lot to remember but you’ll catch on eventually.” he assured me. 
 
“I guess so, Kris sounds really scary.” I groaned. 
 
“He’s pretty fierce alright.” He rubbed my shoulder. “just don’t mention your other powers to him, okay?” 
 
“Okay?” I said with concern. Why would it matter?  “but why?” 
 
“If you tell him you can have any power the Korean leader will know and I don’t want him to give you a dangerous job like I or Yixing have.” Luhan shivered. “Definitely not a job like Xiumin or Chen.” he pursed his lips. I couldn’t help but agree even if I had no idea what their ‘job’ was designated too. 
 
“Arra. I won’t mention it then.” I fakely zipped my lips and tossed the imaginary key. 
 
“Good.” Luhan chuckled. My phone dinged letting me know the time. I had 15 minutes till Appa would be here. That gave me time to get Luhan home and flee to bed before he pulled up. 
 
“Are you ready to go?” I pouted. Its not that I wanted him to stay but spending time with Luhan was so relaxing. 
 
“N-ne.” He nodded. We descended the steps together as he gathered his coat and took plate of leftovers for Yixing. 
 
“Wait, Luhan.” I looked up as I linked my arm in his. 
 
“Yea?” he looked down at me. 
 
“When is the next man-wol meeting?” 
 
“Two days.” he smiled. “Don’t worry, Kai will just poof in and take you. If you want you can come over before hand and calm your nerves with Yixing and I. 
 
“I don’t think that would be a good idea.” I bit my lip. I can just remember Yixing’s lips on mine and me just sitting there like an idiot.
 
“Right.” he laughed. “Ladies first?” 
 
“If you insist!” I giggled and opened an invisible door and pulled Luhan through to the other side in to his living room. “Goodnight!” I smiled.
 
“Night.” He waved goodbye as I ported back in to my room. I dashed for my dresser as I saw headlights pull in to the driveway. I had barely gotten my night gown on and ported to my bed before my door creaked open, Appa coming to check that I was asleep. I held my breathe for some reason and tried to relax my closed eyes.

He never peeks in on me.

After a few minutes the door clicked back and I waited before opening my eyes. I heard his footsteps down the hall and relaxed. I stood up and locked my door before going back to my desk to look at the paper Luhan left me. 

 
 
 What the hell does a handler do, or an observer. Aish, every time I talk to Luhan or Kai I’m left with more questions. What exactly does a hunter even hunt?! At least I can understand Luhan’s hand writing. 
 
 I sighed and hid the paper under some old pencils in my desk and walked back to my bed. On the way the open curtain caught my eye.
 
I swear I shut that… 
 
 Walking over to the curtain cautiously I looked through and noticed Jongin’s window open. He was perched there looking in. I stepped shocked before looking at him and getting his attention. “Did you open my curtains?” I mouthed. He looked puzzled and held his arms up shrugging, he couldn’t hear me. I turned around to grab a pen and paper before an idea hit me. I drew backwards letters in the air and giggled as they glowed and sparkled, creating blue floating letters.  Kai smiled before shaking his head no, he hadn't open my curtains. I smiled and sat on the window sill before spelling out another sentence. 
 
"What are you doing?"
 
  He disappeared for a second before coming back with a sharpie marker and a blank piece of paper with ‘Nothing, just trying to get sleepy’ written on it neatly. I nodded in understanding and opened my window. 
 
“What are you doing now?” he whispered. I giggled as I stuck my head out to make sure neighbors weren’t spying or any one was walking by. I grinned mischievously and sent a set of glowing sheep out the window in to Kai’s. He chuckled lowly as they jumped over his head. 
 
“Sleepy yet?” I whispered back. He nodded his head cutely and swat the little sheep away. I yawned and covered my mouth as Kai just smiled more and stood up. 
 
“Goodnight Misty.” he waved. 
 
“Goodnight Kai.” I kissed my hand and blew a red glowing kiss that dispersed as it reached his window. I blushed madly and quickly shut my window and snapped my curtains shut. I was shocked at myself. I didn’t even intend on doing that. 

 Waaaeyoooooo!!!!! He probably thinks I’m such a dork now. 

Korean words mentioned you may/not know! 
nasusbae: Ferry/the boat.
Man-wol: moon meeting/ Lunar meeting
dakgalbi: Korean dish of chopped chicken and veggies 8D (soooo good, I had it at a Japanese resturaunt, go figure)
Nae ttal: My daughter/daughter
Mullon: Of course
(if there were other words you didnt know just ask♥ Some people still may not even know ne=yes or aniyo/andwae=no)

AN: Where in the hell did I pull 4613 words from?!?!??! Also little itty bitty Korean dictionary for your conveniece. If I'm wrong on some of them let me know because I had to use with book to look them up and my Korean is only about 65% accurate <.< >.> I could spend a whole day writing things down for this story but ermgerd the timeee I need more!  Also its about that time that watermelon planting starts so just like the southern farmgirl I am I will be busy planting seeds sooo and that means about 5 weeks no updates cause you work from 6am to 7pm and by the time I get back home I am so tired. IF EXO MAKES A COMEBACK THEN I WILL BE SO HAPPY BUT PISSED TOO LIKE OMG WAEEE! (sometimes I forget I'm 21 and rant like a 15 year old but heh...) Love you all and my subbies♥ You guys really make me feel important even more than my cat does, she won't even look at me.

   

COMMENT • SUBSCRIBE • RATE • CRITIQUE • LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. Have I confused you yet?! TELL ME.