Promise

Forced [Incomplete]

(EDITED)


“Back.” Kai ported in the middle of the living room right in front of my dad, both looking equally as shocked. Oh …

 

My dad looked terrified before turning back to me, mouth still hung open. I reached over cutely and pushed his jaw up, shutting it for him. Appa is barely okay with me teleporting anywhere but how will he react to me having a friend who does it more than I do?! I must pull out all the stops for this one to go over well…..Its time for…Aegyo.

 

“Oh wow! Jongin-ssi!” I jumped. “Appa, this is my new friend Jongin, he showed me around school , he helped me to my classes and even got me dinner so I didn’t have to eat those nasty frozen dinners.” I looked at my dad and pouted my lips then batted my lashes frivolously.

 

“N-Nice to meet you.” Kai bowed full 90 degrees and my dad let his face relax a bit more.

 

“Appa, I found out he can teleport too when he took us on a short cut to school, he is also our neighbor. He just got back from the bathroom, I tried to tell him he could use ours but he insisted on his.” I giggled cutely.

 

“I see…Misty, could you join me in the study…I have some papers that need your looking at.” My dad grimaced.  I’m doomed. Dad walked up the stairs and I turned to Kai and Luhan and crumpled over Sehun.

 

“This could get ugly. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” I pursed my lips. Luhan got up quickly and hugged me tight before patting my shoulder and telling me to stop by anytime. Kai just looked at me, apologetic but still kept his distance.

 

“I’ll just take Luhan home.” Kai rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

 

“Ne…Sehun-ah, you have to go home too.” I looked down at him and he had now rolled to his side, clutching his head, just nodding.

 

“I’ll get him.” Luhan giggled. He grabbed Sehun’s waist and stood him up. Sehun finally straightened up and crossed his arms over his chest like a 5 year old before bowing and nearly running for the door. I turned back to Luhan and Kai and waved goodbye as they ported off.

 

Upstairs dad was waiting for me at his desk. He had his wire frame glasses on the edge of his nose as he read over some stuff on his laptop. I walked over quietly to his desk and stood there, waiting for my lecture.

 

“I see that I can’t leave you alone for two days without you making friends with the sort of people I don’t trust.” He kept typing away furiously. Oh god, I almost with he were Jaekyu.

 

“Appa, I trust them. In two days they have proven to be more worthy than any of my friends in Wando.” I leaned against his desk.

 

“That is not the point. I can’t have you going and teleporting all over the world with some boy. You can get in serious trouble.” He sighed frustratedly.

 

“I’m not teleporting all over the world, you’re being dramatic.” I whined.

 

“You’re not eh? Where all have you been since we got here.” He asked.

 

“Just Beijing.” I said.

 

“Just Beijing?! Misty, what would you do if you got in trouble there?! How do you explain not being a Chinese citizen. How would I save you if I’d have to take a plane to help you? Can you even receive my phone calls there?!” His face was getting redder and redder.

 

“Dad really, its not like I’m sightseeing, I had a good reason to go to Beijing.” Actually I had two good reasons to go to Beijing both times, both involving broken bones.

 

“And they are?” He said, looking at me over the glasses lens and frowning.

 

“…well I can’t tell you right now but I promise they were real reasons.” I bit my lip.

 

“I don’t want you hanging out with that boy.” He huffed.

 

“His name is Jongin. You can’t do that just because he can port.” I snapped.

 

“I don’t care if his name is Priscilla! He is bad news, I forbid you to hang out with his kind!” Appa raised his voice.

 

“His kind?!” I mocked. “I am his kind. Umma was the only person I knew like me and she’s not here now! So he is my kind now.”

 

“I said I forbid it!” Appa stood up and pulled his glasses off, pointing them at me.

 

“Appa, I need him! He’s a good friend I swear. So are Luhan and Sehun." I groaned

 

“This is not up for discussion.” He snapped back.

 

“Nothing is up for discussion with you! You are working all the time, you don’t have time for me and that was fine in Wando because I had Hoya and Umma to keep me happy while you worked till midnight. Hoya never even knew what I could do. I have no one now.  Hoya is scum and Umma is gone so now I have no one... Until Jongin came along and helped me out.”

 

“Look I’m sorry, I’ll try to do better, but promise me you’ll stay away from him?” Appa looked at me, concern on his face.

 

“Appa please don’t…” I teared a bit, this is the first time I’ve ever pleaded with my father.

 

“Promise!” he yelled.

 

“I promise.” the tear rolled down my cheek and landed on my chest, leaving a cold trail as it rolled down.

 

“Thank you.” he sat back down and put his glasses on. I walked over and kissed his cheek diligently. Before walking out I looked out the study window and Kai was there, resting his chin on the window sill and looking worried. I reassured him with a smile and waved at him, my hand at my side, so Appa wouldn’t notice.  

 

As I lay in bed, covers draped over me and pillows creating a little fort around my sides I thought of what I was going to do. If I go against Appa he’d be really upset. On the other hand if I don’t then I’ve lost a few friends, but I’ve only known them two days. That can’t be so hard can it? I probably didn’t even make an impact on Kai or anyone. They’ll forget me in a week I’m sure.


But will I forget them?





AN: Short update because I have writers block but writing this helped me so hopefully the next will be longer! Also keep in mind I am working at three things at once @_@ I should really just go back to doing one shots because those are always a surprise and I don't feel bad with people waiting. Thank you though for all my patients subs and too my demanding ones I love you just as much cause you keep me on track! I decided to push the back in this fic but if you must have a fix read this. Its an "every chapter will be " kind of fic I'm working on. 

            ALWAYS REMEMBER TO COMMENT. THE MORE YOU COMMENT THE MORE KARMA YOU GET
(and me even though I don't use them for )

And omg Infinite comeback. 
I have such a thing for maknaes